Mid Range 50: The Northern Wind II

DeTess

38 minutes ago, Tani said:

Its called the only valid reason I had for voting you was the ISO Gears did on you and how he said if you were elim hed look at me and see if I was elim too. I was scared you were elim. I was scared Gears might misread me elim. (I'm village. There, I've said it right out.)

okay, That's very...

Tani

Voting on someone with that reasoning implies that you know they're going to flip village, and so you want to do that to prove that you're a Villager because of Gears' conclusions. 

Edited by Illwei

7 minutes ago, Tani said:

Here, I'll help you kill me off. Tani.

Having fun yet?

No, but you getting upset every time someone votes on you neither helps your case, nor makes the game fun for anyone involved. 

Because I believe the best in people, I have to assume that you know this, and don't actually intend to do that, so this is actually just an Appeal to my Emotions just like in MR49. So my vote will be staying. 

Edited by Illwei

1 hour ago, Tani said:

Its called the only valid reason I had for voting you was the ISO Gears did on you and how he said if you were elim hed look at me and see if I was elim too. I was scared you were elim. I was scared Gears might misread me elim. (I'm village. There, I've said it right out.)

Yeaah, this really ain't it. It really reads like what Illwei says below. That line of thinking is very much self preservative in the season that it's likely to have come from an elim mindset. You aren't thinking of catching elims or finding suspicion. You seem to care more about how you look when someone flips and it definitely feels like a vote to make you look good. 

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

Voting on someone with that reasoning implies that you know they're going to flip village, and so you want to do that to prove that you're a Villager because of Gears' conclusions. 

Tani also fits the profile of a team that might go for the tied vote thing to sabotage rather than going for Lab or Brig or Navigator in C1. 

27 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Yeaah, this really ain't it. It really reads like what Illwei says below. That line of thinking is very much self preservative in the season that it's likely to have come from an elim mindset. You aren't thinking of catching elims or finding suspicion. You seem to care more about how you look when someone flips and it definitely feels like a vote to make you look good. 

I would point out that I could see v!Tani voting me to try to make it evident that we're not e/e (something I've done, or at least been tempted to do, in the past)... but that's also not really how she phrased it.

I've been suspicious of Quinn since this post in C2:

On 5/8/2021 at 3:02 PM, Quintessential said:

I don't particularly care either way; early on in the game, it's probably fine to have ties kill all players in them, especially because it increases the stakes for the elims and can give us more solid information to analyze during endgame. I do think it's important to get that fixed before Ex-Lo though

I just have to really strongly disagree with this. With such a limited number of players, I can't imagine a good reason to advocate for allowing ties. There's a chance of hitting an elim with one, but the chances of removing two villagers is much higher. I'm reading Quinn mild elim for this, but...

I can't in good conscience vote for her. We have a confirmed Investigator through her, and I don't have a strong enough elim read yet to justify voting for Quinn over one message that might have just been made with poor thought.

3 hours ago, Tani said:

Edit 3: Fine. Have fun without me. I promise you'll regret killing me.

Funny how I didn't die when I asked to be killed, but keep dying when I ask to live. Maybe I should turn that against you later.

This doesn't read like village at all. This feels like a last ditch attempt to save yourself without a true defense. Why? Why would we regret killing you? What's your real defense? Dying is no fun, I understand that, but this isn't a real reason not to kill you. And why would you advertise that we'd regret killing you? Now there's a target on your back. The elims could go after you anyway, unless you're not worried about that...?

Tani. Sorry m'friend

If the brigger happens to come across a PM, I wouldn't mind a PM to confirm whether or not you blocked Quinn or not. 

I was hoping the IKYK would be strong enough for you to block/protect someone else, because an Investigator is of no use to us if they can't be useful. If saving Quinn every cycle is what you're going to do then there's little reason to keep Quinn alive in the first place. 

VC: 

Tani (5): XP, Quinn, Illwei, Tani, TJ, Biplet
Illwei (1): Szeth

3 hours ago, Illwei said:

No, but you getting upset every time someone votes on you neither helps your case, nor makes the game fun for anyone involved. 

Because I believe the best in people, I have to assume that you know this, and don't actually intend to do that, so this is actually just an Appeal to my Emotions just like in MR49. So my vote will be staying. 

Do you not get upset when people don't believe you and you're telling the truth? No, this isn't like MR49. I was elim that game.

2 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Tani also fits the profile of a team that might go for the tied vote thing to sabotage rather than going for Lab or Brig or Navigator in C1. 

On 5/8/2021 at 1:36 PM, Tani said:

Is it best if the Captains Quarters gets repaired, or do we like tied deaths?

I'll let that speak for itself. Also I'll point out that no one else mentioned it even in passing until I brought it up.

On 5/8/2021 at 11:56 AM, DeTess said:

Cycle 2

Spoiler

"Well, I think the captain is mightily suspicious." One of the engineers spoke up. They where still a relative unknown to Praza, and try as she might, she couldn't remember their name.

"That's ridiculous." the chief engineer responded. "The captain was one of the few survivors of the debacle of the first Northern Wind. He's pretty much the only person that's beyond suspicion." She shook her head.

"Yeah, he might be a hardass, but the captain is trustworthy!" Another crew member chimed in. "And didn't I see you loitering around the engines when that saboteur got caught?" he added, pointing at the crewmember whose name Praza still could not remember.

"Yes, I saw that too!" one of the scientists chimed in. "And I saw them meet with some shady looking people in a bar near the shipyard a couple of days ago as well!"

Other members of the crew now started to chime in with their own suspicions, and it wasn't long before the captain walked voer to see what the commotion was all about. When he heard about the accusation leveled against him, as well as the accusations leveled against hat oen crew member, he didn't waste time calling over the constables, and the unknown crew member was dragged away.
The mood on the shipyard was pretty good the next morning, the various members of the crew feeling more relaxed now that a likely saboteur had been caught. That good mood lasted until the captain called a meeting at his office. The smell of sewage emerging from the room clued everyone in that not all was as it should be.

"As I'm sure you can all smell, some joker rerouted the waste water plumbing into my quarters..." The captains voice was quiet and intense, a look of cold fury in his eyes. "The next shift won't end until you've found the culprit. Get out of here, and get to work!"

The unknown order has been arrested, they were a Village engineer

The captain's quarters have been sabotaged! Until it is repaired, a tied vote results in all people in the tie being dismissed.

All mentions of engineers underlined. I think the write-up might be correct as to who those are, but am only half certain.

24 minutes ago, Biplet said:
4 hours ago, Tani said:

Edit 3: Fine. Have fun without me. I promise you'll regret killing me.

Funny how I didn't die when I asked to be killed, but keep dying when I ask to live. Maybe I should turn that against you later.

This doesn't read like village at all. This feels like a last ditch attempt to save yourself without a true defense. Why? Why would we regret killing you? What's your real defense? Dying is no fun, I understand that, but this isn't a real reason not to kill you. And why would you advertise that we'd regret killing you? Now there's a target on your back. The elims could go after you anyway, unless you're not worried about that...?

Tani. Sorry m'friend

If I say, I die. Less quickly now that the agent's gone, but I still die.

Edited by Tani
Spoilered the write-up to make the post shorter.

24 minutes ago, Biplet said:

I just have to really strongly disagree with this. With such a limited number of players, I can't imagine a good reason to advocate for allowing ties. There's a chance of hitting an elim with one, but the chances of removing two villagers is much higher. I'm reading Quinn mild elim for this, but...

Nah, I stand by that. Which is for two reasons: I like to use votes in analysis, and in a game with no vote-manip and ties-kill-all-players, the information that you can get from votes when there's a near tie is a lot more solid. And also, I've been elim in a game where ties killed all players and it was a problem for my team early on but then became an asset later. So I repeat, early on in the game, I think it can be useful to have that sabotage in place. Later on it's definitely a problem and if there are engineers still out there, they should definitely fix it.

25 minutes ago, Tani said:

Do you not get upset when people don't believe you and you're telling the truth? No, this isn't like MR49. I was elim that game.

Do i get frustrated sometimes? Yes. 

But did I join a game all about lies and manipulation? Also yes.

Yeah theres going to be times where its frustrating because you're trying to get a point across and people wont listen. But 1. Youre not, and 2. Thats the game we signed up for. 

You cant fault people for not believing you in-game when you join it to lie to people. 

And you cant fault us for not beliving a "I'm a villager" claim, when theres nothing else youre trying to say. If you feel you need to then put up a defence. Make a case as to why you're a villager. If you want to make people see you as a villager then take the vote off yourself and put it somewhere more useful and less gamethrow-y. Because throwing the game and saying "now i can say i told you so" isnt helpful, is unsportsmanlike. and honestly? It doesnt make me want to play with you.

You asked those questions in the first two rounds. Want to talk about what you got out of the answers? I can tell you my thoughts. 

Tl;dr- your AtE isnt going to work on me. I dont mean to be rude, and i dont know if its legit, but its not going to make me change my vote. Show me through your actions that youre village.

Edited by Illwei

10 hours ago, Illwei said:

You asked those questions in the first two rounds. Want to talk about what you got out of the answers? I can tell you my thoughts. 

Sure.

Spoiler

Elim win: Quinn

Agent win: Tani, will finish this later

From this^ (removed, summarized) Quinn seems the most sus, but why would any elim be caught dead saying the elims should win? Ikykikykikyk...

So I'd say maybe look at those who didn't respond first? But why would an elim want to draw attention to themselves like that, especially since I said I'd watch those who didn't respond?

Probably some would be found in the group who said agent. First because most are there, second because that seems like the "most vil answer."

Edited by Tani

Yeah im not clicking on that tani, if you could put it in a post i would, but I'm not going to click on that. For all i know you could have just shared the Elim doc if youre an Elim. Not saying i think you'd gamethrow that hard. But I just want to be on the safe side. 

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Yeah im not clicking on that tani, if you could put it in a post i would, but I'm not going to click on that. For all i know you could have just shared the Elim doc if youre an Elim. Not saying i think you'd gamethrow that hard. But I just want to be on the safe side. 

Sorry Ill go edit it out. Its just screenshots of answers, and you can go see those on your own easily enough.

Okay, GM stepping in: just want to remind players that sharing notes docs/powerpoints/spreadsheets is not allowed, even if it’s just screenshots. It’s perfectly okay to take those notes, but not to share them. In addition I’d like to remind everyone that this is a game. Yes we all get frustrated, but sometimes you need to take a step back and relax. While no one likes being accused of being a liar, this game is about lying and manipulation. And sometimes things don’t go our way, and that’s okay. It happens to all of us sometimes. 

Here's a reminder that there is only just over an hour left in the cycle. Remember to get your votes and actions in! @Illwei @Matrim's Dice @Gears @Random Bystander @Azmine_king @Tani @Devotary of Spontaneity @Experience @Sart @Szeth_Pancakes @|TJ| @Biplet @Quintessential    

Here's a vote count as well:

Tani (5): Illwei, Tani, Experience, Biplet, Quinn
Illwei (1): Szeth_Pancakes
Matrim's Dice (1): TJ

Okay. 

Tani

Ive spent the last hour trying to look through the last two cycoes, but im on mobile and still laying down, so...not the most effective, which is why it makes sense that ive got basically nowhere. Next cycle i want to look at how the votes progressed at EoD D2. 

Frankly though, we seem to have an amazing amount of inactives in this game. There were 5 votes less than 24 hours til the end of day. 

Illwei (1): Szeth
Exp (1): Matrim
Tani (1): Gears
Gears (1): Jondesu
Jondesu (1): TJ

this was the votecount. Im not softclearing anyone really, but... im softclearing everyone there :P. 

perhaps thats not really suspicious, but thats where im at right now lol.

this leaves

Bip, Mat, randby, az, devo, sart, Quinn, szeth.

i think thats it? 

I'm removing Quinn for now, and also szeth. Szeth for feeling villagery for tunneling but also providing a case on me, and Quinn because y'all want this investigator that cant even use her actions, so well just leave her be rn. 

Bip, Mat, Randby, Az, Devo, Sart.

im not looking at all at anything really in this. 

out of these people

Mat, Devo answered Tani's questions.

Sart, Bip, Az, Randby didnt. 

Eh so i could go multiple ways here. I could go for Devo or mat becayse maybe the elims are wanting to answer the questions to appear more towny, which was my first thought. I was also thinking that especially in the second question. Which devo and mat also answered. I think of the two, Mat has a more villagery answer. But I'm not about to say that I hardcore think one of Devo/Mat is and Elim. This is just QuickMath. :P. 

Sart, Az, Randby are our inactives. 

Randby

Edited by Illwei

8 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Sart, Az, Randby are our inactives. 

Alternatively: Azmine

Randby/Sart are usually somewhat inactive, from what I've seen. I assume Azmine isn't.

Sorry for not being active. I keep thinking this rollover is later than it actually appears. Anyway, it looks like we've got a runaway lynch train. I'm not thrilled by that. I've had a Village read on Tani, although I'll admit that's mostly from Cycle one. At this point, I want to vote on Matrim's Dice Something seems off with him. I'm going to do a deeper dive tonight, but that's where my vote is going today.

7 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Alternatively: Azmine

Randby/Sart are usually somewhat inactive, from what I've seen. I assume Azmine isn't.

I want to know if its irl stuff from @Azmine_king

But i know he's in school right now so he cant answer.

Randby has posted once, after i tagged her, because she didnt know the game had started. That was last cycle I think? Perhaps it was start of this one. Either way shes been more inactive and will probably continue to be more inactive. 

I'm keeping my vote where it is I think, because I have no other suspicions but I'm not gonna abstain from voting. Also, are we certain Quinn is still getting brigged every cycle? I'm hesitant to say she's an investigator with no ability

Edit: I bring this up bc I'm worried that the brig will get sabotaged and we'll lose people to it

Edited by Biplet

6 minutes ago, Biplet said:

I'm keeping my vote where it is I think, because I have no other suspicions but I'm not gonna abstain from voting. Also, are we certain Quinn is still getting brigged every cycle? I'm hesitant to say she's an investigator with no ability

Sure you dont wanna join me on randby? :P. I think tani both asking these questions and being up for the exe yesterday is enough for me to not want to kill her. Id much rather get rid of inactives who wont be much help when it gets down to Elo.

Getting brigged is functionall making Quinn a vanilla. So if she continues to get brigged then its kinda useless to brig her in the first place.

EDIT:

bips post prompted me to look over the rules and wow the brig should definitly not be used as a protect

Edited by Illwei