Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

From behind.

...Invisible web? What does the web do?

Spider's web, sticky so he'd have to be careful where he puts his steps.

"Why take one when I can take both?"

Extending her neck upwards, Emma sees Insa approaching.

16 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

The Clinic: Roof

Insa walked over to where Emma was. 

"Hey big sister. What are you doing?"

@The Wandering Wizard

"Little sis, I see you have rejected the darkness once more."

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Why take one when I can take both?"

Extending her neck upwards, Emma sees Insa approaching.

"Little sis, I see you have rejected the darkness once more."

If it's invisible, couldn't she have just put it everywhere to catch everyone?

"If you do not release him, I will deprive you of a potential servant. It's either let him go and take me now, and maybe you can get him too later, or I make sure you can never have me." TAAron's voice wavered, but only slightly.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

If it's invisible, couldn't she have just put it everywhere to catch everyone?

It's still a web and it can only be where she has been. So currently it doesn't cover more than about 50ish feet all around her.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"If you do not release him, I will deprive you of a potential servant. It's either let him go and take me now, and maybe you can get him too later, or I make sure you can never have me." TAAron's voice wavered, but only slightly.

"I think you will find that harder than you think."

A invisible thread flies from Emma's spinneret and slams into TAAron's chest.

Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa smiled. "Mm-hm. What are you doing?"

"Finishing the work that you couldn't stomach. How does it feel to know you are a danger to be around them? How does it feel to have your power tainted with Kaos? It is no longer in your mind, but you can feel it in your power, can't you?"

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Finishing the work that you couldn't stomach. How does it feel to know you are a danger to be around them? How does it feel to have your power tainted with Kaos? It is no longer in your mind, but you can feel it in your power, can't you?"

Immediately, duralumin already burning in his chest, TAAron dropped a coin and burned steel and pewter, launching himself up and away with intense speed to break the connection. The coin was entirely flattened.

3 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Pretty sure it was always there. It was the thing that caused my glitches wasn't it?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Immediately, duralumin already burning in his chest, TAAron dropped a coin and burned steel and pewter, launching himself up and away with intense speed to break the connection. The coin was entirely flattened.

Uh, isn't he just going to fall back down if he doesn't drink anymore metals?

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"Pretty sure it was always there. It was the thing that caused my glitches wasn't it?"

"So, you finally figured that out did you?"

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Hissing Emma summoned a spectral purple dagger and tossed it towards TAAron. It flew towards him with unnatural speed and accuracy, seeking his shoulder.

Now is as good of a time to join as any.

@The Bookwyrm

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Hissing Emma summoned a spectral purple dagger and tossed it towards TAAron. It flew towards him with unnatural speed and accuracy, seeking his shoulder.

@The Bookwyrm

While falling from very high, TAAron attempted to defend himself with the cuendillar dagger while downing another vial of metals. He did not use steel yet, only pewter to give him more agility and his zincmind to give himself better reaction time.

6 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

@The Bookwyrm

Insa's expression darkened. "Do you know how many people have died because of the glitches?"

15 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

While falling from very high, TAAron attempted to defend himself with the cuendillar dagger while downing another vial of metals. He did not use steel yet, only pewter to give him more agility and his zincmind to give himself better reaction time.

The dagger phased through the cuendillar dagger and struck TAAron. The dagger radiated Kaos into the wound.

11 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa's expression darkened. "Do you know how many people have died because of the glitches?"

"Not nearly enough people," lightly replied Emma.

39 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Clinic: Roof

The liquid metal still raced towards Emma, pooling into her armor. Symbols blaze into blackness all over her armor and her mandibles twist into a grimace.

Emma grasps Thaidakar's hand and a violent roiling darkness begins to pour into him. 

Two of Emma's other arms lash out with her invisible thread. Whipping it into his legs to entangle them with the sticky substance.

Thaidakar pushed back the darkness, muttering under his breath. "No... not again... anything but this... no... not again... I can't..." He gritted his teeth. Then, fully aloud, he said, "Emma, please... I forgive you... you don't have to do this."

23 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The dagger phased through the cuendillar dagger and struck TAAron. The dagger radiated Kaos into the wound.

"Not nearly enough people," lightly replied Emma.

And TAAron let himself keep falling... and falling.

Now would be a good time to tell you that as the last remaining person from his world, TAAron had acquired a passive energy. He can't really use it but he would be harder than usual to corrupt.

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The liquid metal still raced towards Emma, pooling into her armor. Symbols blaze into blackness all over her armor and her mandibles twist into a grimace.

Emma grasps Thaidakar's hand and a violent roiling darkness begins to pour into him. 

Two of Emma's other arms lash out with her invisible thread. Whipping it into his legs to entangle them with the sticky substance.

36 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar pushed back the darkness, muttering under his breath. "No... not again... anything but this... no... not again... I can't..." He gritted his teeth. Then, fully aloud, he said, "Emma, please... I forgive you... you don't have to do this."

Platypus, having followed the liquid Wizard-tiger, pulls up short at the sight of Thaidakar being corrupted. Then, blades twirling wildly in a controlled pattern, he advances. As he is moving, he notices a slight resistance on the Blades, he dismisses one and changes patterns. Slashing all around and beneath him, he slashes some of the threads, causing them to recoil towards Emma. Cautiously progressing forward, he slashes more and more of the web, unraveling it.

If the Blade wouldn't sever the threads, I'll edit this, but I think that it should, this sword is specially crafted.

Ah whoops sorry, the last couple of days got…hectic, to say the least.

Rue shrugged. “I channeled into it, but nothing seemed to happen. I haven’t done much else, though. I’ve been slightly occupied staying alive.”

@UnfortunatelyNamed

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I'm afraid that you're wrong about that, I've never had a choice," clicked Emma.

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

And TAAron let himself keep falling... and falling.

The metal pooled around Emma and she hissed at it.

"Go, go and catch the falling fool!"

Burbling the metal raced off, sliding across the floor and heading towards the falling TAAron. 

It shifted, the metal forming a slide to catch TAAron and redirect his momentum towards Emma.

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"What is enough people in your mind?"

"Never enough, never! Not til all of you are corrupted. Then it will be enough."

56 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

If the Blade wouldn't sever the threads, I'll edit this, but I think that it should, this sword is specially crafted.

It probably could...yeah it would be able to 

On 2/15/2023 at 11:45 PM, Telrao said:

The Clinic: The Roof

Telrao and The Second appeared on the roof, thrumming with power, both glowing with Light. Telrao immediately spotted X and Matra's predicament and growled softly.

"How do you feel about fighting dragons, Second?" Telrao asked, pointing. She squinted and saw X inside the dragon's mouth, shields around him and preventing its mouth from closing. The Second's lips curled back.

"Enthusiastic, with a side of trepidation." He replied, a small shimmering field of energy forming around his lithe feline form. "Shall we?"

Telrao nodded and scribbled another Aon Tia on the ground. "Absolutely." She replied as they both placed their paws on the Aon, disappearing and reappearing in a flash of light nearby the dragon-kaos-thing.

Telrao began to scribble some Aon Ehes in the air, but the Second quickly stopped her. "You will kill them if you do that." He said. Then, he reached out with his senses and touched their Connection. Telrao's eyes widened. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" He asked, baring his teeth at some nearby Kaos tigers.

"Probably." Telrao replied. She drew a large Aon Edo on the ground, adding multiple modifiers as the Second used his Connection to touch the Aon spiritually, bracing it. When Telrao finished, he picked up the Aon with his spirit and shoved it towards X and Matra. The shield of pure white light meshed with X's shields, bracing it and pushing back against the dragon's jaws.

@The Wandering Wizard @xinoehp512 @Shadowed

As the energy infused his shields, X felt the mouth of the dragon lift away from him, being forced ever further open.

10 hours ago, Shadowed said:

Matra rushed out of the dragon’s open mouth, beckoning for X to do the same. She ran up to where a feline figure was drawing Aons on the ground. “Telrao?”

@Telrao @xinoehp512

X followed Matra, keeping his eyes and his focus on the shields inside the dragon's body as they continued to expand.

The shields are expanding inside of the dragon's head and neck.

@The Wandering Wizard