The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

2 minutes ago, BreezeCauthon said:

Not an LDS (LDS? Or do you just say "Latter-Day Saint" or "Mormon?"), and I know very little about the denomination, so I was just curious: do y'all consider yourselves Christians, and why or why not?

The scholarly term would be Non-Trinitarian Christian. They do believe that Jesus died for mankind's sins and resurrected, but do not believe in the Trinity. God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are separate entities that occupy their own region in space...incidentally, God the Father has a physical body and its therefore not omnipresent like in other Christian beliefs. 

Note: Yes, the Holy Ghost also only occupies limited space, but that's a Mormon theology deep-cut... might be in an Institute Manual? 

On 11/18/2020 at 2:56 PM, BreezeCauthon said:

Not an LDS (LDS? Or do you just say "Latter-Day Saint" or "Mormon?"), and I know very little about the denomination, so I was just curious: do y'all consider yourselves Christians, and why or why not?

Yes, we do

I mean the only requirement is to believe Christ is the Savior of the world, which we do

Edited by Frustration

55 minutes ago, BreezeCauthon said:

We've recently tried to stop using the term "Mormon" or "Latter-Day Saints" because they leave out the name of Christ, which our church is centered on. So we say members of the Church of Jesus Christ

1 hour ago, BreezeCauthon said:

Yes, we are Christians, as Christian just means someone who believes that Jesus is the Savior of the world and worships him. I could go into more details, but that is the simplest answer.

6 hours ago, Orlionra said:

The scholarly term would be Non-Trinitarian Christian. They do believe that Jesus died for mankind's sins and resurrected, but do not believe in the Trinity. God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are separate entities that occupy their own region in space...incidentally, God the Father has a physical body and its therefore not omnipresent like in other Christian beliefs. 

Note: Yes, the Holy Ghost also only occupies limited space, but that's a Mormon theology deep-cut... might be in an Institute Manual? 

We do believe in the Trinity, just not in the traditional way. They are still the Trinity, although not in the same way. I believe that God is omnipresent, but other people within my same faith have different feelings about it.

1 minute ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Hello people with a similar religion to mine! I will not be spending much time here but would like to acknowledge your existence.

Hello! What do you mean, similar? Like, you aren't a MotCoJCoLDS but your religion has some of the same elements?

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
Just now, Condensation said:

Hello! What do you mean, similar? Like, you aren't a MotCoJCoLDS but your religion has some of the same elements?

Like derived from Judao-christian beliefs similar (I'm a very odd type of Christian)

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
Just now, Condensation said:

Very noncommital. :)

It's not even that different from normal christianity, it just focuses on the prophecies of the new testament.

14 hours ago, revelryintheart said:

We've recently tried to stop using the term "Mormon" or "Latter-Day Saints" because they leave out the name of Christ, which our church is centered on. So we say members of the Church of Jesus Christ

Ah... good to know.

Well, thanks everybody for answering my question!

9 hours ago, Condensation said:

We do believe in the Trinity, just not in the traditional way. They are still the Trinity, although not in the same way. I believe that God is omnipresent, but other people within my same faith have different feelings about it.

It's not the Trinity if it's not the traditional way ;)

That's why you'll hear the term "Godhead" more often and it's more accurate when one asks "Do you believe in the Trinity?" as a response. 

“Godhead” as in three separate beings, God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Ghost (the only member of the Godhead who is just a spirit and doesn’t have a physical body), who are physically separate, but one in purpose and intent. Hence why in the Bible (and even the Book of Mormon) it sometimes states God and Jesus Christ as being one.

1 hour ago, BreezeCauthon said:

Ah... good to know.

Well, thanks everybody for answering my question!

You're welcome feel free to ask again.

8 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

“Godhead” as in three separate beings, God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Ghost (the only member of the Godhead who is just a spirit and doesn’t have a physical body), who are physically separate, but one in purpose and intent. Hence why in the Bible (and even the Book of Mormon) it sometimes states God and Jesus Christ as being one.

Absolutly correect.

6 minutes ago, Mage said:

I just listened to the prophet's message about hope and gratitude, and just want to say how grateful I am that we have a living prophet who leads our church. You all need to go watch that. It was so good!

Oh my gosh! Everyone should watch it, even if you aren't a member of our church. It's just amazing!