4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Yes," replied Rotcennoc. "Who are you? And what are you keeping in those cells?"

"We are the O-N-A Foundation, and what's in those cells are not your concern at this moment. Do yourself a favor and pray that you never meet what's in those cells." The sound of paper rustling came over the speaker, "entity 15-61, do you have a name that you call yourself?"

Cilliss was wearing her roughs clothing. She grabbed a couple vials of chromium, and put them into little slots on her belt that had been specially made for that purpose. She had claimed a room for herself, and no one had tried to share the room with her. It was nice to have privacy. I really need to find someone who has access to a source of investure. I need to see if my allomancy still works. She sighed. I wish I was a Rioter or Soother. That would make life so much easier.

23 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"We are the O-N-A Foundation, and what's in those cells are not your concern at this moment. Do yourself a favor and pray that you never meet what's in those cells." The sound of paper rustling came over the speaker, "entity 15-61, do you have a name that you call yourself?"

Rotcennoc sighed. This had gone on long enough.

With a crack of darkness, he stepped into the void. Cautiously- wary of whatever had stopped him earlier- he shifted to above the surface.

On 2/5/2021 at 1:32 PM, Condensation said:

Concerto woke up and stretched, slowly shifting out of his cheetah form and into his usual one. It was time to go check on those... his lip curled. Those squatters.

"Greetings! As you might expect, there's been no sign of anyone since that new girl showed up last night."

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

"No idea. Hopefully they won't show up. Probably too much to ask for. Say, would you like something to eat?"

"Think again, kitty," the man said, walking around from the corner as he was wiping off his gun with a white cloth, it coming back with splotches of red. "Don't think that dealing with you has been paradise for me too."

1 minute ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Think again, kitty," the man said, walking around from the corner as he was wiping off his gun with a white cloth, it coming back with splotches of red. "Don't think that dealing with you has been paradise for me too."

"We were talking about the heroes, not you." Concerto rolled his eyes.

Just now, Condensation said:

"We were talking about the heroes, not you." Concerto rolled his eyes.

"Ah ah," he said, raising his handgun to inspect it. "That's where you're wrong. We are all heroes, in our own ways. We all have our motives, our flaws, and are strengths. It's what other people think that makes us into who we are. Because of their perspectives, they make us think that we're the 'villains' or the ones that are wrong. But alas, they haven't seen the world as we do and experienced what we have. I know you're not talking about me specifically, but don't put people under one identity because you only know one aspect about them."

Just now, Mystic Syn said:

"Ah ah," he said, raising his handgun to inspect it. "That's where you're wrong. We are all heroes, in our own ways. We all have our motives, our flaws, and are strengths. It's what other people think that makes us into who we are. Because of their perspectives, they make us think that we're the 'villains' or the ones that are wrong. But alas, they haven't seen the world as we do and experienced what we have. I know you're not talking about me specifically, but don't put people under one identity because you only know one aspect about them."

Concerto laughed. "Sure, sure. You can be a hero if you want to. Except... I think you're missing a couple of things. The overbearing positive personality, for one. And the giant group of supportive yet so gullible and useless friends."

1 minute ago, Mystic Syn said:

Sorry, got you mixed up with HoidWasTaken.

"Ah, but I KNOW I am evil! I just don't care!"

12 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Concerto laughed. "Sure, sure. You can be a hero if you want to. Except... I think you're missing a couple of things. The overbearing positive personality, for one. And the giant group of supportive yet so gullible and useless friends."

"You're falling for it too." The man grinned madly, wiping his gun again. "Being the 'hero' does not mean being all bubbly and believing that friendship alone will save you; rather, it's through hard and painful work that you do what you know to be the right thing to do. I won't deny that having some support on some things will help you with certain situations, but I have found that it's better to work alone so that your plans and goals can come to pass without having anyone ruining it."

He turned to Concerto, the mad grin still playing on his lips; although his eyes grew to be serious and perhaps cold. "I'm not the one missing anything. I have experienced what it's like to be the stereotypical hero, and frankly I didn't understand that what I knew to be right required hard work. You and others don't understand that you can be the hero of your story without having anyone else there to support you. I've learned that having people close to you makes you vulnerable to your enemy breaking you, so it's best to work alone so I don't get distracted. But because of the way that others are making you think about heroes, you're not seeing how you can change the world in your own way.

"Being the hero does not mean you have to have an overbearing positive personality or a group of supportive yet gullible friends; it's coming to the realization of what life really is and adapting to it's standards and what it gives you. Reality will always hit you smack dab in the face, and it's best to be prepared for it in your own way."

The man then laughed, looking at his now red cloth. "Not that you would understand, of course," he said, his mad smile growing a bit larger. "You have the mindset of everyone else, thinking that you need to always be optimistic with life. What you need to be is real with your situation, then do the thing that you know to be right. Once you've gotten past your stubbornness and the world's mindset, being the hero of your own story is easy."

19 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Ah, but I KNOW I am evil! I just don't care!"

Also, you're fine, lol. I needed to come back into this rp somehow anyways, lol.

The man considered what he said, then nodded. "Not caring is one way to cope," he said without explanation.

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

Concerto nodded placatingly. "Of course, of course. Now, I need breakfast."

Cilliss heard voices coming from the large cavern, so she walked out. I Think I should see if my allomancy works now. "Do any of you happen to use magic?" She had a glint in her eyes, and a slightly devious grin on her face. She fingered one of the vials of metal that hung at her belt. 

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Cilliss heard voices coming from the large cavern, so she walked out. I Think I should see if my allomancy works now. "Do any of you happen to use magic?" She had a glint in her eyes, and a slightly devious grin on her face. She fingered one of the vials of metal that hung at her belt. 

"Depends on what you count as magic," Concerto said with a conceited glance.

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Just now, Random Bystander said:

"Supernatural abilities of any kind."

The man glanced at the person who spoke, raising an eyebrow. "My dear," he said calmly, "magic are the things that aren't abled to be explained through scientific means. Abilities, on the other hand, are the things that make you into who you are."

11 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

The man glanced at the person who spoke, raising an eyebrow. "My dear," he said calmly, "magic are the things that aren't abled to be explained through scientific means. Abilities, on the other hand, are the things that make you into who you are."

"Ha! Magic, or as it is called on my world, investure, is often explainable by science."

9 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"So, for example, this?" Concerto shifted from his natural state to a cheetah, to a human, then back to his usual state.

"Exactly!" The glint in her eyes intensified. "Would you mind if I tried something while you're in that form?"