Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Cuz they’re boys. For some reason I particularly worry about how I’m seen by boys. I don’t care as long as they don’t think I’m being weird. Insane is fine, weird is not.

See above. 

What's wrong with weird?

Cuz they’re boys. For some reason I particularly worry about how I’m seen by boys. I don’t care as long as they don’t think I’m being weird. Insane is fine, weird is not.

See above. 

Oh yes you do have to careful with the weirdness. We're kind of stupid that way.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

What's wrong with weird?

Just now, That1Cellist said:

Oh yes you do have to careful with the weirdness. We're kind of stupid that way.

Weird is fine. I worry if they think ‘does she want to be friends or does she have other motives?’

News flash: nope. No thank you. 

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Weird is fine. I worry if they think ‘does she want to be friends or does she have other motives?’

News flash: nope. No thank you. 

Yes you have to be careful. But the thing is if you talk to us our little idiot brains will be spinning in circles trying to figure it out for a very long time.

Edited by That1Cellist

3 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Yes you have to be careful. But the thing is if you talk to us our little idiot brains will be spinning in circles trying to figure it out for a very long time.

They do?

Maybe I'm not a good person to be involved in this conversation.

8 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

I protest the use of the word ‘idiot’.

7 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I second this protest.

I am an idiot and you cannot convince me otherwise. See my long post earlier for more things that I think about myself.

Plus, you are probably spinning their poor heads around. Make certain you make your intent perfectly clear so they understand. If you're capable of such a thing. Put them out of their misery, so to speak.

6 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

They do?

Maybe I'm not a good person to be involved in this conversation.

I am absolutely in no way qualified. I just know that typically, girls talking to boys results in major confusion from the boy. In my experience we're a little too vulnerable to being complemented. It's a thing we don't get a whole lot, in my experience. Even if there is no complementing going on, it's still confusing to us, I think. Honestly most of this paragraph (If you can call it that) is based on observation.

Edited by That1Cellist

1 minute ago, That1Cellist said:

I am an idiot and you cannot convince me otherwise. See my long post earlier for more things that I think about myself.

Plus, you are probably spinning their poor heads around. Make certain you make your intent perfectly clear so they understand. If you're capable of such a thing. Put them out of their misery, so to speak.

No I am absolutely in no way qualified. I just know that typically, girls talking to boys results in major confusion from the boy. In my experience we're a little too vulnerable to being complemented. It's a thing we don't get a whole lot, in my experience. Even if there is no complementing going on, it's still confusing to us, I think. Honestly most of this paragraph (If you can call it that) is based on observation.

It’s funny. You say you’re an idiot like TAAron says he’s useless. The interesting thing is that NEITHER OF YOU IS RIGHT. WHEN WILL YOU BOTH GET THAT INTO YOUR HEADS.

3 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

No I am absolutely in no way qualified. I just know that typically, girls talking to boys results in major confusion from the boy. In my experience we're a little too vulnerable to being complemented. It's a thing we don't get a whole lot, in my experience. Even if there is no complementing going on, it's still confusing to us, I think. Honestly most of this paragraph (If you can call it that) is based on observation.

I don't know, man. I had a friendly conversation with a group of girls for like and hour over a game of mega Jenga, and I didn't care. Not that there's anything wrong with it if you do care, I think I'm the weird one here. Hence my lack of qualification.

Also haha @The Halcyon Girl. Look, he's got to have some character flaws.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I don't know, man. I had a friendly conversation with a group of girls for like and hour over a game of mega Jenga, and I didn't care. Not that there's anything wrong with it if you do care, I think I'm the weird one here. Hence my lack of qualification.

Hmm. It's possible I'm the odd one.

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

It’s funny. You say you’re an idiot like TAAron says he’s useless. The interesting thing is that NEITHER OF YOU IS RIGHT. WHEN WILL YOU BOTH GET THAT INTO YOUR HEADS.

Luckily for you, I'm also pretty useless. I'm too stupid to get that into my head.

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Also haha @The Halcyon Girl. Look, he's got to have some character flaws.

I know. It’s a good one. But for purposes of the convo.

Luckily for you, I'm also pretty useless. I'm too stupid to get that into my head.

*facescuddingpalm*

2 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Sir we are going to surround you with friends this weekend and you are going to learn that your are not stupid nor useless.

Who had the idea to mess a bit with Dominion? You did.

You have ideas, you are a person and your are not worthless or stupid.

Now I just feel more like an idiot, you realize. Making people annoyed is not something people who aren't useless do.

SEE? HAHAHA! PROOF! ALL THE BEST PEOPLE ARE ANNOYING. 

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Sir we are going to surround you with friends this weekend and you are going to learn that your are not stupid nor useless.

YEP. SEE? I may not know what this means but he’s right!

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Actually, that was mostly my brother's idea.

Unfortunately or realistic, depending on how you look at it, my self-esteem is quite low, as I am sure absolutely none of you have noticed. It being low does not mean it is incorrect, however.

SEE? HAHAHA! PROOF! ALL THE BEST PEOPLE ARE ANNOYING. 

YEP. SEE? I may not know what this means but he’s right!

I would really rather not be useless. Unfortunately, it's a little bit late for that.

*facescuddingpalm*

Based on this and the post in tCoJCoLDS (is that abbreviation allowed?) thread, I have determined that you have a habit of inserting the word "scudding" into compound words.

In my experience, conversations with girls greatly depend on the girls. Insanity and Ranryu can easily attest that I hold perfectly normal conversations with them on a basically daily basis. (Perfectly normal by our standards. All those normal non Sanderfan people are baffled by us.) There are other girls in the ward that I can usually talk to normally without a problem.

But the "normal" girls? They're just weird. Like, your standard high school girl (you should know what I'm talking about) is someone that I cannot hope to interact with on a normal level.

But frankly that's also the case for standard high school boys. So it depends so much more on the personality than it does the gender. At least in my experience.

4 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Now I just feel more like an idiot, you realize. Making people annoyed is not something people who aren't useless do.

Cellist, you are an interesting, wonderful, intelligent, eternal being who has potential beyond what any of us can comprehend and value above that of anything we can imagine.

Just thought you should know.

Actually, that was mostly my brother's idea.

Unfortunately or realistic, depending on how you look at it, my self-esteem is quite low, as I am sure absolutely none of you have noticed. It being low does not mean it is incorrect, however.

I would really rather not be useless. Unfortunately, it's a little bit late for that.

You’re not. I promise. 

Incidentally, have you had a patriarchal blessing?

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Based on this and the post in tCoJCoLDS (is that abbreviation allowed?) thread, I have determined that you have a habit of inserting the word "scudding" into compound words.

Yes, yes I do. Thank you for noticing.

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

In my experience, conversations with girls greatly depend on the girls. Insanity and Ranryu can easily attest that I hold perfectly normal conversations with them on a basically daily basis. (Perfectly normal by our standards. All those normal non Sanderfan people are baffled by us.) There are other girls in the ward that I can usually talk to normally without a problem.

But the "normal" girls? They're just weird. Like, your standard high school girl (you should know what I'm talking about) is someone that I cannot hope to interact with on a normal level.

But frankly that's also the case for standard high school boys. So it depends so much more on the personality than it does the gender. At least in my experience.

Cellist, you are an interesting, wonderful, intelligent, eternal being who has potential beyond what any of us can comprehend and value above that of anything we can imagine.

Just thought you should know.

Hmm. I agree and disagree with the above statement about girls. I have a hard time interacting weather I know them or not, and it's getting really annoying.

As for the other thing, thank you? I feel like this is the part where I'm supposed to be all smiley and better or something, but I don't feel it.

You’re not. I promise. 

Incidentally, have you had a patriarchal blessing?

No, I haven't. People have been quite fond of reminding me of that fact lately.

Hmm. I agree and disagree with the above statement about girls. I have a hard time interacting weather I know them or not, and it's getting really annoying.

As for the other thing, thank you? I feel like this is the part where I'm supposed to be all smiley and better or something, but I don't feel it.

No, I haven't. People have been quite fond of reminding me of that fact lately.

Bet you my soul that it doesn’t say you’re useless. ;) 

Bet you my soul that it doesn’t say you’re useless. ;) 

Well, if it did, that would certainly be depressing, wouldn't it? There is a difference of wording in saying "unimportant" and saying "useless" but there's less of a distinction than you might think.