AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shana nodded, relaxed a bit when she heard his description of the wedding. Just signed a document.

"Well, that's your party." She repeated a bit weakly and used her mobile to start the music. Not too loud - not yet at least. "And he looks brilliant." She grinned at Jace and shot James a wuick smile, asked him a glance to stay quiet for now. She turned in surprise when she saw someone new coming down the stairs.

"Hi. Who are you?" She replied cautiously, sent Mahad to search for Ben and shifted her weight to be able to move fast.

@ShadowLord_Lith

@Aragorn

@Wyndlerunner

Edited by Sorana

19 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James turned around to the sound, and saw a new face staring back at him. "Hi, I'm James" he said with a welcoming smile.

@Aragorn

10 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace grinned as well at the newcomer. "Hi! I'm Jace. Who are you?" He walked up to her, holding out his hand to say hello. 

21 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana nodded, relaxed a bit when she heard his description of the wedding. Just signed a document.

"Well, that's your party." She repeated a bit weakly and used her mobile to start the music. Not too loud - not yet at least. "And he looks brilliant." She grinned at Jace and shot James a wuick smile, asked him a glance to stay quiet for now. She turned in surprise when she saw someone new coming down the stairs.

"Hi. Who are you?" She replied cautiously, sent Mahad to search for Ben and shifted her weight to be able to move fast.

@ShadowLord_Lith

@Aragorn

@Wyndlerunner

"Hi, I'm new, Nym, Windrunner of the second Ideal." She shook the proffered hand.  Whew, she thought, at least I got through that without stuttering.  She noticed the girl shifting her weight away, but chalked it up to wariness.

Jace grinned. "That's awesome! I also have no idea what that means, but I'm guessing it's a radiant thing. I think I'm a lightweaver." He smiled. "You actually probably know more than I do- welcome to the house." He shook her hand back, letting his arm go limp so it be all noodle and funny if they continued shaking hands. 

7 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

"Hi, I'm new, Nym, Windrunner of the second Ideal." She shook the proffered hand.  Whew, she thought, at least I got through that without stuttering.  She noticed the girl shifting her weight away, but chalked it up to wariness.

Shana quickly shook her hand. "Welcome. Will you move in with us?" She asked and then realized she'd forgotten to introduce herself.

"I'm Shana. Dustbringer."

24 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace grinned. "That's awesome! I also have no idea what that means, but I'm guessing it's a radiant thing. I think I'm a lightweaver." He smiled. "You actually probably know more than I do- welcome to the house." He shook her hand back, letting his arm go limp so it be all noodle and funny if they continued shaking hands. 

Shana quickly shook her hand. "Welcome. Will you move in with us?" She asked and then realized she'd forgotten to introduce herself.

"I'm Shana. Dustbringer."

To Shana she said, "Nice to meet you, and yes that's the plan, I mean I have no where else to go."  She smiled at Jace, and dropped his hand.  To Jace she said, "Cool, I can lash things along with normal radiant stuff."  She was getting better at talking to these people, once she knew that they were no threat.

Edited by Aragorn

4 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

To Shana she said, "Nice to meet you, and yes that's the plan, I mean I have no where else to go."  She smiled at Jace, and dropped his hand.  To Jace she said, "Cool, I can lash things along with normal radiant stuff."  She was getting better at talking to these people, once she knew that they were no threat.

"We should have a few empty rooms upstairs."

She smiled at her again. "Welcome, I think? Are you from around here?"

54 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

"Thanks, no, not even close, I am from Minnesota originally."  She said.

"I see. Did you live in one of the other houses then? Or figure it all out on your own?"

She continued to ask questions, unsure what else to do to keep the conversation going. New people. So many new people and she wasn't even able to handle the ones that lived here already. Tiredly she leaned against a wall, figured she could leave at one point soon. Mahad was floating in the door leading to the living room. As soon as Jace had given her a sign, some sign that he liked it, she could head over to Ben, sit down next to him and hope he replied. Nervously she glanced at him again and then smiled at Nym. Wasn't her fault that she was on the edge.

@ShadowLord_Lith

@Aragorn

4 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"I see. Did you live in one of the other houses then? Or figure it all out on your own?"

She continued to ask questions, unsure what else to do to keep the conversation going. New people. So many new people and she wasn't even able to handle the ones that lived here already. Tiredly she leaned against a wall, figured she could leave at one point soon. Mahad was floating in the door leading to the living room. As soon as Jace had given her a sign, some sign that he liked it, she could head over to Ben, sit down next to him and hope he replied. Nervously she glanced at him again and then smiled at Nym. Wasn't her fault that she was on the edge.

@ShadowLord_Lith

@Aragorn

"I had to figure it out by myself, Lopen my spren, was a big help too."  She said.  Lopen then revealed himself saying, huzzah, tis I!  "Please stop saying that." Nym growled to him.

@ShadowLord_Lith

@Aragorn

He smiled, looking around happily. "Shana, thank you... You were right- this is perfect. This is a wonderful party." He grinned. 

22 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Rob nodded. “It is pretty great.”

He paused, thinking of what to say next. It seemed Ben was as bad at idle conversation as Rob was, which was somewhat relieving. He hadn’t talked to Ben much, in fact, it seemed his main connection to him was through Shana. But even Rob at least knew that it never hurt to make new friends. Or, at least, try to.

“I wonder if anyone’s going to make a speech,” he said.

“That would be nice. I hope everyone isn’t expected to, though- I didn’t prepare anything.”

Idly he started going over outlines for potential speeches in his head. Just in case. He thought them at Glint so he could help remember them. Having a spren with near perfect memory was pretty useful.

27 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“That would be nice. I hope everyone isn’t expected to, though- I didn’t prepare anything.”

“Me neither,” Rob said.

“I mean, I can definitely think of something on the spot, but all these descriptive words, feelings and emotions and such...”

He shrugged, let Ben fill in the rest.

“I don’t think I ever thanked you for healing my burns?” He asked, looking at his arm. There was no scar fortunately. “I owe you.”

9 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Me neither,” Rob said.

“I mean, I can definitely think of something on the spot, but all these descriptive words, feelings and emotions and such...”

He shrugged, let Ben fill in the rest.

“I don’t think I ever thanked you for healing my burns?” He asked, looking at his arm. There was no scar fortunately. “I owe you.”

“Oh, it was no problem!”

He paused for a moment, thinking.

”And you don’t have to owe me. You saved me from those Voidbringers yesterday-“

He tried not to think how close things had been.

”So we are definitely even. I actually think that I am the one which owes you.”

Cassie studied her bookshelf, eyes narrowed in thought. The old history book about the first signs of Radiant activity in America? Nah, not right for the occasion. The realistic fiction novel with a hint of mystery? She didn’t know if they would like that type of book. The fantasy of dragons? No... 

That’s it! Her hand latched onto The Art of War, pulling it from the shelf. This copy was new, not like the worn one she’d bought from a library sale, which slanted over on her desk. She’d been given it a few years back, and it was one of those things where you didn’t want to say you already had it, so you just smiled politely, left it in your room, and never touched it again. Perfect. 

She heard people walk inside downstairs and froze momentarily. They’re here! Moving quickly, she plopped the book in a glittery gift bag she’d picked up earlier, then stuffed pink tissue paper all around it. Cassie grabbed the bag and headed down. 

“Hey!” she said excitedly when she reached the gathering, trying to show only happiness, as if she hadn’t been told she was the murderer of her own spren hours earlier, as if yesterday hadn’t been the most disastrous prom night to ever occur. “Congrats, you guys! This is so awesome. Here, this is for you two.” Hoping her grin wasn’t too much, she held out the sparkling bag to Ax, thanking the stars that gift bags weren’t hard to throw together last-minute. 

@Sherlock Holmes @everyone else 

Flid stood off to the side, not sure what to do. He'd never been to a wedding before. Were they all this strangely casual?

I feel like this should be a bigger event. He thought.

Perhaps after yesterday's fiasco, what everyone needs is a chance to relax, and entertain themselves. Bliss responded.

He fiddled with the armbands in his pocket he had made for the couple nervously. He had spent a while trying to shape them right, but he'd wanted to do something special for the two of them.

I hope it's good enough...

Flidmir, these are good people. They will graciously accept your gift, you do not need to worry.

Edited by Lord Furret

Shana nodded. "Without my spren, I would be lost." She smiled at Nym and relaxed when she heard Jace next words. Everything was good. Apologetically she took a step towards the living room. "I'm going to Ben." She informed Nym. "You can come along, but I have to see how he is."

She stepped into the living room and paused when she saw Rob there as well. The two most important people in her life in one spot, talking to each other. It was wonderful. They were a family, and Nym with her spren would fit right in. Wordlessly she waved at the two of them and then sat down on the floor in front of Ben reached up to take his hand. She didn't want to disturb them, but going away again was no option either.

@Lunamor

@Aragorn

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

Shana nodded. "Without my spren, I would be lost." She smiled at Nym and relaxed when she heard Jace next words. Everything was good. Apologetically she took a step towards the living room. "I'm going to Ben." She informed Nym. "You can come along, but I have to see how he is."

She stepped into the living room and paused when she saw Rob there as well. The two most important people in her life in one spot, talking to each other. It was wonderful. They were a family, and Nym with her spren would fit right in. Wordlessly she waved at the two of them and then sat down on the floor in front of Ben reached up to take his hand. She didn't want to disturb them, but going away again was no option either.

@Lunamor

@Aragorn

Nym followed and saw... Ben, was it, and another guy, she sat cautiously on the couch, she saw Shana take Ben's hand and thought, so that is what a benana is.  mmm.... I will go meet other spren now. Lopen said and left her. @Lunamor @Sorana @I think I am here.

Edited by Aragorn

Cassie doesn’t have a lightspren, if Lopen comes to talk to her, but she does have a dead Shardblade, which would probably make him not like her (like how Syl didn’t like Adolin having a Blade). 

Come to think of it, everyone’s spren would probably have a more negative view of Cass now, even if they knew her before. 

3 hours ago, Aragorn said:

Nym followed and saw... Ben, was it, and another guy, she sat cautiously on the couch, she saw Shana take Ben's hand and thought, so that is what a benana is.  mmm.... I will go meet other spren now. Lopen said and left her. @Lunamor @Sorana @I think I am here.

Mahad, shaped as a little dragon poked Glint and raced after Lopen. "Let's search feathers. Or shiny things!" He called out.

@Lunamor