The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

• Kelsier'sGodComplex changed the title to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a Missionary story real quick:

So my family had  guy over for dinner (pre-COVID)  And this guy had a brother.  This brother was... an...interesting person.  He went on a mission & while he was on it he bought knives from a knife-store that was closing down.  Short time later, this guy was carrying around a knife with him into a grocery store, (as I said he was an interesting guy.)  His companion had to go to the bathroom, so while his companion was in the bathroom, this guy starts throwing the knife up, spinning it, and catching it.  It hits the ceiling fan and IMPALES his thigh.  (that's not the craziest part yet.)  Short while later their mission president in a zone meeting starts chewing them out and got this guy really frustrated.  So frustrated that on the way home he has his companion stop the car at every snowman so that this guy could tackle it.  He keeps doing this until they're almost at the apartment and he tackles yet another snowman, this lady comes out of the house and asks him what he was doing.  He replied that he was sorry and he was having a really hard day.  She invites him and his companion inside for hot chocolate and about a month later she's converted and baptized by the guy and his companion.

This remains my favorite conversion story ever.

Edited by Aragorn

14 minutes ago, Truthless16 said:

Hey guys, I had no idea there was a church server on this website. What’s up?

Not too much. Some of us are heading back to church, whether monthly, biweekly, or weekly. There's a Discord server; the link's in my signature. 

We discussed conference a little while back. 

13 hours ago, Truthless16 said:

Hey guys, I had no idea there was a church server on this website. What’s up?

Hello there, fellow Truthless! (whom for clarity purposes I will refer to as 16 seeing as I already go by Truthless and The_Truthwatcher goes by Truth) But I’m doing good! How’s church going for you?