Who LOVES The Legend of Zelda!

Boomerang Guy

On 5/25/2023 at 10:18 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

My theory of where this fits in the timeline:

(Not a bunch of game spoilers but... y'know. Spoilered)

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think Rauru and the Zonai actually founded Hyrule. At least, not originally. It wouldn't have been the original founding after Skyward Sword, but a significant re-founding after Hyrule fell at some point or another in the timeline. It's happened before, most notably in the Adult Era Timeline (otherwise known as ToonTime) with Hyrule being buried by the ocean before being reestablished for Spirit Tracks, and again in Zelda II after Link beats Ganon in TLoZ and restores balance to the force or whatever.

Reason why I think this is the case is largely because of the existence of the rito and gerudo. Those, the Master Sword, etc. all point to the unification timeline as the leading theory on how the heck BotW fits in the first place. I imagine that sometime after the timelines merged, Hyrule would've gotten its butt kicked (by Ganon, probably) and eventually forgotten over generations of lost societal development... up until the gods send the zonai and Rauru to recreate the kingdom, establishing him as the "First King of Hyrule" for this iteration.

That's kind of what I've been working with so far.

Also

Spoiler

I just finished the Tears of the Dragon Quest-line, and got the Master Sword

Do not proceed unless you have done so as well

Spoiler

I warned you

Spoiler

I suspected that this would happen ever since Mineru told us about Draconification, I acknowledged it as a possibility.

I still was not ready.

On the one hand I want Zelda back, but on the other hand, that would kind of cheapen the sacrifice, but she is the last of the royal bloodline so unless this is the last game in the timeline, which I highly doubt she needs to be restored in some way.

This had better be handled correctly.

On 5/25/2023 at 11:18 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

My theory of where this fits in the timeline:

(Not a bunch of game spoilers but... y'know. Spoilered)

Hide contents

I don't think Rauru and the Zonai actually founded Hyrule. At least, not originally. It wouldn't have been the original founding after Skyward Sword, but a significant re-founding after Hyrule fell at some point or another in the timeline. It's happened before, most notably in the Adult Era Timeline (otherwise known as ToonTime) with Hyrule being buried by the ocean before being reestablished for Spirit Tracks, and again in Zelda II after Link beats Ganon in TLoZ and restores balance to the force or whatever.

Reason why I think this is the case is largely because of the existence of the rito and gerudo. Those, the Master Sword, etc. all point to the unification timeline as the leading theory on how the heck BotW fits in the first place. I imagine that sometime after the timelines merged, Hyrule would've gotten its butt kicked (by Ganon, probably) and eventually forgotten over generations of lost societal development... up until the gods send the zonai and Rauru to recreate the kingdom, establishing him as the "First King of Hyrule" for this iteration.

Spoiler

Oh...I like this. Much better than alternate timeline what-have-yous.

But...with this...

This world is old.

Our own human civilization is - what - about 6,000 years old, give or take? 10,000 years ago, (modern-scientifically speaking, I'm not going biblical here, despite my religious background) humanity was barely out of cavemanning. And in Breath of the Wild we learn of a Great Calamity that happened - you guessed it - 10,000 years ago, and at that point Hyrule was technologically advanced. It's also implied that Calamity Ganon had appeared many times in a cyclical nature...so Hyrule, from the point of it's founding by Rauru and Sonja, is tens of thousands of years old. 

That's already incredibly old. Even if this is an alternate universe, and none of the other Zelda games happened in this timeline, that's...insanely old.

If you add on the previous Zelda timeline...we have upwards of 100,000 years, maybe, where an entire civilization stays - for the most part - within a single technological level. (Even if specific races are constantly developing highly advanced technology occasionally. Those usually fall into disrepair and are forgotten.)

The explanation for this lack of progress could be, perhaps, the nature of Demise himself. Constantly resurrected as a world-shattering evil, he'd constantly be able to wipe the history and progress of the kingdom, causing it to revert. Like the Desolations on Roshar.

But...

Yeah. 

OLD, my friends. Really, really old.

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh...I like this. Much better than alternate timeline what-have-yous.

But...with this...

This world is old.

Our own human civilization is - what - about 6,000 years old, give or take? 10,000 years ago, (modern-scientifically speaking, I'm not going biblical here, despite my religious background) humanity was barely out of cavemanning. And in Breath of the Wild we learn of a Great Calamity that happened - you guessed it - 10,000 years ago, and at that point Hyrule was technologically advanced. It's also implied that Calamity Ganon had appeared many times in a cyclical nature...so Hyrule, from the point of it's founding by Rauru and Sonja, is tens of thousands of years old. 

That's already incredibly old. Even if this is an alternate universe, and none of the other Zelda games happened in this timeline, that's...insanely old.

If you add on the previous Zelda timeline...we have upwards of 100,000 years, maybe, where an entire civilization stays - for the most part - within a single technological level. (Even if specific races are constantly developing highly advanced technology occasionally. Those usually fall into disrepair and are forgotten.)

The explanation for this lack of progress could be, perhaps, the nature of Demise himself. Constantly resurrected as a world-shattering evil, he'd constantly be able to wipe the history and progress of the kingdom, causing it to revert. Like the Desolations on Roshar.

But...

Yeah. 

OLD, my friends. Really, really old.

Just for a point of reference - 12,000 years ago was basically the beginning of agriculture on Earth. 6000 years ago give or take is when Writing was first developed around the same time as Bronze, and Steel is about 2000 years after that

um if anyone has tips for this thing in tears of the kingdom please help me

Spoiler

how do you defeat queen gibdo i keep getting to second phase and then i’m absolutely demolished by the chaotic wave of everything. the timing is always wrong when i try to do smth and the gibdos are fast.

help

i abandoned that boss fight for now and am currently in zoras domain doing that quest, but how do i defeat queen gibdo pls help

20 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Reveal hidden contents

how do you defeat queen gibdo i keep getting to second phase and then i’m absolutely demolished by the chaotic wave of everything. the timing is always wrong when i try to do smth and the gibdos are fast.

help

i abandoned that boss fight for now and am currently in zoras domain doing that quest, but how do i defeat queen gibdo pls help

I got you

Spoiler

During the second phase just focus on the Queen Gibdo because once she's dead, everything dies. You can also weaken her with a homing elemental keese eyeball and them just whack away.

Hope this helps some

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Reveal hidden contents

help

Here's what I did.

Spoiler

Break down one of the hives in the room, that will cause a pillar of light to form, inside that pillar Gibdoes fall on the ground and stop moving, allowing you to easily kill them, queen gibdo will occasionally attack you but even she mostly leaves you alone. From there you can take out the rest of the hives and then focus on the queen.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

Here's what I did.

Reveal hidden contents

Break down one of the hives in the room, that will cause a pillar of light to form, inside that pillar Gibdoes fall on the ground and stop moving, allowing you to easily kill them, queen gibdo will occasionally attack you but even she mostly leaves you alone. From there you can take out the rest of the hives and then focus on the queen.

that’s what i did

Spoiler

except she always nailed me with the sand sniper thing

48 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

that’s what i did

Reveal hidden contents

except she always nailed me with the sand sniper thing

Huh, I think I got hit with that maybe once.

Spoiler

Then again, I had two other sages at that point, and one of them was really helpful at killing a lot of gibdos really quickly.

48 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i’ve just beat phantom ganon

it took a while

but i did it :]

yay

Spoiler

Honestly, he's not near as bad as the gloom pools he spawns from. those things come 5 at a time and you basically cannot melee them since they restrain you when they hit. Phantom Ganon is just a harder hitting regular enemy.

10 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:
  Hide contents

i just shot him in the head with an arrow fused to various monster horns whenever that happened..

the gloom pools go away if you headshot him

Spoiler

sorry, I mean the gloom hand monsters. the gloom pools aren't a big deal, at least on the surface where the sunlight undoes the gloom damage almost immediately. i just ate the gloom damage and went with it. though I have fought him in the depths and its a bit harder there.