Your royal highness, Lady Kiireon, the Brightness Ascendant. With my fate no longer bound with that of Kaian, I can now reaffirm complete fealty to your service. Do you still require poems of a novice poet?

I think I can live without poems, but that honorific: you can definitely keep that coming. :D

I think I can live without poems, but that honorific: you can definitely keep that coming. :D

That is a relief. I did not think my poetry worthy for the Brightness Ascendant, but I was not sure if Her Majesty approved though. She did not respond to the banner commissioned in her honor. Edited by Haelbarde

Hey, Jain. Any insights into Karlin's ongoing silence and measured non-participation? Remembered you were friends from MR4, and on the same team, to boot  :P

Hreo's noted, by the way, (for all who might find that information interesting and/or relevant) that if Ostrich does not respond by the end of this cycle, he's slated to be replaced, so I think it's safe to adopt a wait-and-see attitude on that front.

Not necessarily. We could be lovers and you just didn't realise it, sule ;)

So we have no idea where that leak could possibly be from, assuming that it was 'from' anywhere?

#iamthewaterlovingblubberytuskedmammal #iamthesonicvillainwithterriblehair #iammyownKas

What "leak" are you referring to?

GM ANNOUNCEMENT

I just found out that I'm not going to get home tonight in time to do the rollover at the regular time. So unless Tulir feels up to doing everything himself, the rollover will be delayed by an hour or two tonight.

Thanks for your understanding!

Hey, Jain. Any insights into Karlin's ongoing silence and measured non-participation? Remembered you were friends from MR4, and on the same team, to boot  :P

Hreo's noted, by the way, (for all who might find that information interesting and/or relevant) that if Ostrich does not respond by the end of this cycle, he's slated to be replaced, so I think it's safe to adopt a wait-and-see attitude on that front.

Thanks for the chance for discussion. It was getting boring on my side. Rainspren's being AFK as usual, so I'll have to remind him to get on today.

Spreadsheet hopefully coming...

Thanks for the chance for discussion. It was getting boring on my side.

Well, you could tell us why you went for Zas at the first opportunity, out of all the possible players you could've chosen. I'm rather curious about that.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Are you implying that Jain is the Gyorn?

I don't think I'm implying it, I think I'm being pretty blatant in my accusation :P

At night’s end:

I’m here writing bad poetry to you;

splotches of ink on the silent page.

At night’s end:

Let none but my heart speak

I’m here writing bad poetry to you.

Splotches of ink on the silent page—

O, Kasimir, when will you know better?

When will you know that even night ends?

Edited by Wyrmhero

I don't think I'm implying it, I think I'm being pretty blatant in my accusation :P

True. I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't misreading that. I couldn't think of any time he went after Zas, but my notes are a little sparse in regards to Jain. :P

Had been hoping for a response from Lightsworn. Maybe I'll save thoughts for next cycle.

Anyway - I have a Quest for whoever decides to take it - I am not going to be around for turnover (well, unless it comes in super late). This means there may be a lapse in game quick links as the second post. So, if I'm not around I'm gonna put the code for the quick links here, so someone could do it this round.

[hr][b][u]Game Quicklinks[/u][/b]
[LIST]
[*][url=http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/]Signups[/url][/*]
[*][url=http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/?p=266040]Day 1[/url] - Fel/Mek Lynched.[/*]
[*][url=http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/?p=267210]Night 1[/url] - Orlok Killed, Zas converted.[/*]
[*][url=http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/?p=267929]Day 2[/url] - Spencer Lynched.[/*]
[*][url=http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/?p=269512]Night 2[/url] - Cultist and Gyorn targets protected by pendants. Phattemer allegedly Cultist target.[/*]
[*][url=http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/?p=270936]Day 3[/url] - Mailliw73 Lynched.[/*]
[*][url=http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/?p=271870]Night 3[/url] - Bort was poisoned, someone else saved from Cultists.[/*]
[*][url=http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/?p=272410]Day 4[/url] - Winter discovered to be a Cultist and Lynched. Wyrmhero and Emerald join the game.[/*]
[*][url=http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/?p=273590]Night 4[/url] - Phattemer killed, Meta probably poisoned.[/*]
[*][url=http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/?p=274107]Day 5[/url] - Honey Badger, a Citizen Pirate, was lynched. His hostage, Zas (a Cultist), died with him.[/*]
[*][url=http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/?p=275117]Night 5[/url] - Jindo Warrior prevents the Cultist killing, Alvron taken by Shaod, Bort returns from Elantris.[/*]
[*][url=http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/?p=275713]Day 6[/url] - Bort, the Cultist Prince, was lynched.[/*]
[*][url=http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/29102-lg12-shadows-of-elantris/?p=276772]Night 6[/url] - *Cultists did something*[/*]
[*][url=Night%206]Day 7[/url] - Currently Active.[/*]
[/LIST]
[hr] 

Or I guess I can just do it late. But it don't look as neat as when it's the first reply.

Edited by Haelbarde

Day Seven: The Protector

They met underground, all showing up at the same time.  They stood in a circle, watching as their leader opened the box that had been placed in the center of the room.  Inside it laid a dagger, looking ordinary except for the inscriptions on the blade.  It had been infused with all the rituals the Mysteries had to offer, and was only brought out in times of great need.  The loss of the prince and their previous failures had left them with no other choice.

Their leader drew it out of the box, holding it carefully before stepping forward.  The cultists filled out of the cave, filtering through the hallways of the Palace as they made their way towards their target’s room.  They gathered at the door, and were about to break it down, when it opened in front of them, revealing a cloaked figure they had never seen before.

The figure eyed them, chuckled, and shut the door, blocking the path to their target.  The cultists eyed the figure, remembering their failure the previous night, but the leader stepped forward, wielding the dagger, attacking in a rapid series of cuts and jabs.  The warrior weaved between all of the attacks, and when the rest of the cultists joined in as well, still didn’t retaliate.  The only actions the warrior took were dodges, effortlessly avoiding everything, before striking out in a series of quick blows, knocking the dagger to the ground.

It shattered, leaving the cultists staring at it in shock, before fleeing before the warrior.

--

MenE had started to enjoy his time in Elantris.  There weren’t many perks, but the simple life appealed to him.  And his energy had always been high, in contrast to his fellow Elantrians, so he completed tasks that were set out in front of him, without tiring like the others.  So when he ran his hands over his head and felt patches from fresh hair, his excitement was tinged with disappointment

The Jindo Warrior prevented the Cultists from killing their target!
MenE recovered from the Shaod (Poison)!.
Day Seven has begun!  It will end in about 47 hours.

Updated Player List:

1. Edrab Leah (Haelbarde)

2. Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

3. Mainem (Mckeedee123)

4. Gerald Hobbes (Kipper)

5. Clankii (Clanky)

6. Dow (dowanx)

7. Arfear Quinn (Araris Valerian)

8. Duke Pifferdan (Emerald 101)

9. Clancy (lord Claincy Ffnord)

10. Kaian (Kasimir)

11. Redodaa Tialehe (Silverblade5)

12. Kiireon (little wilson)

13. Karlin (Surgebound Rainspren)

14. Nathanael (Wyrmhero)

15. Sheon Idris (Seonid)

16. Tehen (twelfthrootoftwo)

17. Won LenReen (A Smart Guy)

18. Liala (Luckat)

19. Borter Clams (Bort)

20. MenE (Metacognition)

Elantrians

1. Neo (neodymium)

2. Riingar (Renegade)

3. Edaan (Alvron)

The Deceased

1. Fernarnia (Feligon) Keeper of the Secret Tunnels

2. King Walin (spencer12347) Debtor
  3. Locke (OrlokTsubodai) Citizen

4. Maisao (Mailliw73) Citizen

5. Kae (Winter Cloud) Jeskeri Cultist

6. Sienene (phattemer) Korathi Priest, Elantrian

7. Hene Bata (The Honey Badger) Pirate

8. Diren (Zas678)-Hoed Jeskeri Cultist, Elantrian

Pinch Hitters

1. Wyrmhero

2. A Smart Guy

3. Emerald 101

4. Silverblade5

Edited by Tulir

Game Quicklinks
  • Signups
  • Day 1 - Fel/Mek Lynched.
  • Night 1 - Orlok Killed, Zas converted.
  • Day 2 - Spencer Lynched.
  • Night 2 - Cultist and Gyorn targets protected by pendants. Phattemer allegedly Cultist target.
  • Day 3 - Mailliw73 Lynched.
  • Night 3 - Bort was poisoned, someone else saved from Cultists.
  • Day 4 - Winter discovered to be a Cultist and Lynched. Wyrmhero and Emerald join the game.
  • Night 4 - Phattemer killed, Meta probably poisoned.
  • Day 5 - Honey Badger, a Citizen Pirate, was lynched. His hostage, Zas (a Cultist), died with him.
  • Night 5 - Jindo Warrior prevents the Cultist killing, Alvron taken by Shaod, Bort returns from Elantris.
  • Day 6 - Bort, the Cultist Prince, was lynched.
  • Night 6 - Cultists get thwarted again
  • Day 7 - Currently Active.

Let me be first to welcome Meta back. Now we get his words straight from the source! \o/

(And it turns out turnover happened before a left. Yay!)

Edited by Haelbarde

They're having fun. Too bad they forgot to switch names....

The newest convert is Twei. Big surprise there. The Gyorn is sticking with the confirmed players.

And there I was, thinking Wyrm and Kas were two perfectly mature players... What has the Inquisition come to...

Edit: Wait what!? Since when did Kas and Wyrm have such similar rep!? Who's who... You two have bamboozled me.  ;)

Edit 2: OK, finally got things figured out. And yes, I've waited my whole SE career to make that pun.

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

And there I was, thinking Wyrm and Kas were two perfectly mature players... What has the Inquisition come to...

Edit: Wait what!? Since when did Kas and Wyrm have such similar rep!? Who's who... You two have bamboozled me. ;)

Edit 2: OK, finally got things figured out. And yes, I've waited my whole SE career to make that pun.

Good >> Clearly we need to try harder >>

Not like it's rocket science or anything! >> I'm Wyrm and that's my bro Kas who asked you about Zas last night, kolo?

GM ANNOUNCEMENTS!

Ostrichofevil has been unresponsive for several cycles, so our last Pinch hitter is stepping in to take his place. Please extend a cold, slimy Elantrian welcome to Silverblade5! This is his first Sanderson Elimination game, so if you would help bring him up to speed that would be great. Thanks!

Also, if there is anyone out there reading this who would like to volunteer to pinch hit, we could still use you this game. Just send me and Tulir a PM.

Also, to Kasimir and Wyrm: It's been fun, but I'm going to have to ask you to switch your identities back, or at least make it obvious to all the players and Tulir and me which of you is which, so that when players cast votes and etc. we know exactly who they're targeting.

Not like it's rocket science or anything! >> I'm Wyrm and that's my bro Kas who asked you about Zas last night, kolo?

The thing is, Wyrm is not Wyrm, and Kas is not Kas. But if Kas is not Kas, yet is neither Wyrm, then WHO WAS KAS!? Illuminati Confirmed!

Speaking of which, why would I, Lightsworn Panda the Gyorn Convert Zas? Considering how it was the first Night, then the Gyorn couldn't have possibly known what role or alignment Zas was, unless he/she contacted Zas with a Seon. However, Zas was also an Elantrian. The Gyorn could have taken advantage of the lack of communication between Elantris and the main thread, and Converted Zas, confusing the main thread for some time.  Of course, if I was the Gyorn, I wouldn't have gone for an Elantrian, unless they were experienced, since the temporary confusion advantage only lasts so long, and would provoke discussion about me the Gyorn and his/her activities, which is something I the Gyorn wouldn't want. Yes, I know I'm following the "I'm not Eliminator, since if I was Eliminator, I'd do X, instead of Y" logic, but I just wanted to contribute some discussion/analysis that was useful for once.

Welcome, Silverblade!