AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

As Rob walked over to Ben, he wondered how many of the famous people in the world had been surgebinders.

“Enjoying the book?” He asked, pulling across a beanbag and sitting down. Small-talk had always been his greatest weakness.

“Hm?”

Ben looked up from his book to see that it was Rob who was talking to him.

”Yeah, it’s pretty good.”

He paused, unsure what to say next. He was terrible at small talk. Glint kept on suggesting the strangest topics of conversation- he was incredibly insistent that he say something about the effects of bananas on a duck’s digestive system, for some reason. 

“So Jace and Ax just got married, huh? That’s great.”

Ben internally winced at his awful attempt at talking with Rob. He desperately wanted to get to know him better. They hadn’t talked all that much, but he knew that Rob was a really good person and he was important to Shana.

53 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“So Jace and Ax just got married, huh? That’s great.”

Ben internally winced at his awful attempt at talking with Rob. He desperately wanted to get to know him better. They hadn’t talked all that much, but he knew that Rob was a really good person and he was important to Shana.

Rob nodded. “It is pretty great.”

He paused, thinking of what to say next. It seemed Ben was as bad at idle conversation as Rob was, which was somewhat relieving. He hadn’t talked to Ben much, in fact, it seemed his main connection to him was through Shana. But even Rob at least knew that it never hurt to make new friends. Or, at least, try to.

“I wonder if anyone’s going to make a speech,” he said.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“I wonder if anyone’s going to make a speech,” he said.

Okay so for some reason my brain’s reaction to this is to go: 

Radiants - and Jamie and Evelyn, (Stormfather rumbles in a snooty way) we are gathered here today to witness a special union between two VOIDBRINGERS AHHHHH VOIDBRINGERS ARE ATTACKING QUICK SUMMON YOUR BLADES AND FIGHT men who have, against all odds, been together through STORM IT, JAMES, STOP TRYING TO SUMMON ME AS A SWORD TO FIGHT THE EVIL MONSTERS, I’M TRYING TO HAVE A SPEECH HERE rainbow hair and missed proms. 

Just...just go with it. 

On 10/17/2019 at 10:04 AM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace grinned. "Thank you, love. C'mon! Let's go!" He pulled Ax gently to the door, then tried leading him to the motorcycle and getting everything situated. He hoped Ax had followed him at least...

@Sherlock Holmes

Sorry I've been gone for a while, guys. I've been fairly busy and more lazy than that, and I was just on a vacation in Seattle.

So... the first two times I tried to write up a post, it deleted itself. Thankfully, I had just started the second time.

Ax did not follow Jace, and got his motorcycling stuff on: gloves, jacket, and helmet, then stood in front of the mirror in their apartment and checked himself out. He made finger-guns at himself, even though the helmet made his head look ridiculous. He did look cool, though, especially with his okay-fancy clothes on underneath the gear. He smiled at his reflection, then grabbed Jace's gear and started walking to the door, looking at how cute the stuff was, though he knew he only thought it was cute because it was Jace's. Maybe I should save up and get a side-car on the motorcycle, he thought without his brain warning him first. For the dog.

He paused, closing his eyes and envisioning his perfect dog: a big, graceful German Shepherd-Alaskan Husky with long, thick fur and boundless energy. He grinned, thinking of a dog like that riding with him next to his motorcycle. Jace would want to name her Fluffy or something cute like that, but I think... Liebla. That's kind of like Liebling... Imagine that, a huge adorable dog named Liebla riding with me and Jace next to the bike. That would be so, so cool... It was a shame that it was impossible. For the next fifteen years, at least. He sighed. The Air Force. 

He'd told himself that he'd join the Air Force ever since he'd been fourteen. He'd participated in charities, volunteered, and studied his eyes off, just so he could go to boot camp, and then, the Air Force Academy to become a pilot. He'd always loved flying; the exhilaration of take-offs and landings, the sight of clouds passing by, and the sheer speed of it all, that was what he'd always yearned for. His adopted dad's father had told him about it one night on the way back from a laid-back country concert, and he'd wanted to learn more. So he'd researched and started his efforts towards becoming one of the amazing pilots who defended their nation in the sky. 

It was only later that he'd considered that he'd have to leave everything behind to become one. He'd rarely be able to go home and see his family, and his entire life for fourteen years would be dedicated to it. By the time he was out, he'd be in his thirties at the least, the days his friends had used to party and grow up gone in a cloud of responsibility. He wouldn't have minded that, though. He'd never been one for the rowdiness and wild lives all the people he'd known in middle and high school had desired. He'd only ever wanted to have something to do, a goal, and the Air Force had become that. 

And then... Jace. 

Jace had appeared, and taken all that away. Suddenly, he had someone to look forward to seeing at school, someone who was always there for him, someone he could love. Jace had inspired him to start working out again, and to believe in himself and have self-confidence. It was because of Jace that Ax had redoubled his efforts of becoming as fit as he could for the military, becoming an excellent climber, a volunteer for charities, and a better person all-around. He'd planned to apply for boot camp the summer before his senior year. 

But... when the time had come, he couldn't. He had woken up the day he had been going to talk to one of the guys at the recruitment center in town, and had found Jace laying there next to him, adorable and innocent. And it was then that Ax had broken down and decided that he couldn't do it, that he couldn't let Jace be alone. Yet.

The time was swiftly approaching that he would have to go, if he was ever going to go. The military was more willing to accept young people, after all. He didn't know that he could do it, though. He wanted to spend the rest of his life alongside Jace, working through whatever problems they had, not in military bases around the world, alone and cold. He wanted Liebla. 

Ax sighed and pushed open the door of his and Jace's apartment, heading down the stairs and to his bike parked in the lot. He saw Jace and his heart swelled as he broke into a grin. So cute... He sped up into a jog and held out Jace's gear once he'd gotten to him, worries forgotten for the moment. Jace did that to him a lot of the time. "Hey, you ready?" he asked, still grinning. 

7 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:
Spoiler

Ax did not follow Jace, and got his motorcycling stuff on: gloves, jacket, and helmet, then stood in front of the mirror in their apartment and checked himself out. He made finger-guns at himself, even though the helmet made his head look ridiculous. He did look cool, though, especially with his okay-fancy clothes on underneath the gear. He smiled at his reflection, then grabbed Jace's gear and started walking to the door, looking at how cute the stuff was, though he knew he only thought it was cute because it was Jace's. Maybe I should save up and get a side-car on the motorcycle, he thought without his brain warning him first. For the dog.

He paused, closing his eyes and envisioning his perfect dog: a big, graceful German Shepherd-Alaskan Husky with long, thick fur and boundless energy. He grinned, thinking of a dog like that riding with him next to his motorcycle. Jace would want to name her Fluffy or something cute like that, but I think... Liebla. That's kind of like Liebling... Imagine that, a huge adorable dog named Liebla riding with me and Jace next to the bike. That would be so, so cool... It was a shame that it was impossible. For the next fifteen years, at least. He sighed. The Air Force. 

He'd told himself that he'd join the Air Force ever since he'd been fourteen. He'd participated in charities, volunteered, and studied his eyes off, just so he could go to boot camp, and then, the Air Force Academy to become a pilot. He'd always loved flying; the exhilaration of take-offs and landings, the sight of clouds passing by, and the sheer speed of it all, that was what he'd always yearned for. His adopted dad's father had told him about it one night on the way back from a laid-back country concert, and he'd wanted to learn more. So he'd researched and started his efforts towards becoming one of the amazing pilots who defended their nation in the sky. 

It was only later that he'd considered that he'd have to leave everything behind to become one. He'd rarely be able to go home and see his family, and his entire life for fourteen years would be dedicated to it. By the time he was out, he'd be in his thirties at the least, the days his friends had used to party and grow up gone in a cloud of responsibility. He wouldn't have minded that, though. He'd never been one for the rowdiness and wild lives all the people he'd known in middle and high school had desired. He'd only ever wanted to have something to do, a goal, and the Air Force had become that. 

And then... Jace. 

Jace had appeared, and taken all that away. Suddenly, he had someone to look forward to seeing at school, someone who was always there for him, someone he could love. Jace had inspired him to start working out again, and to believe in himself and have self-confidence. It was because of Jace that Ax had redoubled his efforts of becoming as fit as he could for the military, becoming an excellent climber, a volunteer for charities, and a better person all-around. He'd planned to apply for boot camp the summer before his senior year. 

But... when the time had come, he couldn't. He had woken up the day he had been going to talk to one of the guys at the recruitment center in town, and had found Jace laying there next to him, adorable and innocent. And it was then that Ax had broken down and decided that he couldn't do it, that he couldn't let Jace be alone. Yet.

The time was swiftly approaching that he would have to go, if he was ever going to go. The military was more willing to accept young people, after all. He didn't know that he could do it, though. He wanted to spend the rest of his life alongside Jace, working through whatever problems they had, not in military bases around the world, alone and cold. He wanted Liebla. 

Ax sighed and pushed open the door of his and Jace's apartment, heading down the stairs and to his bike parked in the lot. He saw Jace and his heart swelled as he broke into a grin. So cute... He sped up into a jog and held out Jace's gear once he'd gotten to him, worries forgotten for the moment. Jace did that to him a lot of the time. "Hey, you ready?" he asked, still grinning. 

Jace paused, blushing and chuckling in mild embarrassment as he realized what he'd forgotten. He took the gear and put it on, smiling up at Ax. "Yeah, I'm ready. Come on, let's go celebrate with our friends, alright? I heard there'll be cake~..." He grinned, getting on the back of the bike. 

4 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace paused, blushing and chuckling in mild embarrassment as he realized what he'd forgotten. He took the gear and put it on, smiling up at Ax. "Yeah, I'm ready. Come on, let's go celebrate with our friends, alright? I heard there'll be cake~..." He grinned, getting on the back of the bike. 

Ax got on the front and waited for Jace to get himself secure, then started the bike and rode out of the parking lot, then sped up on the street, his helmet's wind shield up to let him enjoy the breeze. He watched the streets, subconsciously a little more cautious now that he had his husband on the back of the bike. He got to Doc's in good time and parked the bike in front, then waited for Jace to get off, excited and nervous tension building up in his chest.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

Jace grinned, hopping off with Ax and grabbing the gifts he had. One for Ax, one for Shana, and then just his extra copies of the certificate to show people. He was excited, grabbing Ax's hand and all-but skipping up to the front door. Then he knocked. It was an extravagant enough series of almost musical knocks that it would be unmistakably Jace. He was enough of an art and drama nerd to warrant that. 

@Sherlock Holmes

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

8 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace grinned, hopping off with Ax and grabbing the gifts he had. One for Ax, one for Shana, and then just his extra copies of the certificate to show people. He was excited, grabbing Ax's hand and all-but skipping up to the front door. Then he knocked. It was an extravagant enough series of almost musical knocks that it would be unmistakably Jace. He was enough of an art and drama nerd to warrant that. 

@Sherlock Holmes

Ax gathered up the gifts he'd brought, having got a lot of general gifts since he didn't know that many people in the house too well. It was uncomfortable for him that he'd lived there for a while, but hadn't ever interacted with anyone that much. Always doing something... volunteering or studying, or just trying to get away from the stress for a while. Didn't ever make time for anyone but my family and Jace... He sighed, wishing that he'd managed to do that somehow. He walked toward the house, bracing himself for the stress that would start to rip him up the second he got inside.

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Ax gathered up the gifts he'd brought, having got a lot of general gifts since he didn't know that many people in the house too well. It was uncomfortable for him that he'd lived there for a while, but hadn't ever interacted with anyone that much. Always doing something... volunteering or studying, or just trying to get away from the stress for a while. Didn't ever make time for anyone but my family and Jace... He sighed, wishing that he'd managed to do that somehow. He walked toward the house, bracing himself for the stress that would start to rip him up the second he got inside.

Jace took Ax's hand as he waited, smiling happily and waiting for the door to open. He hoped he could help make this party a really good one for Ax. He wanted it to be a good memory at least.

Just now, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace took Ax's hand as he waited, smiling happily and waiting for the door to open. He hoped he could help make this party a really good one for Ax. He wanted it to be a good memory at least.

Ax smiled nervously at Jace, his eyes worried. At least he had Jace here, so he had someone to follow around. He just hoped Jace didn't get anxious, because then they'd both be having a break-down in the middle of their own wedding party.

Jace smiled back up at him, not a hint of worry or doubt in his eyes. He was just happy and excited. Any worry he had was shoved deep down inside of himself, and he didn't let it come out to see light. 

@Sorana

@AonEne

@I think I am here.

@Sherlock Holmes

2 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace smiled back up at him, not a hint of worry or doubt in his eyes. He was just happy and excited. Any worry he had was shoved deep down inside of himself, and he didn't let it come out to see light. 

@Sorana

@AonEne

@I think I am here.

@Sherlock Holmes

Shana rounded the house and saw Jace and Ax waiting at the front door. She felt stupid when she saw their festive cloths, tried to brush at least some leaves of her pants, noticed a new stain on her shirt.

"You're here." She said somewhat unintelligently, irritated that they'd shown up in these cloths, when they'd asked after a party, not a wedding celebration. You haven't been invited. A small voice reminded her again and she grimaced.

Awkwardly she stuffed her hands into her pockets, "Well, congratulations, I think? Food and music is inside."

Jace turned and saw Shana, grinning. "Hey! It's so good to see you, I've been waiting to give you this since we talked earlier." He let go of Ax's hand, setting down the gifts he was holding except one. He hurried over and held it out to her, looking like he was about to experience christmas. Not as excited or happy as he had been earlier today, but still some pretty good feelings. 

@Sorana

Shana took the present and looked at it silently. "I don't earn that." She said shook her head, feeling sad that he'd gotten her a present on his wedding day, when she hadn't even gotten one for him. Wordlessly she opened the door, unsure whether to unwrap the present right now or not. She felt raw by his kindness, forced a smile on her face. "Come on inside?"

He smiled. "Sure, but... well, I got you that because I remembered that you said your dress got ruined last night during the fight. you sounded like it was really important to you, and I didn't want you to be so sad, so... I'm sorry this one isn't exactly the same, but it is similar. A little more sparkly, and a little more lacy, but... I hope you still like it." He hugged her, smiling. He'd even managed to get the colors mostly the same. He then let go and smiled at her. "Was the party hard to set up? I really hope I didn't stress you out, and... is it formal or casual? I kind of just wore my tux, since I figured me and Ax would look good together in pictures if we were all fancy, but... I have no idea what you guys have planned." He smiled, showing a tiny bit of nervousness on his face, but staying mostly happy and positive. He assumed that the party was just for whoever wanted to come. He had no idea she thought she needed to be invited. He also had no idea that she thought he hadn't invited her to his wedding. If she asked, it could lead to a lot of these misunderstandings getting cleared up. 

@Sorana

Shana nodded and wordlessly unwrapped the package, gently brushed her fingers over the lace. "It's beautiful." She replied and hugged him gratefully, carefully hung the dress on a door to make sure it didn't get wrinkles from lying around. "Thank you so much."

"It's just a party." She look at her feet. "Most of us just dressed normally, we've gotten some decorations and Evelyn cooked with Cass, I think. Edwin got some sweets, there are some flowers, candles, but it's nothing special."

"I'm sorry, you asked after a party, so I organized a party with music and baloons. If you'd wanted something more wedding like, I'm sorry, I didn't know." She ran a hand through her hair in a helpless gesture. "It were only a few hours, so I, I'm sorry if you don't like it."

10 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

He assumed that the party was just for whoever wanted to come. He had no idea she thought she needed to be invited. He also had no idea that she thought he hadn't invited her to his wedding. If she asked, it could lead to a lot of these misunderstandings getting cleared up. 

Not Shana's style to adress these things openly. ^_^

Edited by Sorana

That's fine- I think this gives me enough to work with. 

Jace grinned up at James. "Thank you. " He looked back at Shana and smiled sheepishly. "That actually sounds perfect. I was kind of hoping it wasn't super formal. I mean, neither of us really like huge impractical events- we even just went to the justice of peace and signed the marriage documents- so something simple like this is perfect. Thank you." He hugged her again,  letting go and grinning back at Ax. "He looks incredible tonight... don't you think?" His eyes shone with happiness, and he was very content and happy. 

@Wyndlerunner

@Sorana

2 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace grinned up at James. "Thank you. " He looked back at Shana and smiled sheepishly. "That actually sounds perfect. I was kind of hoping it wasn't super formal. I mean, neither of us really like huge impractical events- we even just went to the justice of peace and signed the marriage documents- so something simple like this is perfect. Thank you." He hugged her again,  letting go and grinning back at Ax. "He looks incredible tonight... don't you think?" His eyes shone with happiness, and he was very content and happy. 

@Wyndlerunner

@Sorana

James smiled warmly, "I agree wholeheartedly"