AonEne

Nym turned, something had caught her eye, and saw three voidbringers coming towards her.  "Umm... GUYS?"  She yelled that last part. She went into the house and simply said, "Voidbringers." @AonEne @Lunamor @Wyndlerunner @Eluvianii @Sorana @ShadowLord_Lith @Sherlock Holmes @anyone

Edited by Aragorn

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Aragorn said:

Nym turned, something had caught her eye, and saw three voidbringers coming towards her.  "Umm... GUYS?"  She yelled that last part. She went into the house and simply said, "Voidbringers." @AonEne @Lunamor @Wyndlerunner @Eluvianii @Sorana. @anyone

Shana jumped to her feet, grabbed her weapon and stormed out towards the door Nym had just come into. Now. At the wedding party.

She felt cold when she looked at them, realized that she would have to kill again. Mahad settled on her shoulder, coin forgotten for the moment and she took a deep breath. They were coming. But they had a few moments to prepare left.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:00 AM, AonEne said:

And if they attack during the wedding party, I riot. :P

Just kidding, what I'll actually do is fight them. This is why our Radiants can't have nice things ;)

"Voidbringers." It was one word, and it upended Cassie's entire world. They were here? Here, here? They know where the house is. They know where we storming live. She stared at Nym for a minute, then hissed out a breath.

One heartbeat later she was out the door, Joyblade in hand, fiercely not thinking about the lightspren, and at Shana's side. "Three of them," she said softly. "Go for the rightmost together on three?"

@Sorana

He was just worried since she was the first person that age arriving to the house, I didn't think this would happen again :o

Edwin looked back at the three figures. They were definetely coming to the house and those red eyes were unmistakable. He ran back inside, his mind still trying to process what was going on. Of course they would attack again, last night they had failed but that didn't mean they had given up. He felt terrible for being worried about the world finding out, he had been so clouded by that that he had forgotten the original problem. The real problem.

Now they had to fight again. What little Cohesion he could use wouldn't do much, he needed a weapon. They had weapons in the house, for now his only option was to get one, even if it meant losing time.

Ben lurched to his feet and immediately ran for the nearest supply of spheres. He scooped up several bags of them, enough to last each Radiant for quite a while. He then took up position near the door, where people would have easy access to the stormlight and his healing. He would be useless in the fight- this was the only remotely helpful thing he could do. He had learned that the hard way yesterday. He resisted the urge to suck in some stormlight to help with his nervousness and lingering exhaustion. Wasting it like that was not something that they could afford at the moment.

10 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Nym turned, something had caught her eye, and saw three voidbringers coming towards her.  "Umm... GUYS?"  She yelled that last part. She went into the house and simply said, "Voidbringers." @AonEne @Lunamor @Wyndlerunner @Eluvianii @Sorana @ShadowLord_Lith @Sherlock Holmes @anyone

Evelyn was just wondering where Nym had gone when she heard the shout. She jumped at the sound, dropping the book she'd been reading and racing downstairs. There, she saw Nym, standing in the living room, and Cassie and Shana running outside. She followed them to the door, trying to see what was going on outside.

It was easy to see. Voidbringers. At the sight of them, red eyes seeming unnaturally large and bright, all strength left her. Evelyn sagged against the door frame, fer vision growing darker, pain beginning to bloom once more in her back, as the same scene began to flash through her mind once again. The not-light flashing, the pain - No. She couldn't relive this again. Not right now. Voidbringers were attacking.

Her fingers tightened on the door frame as she forced the pain and memory away. Then, she ever so carefully pushed herself away from her support and let go. She'd need her hands if she wanted to help.

"What can I do?"

4 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

"What can I do?"

"Go see if others are coming around the back to surround us," Cassie called back, warily eyeing the three advancing Voidbringers. One was darting in the air, glowing with Voidlight, and two others moved by land, one sliding and one running too-quick.

Just now, AonEne said:

"Go see if others are coming around the back to surround us," Cassie called back, warily eyeing the three advancing Voidbringers. One was darting in the air, glowing with Voidlight, and two others moved by land, one sliding and one running too-quick.

Evelyn nodded and started for the back of the house, trying to move quickly.

6 hours ago, AonEne said:

One heartbeat later she was out the door, Joyblade in hand, fiercely not thinking about the lightspren, and at Shana's side. "Three of them," she said softly. "Go for the rightmost together on three?"

Shana nodded, judged the way Cassie held her blade and quickly moved to her other side. Better if they didn't cut themselves up while they attacked and gave her a curt nod. It would leave them in the middle of all three, but if the were fast, cut down the first, then they could turn to the sides, stand back to back and each face a second one. It could work.

"One." She shifted her weight, bend her knees slightly. This was what she'd needed. To take her weapon and smash something to pieces.

"Two." Shana inhaled, the stormlight like a fist to her stomach a wild glorious fist she readily embraced.

"Three." Shana rushed forwards.

Jace blinked at the sudden movement of people running this way and that, and one word got stuck in his head. Voidbringers... Again. And tonight of all nights? No, that was... he refused to let those stupid jerk ruin not only the best night of most of his friends high-school careers, but his wedding night... He knew martial arts, and he gripped Ax's hand as he looked at the doors. "Love, I'm going to go murder something if I go out that door. Should I go?" He subconsciously tried to breath in starlight, managing and not even realizing it. Not much, since there weren't many in the immediate area around them, but... he did it. 

@Sherlock Holmes

He nodded, setting his taco down gently before taking Ax's hand and heading outside. "Let's do it then." He trembled in anger, knowing that his and Ax's suits would likely get ruined... He didn't really care, honestly. He was more furious that the voidbringers were here. He took in the situation outside, trying to figure out how to help without getting in the way. 

Nym was ready to lend a hand if things got ugly with Cassie and Shana but, they seemed to handle themselves pretty well out there.  Until a solitary Voidbringer turned his attention on her.  She knew, she wasn't getting out of this fight.  He charged, she dodged, barely, and rolled to the side.  She had just enough time to get out one of the daggers that she carried around everywhere but, once she got it out, she was hit in the stomach, she now had broken ribs to deal with, great.  She made her attack, she sighted and threw, her aim was off but, she got him with a solid blow to the arm.  He charged again, and landed a glancing blow to her side.  She stumbled and, fell.  And, just like that, the Voidbringer was coming again. Lopen watched all of this and said, say the words, Nym!  Nym weakly said, "I will protect anyonye, even people I don't know, so long as it is right."  With that, and a burst of light, she summoned Lopenblade, and rammed it into the Voidbringer.  Killing it.

@AonEne @Lunamor @Wyndlerunner @Eluvianii @Sorana @ShadowLord_Lith @Sherlock Holmes @anyone

Edited by Aragorn

Had to write a complete new post as Aragorn changed their post's ending.

Then realized that Itiah reacted to my post, so I had to improvise a little.

Shana felt alive, the stormlight inside of her a welcome firestorm, her movements quick and secure. She arrived at the Voidbringer and lifted her two-bladed staff, slammed it deep into the side of the Voidbringer. The Voidbringer hissed in response and slashed at her arm. Shana easily accepted the blow, felt the blood run down her arm. It left her in a perfect position to trap the Voidbringer between her at Cass, and she -

A blade stabbed her from behind and she screamed in pain. Blood ran down her side when the Voidbringer turned the handle of his knife around and pain seared through her, black spots dancing in front of her eyes. A hand reached out for her should, clomped down painfully. It closed around her throat and she instinctively reached out for it, tried to pry it away from her throat. The stormlight added to her strength and she tried to get it off, but she was too weak. She was fifteen, and the Voidbringer was a fully grown man. Gasping for air she reached for the storm inside and closed her fingers around the hand suffocating her.

She reached for the storm, for her fear and fury for the fire spurning her on, heard Rob scream again, her own screams unhearable due to missing air and she pushed it all over. The hand glowed in an eeried reddish blue light, when she ripped the body apart, when she turned it into nithing but a pile of charred bones on the ground behind her.

Blood continued to run down her back and leg, but she was able to breathe again and so she did, gasped for air although her throat seemed to be aflame.

Edited by Sorana
Aragorn edited the ending of their post.

Rob stood up and the world blurred as the conflict began. It was always like this, a pleasant moment interrupted by duty. By the demons they were obligated by Honour to remove. It was amusing, they had just been talking about security in case the Voidbringers appeared. What was decidedly not amusing was the ruined party.

Breathing in stormlight he walked forward and watched the battle unfold. He watched the woman who’d called out in warning obliterate one, swearing an Ideal, and he watched Shana incinerate one. Stepping beside her Rob looked at the final Voidbringer. One Voidbringer against a houseful of Radiants was bad odds, storms, it was terrible odds.

“We should capture it,” he told the group. “Interrogate it, like in those FBI shows. It might give us more information than killing it straight away.” It, the Voidbringers were always it. It hurt a little inside whenever Rob acknowledged they were people too, just one who had strayed onto the wrong path.

6 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Nym stood up and looking at Lopenblade, she simply said, "Cool."  To Rob she said, "Really?  Is that such a good idea?"

Rob answered her look with a blank stare.

“We are fifteen radiants against one Voidbringer. We have seen worse odds.” And the loop of being attacked, responding, killing some Voidbringers and watching the rest retreat for another day had become standard. No new information had been gathered, they were in the same place as they had started, always ripe to be attacked again. So why not scour one Voidbringer for information?

Just now, I think I am here. said:

“We are fifteen radiants against one Voidbringer. We have seen worse odds.” And the loop of being attacked, responding, killing some Voidbringers and watching the rest retreat for another day had become standard. No new information had been gathered, they were in the same place as they had started, always ripe to be attacked again. So why not scour one Voidbringer for information?

"Yes, but to have a Voidbringer in the house?  Others will surely come for it." Nym said. "Do we want more Voidbringers then we can handle?"

4 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Shana shot him a quick smile, looked at the hurt Voidbringer. "Capturing sounds great." She agreed, tried to forget the fact, that she'd just killed another human.

She pointed at the ground. "Go ahead. I will cover you, and slicken his feet and legs."

Without looking away from the Voidbringer she added for Nym. "They are human. Influenced but human. We have to try to find a way to undo this."

@Aragorn

Edited by Sorana

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Shana shot him a quick smile, looked at the hurt Voidbringer. "Capturing sounds great." She agreed, tried to forget the fact, that she'd just killed another human.

She pointed at the ground. "Go ahead. I will cover you, and slicken his feet and legs."

Nym shrugged, so they were going to do this.  Why not join in?  "And me?" Nym asked.

Jace stepped outside, seeing everything. He grimaced, upset that he'd missed most of the fight. He hadn't been able to do anything... just like when those doctors had tried to 'cure' him... He glared at the final void bringer, furious. If these things didn't exist, he'd probably have known- the radiants might have found him before those doctors did, and he wouldn't have had to suffer. It was the void bringers fault... He ignored the stupidity of the idea got ignored for now as he lashed out at the thing- trying to make it suffer as much as he had. Maybe then they could get the thing... What he didn't expect to happen was light rushing out out of him as he grunted with the mental effort of trying to do whatever Lightweavers did and force the void bringer through what he'd seen, and what he'd heard. Light formed around the void bringer on all sides, not overly much, but enough. It didn't touch the thing, which he somehow knew it couldn't do, but... he could make it experience the light and the sound he'd seen and heard. Inside the odd bubble of light, mind-breaking flashes of light and blackness and color and seemingly impossible distortions of reality flared- visible only to the void bringer by intentional design. What he couldn't quite block from the others was the screams of agony the light also made. Every tortured scream of pain, every plea and sob he'd made during those days in the psyche wards... all of them played together in one potentially endless, looping cacophony that was impossible to quite understand. The whole thing vanished shortly after, the starlight not lasting long, but he was certain the that the void bringer would be dazed by it. Those memories were all still so real, if he let himself think about them...

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

Ax stood next to Jace, unsure what to do. He was useless with this sort of thing, really. Everyone he knew here had had horrible traumas and he was... what? An orphan. That was it. He didn't know how to fight and he relied on his small, submissive boyfriend-- no, husband-- to protect him. Useless. I can't even decide how I want to spend my life.