Guys I think I'm a morning person

2 hours ago, Tani said:

... which one are you voting for?

Oh.... I didn't remember red was for voting >.< I was just trying to find a good color that stood out haha!!!

I actually think they're both village at this point in time ^~^

EDIT: @Bort mislynches, misexes, misgrinches!!! Anything where a villager dies by vote!!!!

Edited by Illwei

31 minutes ago, Tani said:

Idk, why are there lots of people who apparently haven't been grabbing stuff? Is that all just RNG?

I suspect it likely is. I imagine most, if not all, players have gone for something, but if there's 10 going after one vial, that's 9 unhappy people.

11 hours ago, |TJ| said:

smh :P. 

Did I say that? :P.

Clearly my thoughts hadn't fully developed yet :P.

8 hours ago, Kasimir said:

AFAIK Archer sticks out as being the only guy who thought Thaid's retraction on his role was a slip - Drake, Biplet, and Stick as far as I can recall all cited thoughts about Thaid forgetting he had his shade gun confiscated being odd. No idea about Araris.

I mean, I kind of think the role slip reason was better than the shade gun reason, even though neither were that good.

3 hours ago, Illwei said:

Oh.... I didn't remember red was for voting >.< I was just trying to find a good color that stood out haha!!!

Voting also doesn't happen at night so you're good! Welcome to the game!

4 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Smh, you shortened STINK’s name to STIN, not STI. -1111/10, do not recommend

Well, I people might get confused with STI vs Sti, so I made them STIN and _St :D

Spoiler

Yep, that's definitely the reason. Not any preexisting acronyms. Definitely. :ph34r:

Ivory Tarvis, Head Carpenter of The Survivor, hadn’t o-pined much during the meeting. They sat at the back of the room, wearing a t-shirt that read ‘What Wood Grandpa Tarvis Do?’, lounging in a ced-armchair

“Yo boss! Em-bosssss. Can I ash a question?”

“There’s no need to be so chipper. And no.”

“May I, pleasssse. MayIpleasemayIpleasemapleleavessssss?”

“Aren’t you supposed to be making a wittle something to spruce this space up?”

“Oof. I’m weeping, Willow. You know there’s no wood aboard.”

“I look forward to the date when you fig-ure out my real name.”

“Sorry, I keep fir-getting it. I’ll make a note to stick it in my head with some Elm-er’s glue later.”

Not Willow face-palm-ed, turning their attention to reviewing the ship’s logs. “Oaky, I’m tired of this. Go away, we’re in the middle of an eme…ever-”

“Are you trying to make evergreen sound like emergency?”

“You bamboozle me.”

“That’s not even a type of-”

“GO.”

Ivory muttered something under their breath about the Captain’s poplar-ity.

“I HEARD THAT.”

“Chill-sel. I said beech.”

I'm not at all upset that Ashbringer didn't give me a nickname. It's fine. I'm not crying, you're crying 

It’s weird that no one on the winning wagon D1 also killed on D2. Least of all because the elims get a shot at the dead person’s item if they’re on the train. I’d guess D1 they didn’t care as much though because the piñata hadn’t been bashed yet.

Biplet ISO:

“The shock of two new messages being two identical votes on Bort threw me off so bad XD I just finished an essay.

Anyway, hello Bort! We've never met I don't think. And hello to you JNV while I'm thinking about it. I don't think we've met either. Am I missing anyone else I don't know? There's... a lot of players here. Thought TUO was a new player bc of the name change for a sec... oops" - Biplet

Looks like Bip overreacted to the two naked votes on Bort then covered with ‘hello person I have never met before wink wink’. They then say they’re against killing Tani and Fifth. Then they go and vote for Tani for being a chaos demon. Why the inconsistency?

Gonna be real honest with y’all I thought I made a post. Brain is scrampled egg.” – Biplet

TFW you talk in the elim doc and forget about the thread.

I'm willing to vote on them or Steel, since pressure seems to be mounting on Steel now, and I don't think it's a good idea to throw out a side train when it looks like elims are building up for a mega-kill.” -Biplet

Didn’t you just, with Tani, on the, with the, Day One?

Anyway, Thaid it is for now. I think the "oh I completely forgot I was stolen from" bit feels like a new player trying to give themself village cred. I don't agree with Archer's reason for voting on Thaid tho. The role slip is NAI. Willing to join on Archer should more reasoning be presented. I'm close to the tipping point between the two.”

I actually agree with that, but it was a village kill anyway. But why would you be willing to vote me and Thaid? We were opposed to each other.

Drake sidebar: because he makes a good point, I shouldn’t clear for format.

Thaid vote was for forgetting they were robbed, which appears to have been a common reason.

Probably not e-e with Steel, based on the pressure they applied.

I’d love to see how they react to pressure in meme format so maybe that’s something to come back to later.

Hey Stick!

“hmm yes I am now destressed for some mysterious reason” -Stick

:(.

“TJ - I PM'd him straight up accusing him of being elim (a joke, obviously - I'd done this before in lg74 as well, where I was village). He responded saying that I can't use the same move from my village game to get village cred in this one. It's not anything huge, but I feel like an elim would've gone on the defensive here instead of the offensive, even if it was merely a joke. I also do not think TJ would go for the arsonist plan.” -Stick

I have thoughts. And I can’t. Talkaboutthemarrrrgh.

edit: re:the Bort RB thing - if we get roleblocked, do we still get to use the vials in another turn or do they just get wasted? Not tagging Striker because this might've been already answered but I'm too tired to go look” -Stick

This reads like ‘I’ve asked this in the elim doc already and want village cred for asking again but I fele bad pinging the GM over it’.

Re: Bort

Village read for asking questions in thread that could have been covered in the doc.

Araris:

Hard elim read for using math. Not going to elaborate because that’s all the information I need. Definitely not because I’ve run out of time

14 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I mean, I kind of think the role slip reason was better than the shade gun reason, even though neither were that good.

I'm not sure which way I lean right now - but I feel like the three-way shade gun mindmeld is striking because I agree it's not the strongest reason and I'm wondering if it resonated or if there's some coordination-based reason for this.

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

I'm not at all upset that Ashbringer didn't give me a nickname. It's fine. I'm not crying, you're crying 

Wh-

Wha-

No I specifically typed out Arc where did it go did the alphabetizer eat it

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

38 minutes ago, Archer said:

This reads like ‘I’ve asked this in the elim doc already and want village cred for asking again but I fele bad pinging the GM over it’.

39 minutes ago, Archer said:

Village read for asking questions in thread that could have been covered in the doc.

Spoiler

Thonk PNG Images, Free Transparent Thonk Download - KindPNG 

Also smh in the name of village cred I would not have hesitated to ping Striker five times :P 

11 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Controversial Opinions, Illwei 2022:

Sometimes villagers do things specifically for village cred

I mean...villagers do want other villagers to view them as village in order to avoid unnecessary MLs, so maybe? :P But it's probably a way more subconscious effort than an elim's deliberate moves aiming for village cred

13 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

@Karnatheon why didn't you vote last turn?

I honestly just never made the time as bad as it sounds. I worked 11 hour days both days and then had my wife's birthday party after work Saturday and a DnD session after work Sunday. I even forgot to submit an action to grab an item. I was able to keep up with the thread on breaks and stuff but couldn't dedicate the time to actually think about anything or participate. 

16 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Oh yeah one more thing. @Amanuensis if you don’t post this turn you will either be removed or replaced by a pinch hitter. 

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...Uh, Genis? It's been two days. Aren't you going to say anything?"

"What? I've said plenty. More than enough, by my measure."

"I don't believe your private meetings with the Security Officer qualify as 'plenty.' Not by the Captain's measure, at least, and his is the one that matters the most."

"Nonsense. It's not like anyone has cared to ask me about my ideas, thoughts, or perspective. I am clearly beyond their consideration, and their petty squables are clearly beneath me. I don't want any part of it."

"But what about Father's killer? We know they used his permissions to sabotage the Cognitive Drive, and we know they're still amidst the crew. How can we avenge him if we don't get involved? You don't expect his murderer to get caught without your help, do you?"

"Of course not! But that doesn't mean I'm in the right state of mind to lead the investigation or, God Beyond Forbid, for me to socialize. Father was the only family I had. My only friend too. I'm still an young orphan boy in mourning, you know."

"...I know, Genis. Father was all I knew and had too. But now we have each other, and we have our mission. So please... when you feel better, just let me know and we'll get to work. It's why he brought us together. It's what he would have wanted."

"Gah! Fine. Maybe tomorrow, or perhaps the day after that. But I'm not making any promises. Got it?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

Edited by Amanuensis

2 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

I mean...villagers do want other villagers to view them as village in order to avoid unnecessary MLs, so maybe? :P But it's probably a way more subconscious effort than an elim's deliberate moves aiming for village cred

Controversial Opinion 3, Illwei, 2035

No

Hmm, okay.

6 hours ago, Archer said:

Looks like Bip overreacted to the two naked votes on Bort then covered with ‘hello person I have never met before wink wink’.

If you know me you know I like to say hi to new people/people I don't know. I tend to be friendly in thread. If you look earlier, I also greeted another player (Sequence) I didn't know, and we had a short conversation about it. I also think it's reasonable to react to two completely out of the blue votes?

They then say they’re against killing Tani and Fifth. Then they go and vote for Tani for being a chaos demon. Why the inconsistency?

Never said I was against voting Tani. In fact, my exact words were:

I can't say I feel totally great about Tani so far, but I know they have a tendency to be chaotic (evidenced both by their self vote and bort vote lol). Coordination of items isn't inherently suspicious, but paranoia over a fake elim claim reads weird. Like, logically, no elim would actually claim D1, but i get paranoid about my posts in elim games so I can see a fake claim making someone paranoid about it. But now we're getting into IKYK territory.

I said I didn't feel great about Tani, as in I wasn't reading them good. I listed some of my suspicions and what my hang ups were, and then later proceeded to vote on them based on my suspicions listed here. So you're completely wrong, actually. :P

TFW you talk in the elim doc and forget about the thread.

TFW you're a busy student that left an unfinished post open on her laptop.

Didn’t you just, with Tani, on the, with the, Day One?

You missed an important part of my post, specifically: "when it looks like the elims are building up to a mega-kill." We had new information, that information being that the elims might be hoarding steel. With that fear in mind, I didn't want to throw out a sudden side train. D1 is wayyyy different. D2 we have info.

But why would you be willing to vote me and Thaid? We were opposed to each other.

Because I was sus of you both.

Your post makes a lot of inferences about me, friend :P