Quick Fix Game 49: Chaos in Newcago

Straw

7 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:

I disagree with the push to vote, I think Gears is once again getting sus for no/a bad reason. Illwei is pretty cleared die to the reasons pointed out by the above. I will vote for Vapor for inactivity reasons.

Wait. I don't see how Illwei is cleared. I assume you are talking about Archer's statement that he had thought Illwei/Quinn/Experience were involved in a scheme somehow. However, just because that particular scenario didn't appear to be true doesn't mean that Illwei is cleared. It just means they weren't working with Quinn.

That's a pretty large leap in logic to make, like you're anxious to try to make teammate!Illwei appear less suspicious. Somebody from Sel.

On top of that, why are you two, @Ookla the Paradoxical and Somebody voting for someone who will be removed/replaced? If they're going to die to the filter, let them die naturally. If they're going to be replaced, give the pinch-hitters a chance to actually say something. (Archer's I understand more, as it was stated as a poke/placeholder, but still.)

1 minute ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

2) They're using real grammar, possibly being more aware of themselves as an Elim. 

Not quite sure about the Legality of that type of meta things

That's true, Connie is usually pretty annoyed at Somebody for grammar reasons.

And what legality? I'm confused.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

That's true, Connie is usually pretty annoyed at Somebody for grammar reasons.

So how do you feel, looking at that SfS post? :P. 

The legality of using real-life things to decide allignments, like time spent on computer or something. I guess it's not like you're telling anyone you saw her on a doc, so like- idk I guess it's legal lol/ 

5 minutes ago, Elandera said:

That's a pretty large leap in logic to make, like you're anxious to try to make teammate!Illwei appear less suspicious

That relies on me being an Elim, Elandera. Would you like to vote on me instead? 

I've been getting strange vibed from Elandera, they seem different than the last game(s?) I was in with them, but at the same time they didn't really talk enough for me to notice anything. That's at least something I noticed. Activity isn't very AI though, so /shrug. 

I agree with not voting out people who might be replaced anyways, but it makes me lean e/e on Vapor/Elandera. I don't remember Vapor saying anything in regards to activity before the game started, so not sure how I feel on Vapor. 

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

She appreciates the correct grammar/spelling/capitalization/punctuation.

And that's not normal at all for SfS, no?

I was going to hold off and wait to see if anyone else pointed it out/if SfS kept doing it, but eh. it's a QF no reason to think that everyone is going to speak more than once :P. 

Just now, Ooklil' the Wei said:

And that's not normal at all for SfS, no?

I was going to hold off and wait to see if anyone else pointed it out/if SfS kept doing it, but eh. it's a QF no reason to think that everyone is going to speak more than once :P. 

No, it's not. And people should speak more than once if they don't want to get lynched! I hate inactives.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
19 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Wait. I don't see how Illwei is cleared. I assume you are talking about Archer's statement that he had thought Illwei/Quinn/Experience were involved in a scheme somehow. However, just because that particular scenario didn't appear to be true doesn't mean that Illwei is cleared. It just means they weren't working with Quinn.

That's a pretty large leap in logic to make, like you're anxious to try to make teammate!Illwei appear less suspicious. Somebody from Sel.

On top of that, why are you two, @Ookla the Paradoxical and Somebody voting for someone who will be removed/replaced? If they're going to die to the filter, let them die naturally. If they're going to be replaced, give the pinch-hitters a chance to actually say something. (Archer's I understand more, as it was stated as a poke/placeholder, but still.)

Not hard cleared, but mostly cleared, also, Illwei is acting like normal village, which generally means she is village.

Why did I vote a inactive person? Because, you will lynch me if I talk and don't vote.

Edit: I've been using better grammar since people have complained and I've been doing English class recently, look at my general posts on the Shard.

Edited by Somebody from Sel

3 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Not hard cleared, but mostly cleared, also, Illwei is acting like normal village, which generally means she is village.

Why did I vote a inactive person? Because, you will lynch me if I talk and don't vote.

Edit: I've been using better grammar since people have complained and I've been doing English class recently, look at my general posts on the Shard.

Okay, yeah. I'm satisfied with this, but might change depending on Elandera's Flip. I'd be find voting Vapor as well, but Elandera more so. 

Elandera

Edited by Ooklil' the Wei

7 minutes ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

That relies on me being an Elim, Elandera. Would you like to vote on me instead? 

The second half of the statement does rely on you being an elim, but the whole argument does not. I still find SfS's vote off and worth a vote against her, especially at this point in the cycle.

8 minutes ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

I've been getting strange vibed from Elandera, they seem different than the last game(s?) I was in with them, but at the same time they didn't really talk enough for me to notice anything. That's at least something I noticed.

Yes, this is generally different from how I usually play, but my brain is fried beyond reason, so a bit of chaos it is. Hopefully over the next cycle or two (when I get some sleep and time off) I'll start to make sense again.

Just now, Somebody from Sel said:

Archer might try, but I find talking without voting to be NAI. Lots of villagers will also wait until they have solid suspicions to start actually throwing down a vote. The biggest issue is listing suspicions and not voting on those suspicions.

Ok, Archer, that makes sense. I honestly didn't realize that the turn was ending then so I was just posting when the turn ended...

Right now Araris is most supsicous in my eyes, but that might be partly because they are voting on me.

Elandera is also striking me as odd, I feel like they might be trying to pocket me...

EDIT: Holey smokes!! A bunch of posts just appeared! *sigh* I also forgot to vote on Araris...

Edited by Ookla the Shadowed

11 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:

I haven't... oh, yeah. Right! I keep thinking of you as the 17th Shard symbol, but you've changed! That's right. My bad.

I've talked without voting and no one's said we should lynch me! I'm contributing, just in a different way. Discussion is just as powerful as voting.

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

I haven't... oh, yeah. Right! I keep thinking of you as the 17th Shard symbol, but you've changed! That's right. My bad.

I've talked without voting and no one's said we should lynch me! I'm contributing, just in a different way. Discussion is just as powerful as voting.

Well... voting is actually more powerful than discussion as it actually does something, but I see what you're saying.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Well... voting is actually more powerful than discussion as it actually does something, but I see what you're saying.

Voting only does something if you have discussion around that vote

1 minute ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

Voting only does something if you have discussion around that vote

Ya, I guess. So... are we just going to do the same thing as last time and just change votes around last minute? That might work best if only to make it more likely that elims investigate the person we lynch, though it's only helpful if we don't really have any suspiciouns which we do, so I guess probably not the best idea.

Also, @Straw, I just gotta say that I love the writeup. :P 

5fcec63e2dfdc_QFVotechartSEDayone.png.3d3919a00d78431983e846dcc28a450d.png

Here’s a breakdown of how the voting happened in Day One. Illwei and Elandera are responsible for the villager death. However, as explained in my previous post, I believe Illwei is clear because Quinn was not a Reckoner. If they had been one, I would have suspected a scheme to fix their accidentally both being on the chopping block.

I do not believe that a Reckoner would want to be caught casting the deciding vote this early in the game. There was no information to go on, so it would have been suspicious to hop on someone. For that reason, I believe Elandera is cleared as well. I may have to revisit that decision later though. It might have just been a misplay, but I will assume for now the Reckoners are cleverer than to call attention to themselves on Day One. Experience causing drama right at the end also makes them less suspicious to me for the same reason.

Everyone who didn’t vote is suspicious.  That includes the four people who got warned, but also Gears interestingly. They didn’t defensively vote even when they had two votes against them. I’m not sure how to read that. Condensation is another talker who didn’t vote.

Araris, Elandera, Joe, TJ Shade, Liranil all acted pretty uncontroversial, which is the most suspicious to me because that’s how I’d play it if I were elim. I’d guess that two of them are elims and the other is one of the people who got didn’t vote. Out of the five, Liranil seems the most trustworthy and TJ Shade strikes me as the most likely elim contender.  

49 minutes ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

Not quite sure about the Legality of that type of meta things

37 minutes ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

The legality of using real-life things to decide allignments, like time spent on computer or something. I guess it's not like you're telling anyone you saw her on a doc, so like- idk I guess it's legal lol/ 

This specific example is technically fine since Vapor's Shard activity is publically available, but yes, see this rule:

Don’t use your real life relationship with another player in any way to convince other players of a person’s honesty or alignment. If you know your sibling is an eliminator because you saw them in a doc, don’t tell other players what you saw. This goes for any game-related knowledge you may have due to your real life relationship with that person. Do not share it. The lack of information is part of the game.

As a note, the doc thing is just an example. The rule covers more than that.

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Paradoxical said:

Everyone who didn’t vote is suspicious.  That includes the four people who got warned, but also Gears interestingly. They didn’t defensively vote even when they had two votes against them. I’m not sure how to read that. Condensation is another talker who didn’t vote.

Yes, I talk a lot but don't often take action unless it's necessary. If I need to start voting, I guess I can probably find someone who seems somewhat suspicious? Oh, I definitely prefer LGs.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Paradoxical said:

everyone who didn’t vote is suspicious.  That includes the four people who got warned, but also Gears interestingly. They didn’t defensively vote even when they had two votes against them. I’m not sure how to read that. Condensation is another talker who didn’t vote.

Gears and Connie not voting D1 isn't exactly AI for them I feel. Both have expressed dislike in the D1 vote before. 

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Paradoxical said:

do not believe that a Reckoner would want to be caught casting the deciding vote this early in the game. There was no information to go on, so it would have been suspicious to hop on someone. For that reason, I believe Elandera is cleared as well.

I disagree with this. The fact that there is no information to go on is a great excuse for a Reckoner to vote without it meaning much in regards to alignment.

I'm not really suspicious enough of anyone to feel confident in a vote right now. I'm still a little sus of Elandera from last round and for jumping on so quickly on Illwei this round, so I'll vote her for now, but that might change. Somebody also seems a little sus to me. 

I'm also kind of suspicious of Archer, not enough to vote that way though. 

7 minutes ago, Liranil said:

I'm also kind of suspicious of Archer, not enough to vote that way though. 

My only thing is we'll never know if Archer was trying to intentionally mislead us with bad maths or if he was just wrong and that is getting to me. 

I was writing a post at the end of last cycle, but I was pulled away by "family obligations" and "music lessons", so I didn't finish it. If it weren't for all the ninjas, maybe I could have completed it, but alas, 'twas not meant to be. I have put it in the spoiler and recoloured the vote orange to lessen confusion.

Spoiler
43 minutes ago, Ookla the Shadowed said:

I'm going to vote on gears and do so whenever they claim elim (unless I have a better suspicion) because if it becomes safe to claim elim then that just hurts the village. @Gears

I have been doing this for many, many games [since MR44, I believe]. I am trying to escape this strategy, but I acknowledge that changing strategies invokes suspicion, so I am easing the general populace into it. You are welcome to vote me if you want.

Mathematics based on both elims and murder pool: C1: 3/15, C2: 4/14, C3: 5/13, C4: 6/12, etc. 

Question: In QFs, do people always vote for no reason whatsoever with no discussion at all? I don't remember this last time.

[Also, Archer, Araris, ninjas are not appreciated]

An analysis of the cycle thus far

1. Illwei: Votes TJ
  2. Archer: RP
  3. Illwei: Banter
  4. Quinn: Reads Illwei village for chaos
  5. Araris: Votes Joe
  6. Liranil: RP
  7. Araris: RP discussion
  8. Illwei: Votes Quinn for hedginess
  9. Quinn: Votes Illwei for not recognising doubt.
  10. Condensation: Exist
  11. Quinn: Okay
  12. Condensation: Okay
  13. Gears: Analysis, RP
  14. Quinn: Lynch murder pool, delay LyLo
  15. Illwei: Unlikely
  16. Archer: Votes Gears for elim claim. Bad maths.
  17. Illwei: QF = casual
  18. Books: Bad math is bad. 
  19. Great and Mighty Game Master: Stay out of our game!
  20. Elandera: Votes Araris
  21. Condensation: ???
  22. Archer: Yes, bad math.
  23. Illwei: Murder is not concurrent
  24. Liranil: LyLo?
  25. Araris: LyLo.
  26. Archer: LyLo -> Dictionary
  27. Liranil: LyLo!
  28. Joe: Votes Liranil for posting without voting
  29. TJ Shade: Votes Illwei for differing game strategies.
  30. Joe: Fixed list.
  31. Quinn: Illwei is weird.
  32. Illwei: Quinn thinking village!Illwei is strange.
  33. Quinn: Minds change.
  34. TJ Shade: ???
  35. Liranil: Votes Elandera for voting after people mentioned attention on those who don't.
  36. Illwei: We know nothing.
  37. Elandera: Quinn pocket Illwei?
  38. Quinn: Retracts Illwei to not prolong the inevitable.
  39. Experience: Votes elim since elim claims hurt the village
  40. Quinn: How?
  41. Elandera: Survival.
  42. Quinn. Okay?
  43. Archer: Votes Experience because they suspect a potential scheme.
  44. Araris: Votes Experience. Gears =/= outed elim. Gears = Troll. 
  45. Archer: Switches to Somebody. 
  46. Experience: Vo

Archer just switched votes after Araris voted along with them. Why? 

I think that Archer has explained their reasoning to a satisfactory degree, so I'll abandon that thread for now. I don't remember Somebody's syntax well enough to note a shift, but I'd assume that an elim would avoid making an active change. Elandera voted Quinn for trusting Illwei. Considering that the lynch was tied at the time, this could have been a way to save elim teammates that were part of a tie. This is a stretch at best, but it seems that I will be attacked if I do not vote, which annoys me. 

4 minutes ago, Gears said:

Elandera voted Quinn for trusting Illwei. Considering that the lynch was tied at the time, this could have been a way to save elim teammates that were part of a tie. This is a stretch at best, but it seems that I will be attacked if I do not vote, which annoys me. 

You won't be attacked for not voting, but Archer just find it suspicious. 

I don't quite follow your reasoning here, can you explain it a bit more? You find elandera suspicious for...what exactly?

2 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:

I disagree with the push to vote, I think Gears is once again getting sus for no/a bad reason. Illwei is pretty cleared die to the reasons pointed out by the above. I will vote for Vapor for inactivity reasons.

Sorry, I wasn't allowed to get on on Sunday, and Connie shouldn't have.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

What the pocket was that? Holy cow, Connie needs to get on more. This moves fast, she can't be spending all of our time in Shinovar! So Vapor has been on the computer a good bit, so I guess I kind of find that suspicious? She's not even in Shinovar, she's a stand-in! @Vapor, explain yourself!

Yes, Fritz uses the word pocket as a curse word. Disregard it.

Vanessa strolled up to Fritz casually. "I couldn't quite make it until now. I hope you don't mind."