Who LOVES The Legend of Zelda!

Boomerang Guy

was exploring around today and I accidentally discovered

Spoiler

The Spirit Temple! I thought I was done with the temples and sages, but here was a bonus one I hadn't expected. probably would have unlocked it normally if I had kept up with the Yiga quest line i'm guessing, but i got side tracked into all manner of other exploration and haven't finished that one. i did already have the master sword, so Mineru's revelations were....negligible - I unlocked and then completed the master sword quest at the same time.

22 hours ago, Dunkum said:

Reveal hidden contents

The Spirit Temple! I thought I was done with the temples and sages, but here was a bonus one I hadn't expected. probably would have unlocked it normally if I had kept up with the Yiga quest line i'm guessing, but i got side tracked into all manner of other exploration and haven't finished that one. i did already have the master sword, so Mineru's revelations were....negligible - I unlocked and then completed the master sword quest at the same time.

Huh

Spoiler

Actually it comes after a different quest line you would have unlocked after finishing the regional phenomenon quest line.

I would like to ask how that entire thing went, from initial discovery to completion.

23 hours ago, Dunkum said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ha! I did the same thing. Didn't know it was down there until I randomly ran across it.
Also, is anyone else vaguely sad that the regional bosses aren't from other games? I had this whole thing about

Spoiler

the Wind Temple boss being Vaati to the point that I was surprised it wasn't.

5 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Ha! I did the same thing. Didn't know it was down there until I randomly ran across it.
Also, is anyone else vaguely sad that the regional bosses aren't from other games? I had this whole thing about

Hide contents

the Wind Temple boss being Vaati to the point that I was surprised it wasn't.

Spoiler

Well Vaati is traditionally unrelated to Demise, Ganon, and Ganondorf - even in Four Swords Adventures he was only Ganon's ally, so I doubt our favorite dehydrated gerudo boy could just straight-up summon the guy

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

Huh

Hide contents

Actually it comes after a different quest line you would have unlocked after finishing the regional phenomenon quest line.

I would like to ask how that entire thing went, from initial discovery to completion.

Spoiler

oh? they told me to go to the castle when I finished the regional phenomena, which I assumed meant final confrontation, but obviously I didn't want to do that yet. so I decided to explore around the sky some more looking for Sage's Wills or shrines. I realized I hadn't done anything in the Thunderhead isles, which I had expected to have opened from one of the quest lines, so I just started exploring it and came across the mask, at which point the game leads you to the temple.

33 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:
  Hide contents

Well Vaati is traditionally unrelated to Demise, Ganon, and Ganondorf - even in Four Swords Adventures he was only Ganon's ally, so I doubt our favorite dehydrated gerudo boy could just straight-up summon the guy

Spoiler

Yeah I know they're not generally related, but I was deep in theory territory about that alliance having reformed at some point in the intervening time and then progressed further to pull him in there. But honestly I'm not sure if that would have been any more of a satisfying fight than Colgera.
Also I just really like Vaati and wanted to see him in a game again.

Edited by Invocation

5 minutes ago, Invocation said:
  Hide contents

Yeah I know they're not generally related, but I was deep in theory territory about that alliance having reformed at some point in the intervening time and then progressed further to pull him in there. But honestly I'm not sure if that would have been any more of a satisfying fight than Colgera.
Also I just really like Vaati and wanted to see him in a game again.

Spoiler

In those two points I sincerely agree

• 3 weeks later...

Finally beat it. with 100% of lightroots and Shrines, but not anything else - I wouldn't even have completed the shrines except I found an easy way to determine their locations. don't have anything else pressing to play in the near future, so might play around a bit more and try to find the rest of the Bubbul gems and caves, but after so long, my enjoyment has been dwindling. definitely got my $70 worth, though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have a question if anyone knows the answer.

Spoiler

I took a picture of a Gerudo Statue in the depths, and the red exclamation mark popped up. I don't have any quests related to it, and I already finished the Master Kohga quest line.

The same thing happened with the Rito and Zora statues, but not the Goron or the ones that lead to the great abandoned mine.

24 minutes ago, Frustration said:

So I have a question if anyone knows the answer.

Reveal hidden contents

I took a picture of a Gerudo Statue in the depths, and the red exclamation mark popped up. I don't have any quests related to it, and I already finished the Master Kohga quest line.

The same thing happened with the Rito and Zora statues, but not the Goron or the ones that lead to the great abandoned mine.

Spoiler

There's this quest Josha gives you to take pics of all the statues. Maybe that's it??

7 minutes ago, Potato's Wit said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There's this quest Josha gives you to take pics of all the statues. Maybe that's it??

Spoiler

I haven't gotten that quest I don't think. I spoke to Josha after it happened, but nothing interesting came of it. Does she have to be doing something for it to happen?

1 hour ago, Frustration said:
  Hide contents

I haven't gotten that quest I don't think. I spoke to Josha after it happened, but nothing interesting came of it. Does she have to be doing something for it to happen?

Spoiler

when you beat the master Kohga quest line, did you get the location info/hints from Josha each time, or just find it yourself by exploring the depths? because Josha provides additional hints and information, in exchange for those pictures but you have to advance her quest line to do it. I'd guess she's waiting on something else from you and will want the pictures as the next step.

On 8/2/2023 at 1:37 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

favorite LoZ character?

Revali. Yes he is annoying but the one cutscene in age of calamity where he fights Link is just too awesome.

I just found this thread and the answer is most definitely I am a Legends of Zelda fan. 

You know, it is hard to answer the original question though. As quiet as they all are, I think the different Links have enough personality painted on the screen to be their own character. That said I don't think any of the Links (in my admittedly short track record) are my absolute favorite character. TP's gets close though. I really like how beneath all his heroics and willingness to risk his life to save Hyrule, he's just a farm boy who cares about his neighbors and the girl he likes. The small town hero sort of vibe. I also like the way his relationship with Midna starts as almost hostile. The looks he gave her at first might be the meanest thing I've seen a Link do, which adds a bit of personality in and of itself.

• 5 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

my- my favorite character is Happy Mask Salesmen

*ducks for oncoming tomatoes*

*does not throw tomatoes because the Happy Mask Salesman is actually amazing*

Is it controversial to like him?? I wouldn't say he's my favorite, but he's definitely up there. I think the title of favorite would go to child Link of Majora's Mask

1 hour ago, Wittles of Shinovar said:

*does not throw tomatoes because the Happy Mask Salesman is actually amazing*

Is it controversial to like him?? I wouldn't say he's my favorite, but he's definitely up there. I think the title of favorite would go to child Link of Majora's Mask

I mentioned it to one of my friends and he looked at me like I was insane lol,

Its not controversial, I just think some people see his creepy weirdness as, well, weird.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just checking, after beating Tears of the Kingdom did anyone (RoW spoilers):

Spoiler

Have the background music for Link diving for Zelda unconsciously become the theme music for Kaladin diving for Syl at the end of RoW? I can hear it overlaid on the audiobook with Michael Kramer's Kaladin voice calling for Syl... Anyone? Just me?

• 5 months later...