5 hours ago, Ookla the Debonair said:

Guys.

I'm going to be really serious for a second and give an important PSA.

Rating someone based on their looks, even yourself, isn't cool. It kinda implies that your whole worth can be reduced to one magical number which just isn't true. And everyone single one of you is unique and beautiful in your own way, and it's not fair to judge yourself like that. And this all is totally subjective, so it's much more important to focus on the wonderful personality that each of you has.

And I know that this wasn't too serious or anything and I might be blowing this out of proportion but the fact is, each one of you is much more than any number from 1-10 and putting yourself as a number isn't the healthiest thing in the world. Also, eating meals is vital for your physical and mental health.

Anyway, @Ookla the Quark@Ookla the Ta'veren, @Ookla the Obstinate, @Ookla the Unknowing, @Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff, and @InfiniteInsanity each one of you is beautiful. I've interacted with each one of you and I can personally attest that you all are much more than a number.

Sorry if this comes across in the wrong way--I just wanted to share this message because I think it's important for everyone to understand.

This. So true and so easy to forget. Thank you.

Essays for me are just:

1) crappy outline

2) slightly less crappy rough draft

3) depending on occasion, change things (or not)

4) turn in words that may or may not make sense to reader

it got me thru a philosophy course that I had to take for teaching certification stuff, so it works sometimes

Edited by Cash67

16 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Speaking of LA and stuff, is it just me or do LA teachers waaaay overemphasize figurative language and sensory details?

Yes. They do. At least in my experience.

Edited by Potato's Wit
Capitalized t. Oops.

41 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Yes but they only want it a certain way. 

That's what they want you to think - they give pointed examples so that students will better be able to understand those, but if you really want good grades, you reach out for something less studied and focus on that :D At least, that's been my experience.

7 hours ago, Potato's Wit said:

Aww... why are you guys hating on essays? If you can't choose the subject & you have to write it in a specific way then, yea, they suck, but otherwise they're fun! Ish! :P

I AGREE. FANTASY WRITING IS SO FUN. AND SO IS FURIOUSLY PUTTING MANY EMOTIONS INTO AN ESSAY ABOUT BIOETHICS.