1 hour ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Boyd looked up at the sky to look at the tear, and seeing that nothing had happened to her yet, she signaled to the other agent to move forward. The two choppers that were circling 600 yards away opened up their M230 chin mounted chain guns around the entity in order to get its attention. With this, Boyd and the other agent moved up quickly with their launchers primed to fire. They ran until they were only 80 yards or so away so as to not miss their shots; they stopped and took aim before firing their canisters towards the entity. Moments after the canisters were launched, they started leaking clouds of gases that exploded as they landed next to the entity, launching gas in every direction.

Rotcennoc instinctively jumped away as the agents fired, cursing mentally. The last thing he needed was-

Wham.

With a sudden jerk, his teleportation hit what could only be described as a wall. Stunned, Rotcennoc let go and popped back into reality... right into the gas.

He had time to utter one final curse before the gas knocked him out.

24 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"You said yours had dead bodies. While admirable, you can't expect anyone to live in that sort of environment."

"Water under the bridge," he said, waving his hand in dismissal. "I'm sure that they've been cleaned up already. Besides, I don't see yours having comfortable qualities, so I'm sure that people won't mind bodies, if they're still there."

1 minute ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Water under the bridge," he said, waving his hand in dismissal. "I'm sure that they've been cleaned up already. Besides, I don't see yours having comfortable qualities, so I'm sure that people won't mind bodies, if they're still there."

"If they'd give it half a chance, they'd see the 'comfortable qualities'."

It's more comfortable farther back in the cave complex.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Rotcennoc instinctively jumped away as the agents fired, cursing mentally. The last thing he needed was-

Wham.

With a sudden jerk, his teleportation hit what could only be described as a wall. Stunned, Rotcennoc let go and popped back into reality... right into the gas.

He had time to utter one final curse before the gas knocked him out.

Boyd ducked after she fired the canister, reaching for her com. "Anyone got a visual?"

One of the chopper pilots called over the com, "he's just gone, I can't se- I got a visual! Target is still standing. Wait a moment. The target is down, I repeat, the target is down!"

Boyd nodded, "message received, we'll move to engage."

The other agent shook his head, "what if he's faking it?"

Boyd strapped the launcher to her back before putting on a small gas mask and drawing her handgun, "then nothing we have will work, and we take it out."

The agent nodded, although he still looked concerned. With their sidearms ready and gas masks on, the two agents advanced to the entity's location to find the entity unconscious. Boyd stepped forward and nudged it with her toe before nodding. "Whatever it is, it's not responding." She took out her com again, "entity is down, get me command on the horn."

Boyd got an affirmative response before getting redirected to command, "command, this is Agent Boyd of the Doom Watchers. The entity is unconscious and in need of a pick-up. Requesting VTOL transport with high measures of security."

The nasally voice came from the com, "request acknowledged, VTOL en-route. Orders from Director K, do not allow the entity to regain consciousness, but keep it alive."

Boyd nodded, "orders received, awaiting pick-up."

Just as Boyd cut off the com, one of the attack choppers stopped almost overhead while the other proceeded to the first chopper's crash sight. Boyd sighed and turned her head to the other agent, "another day, another death defying mission."

He sniffed, "one fo these days death is gonna get tired of us finding ways to flake out from meeting him."

Boyd smiled under her mask, "I can't wait for what he has to say then."

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

"If they'd give it half a chance, they'd see the 'comfortable qualities'."

"Hmm, yes. I don't doubt that, considering that you actually followed through on bringing us to this wonderful cave of yours instead of killing us."

Also, on a completely unrelated note and take this with a grain of salt but this is kind of bothering me a bit because I'm all about dat grammar, but the period should be inside the quotes you made inside the quote up there rather than your quotes inside quotation marks. I could be wrong and it might be a personal preference, but take that with a grain of salt.

3 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Hmm, yes. I don't doubt that, considering that you actually followed through on bringing us to this wonderful cave of yours instead of killing us."

I believe it's a personal preference... but I could be wrong.

"Now, why would I kill you? Slaughter is useless unless it's for a cause. I see potential in this group... untapped potential."

Just now, Condensation said:

"Now, why would I kill you? Slaughter is useless unless it's for a cause. I see potential in this group... untapped potential."

"Mmm, yes, if you want to get nothing done that is."

I consulted Google and all it could say was that periods go inside the the quotation marks, but it said nothing about quotes within quotes.

4 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

I uh . . . I don't mean to take sides, but it's college standard.

So I mean, you could say that it's personal preference, but then you would get your essays marked with the lovely red pen.

All right. That's my bad. :)

Let's see... do both of you need to go on, or just Mystic? I'm not entirely sure...

3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Hello. Could I join this? I have a character that I made for the alleyverse, and I think she would work well here.

1 hour ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Although I'm not entirely sure how you should enter.

If you haven't started on the inside of the cave thingy yet, that might be a good place to drop in a character. (I'm still lurking here too and would like to add in my character)

2 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Cilliss was falling. She didn't know why she was falling, or where she was falling. She was not very happy about that. She wished she would have stayed home in Elendel. She sighed. After a few minutes, she saw something. Is that grass? Finally. She then fell on her face. It hurt. "Rust and Ruin!" She had fallen face-first outside a cave. Luckily, she still had everything she had brought from Elendel.

If your character has a beard, please let me know. She has a phobia of beards.

Rotcennoc came to his senses chained to a chair in the middle of a moderately sized room. He shook his head groggily and tried to make sense of his surroundings- quickly deducing that the only thing of interest in the room besides himself was the large mirror on one wall. He closed his eyes, reaching out through the Void- tentatively, carefully- to attempt to deduce what manner of place he found himself in.

25 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Rotcennoc came to his senses chained to a chair in the middle of a moderately sized room. He shook his head groggily and tried to make sense of his surroundings- quickly deducing that the only thing of interest in the room besides himself was the large mirror on one wall. He closed his eyes, reaching out through the Void- tentatively, carefully- to attempt to deduce what manner of place he found himself in.

Just as Rotcennoc had opened his eyes, a voice spoke through speakers located in corners of the ceiling. The voice sounded well articulated and fairly nasally when it spoke. "Entity 1-5-6-1, during your capture in the field it was reported that you understood and spoke english, is this true?"

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"Slaughter is extremely fun, especially when it leads to a massive army at your disposal!"

"Armies are a waste of time and resources," he said, waving his hand in the air. "Sometimes they don't follow your orders. It's better to just do things by yourself."

4 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Armies are a waste of time and resources," he said, waving his hand in the air. "Sometimes they don't follow your orders. It's better to just do things by yourself."

"Don't follow orders? HAH! That's hilarious. Good joke, my friend." 

3 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Whatever you need to tell yourself," he said, shaking his head.

"You are limiting yourself with the thought of armies made of thinking men. My armies of undead do not need food, and they are perfectly loyal. They may not be the most skilled soldiers, but numbers can destroy any army, especially, when the dead of the enemy become their greatest weakness."

3 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"You are limiting yourself with the thought of armies made of thinking men. My armies of undead do not need food, and they are perfectly loyal. They may not be the most skilled soldiers, but numbers can destroy any army, especially, when the dead of the enemy become their greatest weakness."

"Hmph." The man shook his head again, a mad grin slowly tugging at the corners of his lips. "I still see them as a hindrance. Best to work alone."

4 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Hmph." The man shook his head again, a mad grin slowly tugging at the corners of his lips. "I still see them as a hindrance. Best to work alone."

"Oh? What do you prefer, then? Infiltration? Assassination? Robbery? All can be aided with an army. A little siege provides chaos and an enemy to polarize people and politicians."