Long Game 74: You Want It Darker

Kasimir

2 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

quick train on Striker. I’d be interested in the person who put the third vote on him, but I’m on mobile and not going to check that right now. 

That was me. But as I told Mat in PMs, I decided to vote for Striker before I saw that other people had already.

2 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

That was me. But as I told Mat in PMs, I decided to vote for Striker before I saw that other people had already.

Fair enough. Like I said, I’ll look over votes again later on. 

Ah and on Coinshots killing. I think Striker’s suggestion is a valid way to play that role. My personal opinion is that kills should be used but in moderation. Use them as you have a genuine suspicion, not just because you want to use it. 

Well, let's get started shall we? Got a whole doc of stuff so that I don't forget a single thing :P

Spoiler

FFA.png.d9324c4a1ffad81e109890d377b5f01c.png

Grooooaaaaannn. I had to choose the perfect time to visit Tremredare.

Two murders in the one week he was here. This visit was supposed to be cheerful and fun, he would meet lots of lovely ladies of the Western Dominance, and maybe try his luck with them. Now the entire town was in panic mode.

He watched the crowd slowly disperse as the two coppers? Detectives? He didn’t know what they were, but he was very much interested in them. Wyl and Kast, they were called. They looked more than just colleagues to him. A friendship, the kind where you don’t have to speak to each other for over a year and yet reconnect as you’ve never left. Possibly brothers, but they seem to shy away from acknowledging how important one is to the other. Some of the best stories he’d heard were about male friendships, so he’d be very much interested in observing how this would develop. 

He watched as they parted ways, Wyl leaving towards Mayor Wilson’s place, and Kast staying back, presumably to get the investigation started. He contemplated joining and introducing himself to Kast, but thought the better of it.

Maybe now is not a good time. Old lad seems to have seen a ghost, it’s like he’s surrounded by dark clouds in overKast conditions. Got the whole gloomy aura going on. Ha! One day with me, and that’ll be gone. This cheery persona really tends to rub off on people.

He’d still have to figure out a way to sneak and follow them, and figure out a way to indulge in the investigation before they could do the whole “Sir, please. You’re a civilian” lecture.

He turned his attention to one of the houses as there was an old lady shouting her lungs out. 

Ah, Arenta! Who didn’t pay the rent this time? Do they not know not to anger her?

Oh might as well. Old women or young, everyone deserves to laugh once in a while.

He made his way across to Arenta’s house and stared up at her, who was still yelling at some poor soul.

“Hey Arenta! Now now, don’t be yelling at me, you know I’ve always paid my dues on time! I just came on to say you look lovely as ever. Do tell me one thing though. How is it fair that I have to pay my rent, and yet, you get to live rent-free in my mind?”

With that, he turned right around and started walking swiftly. He had no idea how she’d react and he hoped to be far away before she could register what he had said. Hopefully, she just chuckled, and that’d be it.

Haven't caught up with the thread yet, as I was thinking of cheesy lines writing this RP. Will let out my thoughts about it later when I'm not busy chasing the ladies. :P.

55 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Btw kinda unrelated, if anyone claims Vanilla Villager I will have no hesitation in killing you :P.

*sweats in Vanilla Village*
:P kidding (or am I :ph34r:

55 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I'm not doing a good enough job? ;-;

Well you could, if you correctly predict the night’s elim kill :P 

51 minutes ago, STINK said:

thats what people say when they eat your cake right?

AHAHAHAHA for suree 

50 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Isn't the vote-manip cancelling a passive attribute? Like, as long as the coppercloud is active, all vote manip is cancelled no matter who is in the coppercloud? Or does the smoker have to actually target the vote-manipers?

The only vote manip that would be ineffective is that which targets a player who has been smoked/is a smoker with the coppercloud on so all other vote manip would work just fine as long as it doesn’t target those specific players 

44 minutes ago, Flyingbooks said:
  • I don't have a firm stance on Striker because I'm confused by his first post, which felt on the very edge TWTBAW to me, though I am leaning a bit towards him being village
  • I'm not trying to plant suspicion against seekers at all. I never even said a single thing about the allignment of seekers. Maybe you're thinking of Smokers? In that case, I'm not suggesting that all Smokers are elims. I just think that we should assume that there's at least one elim smoker because it's better to be too cautious than careless

Oh my bad I definitely did mean smokers sorry xD

I understand what you’re saying in the first point, it’s just rubbing me the wrong way because an elim usually would hesitate to read someone village when there’s currently a train building up on em but now you say he seems village so hmm

Edited by _Stick_

4 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Well you could, if you correctly predict the night’s elim kill :P 

Me trying to predict it could be enough WIFOM for the Elims to potentially not even go there, though :P.

10 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I understand what you’re saying in the first point, it’s just rubbing me the wrong way because an elim usually would hesitate to read someone village when there’s currently a train building up on em but you say he seems village so hmm

So, "an elim wouldn't read him vil" + "you're reading him vil" = Vote? I don't completely follow.

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Me trying to predict it could be enough WIFOM for the Elims to potentially not even go there, though :P.

What's WIFOM? xD 

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

So, "an elim wouldn't read him vil" + "you're reading him vil" = Vote? I don't completely follow

Yeah it's more suspicious that they're now reading striker village imo because I had already pointed out how it was elimy for them to dance around a read. 

But in the spirit of not tunnelling, FlyingBooks

I'm still keeping an eye on you though haha

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

OH princess bride excellent 

Sorry right right I will refrain from using mafia slang here :P.

The day someone uses the term "LAMIST" here is the day I kill myself

EDIT: or "OMGUS"

Edited by Illwei

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

The day someone uses the term "LAMIST" here is the day I kill myself

EDIT: or "OMGUS"

Man, that omgus is pretty lamist amirite?

Spoiler

I have no idea what those mean in case you couldn’t tell.

3 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Hide contents

OMGUS = oh my god you suck. Basically it's when you vote on someone purely because they're voting on you.

LAMIST = look at me I'm so town. 

(sorry Illwei, now they know)

Edit: I'm dying because I just realized that the sentence you made with them actually makes sense XDDDDDD

Edited by Quintessential

2 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Hide contents

OMGUS: Overloaded Megafauna Grow Unimaginable Sassafrass

LAMIST: Llamas And Meandering Islands Stay Tomorrow

(I have no idea what those mean either)

While on the the way back home, Fleur stumbles on a weird looking guy, who got kinda skittish when he got close to him. Merrick, yeah that's right. That was his name. Something odd about him. Situation felt kinda awkward with them just standing there, not saying a thing, so he felt he'd break ice with a joke.

"Hey there, Merrick. You...you must be a kandra, because I kan(t)draw my eyes away from you, ha!" 

Fleur didn't even have time to blink as Merrick sprinted away as quickly as his legs could take him. "Huh, wonder what it was I said that was wrong"

Guys I have a really important question.

It's about Stink's Name. his RP name.

Please PM me if you don't know what the question is. it is of upmost importance :P.

(Clarifying that "upmost importance" is subjective and...idk, other things here :P)

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

A trend of voting Gears D1 for NAI stuff. Happens every game.

I mean...it can't be every game, can it? :P

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

What I don't want to repeat is my immediate misexe :P 

And that.

What's that?

3 hours ago, Flyingbooks said:

I'm not trying to plant suspicion against seekers at all. I never even said a single thing about the allignment of seekers. Maybe you're thinking of Smokers? In that case, I'm not suggesting that all Smokers are elims. I just think that we should assume that there's at least one elim smoker because it's better to be too cautious than careless

People have probably already said this by not, but I'll say it anyway: role analysis is not a good idea. Kas is a relatively troll-y GM. He could've given the village a bunch of Smokers. Or given them all to the elims. Or there are no Smokers at all. A lot of the old timers talk about a game where they went after all of the Smokers/Soothers (can't remember which one it was) because the village assumed at least one of them must've been an elim. None of them were. So, knowing Kas is from that era, I feel like that is something he would be down for doing. Now, obviously I'm not going to assume he did. But making the assumption that he didn't do it either is a bad idea.

Just a touch of copper. That's what I need.

Wait. No. Zinc. That's right. Mostly copper, a little zinc. 

The heat from the fire feels good. Maybe I could just grab the crucible.

Ow. Bad idea.

I grab the tongs instead and remove the container holding bright red melted metal. The wrong metal.

Maybe? Or is it right?

I'll have to taste it to know.

But wait. Taste only when it's cool.

Edited by Elandera

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean...it can't be every game, can it? :P

Honestly? It basically is every game at this point.

Stuff:

Current VC in case anyone was curious:

Reading (1): Araris
Gears (1): Striker
Striker (2): Pyro, Matrim
Stick (1): Illwei
Illwei (1): Quinn
Quinn (1): Dannex

My current reads of the people who've posted (not any any particular order within a category--so, just because I list Dannex above Pyro in mild village doesn't mean I think Dannex is more village than Pyro, for example):

Matrim: village for the sort-of-mindmeld thing with Striker (I read Striker's post, thought it sus, and then continued and realized that Matrim and Pyro had seen it too) as well as for his elim read of me, curiously enough XD because village!Matrim has a history of misreading village!me over little stuff like D1 votes and D1 fake-claims and D1... well, basically everything in D1 lol. 
Dannex: mild village for his response to my (fake) elim!Rioter claim. That felt like village!Dannex to me--I can remember him bringing up that specific thing in previous games when he was village. 
Pyro: mild village for the sort-of-mindmeld thing with Striker (only mild because unlike with Mat I have no meta to go off of for Pyro)
Striker: null village. Yes, I know I voted him, and I still think his post was odd (shouldn't he know by now how D1!Gears operates?) but I also think his responses to the votes on him seemed villagery, and tbh Stick and Books are... probably right that elim!Striker might have been more careful with what he said? Yeah.
Books: null elim for pure hard gut and I have no idea why. Just... feels elim. dunno, you can just ignore this one I think XD it'll probably change.
Illwei: mild elim for gut and for following some of the same... I guess I'd call them patterns? That she had in the only other elim game I played with her, but not in most of the village games I've played with her (take this with a grain of salt, though, because the elim game was the most recent one so it's fresher in my mind than all the others). Examples of this: joking about me being elim (which is the first thing I noticed, and what I voted her for), voting me and then unvoting me and voting someone else in the same post (which I probably only noticed because it was me both this game and last game, but I don't think I've ever seen e!her (edit: v!her, mistype oof) do that), more or less ignoring the major discussion going on (Striker/Mat), and so on.
Stick, Araris, Gears, TJ, Reading, STINK, Random Bystander, Maill, Elan: null
All 13 other players haven't posted yet, so there's no way I could have a read on them in the first place.

So yeah, that's a thing I put together. Enjoy? oof

Edited by Quintessential