Long Game 74: You Want It Darker

Kasimir

58 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

What's that?

Oh I do the thing where I reply in paragraphs corresponding to the paragraphs in the quote, so ‘that’ is whatever your second paragraph was in the section I quoted. I don’t remember exactly what it was :ph34r: 

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Oh I do the thing where I reply in paragraphs corresponding to the paragraphs in the quote, so ‘that’ is whatever your second paragraph was in the section I quoted. I don’t remember exactly what it was :ph34r: 

I do; it was you conceding that this is the second time you and Striker have gotten into a D1 argument, and the last time it didn't work out so great for either of you.

@Quintessential There's not much point in trying to get a meta read on me. I tend to switch things up depending on the setup of the particular game.

The only real thing to keep in mind is that people tend to be wrong about me more often then they're right, so if I'm vaguely suspicious but have been avoiding an interrogation, I'm probably village, and if I've been consensus village since D2, there's a 50/50 chance I'm spiked.

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

The only real thing to keep in mind is that people tend to be wrong about me more often then they're right, so if I'm vaguely suspicious but have been avoiding an interrogation, I'm probably village, and if I've been consensus village since D2, there's a 50/50 chance I'm spiked.

why does that entire post sound like something I would say

Going back and looking at the voting patterns so far (I know it's day one and probably random, but still), I think I'm going to go with Illwei for now. Maybe it's a more typical Illwei thing to do, but the vote on Quinn then the retraction and vote on Stick was...interesting to me as well as her back and forth with Quinn. 

We also haven't seen @Fifth Scholar @Ventyl or @Burnt Spaghetti and I know they're usually more active. I'd consider a poke vote on them later on potentially as well. And @Daisy and @Tani, I know it's your first game, but any thoughts so far?

1 minute ago, Mailliw73 said:

Going back and looking at the voting patterns so far (I know it's day one and probably random, but still), I think I'm going to go with Illwei for now. Maybe it's a more typical Illwei thing to do, but the vote on Quinn then the retraction and vote on Stick was...interesting to me as well as her back and forth with Quinn. 

We also haven't seen @Fifth Scholar @Ventyl or @Burnt Spaghetti and I know they're usually more active. I'd consider a poke vote on them later on potentially as well. And @Daisy and @Tani, I know it's your first game, but any thoughts so far?

Thanks for remembering me.

I have a mild suspicion on Striker, but I've gotten that pretty much every game, including the one where I was an Elim. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Thanks for remembering me.

I have a mild suspicion on Striker, but I've gotten that pretty much every game, including the one where I was an Elim. 

Hey, I only tagged a couple people. :P I think you've played before too. I only tagged players that I was sure it was their first game and players that I've played with before. 

Edited by Mailliw73

7 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Great now I'm reading Maill mild elim too... this post basically... like... : P idk but A. it feels off to me--like, it feels kind of like Books voting Gears in C5 of the MR. My reasons for voting Illwei are more or less exclusive to me? if that makes sense? and Maill just adopting them without at least explicitly mentioning that they were originally mine feels weird. 

Also (edit: this was supposed to be "And B." in case that wasn't clear : P) this plus the fact that Maill is actually talking to me in PMs makes me feel like he's trying to pocket meeee XDDDDDDD

Edited by Quintessential

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Great now I'm reading Maill mild elim too... this post basically... like... : P idk but A. it feels off to me--like, it feels kind of like Books voting Gears in C5 of the MR. My reasons for voting Illwei are more or less exclusive to me? if that makes sense? and Maill just adopting them without at least explicitly mentioning that they were originally mine feels weird. 

Also (edit: this was supposed to be "And B." in case that wasn't clear : P) this plus the fact that Maill is actually talking to me in PMs makes me feel like he's trying to pocket meeee XDDDDDDD

Lol, I'm talking to at least half the players in PMs, it's kinda what I do. :P But on the other point, I honestly didn't go back and see what everyone's reasonings were for voting, I just looked at the votes and retractions themselves, thought Illwei's was strangest and placed my vote. I didn't realize yours was also on her until I checked your vote count right before I posted. 

2 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Lol, I'm talking to at least half the players in PMs, it's kinda what I do. :P But on the other point, I honestly didn't go back and see what everyone's reasonings were for voting, I just looked at the votes and retractions themselves, thought Illwei's was strangest and placed my vote. I didn't realize yours was also on her until I checked your vote count right before I posted. 

Ah. Okay. That. Makes sense. Sorry XD I'm a bit paranoid at times... my Rank is definitely well-deserved.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

:ph34r:

Anyway, Gears. Meant to do this earlier. I didn’t even realize that I’ve got a trend of voting him for D1. Also didn’t realize that the analysis thing would’ve been prewritten.

I think right now I’m looking at Quinn, Illwei, and Books in terms of suspicions so far. Not sure who I’m going to vote for yet, but we still have like 36 hours or something like that, so I’ve got time to decide.

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

I think right now I’m looking at Quinn, Illwei, and Books in terms of suspicions so far. Not sure who I’m going to vote for yet, but we still have like 36 hours or something like that, so I’ve got time to decide.

...reasons for the three of us?

3 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

...reasons for the three of us?

Illwei felt weird in that post where she votes on you then stick instead (might’ve been the other way around, not sure). You have just been giving me odd vibes so far. Nothing too bad, just keeping an eye on you. And Books because of the way they somewhat immediately backed off on me and stuff.

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Illwei felt weird in that post where she votes on you then stick instead (might’ve been the other way around, not sure). You have just been giving me odd vibes so far. Nothing too bad, just keeping an eye on you. And Books because of the way they somewhat immediately backed off on me and stuff.

Oh! That's why I was elim-reading Books XD in the midst of writing up my notes I'd forgotten why. Thank you for reminding me :) 

please don't vote me off because of vibes I'm rly tired of dying early as a villager because I give off weird vibes

Sara sighed.

She did that a lot. Felt like every day was a sigh. Grey skies and grey ash and grey moods in the tavern. At least the comfortable weight in her pocket wasn't grey. Coins did wonders for the mood, no matter the color. Her fear had been in vain; the murders and rumors didn't drive people away from the Steel Crow, but toward it instead. Hard to resist a decent pint and warm hearth when a cold body sat just outside only hours before.

Replace a pint, grab a coin, sigh a sigh. At least her regular paid well, poor fool. She'd stopped wonderin' where he got the money ages ago. Friendly enough for business, distant enough to not get involved. 

She dropped the coin into her pocket.

-0-

I have no idea what's going on! Feels like that's standard for the newbies, but heyo. At least Striker is here to remind me of the rules.

As for the game, suppose I gotta vote, yeah? But I've got time. Hopefully I can figure out what any of this means and who is suspicious... without any real evidence! Too bad everyone is suspicious of the one guy I actually know. 

2 minutes ago, Biplet said:

Too bad everyone is suspicious of the one guy I actually know. 

>:)

In other news, I'm still just fine with my vote...

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Hey, at least you're not planning to elim-kill the only person you actually know during your first game, right? which is something that I may or may not have been dumb enough to do

Wait, who was that?

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Wait, who was that?

I don't actually know anyone on the site irl, but Ash and I talked on Discord before I joined and he was the one who eventually convinced me too (edit: to, as in convinced me to join. I hate homophones XD)

Edited by Quintessential

9 minutes ago, Biplet said:

Too bad everyone is suspicious of the one guy I actually know.

It's okay, this always happens to me anyway. :P

At least people are starting to vote on other people now.

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

>:)

In other news, I'm still just fine with my vote...

Ouchie. :P

Also, here's an updated vote count:

Reading (1): Araris
Striker (2): Pyro, Matrim
Stick (1): Illwei
Illwei (2): Quinn, Mailliw
Quinn (1): Dannex

13 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

And Books because of the way they somewhat immediately backed off on me and stuff.

I was really confused about you for a while at first and I gradually formed an opinion over time. It might have looked like I was really suspicious of you because I was listing the reasons why your post felt wrong to me, but I eventually came to the conclusion that, even though it felt unvillagery, an elim would almost certainly not post that.

Spoiler
9 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Hi everyone! I'm here :P and I'm actually trying to RP consistently this game hah, like that's gonna happen. Gears' analysis and Reading's guess of team size seem reasonable to me--the AG had 27 players and 6 elims; so 6 seems pretty fair, and 7 wouldn't surprise me. 

Note that the AG also had 3 neutrals, so it's not a great comparison here, imo.

9 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Coinshots using their kills as often as possible. You might be wrong about someone, but even knowing that someone is village will give us information on other people.

I agree with this (maybe not "as often as possible", adding that instead of just going for who you find suspicious, looking at the thread and seeing what they think on them :P. I say this having come out of a game where the vig shot two extremely townie people because...because. :P.

8 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

It might be worth waiting for an alignment scan to come up Spiked

waht I said above- I mean, you don't want to wait and then die before you can actually do anything :P.

But also possibly a bit premature, but if that does happen, I'd say leave them for a coinshot to take care of at night, and continue voting like norma- wait we don't

we don't even know if there is a coinshot huh. Well if there is, and I assume we'll know by the time we get a result on a Spiked, and also this isn't really relevant much until we get there so-

well, uh, Coinshot, why don't you PM me ;) we can discuss more there :P.

8 hours ago, Quintessential said:

This just feels like an attempt to throw shade on someone to me

er, wouldn't call that shade really? Wasn't he directly voting gears? that's more of an accusation than shade.

8 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

Or, they could be implying that they are vanilla

I'd say limit speculation about people's roles in-thread. (just PM me instead :P.)

Yall can make the argument that "the elims probably figured this out already" but I-

I was just on an Elim team on MU with some top players

and there were 20 of us

and we didn't get a single role right. >>

8 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Ahhh the train has picked upppp and now I'm wondering about Quinn and trying to make sense of me elim-reading her every single game -__-

8 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Well, given that the last time you elim-read me I was the villager who guessed the entire elim team, and the time before that I was the villager that neutral!you ended up pocketing... really, it's when you vil-read me that you should be worried :P 

Idk why i had these quoted tbh

I've spent the past two hours playing 1v1v1v1 chess it's both the worst and best thing I've ever found :P.

I forgot to post these a bit ago so-

And yes the words are below the spoiler. Deal with it. I'm not moving the spoiler and the-

And I come back yet another hour later. And. I'm actually going to post it this time.

EDIT:

1) okay we're on page 5 i did not get notifs for new posts what

2) did not clarify that this was me actually reading- I was going to start this post with like "Well, I've been bored so I decided to actually go back and read the thread" but then I immediately got un-bored and distracted and- well- :P.

Edited by Illwei