1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

She rolled her eyes. "I don't need this idiotic lecture on morals, or whatever this is. I stopped caring about 5 years ago." He is obviously both unsuccessful, and an idiot.

He looked up and studied her. He looked at everything about her, then started to laugh. The laugh turned crazed in a manner of seconds. He wiped the tears from his eyes, as he continued to laugh.

"You will care, when everything that you worked for starts to crumble before your eyes," he said through gritted teeth. "You will care when you're backed into a corner because you realize that there's nothing you can do. You will care when you find out that not only you were a failure, but that you have nowhere to go. Isn't that right? Why else would you have climbed the crime ladder at such a young age? People didn't care about you before, and they obviously don't care about you now. You may have them wrapped around your finger, but in due time they. Will. Crack. You may not care now, but you will care when you find yourself alone without an 'empire,' all because someone cracked.

"You may think of me as an idiot and unsuccessful, but I know my fair share of how people work when they are put in situations like these. I'm not showy, and I want to keep it that way. What I want doesn't matter to your little crimes about smuggling and all that Ko'ad forbidden crap. Little do you know," he said, looking up at her with the mad grin and laugh still playing. "That I can keep myself alive without your precious magic. I can form plans out of nothing, and still continue with them when someone has made it harder for me. You can keep to your psychological warfare and your smuggling, but there's more that you can do with those talents, besides hide away with your money."

7 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

He looked up and studied her. He looked at everything about her, then started to laugh. The laugh turned crazed in a manner of seconds. He wiped the tears from his eyes, as he continued to laugh.

"You will care, when everything that you worked for starts to crumble before your eyes," he said through gritted teeth. "You will care when you're backed into a corner because you realize that there's nothing you can do. You will care when you find out that not only you were a failure, but that you have nowhere to go. Isn't that right? Why else would you have climbed the crime ladder at such a young age? People didn't care about you before, and they obviously don't care about you now. You may have them wrapped around your finger, but in due time they. Will. Crack. You may not care now, but you will care when you find yourself alone without an 'empire,' all because someone cracked.

"You may think of me as an idiot and unsuccessful, but I know my fair share of how people work when they are put in situations like these. I'm not showy, and I want to keep it that way. What I want doesn't matter to your little crimes about smuggling and all that Ko'ad forbidden crap. Little do you know," he said, looking up at her with the mad grin and laugh still playing. "That I can keep myself alive without your precious magic. I can form plans out of nothing, and still continue with them when someone has made it harder for me. You can keep to your psychological warfare and your smuggling, but there's more that you can do with those talents, besides hide away with your money."

Can he read minds? The stuff in italics is what she is thinking.

"But wouldn't that be the fun part? Wouldn't rebuilding my empire, strengthening it, and making it more successful than the last be the most satisfying part?" She grinned. "Besides, I don't 'hide away with my money', I use it. Without that money, I would have never been able to learn about the existence of multiple worlds, perpendicularities, or the South Scadrians. I would have never been able to find out about the machine that transported me here. I would have never been able to attend university, and gotten my degree in psychology." 

23 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Rotcennoc sighed. This had gone on long enough.

With a crack of darkness, he stepped into the void. Cautiously- wary of whatever had stopped him earlier- he shifted to above the surface.

As Rotcennoc cracked out of existence on the monitor, Dr Stirling immediately began writing notes while speaking to his aid. "15-61 has breached containment! Get the facility on lockdown and find out where the devil he went!"

As one aid ran off to make the report, another came to check up on him as the sirens began to blare. Dr Stirling only gave him a moment's glance before shouting more orders, "get me Director K immediately, this is connected to the Burning Sky Incidents. We need that entity back in containment now!"

5 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"But wouldn't that be the fun part? Wouldn't rebuilding my empire, strengthening it, and making it more successful than the last be the most satisfying part?" She grinned. "Besides, I don't 'hide away with my money', I use it. Without that money, I would have never been able to learn about the existence of multiple worlds, perpendicularities, or the South Scadrians. I would have never been able to find out about the machine that transported me here. I would have never been able to attend university, and gotten my degree in psychology." 

"I swear, you're still going at it? It's all an illusion anyway. The only measure of power is how much you can make people believe you control them. After that, you do what you want with that. Whether it' s because of money, or power, or an old-fashioned gun to the head, people love to just fall over themselves to be controlled. Empires are just as temporary as money."  Alein walked out of the room he had slept in, shrugging on his coat. It changed colors a few times before settling on an emerald green.

9 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"I swear, you're still going at it? It's all an illusion anyway. The only measure of power is how much you can make people believe you control them. After that, you do what you want with that. Whether it' s because of money, or power, or an old-fashioned gun to the head, people love to just fall over themselves to be controlled. Empires are just as temporary as money."  Alein walked out of the room he had slept in, shrugging on his coat. It changed colors a few times before settling on an emerald green.

Jaxothe follows after him. "Tell me, my friend, have you heard of the Creed of Orcus?"

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

Concerto spun, crouching into a defensive pose. He didn't shift back to his natural state - safer for others to assume.

A small tear manifested itself slowly before his eyes. A patch of darkness, absolute in its emptiness, hungry in its expansion.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

A small tear manifested itself slowly before his eyes. A patch of darkness, absolute in its emptiness, hungry in its expansion.

Concerto growled. That thing wasn't natural. Motif surged. Get out get out get out! For once, Concerto agreed with him... but what about his secret lair? No - see it out. Motif cringed. Okay.

6 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

It's called reading people well. Pay attention, you might just learn something.

"Perhaps," he admitted with a shrug. "I wouldn't know, because I'm 'unsuccessful' and an 'idiot,' even though I don't care enough to build an empire off the backs of unreliable people. You can tell me what the Light you want about what you do with money, but my views won't change."

7 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Perhaps," he admitted with a shrug. "I wouldn't know, because I'm 'unsuccessful' and an 'idiot,' even though I don't care enough to build an empire off the backs of unreliable people. You can tell me what the Light you want about what you do with money, but my views won't change."

She grinned. "Well... I may have had some ulterior motives. There was a specific organization that I wanted to attract the attention of, and I thought that my sudden rise in notoriety among the criminal elite might just do that, as well as the fact that I kept my identity well hidden. I thought I could make them curious. Unfortunately, it didn't work fast enough. They are on Scadrial, and I am here."

The organization she is talking about is [Redacted]. Aren't you glad you now know? :P

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

She grinned. "Well... I may have had some ulterior motives. There was a specific organization that I wanted to attract the attention of, and I thought that my sudden rise in notoriety among the criminal elite might just do that, as well as the fact that I kept my identity well hidden. I thought I could make them curious. Unfortunately, it didn't work fast enough. They are on Scadrial, and I am here."

He nodded in respect. "That I will respect," he said, pocketing his handgun but keeping a firm grip on the bloodied cloth. "It kind of seems like a you problem that you're here and not on your home world, though."

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

The organization she is talking about is [Redacted]. Aren't you glad you now know?

I mean, if it makes you glad. I could care less, but if it makes you happy then it makes me happy.

Just now, Mystic Syn said:

He nodded in respect. "That I will respect," he said, pocketing his handgun but keeping a firm grip on the bloodied cloth. "It kind of seems like a you problem that you're here and not on your home world, though."

That was supposed to be a joke...

She rolled her eyes. "Of course it's my problem! Who else's problem would it be?" She grinned. "I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I am here." 

Just now, Random Bystander said:

She rolled her eyes. "Of course it's my problem! Who else's problem would it be?" She grinned. "I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I am here." 

My bad, lol. I'm tired rn, so I apologize for not getting it.

The man shrugged. "Guess we'll have to see now, don't we dear?" He brushed his stark white hair from his eyes. "After all, I found my way here and only Ko'ad knows why I'm here."

Just now, Mystic Syn said:

The man shrugged. "Guess we'll have to see now, don't we dear?" He brushed his stark white hair from his eyes. "After all, I found my way here and only Ko'ad knows why I'm here."

I didn't say it was a funny joke...

She frowned. What is a Ko'ad.. "Don't call me 'dear'." She said immediately. She hardly knew this creep.

She frowned. What is a Ko'ad.. "Don't call me 'dear'." She said immediately. She hardly knew this creep.

A joke is a joke, and therefore I have to find it at least amusing.

His mad grin returned as he gave a similar chuckle. "Whatever you say, dear."

1 minute ago, Mystic Syn said:

His mad grin returned as he gave a similar chuckle. "Whatever you say, dear."

She rolled her eyes. She then thought wistfully about the research she had been doing back home. She had learned of the existence of a third metallic art. She wished she could have used it to make her a soother.

She rolled her eyes. She then thought wistfully about the research she had been doing back home. She had learned of the existence of a third metallic art. She wished she could have used it to make her a soother.

"Rolling your eyes a hobby of yours or are you just tired of what I say?" he said, raising an eyebrow at her.

Just now, Random Bystander said:

"No. I just find it amusing that you're seemingly trying to provoke me." 

"Mmm." He grinned again. "Amusing is one word to put it. Other people that I've known has used different words, but 'amusing' wasn't one of them."