AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support ending the battle. :)

The battle was almost over. What little Voidbringers remained were running off, and Rob let them. Why kill unnecessarily? They would be back for the next raid, he was sure, but they would be prepared. With a fort for a house, and with a joint team and more radiants than ever.

But there were always exceptions. Case in point, the Voidbringer running towards Rob now. Jumping up, the Voidbringer aimed a kick at Rob’s chest, which he caught. The Voidbringer dropped to the floor, eyes glowing a faint shade of red. Rob had always found that most unnerving about them. The red eyes. The stronger they were, the redder the eyes, and the harsher the glow.

Obviously, this Voidbringer didn’t seem to be able to conjure lightning. Jumping up with new speed Rob felt a pain in his chest when he realised the Voidbringer had stabbed him, the knife cruel and grey, contrasting with the red blood. Before the injuries could reach his heart he breathed in stormlight and grabbed the Voidbringer’s hand, locking them in place. Ripping out a piece of the Voidbringer’s cloth Rob channeled Tension through it, turning it razor sharp and stabbing into the enemy’s back arm.

The Voidbringer met his glance with a hateful stare, breathing in voidlight and shimmering with that weird black anti-glow that came with it. Slowly their wounds began to heal too, dark blood receding back into the cut.

They stayed like that for a while, locked by each other’s knives, unable to move. It was simply a matter of who could last more. And whereas the Voidbringer had only a couple spheres, Rob had a pouchful. The Voidbringer realised this and tried to escape but couldn’t. The two had gone far too deep into the lock. There was only one outcome. The Voidbringer struggled against the lock, hateful glance suddenly showing a hint of another emotion. Fear? Sadness? Rob wondered who it must have felt to know you would die and be unable to do anything about it.

May you be free from whatever chains you, Rob thought as the Voidbringer struggled one last time, before their voidlight ran out and they went limp, crumpling onto the ground. Rob took out the knife and stepped back, looking at the sprawled out Voidbringer. And may whatever gives us our powers look favourably upon your soul.

Me too.:D

Nym saw the girl talking to the air.  Spren.  The girl was about to walk off, but Nym stopped her saying, "OK, first off, do you have a spren, and second, do you need a place to stay?"  She said, she wasn't sure if she could invite the girl into the house, she only just got here.  But she would go get an older radiant if she wanted a place to stay. @WannabeWorldhopper

"Uh... yeah. Cryptic. Her name's Spool." Sahar mumbled to Nym. "Um, I don't really need a place to stay..."

"Mmm... Sahar. Friends!" Spool buzzed. "Though... not this friend. Mmm... Honorspren..." Sahar stared at Spool. 

"You know? Uh... sure." Sahar said, trying to smile. If Spool doesn't like Nym's spren, I'd like to find out why. She thought.

@Aragorn

Edited by WannabeWorldhopper

6 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

I, uh, misclicked on the poll :P

Suuuuuure you did *rubs face and glares at Itiah* :P 

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Should I even bother? <_<

Are you referring to voting or to my grammar? Because I'm sorry about the grammar, I was tired and joking and dead inside, and we can pretend I phrased it better if that helps. :rolleyes: 

18 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Are you referring to voting or to my grammar? Because I'm sorry about the grammar, I was tired and joking and dead inside, and we can pretend I phrased it better if that helps. :rolleyes: 

Seven to one seems like a pretty clear decision to me. Convincing anybody is going to be nigh-on-impossible, if all the other arguments I've had here are any guide. I could make an appeal, but it would be, at best, a beg for mercy. I mean, I said it myself, didn't I? If worldbuilding isn't posted, it might as well not exist. 

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if I should even bother trying to rebuild... 

55 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

*sadness* 

:( This doesn’t have to be something you have to ‘rebuild’, Xino. It’s just the RP going in a different direction than you thought it would go. It happens to all of us - we can still have fun here :mellow: [the Shard needs a hopeful emoji] ^_^ 

3 hours ago, WannabeWorldhopper said:

"Uh... yeah. Cryptic. Her name's Spool." Sahar mumbled to Nym. "Um, I don't really need a place to stay..."

"Mmm... Sahar. Friends!" Spool buzzed. "Though... not this friend. Mmm... Honorspren..." Sahar stared at Spool. 

"You know? Uh... sure." Sahar said, trying to smile. If Spool doesn't like Nym's spren, I'd like to find out why. She thought.

@Aragorn

"Well, ok then, thanks."  This was getting awkward.  She just stood there waiting for something to happen.  @WannabeWorldhopper

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

I wanted a liking quest, but I saw there were already four for episodic things. So I sort of went with the crowd. I mildly disappointed in myself about that, but it's true. Maybe there could be hints of an overarching plot in the background, and it'll eventually become a dominant aspect of the 'episodic' bits of RP? There's always a way to rebuild. I once had a cool little 'oh look, an enemy you'll defeat later on' moment in a campaign. Instead of acknowledging that they couldn't win, they dropped a cave on the bad guys head. I rolled with it, but believe me that made me rewrite huge chunks of the campaign... if you want, I'd gladly help. I just need to know how I can help. :)

1 hour ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Maybe there could be hints of an overarching plot in the background, and it'll eventually become a dominant aspect of the 'episodic' bits of RP? 

I think the occasional fight with Voidbringers would work for that, as well as the struggle against people finding out about Investiture - or the struggle to get them to do it - with elements of battling and defeating Sha-thoexis’s influence? That’s basically been what we’ve done so far. 

Edited by AonEne

1 hour ago, WannabeWorldhopper said:

"So, uh... is there anything to eat around here?" Sahar asked. The last thing she'd eaten was a bit of old sushi she'd found in the depths of the mini fridge in the poor college guy's apartment she'd ransacked this morning. @Aragorn

"Uh... yeah, follow me."  Nym walked towards the house, it looked like the fight was just about wrapped up.  She led the lightweaver to the house, all the while silencing Lopen's protests about the Cryptic spren.  But.. she- Lopen said, Nym, on the other hand was ignoring him. @WannabeWorldhopper

Edited by Aragorn

@Aragorn 

Sahar didn't particularly want to get sucked into the Radiant's messes, but when you haven't eaten in 12 hours, you kind of have to accept any food that comes your way. "I... don't like this one." Spool hummed. "The spren... Honor..." 

"Spool, shut up."

"Shut... up? I have nothing to shut."

"It means be quiet."

"Ah... your idioms are so... delightful!"

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Yes, though maybe having it be a little more intentionally focused on the plot in those instances would help- I mean, this fight came from nowhere and had little to no build-up or reason behind it. That itself makes it harder to help with plot, and then it ended before xinoehp512 even had a chance to finish off the plot thread he'd started with his named antagonist. They could finish it off, but he has already expressed how discouraging this whole situation is. Honestly, we should probably consult him while thinking of whether or not an attack is going to happen, since he knows their motivations and knows whether or not they would realistically attack, and in what numbers. 

Does that make sense? What do you think, guys?

@xinoehp512

Sheln and Cassie (and theoretically Leona) are still fighting. I just need Xino to answer my post, then we'll see how it goes. 

While I understand where you're coming from, the way we handle plot stuff in this roleplay is by giving everyone input, and so far the Voidbringers have been...not that. Much worldbuilding has been done without the understanding of the other roleplayers, and I actually think we should be scaling that back a good amount. Instead of consulting one specific person, we should be consulting everyone, since ideally everyone controls what goes on. 

I do agree that we need to have a more focused reasoning behind our attacks - the one Ara started was out of nowhere - but so far the poll looks like it's leaning toward the other end of things, so while having underlying themes and linked miniplots is fine, we don't want to go too far. 

You aren't in the plot PM, right? Do you want to be added? 

@ShadowLord_Lith

Edited by AonEne
tag

4 minutes ago, AonEne said:

That is fair, I admit. I just... dislike how upset he was. And I know how it feels to have days, weeks, or even months of world building ruined by a surprise from nowhere. You are also right, though. It isn't the end of the world, and everyone should have a say. 

Also a good idea and idea. :) 

No, I'm not, and yes, I'd love that. Mainly because then I can feast on more world building- I'm mildly addicted to the stuff. :) 

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

5 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

That is fair, I admit. I just... dislike how upset he was. And I know how it feels to have days, weeks, or even months of world building ruined by a surprise from nowhere. You are also right, though. It isn't the end of the world, and everyone should have a say. 

No, I'm not, and yes, I'd love that. Mainly because then I can feast on more world building- I'm mildly addicted to the stuff. :) 

I don't like it either, but - no offense, I don't think this is offensive, but I'll say that anyway - Xino is not the only upset person in TKND. I've been trying to make this a fun place for as many people as possible, where everyone has a chance, and it does mean compromises have to be made. 

This also isn't a surprise from nowhere. This has been a recurring problem, one that I have tried to address often while being as polite as possible. (I'm sorry if that's unhelpful. I've written some, erased some. I'll go with that for now.) 

I'll add you! 

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

Yay! And, I think I noticed that... not often, and I can't recall any major times, but... yeah, that's fair. I'll try to think bigger picture. Thank you for being willing to discuss this with me so calmly. It's immensely helpful and very nice of you to be so willing to listen to ideas and express your own without becoming confrontational. It means a lot to me. :)

There's been a little more in the plot PM, and I have had concerns brought up to me privately. 

Of course! Tact and listening to all sides of an issue are things I try to hold to. I want to make as many people as possible happy in as many aspects of my life as I can. I'm very happy that you're being reasonable and listening, too. 

@ShadowLord_Lith

Edited by AonEne

3 hours ago, WannabeWorldhopper said:

@Aragorn 

Sahar didn't particularly want to get sucked into the Radiant's messes, but when you haven't eaten in 12 hours, you kind of have to accept any food that comes your way. "I... don't like this one." Spool hummed. "The spren... Honor..." 

"Spool, shut up."

"Shut... up? I have nothing to shut."

"It means be quiet."

"Ah... your idioms are so... delightful!"

"What did you say your name was again?"  Nym said, trying hard to ignore Lopen.  "Also, sorry about Lopen, my Spren, he usually isn't like this."  Hey!  Lopen said, "It's true."  Nym replied.  They had gotten to the house by this point and Nym was making her way to the kitchen. @WannabeWorldhopper

22 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Not long." She smiled at him, glad that he seemed to be alright. "I just didn't want you lying around asleep in the middle of a battle."  Her eyes roamed over the battlefield, but it seemed to be under control. At least nothing those standing could handle. So she just stayed where she was, close to Ben, a hand on his arm. "This is the worst wedding party ever." with a sigh she made sure so move around a little, so that she would be able to get up quickly in case of an attack and shook her head. "But maybe I am asking too much, when I want a single evening of peace, so that we can celebrate with our friends."

“That seems pretty reasonable, for most people.”

He gave a wry smile.

”Unfortunately, we are not most people. Hopefully after this attack is over we’ll have some peace. The Voidbringers might need to gather some more resources after spending them on two attacks in a row like this.”

Ben hid his relief that Shana wasn’t going to rejoin the battle. He had already had to heal her twice today, and he didn’t think that her keeping herself going solely on stormlight was the safest idea.

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

“That seems pretty reasonable, for most people.”

He gave a wry smile.

”Unfortunately, we are not most people. Hopefully after this attack is over we’ll have some peace. The Voidbringers might need to gather some more resources after spending them on two attacks in a row like this.”

Ben hid his relief that Shana wasn’t going to rejoin the battle. He had already had to heal her twice today, and he didn’t think that her keeping herself going solely on stormlight was the safest idea.

Shana smiled at him as well, offered him a hand to stand up. "The battle is over." She said quietly. "Cass and Leona are gone, to this other realm I suppose, there is nothing I can do for them." Her voice broke at her words, but she forced herself to continue to smile.

"There are a few new ones, let's take a look at them and see if we can help them to get setteled?"

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

Shana smiled at him as well, offered him a hand to stand up. "The battle is over." She said quietly. "Cass and Leona are gone, to this other realm I suppose, there is nothing I can do for them." Her voice broke at her words, but she forced herself to continue to smile.

"There are a few new ones, let's take a look at them and see if we can help them to get setteled?"

James walked over to Shana, eyes haunted and haggard. He put a hand on her shoulder "You know, I always gave you advice, but right now I think I need some advice", he said as he forced a weak smile. "I... I... I killed." He said as he broke down, falling to his knees and beginning to sob.

Well there it is everyone, take a close look, at the incredibly elusive: Angsty/Traumatized James. It's not often that you see this fellow in the wild.- Steve Irwin.

@Sorana