Who LOVES The Legend of Zelda!

Boomerang Guy

Been a while since I've been on the shard but here's a thought- if you were told that botw takes place in the cosmere, how would you interpret/expand the lore? 

Does the situation in Hyrule need two opposing Shards to explain it? One Goddess Shard that fuels sheikah tech, one Dark Shard that Ganon is perhaps a sliver of?

40 minutes ago, SpeakoftheDeval said:

Been a while since I've been on the shard but here's a thought- if you were told that botw takes place in the cosmere, how would you interpret/expand the lore? 

Does the situation in Hyrule need two opposing Shards to explain it? One Goddess Shard that fuels sheikah tech, one Dark Shard that Ganon is perhaps a sliver of?

probably the simplest explanation - though given the whole triforce thing, maybe 3 shards, or possibly 1 shard splitting itself into 3 pieces would make more sense.  I kind of like that latter option better, but i'm having trouble coming up with a candidate shard for whom "courage", "power", and "wisdom" would all reasonable component parts.  maybe something revolving around concepts like Leadership

33 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

probably the simplest explanation - though given the whole triforce thing, maybe 3 shards, or possibly 1 shard splitting itself into 3 pieces would make more sense.  I kind of like that latter option better, but i'm having trouble coming up with a candidate shard for whom "courage", "power", and "wisdom" would all reasonable component parts.  maybe something revolving around concepts like Leadership

ROW spoilers:

Spoiler

Valor maybe? It's a little bit of a stretch but it would work

35 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

ROW spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Valor maybe? It's a little bit of a stretch but it would work

Maybe. I wasn't even worried about trying to match it with a known existing shard, just trying to come up with a theoretical potential one that could reasonably fit.

Spoiler
  • So we start with a flickin' wide shot of floating islands everywhere. Moving camera and everything. HECK. YES.
    • There are lots of light pillars all over the place. Like, tons.
  • LIL' CHUCHU DOING HIS BEST IT'S OKAY LIL' GUY WE BELIEVE IN YOU
  • Zonai robot chopping tree 
  • And then THE MAJESTIC MCMANLY MAN HIMSELF DESCENDING UPON THE ZONAI-INFESTED HYRULE
    • Strange that he has a different paraglider now
    • more floaty lights
    • grr rain
  • We get a good look at a floaty light pillar! Twenty rupees says they're the new sky island map givers.
  • Hateno lookin' fiiiiiine. Lots of colors! Another tower in the background! Cute sweeper lady is still out front saying hello
  • WE'RE RE-COLONIZING HYRULE LES GOOOOOOOOO
  • Link climbing with a swirly green light in the background. How strange. Also lots of these big rock circles showing up all over the place.
  • Big swirly cloud. Never a good sign where there's a big swirly cloud.
  • Pleeeeeease tell me that's the Arbiter's Grounds popping out of the Gerudo sands 
  • ...So rocks are falling from the sky... while Hyrule Castle is ascending into the sky?
  • That's a big-ack moon. And Ganondorf's got a mane.
  • We missed Zelda. That isn't good. What was the glowy bit at her waist in those last few frames?
  • How is there so much  s t u f f  now? Sinkholes? Wall murals? Ruins? Things?
  • ARE WE INSIDE DEATH MOUNTAIN????? HELLO??? YES???
  • boat
  • Floaty water bubbles! With funky contraptions inside?
  • That is Link skydiving with a zonai wingsuit. Hell yeah.
  • Where're all these dynamic puzzles coming from????
  • AHH PEOPLE ARE FIGHTING THE MONSTERS WITH YOU??????
  • And that is a... lizalfos person? Tiefling? Almost definitely a zonai. Were they lizards this whole time? 
  • Nice view of the throne room. The throne room that's... in the sky. Sky throne room. 
  • Zelda lookin' fiiiiiiiiine. I wonder where she is? Though I guess that is the point of the game. It's like a... zonai divine beast thing.
  • Inch resting that we get more voice lines. Probably the lizard zonai guy.
  • Kay but that looks wayyyyyy like Zant's outfit tho. I mean it totally can't be him (though it would be really awesome if it was). He's got a glowy opal on his gauntlet? And Zelda has the little emblem trinket on a necklace.
    • Not many people can rock big bobble earrings but she does.
  • "Link" indeed. What a sexy man. I am gay for this man. 
  • Lots of gameplay shots but the notable ones are:
    • Carrying a carriage??? I don't know why but that just gives off VIBES.
    • ROCKET ARMMMM
    • Weird gravity rocks! And some strange bubble bois in the background
    • MINECART MUSTAFAR DUEL UNDER DEATH MOUNTAIN YESSSSSSS
    • WE GO TO  W A R  WITH THE TALUS. RIDE TO RUIN AND THE WORLD'S ENDIIIIIING. DEEEEEEAAAAATHHHH.
    • Laser... thing...?
  • THAT is a bona fide leviathan. 
  • "Something only I can do" is that a Tear of the Kingdom she has? Or something else? It's the same shape as the Amber Token from Skyward Sword
  • Very unfortunate that Link gets Malice'd
  • GANONDORF HAS THE SIDEBURNS LET'S GOOOOOO
  • Inkling whale
  • Bird? Maybe Teba's kid or something? 
  • The lady here is wearing Zelda's EXACT attire, but decidedly isn't Zelda (hint: not white). Unless it's just really dark in there? Her hands are glowing with zonai runes, as is the [token]. [Token] magic!
  • RIJU SUPREMACY
  • YUNOBO - AH - oh hey that isn't Yunobo. Thank Hylia. BUT WE HAVE A TEAM OF UNLIKELY HEROES, INCLUDING A GUY WITH A BUCKET FOR A HAT.
  • SIDON SUPREMACY
  • SIDON AND RIJU AND TEBA AND LINK FIGHTING A GODSCUDDING FIRE MALICE AQUAMENTUS. 
  • Zelda rockin' some new makeup I see
  • "You must find me" you're legit just sitting on a rock. Are you in a different dimension or something?

Main takeaways:

• Ever since the dawn of Tears of Kingdom news I've been hoping and praying for Hyrule in regeneration. I want to see people recolonize the place and WE'RE DOING IT Y'ALL
  • There is SO much Zonai here. Us theorists are gonna go to flippin' town on this game.
  • EPIC BATTLES. UNDER. DEATH MOUNTAIN.
  • C O M P A N I O N S
  • And, of course, my boy Link being hot and majestic as ever.

48 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:
  Hide contents
  • YUNOBO - AH - oh hey that isn't Yunobo. Thank Hylia. BUT WE HAVE A TEAM OF UNLIKELY HEROES, INCLUDING A GUY WITH A BUCKET FOR A HAT.

THERE'S A GUY WITH A BUCKET HAT FIGHTING WITH LINK?????!!!?! HOW DID I MISS THIS????? HE'S AUTOMATICALLY MY FAVORITE CHARACTER

Ok now I'm starting to get excited. I was surprised they hadn't tried to make a successor to that legendary BotW trailer. It was needed and here it is. 

Main thing for me is that the new music feels even better than BotW's. I'm also cautiously optimistic about the story focus. Hopefully they didn't put most of the cutscenes in the trailer this time. 

I do, but I do not like the direction it has been going lately.  I hate breakable weapons (especially if they can't be repaired) and other factors in BOTW and in the upcoming TotK.  I miss the old Zelda formula.  LTTP, OoT, TP, and SS are my favorites.  Z1 is the most nostalgic due to it's 80's sound effects and the memes.

• 2 weeks later...