4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Concerto sheathed his claws and straightened. "You know, you don't have to come along. I doubt any of us would mind."

"Is that bitterness I hear?" he said in false sympathy. The man made a tsk sound. "Perhaps I said something that's put you off. Perhaps it's because of what I'm doing or what I'm wearing. Perhaps I remind you too much about something... maybe someone. Perhaps I remind you too much of yourself, though I doubt that. You're too hot-tempered to be me. So easy to put someone down because of what another said about their appearance."

He gave a laugh, madness dripping from his eyes. "Being unwelcome is not a new thing for me, kitty. I'm interested in this endeavor, no matter what kind of army that fellow has raised to do so. I'm only saying if you have a problem with me, say it and maybe. . ." The man cocked his head, the mad grin appearing. "We can figure it out together." 

1 minute ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Is that bitterness I hear?" he said in false sympathy. The man made a tsk sound. "Perhaps I said something that's put you off. Perhaps it's because of what I'm doing or what I'm wearing. Perhaps I remind you too much about something... maybe someone. Perhaps I remind you too much of yourself, though I doubt that. You're too hot-tempered to be me. So easy to put someone down because of what another said about their appearance."

He gave a laugh, madness dripping from his eyes. "Being unwelcome is not a new thing for me, kitty. I'm interested in this endeavor, no matter what kind of army that fellow has raised to do so. I'm only saying if you have a problem with me, say it and maybe. . ." The man cocked his head, the mad grin appearing. "We can figure it out together." 

Concerto sneered. "Yes, I have a problem with you. Why wouldn't I?"

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Concerto sneered. "Yes, I have a problem with you. Why wouldn't I?"

"No, no." He shook his head, smirking. "I understand that. Everyone has a problem with me, and I resolve their problems by either talking it out, or something that I do more frequently: execute justice on those that either see problems with me or stand in my way."

Madness shone in his dark hazel eyes. "You see, kitty, you're not the only one that went through some traumatic event that changed the course of your life. You're not the only one that has decided to be the hero. You're not the only one that see fault in me." His chuckled quickly turned into crazed laughter. "You'll either learn to deal with it or to face me about it. I'll gladly talk it out with you."

5 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"No, no." He shook his head, smirking. "I understand that. Everyone has a problem with me, and I resolve their problems by either talking it out, or something that I do more frequently: execute justice on those that either see problems with me or stand in my way."

Madness shone in his dark hazel eyes. "You see, kitty, you're not the only one that went through some traumatic event that changed the course of your life. You're not the only one that has decided to be the hero. You're not the only one that see fault in me." His chuckled quickly turned into crazed laughter. "You'll either learn to deal with it or to face me about it. I'll gladly talk it out with you."

Concerto shook his head. "No, I don't think that's necessary. If you just stay out of my way, we won't have any problem."

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Concerto shook his head. "No, I don't think that's necessary. If you just stay out of my way, we won't have any problem."

The man shook his own head. "Only if you stay out of mine, kitty. Would hate for you to be a part of the mess that seems to following me wherever I go."

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

"Aren't you the one who needs my hideout?"

He chuckled. "No." He gestured to the others. "They are the ones that need a hideout. I was merely offering the one I took over to them, but it appears that you already have that covered."

On 1/14/2021 at 11:29 AM, xinoehp512 said:

The man reaches the top of the stairs. His eyes fall on the pattern etched into the floor directly beneath a hole in the ceiling. With shaking hands, he pulls an orangish-red orb from his backpack and moves to place it in the center. He can feel the power pulsing in the orb, giving off a feeling of anticipation as it approaches the symbol. 

Just as the orb is an inch away from the stylized floor, something stops it in its tracks. A black knife, thrown from the hand of his opponent, carried by the wind the last few yards just in time to halt his goal before it could be accomplished.
He has just enough time for his heart to sink before a wall of wind slams him into the wall.
Miraculously, his grip on the orb remains firm even as the wind continues its relentless assault. He struggles to breathe, to move, to somehow fight the pressure holding him in place. A cold tingle races down his neck as his captor strides towards him. A few moments later, he hears her footsteps as she reaches out to pull the orb from his hands.
His mind is suddenly filled with a sense of deja vu as he recalls the first time he'd been pinned by the winds of his adversary. The day that had started it all. He'd failed then- but someone had been there to catch his mistake. There was no one to catch his mistake now.
Or... was there?
With one final act of desperation, the man reaches deep inside of himself and pulls on his bond with the orb in his hand.
And with a sigh of relief, the barrier breaks.

His pursuer is flung across the room as reddish-orange energy pulses from him.

The wind holding the man captive dissipates as the woman is blown across the room. Stunned by the blast, it takes her a moment to recover.

The man is already charging at the center pillar as she does, energy from the orb giving him speed. She pushes her winds against him, but it is too late. With a triumphant flash of light, the orb lands squarely on the rune in the center of the room.

In fury, she screams. She has failed. The orb is his- and, therefore, the universe is his to command. And not hers.

No. She cannot accept this. If she cannot have victory, then he cannot have it either!

With a scream of defiance, she summons her blade. But not a normal summoning. This time, she draws deep, pulling on the true form of her weapon, concentrating its destructive powers into one, final strike.

And then she stabs it into the middle of the rune.

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Nerve," Concerto muttered, turning away. "Fine. I'll just take care of you later."

"You can try. Others have tried that, my dear," he said, his grin almost in tune with the playfulness. "As you can clearly see, that didn't get them anywhere."

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

Jax looks on in glee as the two newcomers argue, before focusing on the cat when whe asks the question.
"Now, now. I need to actually know the conditions of these hideouts before we decide, yes?"

"I don't know, maybe you should take what you're offered?" Concerto snarled.

It was a good thing Kaesiel knew her fair share about madness, because only Exodus and maybe the illusionist seemed completely stable. Kaesiel found herself wishing for her old research team back, but they had been dead for millennia, so that wasn’t an option.

”So, Amal, where is this lair of yours?”

1 minute ago, JesterLavorre said:

It was a good thing Kaesiel knew her fair share about madness, because only Exodus and maybe the illusionist seemed completely stable. Kaesiel found herself wishing for her old research team back, but they had been dead for millennia, so that wasn’t an option.

”So, Amal, where is this lair of yours?”

Me realising I have no idea about the setting, then remembering that there's no specific place.

"In the forest."

4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Implements for carving metal or made out of metal? Certainly no chemistry equipment."

“For carving metal. I can use metal Insignials to manipulate the Notion Realm. Anyway, I suppose I’ll have to pick up some equipment on the way. This body will need further alterations to achieve the Attunements I require from it. Especially with this planet’s lower interaction with the Notion Realm.”