Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

16 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

@Mistbornwithakitty *hugs.* It's hard to advise on this sort of thing. However, I will say this. Is he really your friend if he so easily and constantly shuts you down when you have a disagreement? It may be that you put a higher value to your friendship than he does which is something serious to consider. If there can be no dialogue the question truly becomes is this friendship worth it? Remember your well being matters and if your feelings are being ignored it might be time to cut this "friend" out of your life because they don't really seem to care much for your feelings.

Thank you so much for the solid advice.  I was just really sad last night, but today has brought some clarity.  I'm not going to make any rash decisions, but this definitely is a pattern of behavior that I've accepted for fear of being alone (as I live a weird transient life and don't really have many people I can call my friends).  Thank you all for the hugs and encouragement.  It means a lot!^_^  

This happened earlier in the week and is more an outrage thing than just a bad day thing.

To preface I was scheduled to work in the employee grill area but instead was sent to the front of house order pickup.

It was time for my break, around 4PM, and I had just clocked out when this one team leader told me I had to relieve the cashier at the employee grill. He walked away before I could tell him I was on break and the time clock is right next to the manager office and I told the one manager I had already clocked out for my break and she told me to take my break and she’ll tell him what to do. She also told me to get my meal voucher from him and he tried to refuse giving me one until I said that the manager said to give me one. As I was walking to the grill to get myself something to eat I could hear him arguing with the manager in question.

When I got to the grill and was deciding what I wanted to get that same team leader showed up and told the cashier to go home since apparently his shift ended at 4PM and the other person working the grill area was getting the tenders and fries cooked up meaning there was no one manning the area and other employees were arriving for their break so I had no choice but to take over for the moment. By the time it had calmed down enough the other employee had showed up in the meantime and I could finally find a moment to let them know I was technically on my break and they couldn’t believe the team leader put me in that position and when I checked when I had clocked out it was almost the end of my break.

Then two of the managers, including the one I mentioned earlier, and both of us explained what happened and they couldn’t believe he went that far and adjusted the time schedule for me so I could get my break.

I almost had the same type of problem with the same team leader the previous Friday, April 1st, since I was on the clock for an event and I was sent to our icee cart with someone else. One manager, we have 5 or 6 to make things clear, an hour into our shift told us to relieve each other for our breaks and we checked with each other when the other leaves after the manager left. Since my shift ended first she told me to take the break first. When that time came I went to the grill as normal and after clocking back in I was heading back to the cart to relieve her when the team leader I mentioned calls out to me to drop everything and help on front of line pickup. I tried to explain what the break for us was like from the manager but he didn’t want to hear it but luckily the same manager was working at the burger station and reiterated what the break was for the carts and I needed to give the other person their break.

When I got back I told her what almost happened and boy was she surprised and mad at the team leader.

I don’t know what this guys deal is but in one situation he almost went over a manager and in another he outright defied one. In terms of company hierarchy it’s the worker at the bottom, team leaders and then the manager at the top so yes he pulled rank to the wrong people. And yes everyone knows who’s in which position since the workers have their area uniform, team leaders all wear blue shirts and managers wear regular clothes. Even if you don’t know their names you just mention they wear street clothes and they’ll instantly know how in the wrong he was. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I was supposed to see my grandparents and cousins over winter break, but canceled bc of covid. Then we were going to meet on family day, but my step cousins got covid, so canceled. Then on easter, we finally get to my grandparents cottage. The power goes out. There's a fire on the next door neighbor's lawn. Then my brother gets covid and we have to leave. We didn't even get to see most of my cousins.

7 hours ago, The Sibling said:

Hi. I was supposed to see my grandparents and cousins over winter break, but canceled bc of covid. Then we were going to meet on family day, but my step cousins got covid, so canceled. Then on easter, we finally get to my grandparents cottage. The power goes out. There's a fire on the next door neighbor's lawn. Then my brother gets covid and we have to leave. We didn't even get to see most of my cousins.

That's awful. *hugs*

Not about me but this whole situation between the governor of Florida and Disney is getting ridiculous and scary. After Disney stopped endorsing him after the backlash of the “Don’t Say Gay” bill he quickly threw together a bill to dissolve the Reedy Creek Improvement District making Disney World officially part of Orange and Osceola counties. To show how reckless this is the bill was passed without any discussion nor any financial reports made to see how it’ll impact everyone in the two counties. In one report it’s being estimated that property taxes will increase by 25% for everyone in Orange County and even higher in Osceola county. The mayor of Orlando is even saying that to include Disney in their budget will wreck havoc since they would have to figure out where to get that additional money from since the budget was already set when the news dropped.

This shows how much damage this one bill is causing to everyone in just two counties  and will most likely spread to the rest of the state all because of one man having a feud with a company.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

just found out the tickets for the Alan Walker concert I was planning to go to with two of my bestest friends in November are actuall 18+ so I can't actually go and now I'm about to shoot someone in the face

That sucks :(

5 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

just found out the tickets for the Alan Walker concert I was planning to go to with two of my bestest friends in November are actuall 18+ so I can't actually go and now I'm about to shoot someone in the face

That's a shame :(.

Why do I do it? Once every couple of months I ask myself this question. I feel like I'm a charlatan and an imposter. Why do I write? Why not quit and delete my work. It would be so simple to remove all traces and stop acting as though I have any skill whatsoever. As usual rejection is what brought this on. I had a real chance to break out into the world with my work. Last night it was slapped aside as not good enough. My heart and soul once again rent and torn. Is the pain worth it? Why subject myself to constantly being told what I have long suspected? All I have to do is stop and hit delete. The world will never know what it is going to miss. I doubt that it would even miss it in any case. If I'm truly as incapable as it seems then the world will never know my work anyway. The knife just carves out my heart. I want to believe that I'm capable, but its so hard. One friend called me the most creative person he knows. For all the good it does me. 

I apologize for my rant as usual. This last rejection really got under my skin and hurt.

My entire family except me and my sister got covid

It's so friking unfair because this was right before a vacation that i was really, really, really, really looking forward to, and for this entire pandemic but especially now we have been more careful than literally anyone i know, we wear n-95 masks in spaces that do not require any masks and we mostly keep big gatherings outdoors and we are so careful, even to the point that some people made fun of us, and then we let our friends stay with us for a night and they weren't careful and now we have covid.

And now our three week vacation that i was awaiting desperately is probably gonna be canceled. i think i'm gonna cry

Anyway, covid is still out there guys, be careful

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

23 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

My entire family except me and my sister got covid

It's so friking unfair because this was right before a vacation that i was really, really, really, really looking forward to, and for this entire pandemic but especially now we have been more careful than literally anyone i know, we wear n-95 masks in spaces that do not require any masks and we mostly keep big gatherings outdoors and we are so careful, even to the point that some people made fun of us, and then we let our friends stay with us for a night and they weren't careful and now we have covid.

And now our three week vacation that i was awaiting desperately is probably gonna be canceled. i think i'm gonna cry

Anyway, covid is still out there guys, be careful

Aw, that's horrible. *hugs*

• 3 weeks later...

In the month of May I had three emotional breakdowns, two anxiety attacks (at least, there might be some I missed), several almost anxiety attacks, continuous awful emotions, and one night of horrible sleep.  And my school has its first in person assembly since the 'rona in a couple days, and that means I'm probably going to have another anxiety attack.

I cannot wait until my emotions get to some kind of equilibrium, and I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

34 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

In the month of May I had three emotional breakdowns, two anxiety attacks (at least, there might be some I missed), several almost anxiety attacks, continuous awful emotions, and one night of horrible sleep.  And my school has its first in person assembly since the 'rona in a couple days, and that means I'm probably going to have another anxiety attack.

I cannot wait until my emotions get to some kind of equilibrium, and I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

*Hugs* That's awful We are here for you kindness! If you need to talk about it further don't hesitate to reach out.

• 2 weeks later...

My best friend (my only friend) and another of her friends played an extremely mean prank on me. They called me some very mean things and called me a loser and other swear words. Called me a slur that horrible people use for LGBTQ people. 

I don't know what to do. I've been unloved and unwanted all my life and then to hear this coming from her.. she was the only irl person i trusted. 

I mean it wasn't actually her but she convinced her friend to message me all this from her phone.  

But still 

Atleast i still have books. Book characters don't judge, they don't abandon. Book characters understand.  

Kaz brekker wouldn't judge. He has been as alone as i have. Kaladin understands what its like to feel that heavy sadness suddenly overtake you. To think you're never gonna see the sun again. But all of these characters forged themselves into something stronger. I can do that too.

Edited by Elf

51 minutes ago, Elf said:

My best friend (my only friend) and another of her friends played an extremely mean prank on me. They called me some very mean things and called me a loser and other swear words. Called me a slur that horrible people use for LGBTQ people. 

I don't know what to do. I've been unloved and unwanted all my life and then to hear this coming from her.. she was the only irl person i trusted. 

I mean it wasn't actually her but she convinced her friend to message me all this from her phone.  

But still 

Atleast i still have books. Book characters don't judge, they don't abandon. Book characters understand.  

Kaz brekker wouldn't judge. He has been as alone as i have. Kaladin understands what its like to feel that heavy sadness suddenly overtake you. To think you're never gonna see the sun again. But all of these characters forged themselves into something stronger. I can do that too.

*Hugs.* Firstly, and most importantly you are loved Elf! Very much so! I cannot even begin to comprehend being treated this way by someone that you considered a friend. Secondly, all that I can really say is this if nothing else we are here for you. If you need someone to talk to my DM's are always open as I have said in the past. I am truly sorry that you ever had to go through this! Take these poems. I hope that they can brighten your day.

Cleanse 

The spinning waters,

Encircle. Stop and cool the,

Day. Spring rain shower.

Season Greeting

Cinnamon clouds float.

Warm waves wash over the land.

The waking Summer.

Rise

Warmth calls all life out.

Flora of all kinds are born.

The spring is awake.

5 hours ago, Elf said:

But still 

I'm so sorry that you've been treated like that, Elf. *hugs* It isn't true, and you're a wonderful person.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:58 AM, Elf said:

But still 

That's awful! I don't understand people who do things that hurt others. Nothing that they said is true! You are loved. If you want to talk, I'm here. 

As for book characters, that is so true. I read depressing book scenes when I'm sad. I sympathize with the characters and then I feel a bit better. Maybe try that?