Girls only! (And a sleepover/tea time RP kind of thing?)

On 11/12/2022 at 9:56 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

People don’t make sense at all. I mean, why are swear words so weird? Why do they have to mean anything at all? I mean, the Skyward swear word ‘Scud’ is my favorite cuz it has an extremely innocent meaning and is SO. VERY. FUN TO SAY.

I rest my case.

Okay, I know I'm not a girl and shouldn't be here, but YES. Swear words don't make sense. Sometimes they are just in random places in a sentence that shouldn't even be in that spot.

Edited by Cone Slice

2 minutes ago, Cone Slice said:

Okay, I know I'm not a girl and shouldn't be here, but YES. Swear words don't make sense. Sometimes they are just in random places in a sentence that shouldn't even be in that spot.

Us boys are tolerated here occasionally. I agree, swear words don't do anything, all they do is hurt people. Not really anything else.

i swear in english when i'm mad.

like that one time a kid i know made a joke about my girlfriend having an onlyfans and i had to be physically restrained by a friend of mine before i absolutely whooped that kids ass because oh my gosh if you disrespect my bae like that i swear you will no longer be alive on this earth i wanted to hurt him

I like swear words, if used properly they can add a lot of emphasis to a sentence. Plus they're just fun to say.

6 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

i swear in english when i'm mad.

like that one time a kid i know made a joke about my girlfriend having an onlyfans and i had to be physically restrained by a friend of mine before i absolutely whooped that kids ass because oh my gosh if you disrespect my bae like that i swear you will no longer be alive on this earth i wanted to hurt him

Ouch. I sympathize with you here. Kids can be so mean (and crude.)

On 11/13/2022 at 7:27 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

I’ll blow them up then. *does sk*
Oj right. Can’t do that.

And then I throw one at @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

*takes a bite out of it as it ends up near me*

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood
fixed spelling

are we talking about swearing?

I swear in Spanish and latin under my breath sometimes, and if it's in a song i like i'll probably sing along, but i don't really swear out loud cause ya know raised lds and all that. and my mother has wise advice, which is that you should swear very rarely and only when you really want to pack a punch because if you do it all the time it won't mean anything and you'll just sound dumb.

:)

34 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

very rarely and only when you really want to pack a punch because if you do it all the time it won't mean anything and you'll just sound dumb.

Except for me, who put up such a reputation amongst those I commonly interact with that I don't swear that if I did, it would essentially be social suicide and I'd get called out for it so hard.

I'm fine with that. "Scud" is better, honestly.

...This thread is kind of off topic.

38 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Except for me, who put up such a reputation amongst those I commonly interact with that I don't swear that if I did, it would essentially be social suicide and I'd get called out for it so hard.

I'm fine with that. "Scud" is better, honestly.

...This thread is kind of off topic.

Oh, gosh, that's true for me too. Although there was a point when I said "scud" too much.

I've stopped that now, and use it only intermittently. My older brother has read Skyward, and playfully gasps every time I go "scud" :P nice to have a humorous elder brother

Just now, Robin Sedai said:

It says "Girls only." Don't think that's a topic. The sleepover/tea time RP is kind of dead anyhow, we might as well talk about swearing.

*throws more muffins* "Who said this isn't an RP, ma girl?"