Who LOVES The Legend of Zelda!

Boomerang Guy

On 5/13/2023 at 6:39 PM, The Wandering Wizard said:

I'm back as well!

Hide contents

Spoilers for Rito stuff and deeper lore

Hide contents

THERE'S A DUNGEON! DUNGEONS HAVE RETURNED!

ALONG WITH SAGES AND TEARS THAT ENHANCE THEIR ABILITIES!!

Spoiler

I found out all those same things by doing the Zora dungeon...

On the one hand, I really want to read all these spoiler comments, but on the other hand I really don't want to. it's killing me. but my progress is pretty sow, so i'm sure most of these would be things I don't want to read yet

TOTK is so amazing!! I love it so much!!

Spoiler

THE MASTER SWORD MADE FI NOISE!!!!!

THE LORE IS SO COOL!!!!

ZELDA IS THE SAGE OF TIME AND WENT BACK IN TIME?!!!?!??

SHRINES ARE SO COOL AND GLOWY!!!!

DUNGEONS!!!!

THE TOWERS!!! I LOVE THE NEW TOWER ANIMATION SO MUCH!!!!!

1 hour ago, Wittles of Shinovar said:

replay it endlessly?

Yes, this. (I have over 400 hours on the same account on BotW and still haven't even 50%ed it despite me getting all the shrines.)

Also my dad just showed me a video of a guy who basically built a battle-mech-suit thing. So I think we still have lots of stuff to do for however many years it is until the next one.

I'm going to see if I can find the video.

16 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Yes, this. (I have over 400 hours on the same account on BotW and still haven't even 50%ed it despite me getting all the shrines.)

Also my dad just showed me a video of a guy who basically built a battle-mech-suit thing. So I think we still have lots of stuff to do for however many years it is until the next one.

WHAT!!!! A SCUDDING BATTLE SUIT?!?!? 

It's now my life mission to make that.

On 5/15/2023 at 5:28 PM, The Bookwyrm said:

I sense potential chaos on a level never before known to man

Spoiler

The school in Hateno is so cute!!

Edit: Okay, I just went into a stable shrine, and there were TINY LITTLE CAR GUYS THAT BONKED INTO THE MY ENEMIES!! For a short while, they were my children. (Not weird at all, lol.)

Edited by Potato's Wit

It's great and I'm loving it, but I feel like there are some missed opportunities here. For one thing it doesn't do a very good job (so far - but i'm not super far) distinguishing itself from BotW. the Shrines are a different color and different puzzles, but mechanically are basically identical to BotW shrines. the main dungeons (or the one i've beaten anyway) are pretty similar too. I also wish they'd pulled more from Skyward Sword when designing the sky islands. hyrule is loaded with recognizable landmarks from prior games, but i haven't seen any obvious references to Skyward Sword among the sky islands - and i've explored MOST of the surface map. Maybe i'm missing something here, Skyward Sword is one of my least favorite Zeldas so I don't recall it as well as others, but I don't think so.

its a great game, but there are just little things like that that make me thin it could be even better

10 hours ago, Nameless* said:

After beating the game, I would like to revise my previous statement regarding TotK. It is a very good game. Maybe even tied with Hollow Knight.

*spits out spit in surprise* YOU BEAT THE GAME??? It must be shorter than I thought...

I am not done, but I'm loving it.

Spoiler

Also can we talk about how much of an Amp secret stones are? Like yikes that's insane levels of power.

Though I do have more questions than when I started.

Who made the bargained statues?

Where are the Zonai now?

Who are the Rules of Owls/Boars etc?

Who are those strange statues in the depths depicting?

How the crap was Raru the first king of Hyrule? Like that breaks so much about the lore I can't even. The only explanation I can think of is that this is a new kingdom of Hyrule, which begs the question of what happened to the old one, and also why they named a a second war the imprisoning war?

My theory of where this fits in the timeline:

(Not a bunch of game spoilers but... y'know. Spoilered)

Spoiler

I don't think Rauru and the Zonai actually founded Hyrule. At least, not originally. It wouldn't have been the original founding after Skyward Sword, but a significant re-founding after Hyrule fell at some point or another in the timeline. It's happened before, most notably in the Adult Era Timeline (otherwise known as ToonTime) with Hyrule being buried by the ocean before being reestablished for Spirit Tracks, and again in Zelda II after Link beats Ganon in TLoZ and restores balance to the force or whatever.

Reason why I think this is the case is largely because of the existence of the rito and gerudo. Those, the Master Sword, etc. all point to the unification timeline as the leading theory on how the heck BotW fits in the first place. I imagine that sometime after the timelines merged, Hyrule would've gotten its butt kicked (by Ganon, probably) and eventually forgotten over generations of lost societal development... up until the gods send the zonai and Rauru to recreate the kingdom, establishing him as the "First King of Hyrule" for this iteration.