AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/2/2019 at 5:03 PM, AonEne said:

Why do you think we need to shift how we’ve been handling it? 

I would not consider the way that we have been handling overarching plot optimal.

3. People have been giving input every time, so I don’t think we need to worry about that at all. 

:huh:That has not been my experience... 

4. It has been decided that Voidbringers won’t have singer features, but I appreciate the suggestion.

It was my understanding that the decision was that Voidbringers won’t be singers. It was decided on a long time ago that the Voidbringers would have singer features, and as far as I know nobody’s objected to it.

5. So, about your worldbuilding. They’re not bad ideas; the main problem, in my experience, has been that you are very rigid about it, unwilling to accommodate other ideas or changes, and that you often create this worldbuilding, then insist that it be used. We value everyone’s opinions, and don’t want anyone to feel left out - but people have felt smothered by this in the past. This is why we have used polls to determine what should be canon. 

I see. It seems that the problem may be a different understanding of what counts as final. And, potentially, different ideas about how changes should be proposed.

Lately, you haven’t posted much RP from Draug at all, and a minimal amount from the Voidbringer side. Instead you’ve been primarily debating things OOC. This can be viewed as trying to control the RP without actually participating in it, which I don’t believe is your intention. 

I don’t want you to leave TKND, Xino, and see no reason why you should. Just because we’re trying to be fair about your worldbuilding doesn’t mean you can’t roleplay, and you don’t even need to worldbuild to be in the RP and to have a say in what happens. 

I am not good at writing characters.

23 hours ago, AonEne said:

Do you want to finish the Sheln thing? 

Yes, although I will likely have to rethink how I want things to go...

5 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I can’t find it and it is slowly eating away at my soul

38 minutes ago, Sorana said:

For a second my brain broke and I thought this was a different rp and got really, really excited that Sorana might rp here. Like internal squealing levels. Even though none of my rps don’t have her.

10 hours ago, AonEne said:

Soooorry... I should really let him sleep at some point :P

18 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

"Well," James said with a smile, "I can still use my hand- and to me that's more important than it having color."

“I guess... Just, be careful, ok? Keep an eye out for anything weird.”

Ben got up and stretched.

”I’m gonna go do some research. Please try to get some rest, don’t use the hand too much.”

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

For a second my brain broke and I thought this was a different rp and got really, really excited that Sorana might rp here. Like internal squealing levels. Even though none of my rps don’t have her.

:wub: Thank you so much! That just made my day. :lol:I'm really trying for a Benana scene, but somehow it doesn't really work, they are both so busy with stuff...

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

I would not consider the way that we have been handling overarching plot optimal. 

Why do you have that opinion, and what changes would you make? 

That has not been my experience... 

I’m confused as to what you’re referring to here, since every single poll has gotten votes from most active members, if not all, in the past. 

It was my understanding that the decision was that Voidbringers won’t be singers. It was decided on a long time ago that the Voidbringers would have singer features, and as far as I know nobody’s objected to it. 

The poll said (iirc - I should start screenshotting these) that they wouldn’t have singer features, presumably excluding the red eyes. 

It seems that the problem may be a different understanding of what counts as final. And, potentially, different ideas about how changes should be proposed.

What do you think final means? 

I think our system for proposing changes is fine - all you have to do is suggest it. Not really sure how else you could do it :P 

I am not good at writing characters. 

You’re fine! Besides, the only way to get better is to do it. :D 

Yes, although I will likely have to rethink how I want things to go... 

From my viewpoint, the two easiest courses of action would be for Sheln to be killed or for him to run away like Cassie asked. He could also conceivably keep fighting, but I’d prefer that not to happen as I don’t want to stall the rest of the roleplayers. 

8 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I can’t find it and it is slowly eating away at my soul 

Ha :P where have you been looking 

8 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I should really let him sleep at some point :P 

Yeah...:lol: 

(Sorana, why are you surprised that we know how awesome you are? It’s not a secret. Your awesomeness is very clear.) ;) 

8 minutes ago, AonEne said:

(Sorana, why are you surprised that we know how awesome you are? It’s not a secret. Your awesomeness is very clear.) ;) 

Thank you! :wub: You are great, too. All of you! I really enjoy my time here with you!

(And I don't think of myself as awesome ^_^ I could try to eat more pancakes though.)

Edited by Sorana

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

“I guess... Just, be careful, ok? Keep an eye out for anything weird.”

Ben got up and stretched.

”I’m gonna go do some research. Please try to get some rest, don’t use the hand too much.”

James nodded, "all right," he said, earnestly.

As for the Whole, TKNG thing, I'm planning on RP'ing an older James, so I'd say go all out on what types of investiture we want to include. (Whether that be Radiants, Awakeners, Elantrians, or Metalborn)

On 11/3/2019 at 4:48 PM, I think I am here. said:

[snip]

“But it’s not just a matter of saying it. You have to believe it, beyond anything else, with your heart. Otherwise they are just words.”

And you have to be broken, too, he added silently. And now Ashslyn was part of them too. Broken, and yet, Radiant.

Ashlyn nods, “I’ll think on that. For now I’m going home, snuggle with my cat, and sleep for a year.” She turns and strides off towards her car, which thankfully hadn’t been damaged during the fighting.

19 hours ago, Sorana said:

Bouncing slightly on her feet she moved to the empty space in the middle of the room and waited for him to join her. "So basically you try to get at me, and I try to get at you, and once we're tired we can stop." She distributed her weight evenly between her feet. "You can start it, once you're ready."

Edwin took the bag, Shana seemed to be trying to reassure him, and he was grateful, but these things looked like they would hurt. For now he put them aside, Stormlight or not, it would be better to avoid blood, probably. Though she was the strongest among them, so he didn't discard needing the crystals later.

You try to get at her and she tries to get at you? Alright, easy enough. Edwin followed Shana to the middle of the room ad gripped the training weapon with both hands. "Alright then." he said and stood there for a moment, before charging and swinging diagonally towards her.

Even though he told himself he could go all out, that for her it would be like fighting with a kid anyway, the swing ended up being weak, even for him. Training or not, it was hard to try and willfully hit a friend.

So in TKNG could we rp our old characters and a new one? That would be fun, and a little chaotic but in a good way. Since so far TKNP is the one with less characters, there would be another nice pattern there.

12 hours ago, Aragorn said:

Nym wasn't really reading, she could tell Evelyn was doing the same.  Though the book was good, she just didn't want to think, to go into that state where you're not really processing anything.  Nym kept shifting her weight, she wanted to be moving, but Evelyn needed the company.  At least, that's what she told herself.

Evelyn turned a page in the random book she'd picked up, not having read any of it. The action was mainly just to make Nym think that she was fine and reading. She stared at the page for a few more seconds, then looked up to see if Nym had noticed. Apparently she hadn't.

Nym was still staring intently at her own book, and kept shifting her weight around like she wanted to move.

"Look," Evelyn said, putting her book down, "Do you want to do something else? If I'm being honest, then I'm not exactly in the best frame of mind for reading. Since you're staying her, I could help you find a room for tonight if you want. Or we could train, or . . ." she shrugged, unable to think of anything else.

32 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

So in TKNG could we rp our old characters and a new one? That would be fun, and a little chaotic but in a good way. Since so far TKNP is the one with less characters, there would be another nice pattern there. 

We’ll just have more characters as more time goes on :P 

Yes, you can RP old and new. 

1 hour ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Ashlyn nods, “I’ll think on that. For now I’m going home, snuggle with my cat, and sleep for a year.” She turns and strides off towards her car, which thankfully hadn’t been damaged during the fighting.

“You, you have a cat?” Rob called out after her, then chided himself for the voice raising. No one knew he liked cats. Best to keep it that way.

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“You, you have a cat?” Rob called out after her, then chided himself for the voice raising. No one knew he liked cats. Best to keep it that way.

She turns, walking backwards, "Yeah, you want to come meet her? I can drive you back here after."

1 hour ago, Hope Spren said:

Evelyn turned a page in the random book she'd picked up, not having read any of it. The action was mainly just to make Nym think that she was fine and reading. She stared at the page for a few more seconds, then looked up to see if Nym had noticed. Apparently she hadn't.

Nym was still staring intently at her own book, and kept shifting her weight around like she wanted to move.

"Look," Evelyn said, putting her book down, "Do you want to do something else? If I'm being honest, then I'm not exactly in the best frame of mind for reading. Since you're staying her, I could help you find a room for tonight if you want. Or we could train, or . . ." she shrugged, unable to think of anything else.

"That'd be great."  Nym said, not sure which one she was reffering to, she finally decided on one, "Training I guess?  I just barely spoke the third Ideal and am wondering what I can do."  She called Lopen to her, not caring where he had gone, and stood up. @Hope Spren

4 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Even though he told himself he could go all out, that for her it would be like fighting with a kid anyway, the swing ended up being weak, even for him. Training or not, it was hard to try and willfully hit a friend.

Shana lowered her weapon, accepted the blow on her arm, without moving out of its way. It hurt, but it was only a dull pain without the sharp cut to it, that spoke of a severe injury. She lifted her arm, showed him, that no damage was done, and and then changed her grip on her staff. "I'm sure you can do better than that." Her voice was calm when she concentrated on the fight, on the movements, on her body. She liked it, liked to move, a fight was like a dance, and one she greatly enjoyed.

"Don't be worried. I suspect that I can parry most of your attacks. If you have to fight for a friend's life, you have to know what you do. You won't learn that by going easy on me." She tried to reassure him, but knew, that if he didn't want to, then she wouldn't force him. "It's up to you. I am fine with a slower pace." She added softly, wished that he would stay. She rested her eyes on that point between chin and chest and swung her weapon at his legs. She made sure that he could see her blow coming, but moved fast enough that he would have to move and react, if he wanted to avoid getting hit.

8 hours ago, Blessing of Potency said:

She turns, walking backwards, "Yeah, you want to come meet her? I can drive you back here after."

Rob paused, considering. A cat. A soft cat. But he returned to his senses, realised where he was. His backyard, right above a sea of corpses. The house needed him. Maybe in calmer times, he’d say yes, but no. Not when they were just recovering from an invasion. He shook his head.

“It’s alright,” he said. “Maybe another time. Or you could bring them here. That would be nice.” He left it at that and waved at her.

“I’ll see you later,” he said, slowly turning and walking back to the main house.

14 hours ago, Aragorn said:

"That'd be great."  Nym said, not sure which one she was reffering to, she finally decided on one, "Training I guess?  I just barely spoke the third Ideal and am wondering what I can do."  She called Lopen to her, not caring where he had gone, and stood up.

"You swore an idea during the battle? Congrats. I'd be happy to help you figure out what you can do." Evelyn stood, and the ache in her back that had been growing steadily worse suddenly flared. She winced and sat carefully back down on the arm of the couch for a moment. "I think there's something I need to do first, though. Also, I probably wouldn't be the most help in a sparring match. I'm not very good with offensive aons or weapons."

4 hours ago, Hope Spren said:

"You swore an idea during the battle? Congrats. I'd be happy to help you figure out what you can do." Evelyn stood, and the ache in her back that had been growing steadily worse suddenly flared. She winced and sat carefully back down on the arm of the couch for a moment. "I think there's something I need to do first, though. Also, I probably wouldn't be the most help in a sparring match. I'm not very good with offensive aons or weapons."

"Thanks."  Nym noticed that Evelyn was flinching, but took nothing of it.  "I think I saw the training room on my way in.  I'll be back soon, maybe?"  She wasn't sure as to how long she was going to take.  Mmm... I get to turn into things.... Lopen said.  Nym made her way to the room.  She noticed two other people sparring and said, a little hesitantly, "Mind if I join?"  She summoned Lopen as a Lopenrapier, and approached them.  @Sorana @Eluvianii

21 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Don't be worried. I suspect that I can parry most of your attacks. If you have to fight for a friend's life, you have to know what you do. You won't learn that by going easy on me." She tried to reassure him, but knew, that if he didn't want to, then she wouldn't force him. "It's up to you. I am fine with a slower pace." She added softly, wished that he would stay. She rested her eyes on that point between chin and chest and swung her weapon at his legs. She made sure that he could see her blow coming, but moved fast enough that he would have to move and react, if he wanted to avoid getting hit.

Edwin thought about Shana's words. If he had to fight for a friend's life? Of course. It wasn't only about catching up with the rest, it was about protecting them too, as they would protect him if there was the need, which he knew all too well would come again.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right." he took a deep breath. "Let me try again."

He took a step back and gripped the weapon once again. He had a little idea suddenly. The Cohesion of a First Ideal didn't allow for much, but maybe it wasn't necessary, if he could replicate what he did last night perhaps...

Edwin took a few more steps back and looked at Shana for a moment before starting running towards her. He needed a contact point with the ground but hopefully his feet would be enough. Concentrating on the area below Shana, he tried to make a little concrete pool beneath her left foot, hoping to make her lose balance. Then immediately he swung the weapon upwards without having time to even know if the trick had worked.

5 hours ago, Aragorn said:

"Thanks."  Nym noticed that Evelyn was flinching, but took nothing of it.  "I think I saw the training room on my way in.  I'll be back soon, maybe?"  She wasn't sure as to how long she was going to take.  Mmm... I get to turn into things.... Lopen said.  Nym made her way to the room.  She noticed two other people sparring and said, a little hesitantly, "Mind if I join?"  She summoned Lopen as a Lopenrapier, and approached them.  @Sorana @Eluvianii

Sorry, I really wanted to try that but he'll notice you as soon as the move is resolved.

Edited by Eluvianii

2 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Edwin took a few more steps back and looked at Shana for a moment before starting running towards her. He needed a contact point with the ground but hopefully his feet would be enough. Concentrating on the area below Shana, he tried to make a little concrete pool beneath her left foot, hoping to make her lose balance. Then immediately he swung the weapon upwards without having time to even know if the trick had worked.

The new girl, Nym she thought entered the training room, just as Edwin attacked again. Shana concentrated on the attack, shifted her weight to be able to move out of his path, when he left foot lost its footing. Water covered it, cool and soft and she jerked back, lost her balance when she could only think of getting away. Fear crossed her face, and she barely managed to soften his blow, when it hit her own staff and knocked both of them straight into her chin. It hurt, and she tasted blood on her tongue, but at least she was away from the water.

Instinct had her react, instead of stopping the fight and talking to Nym. Her heart was still beating fast, and she wasn't really thinking, acting was easier, especially when it came to water. Immediatly she adjusted the grip on her weapon and aimed for his shoulder, then changed course at the last second, using the lower end of her weapon instead aiming at his hip. She went for speed instead of a hard blow, she didn't want to hurt him.

======================

Mahad left the room when Nym arrived, knew that Shana didn't need him. He zipped through the house until he found Rob and then flew in quick circles around him. "Cup?" He asked. "Do you want to play?" He was bored, disappointed that they hadn't found a different shiny and beautiful thing earlier. "We could ask Glint as well, if you want to?"

@I think I am here.

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mahad left the room when Nym arrived, knew that Shana didn't need him. He zipped through the house until he found Rob and then flew in quick circles around him. "Cup?" He asked. "Do you want to play?" He was bored, disappointed that they hadn't found a different shiny and beautiful thing earlier. "We could ask Glint as well, if you want to?"

Rob continued walking, sitting back onto the couch. He glanced at the spren and rolled his sleeve back slightly, where Cup sat, looking wide-eyed at Mahad. She flickered in her glow, stepped forward a little bit.

“Playing would be nice,” she said quietly. She hadn’t played with anyone before. Except maybe Rob. She paused, and then wilted, looking down. “I can’t fly, though.”