AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James simply let her cry for a minute- It did the mind and spirit good. "I understand if you don't want to party" he said quietly, "I really do." He gave a slight pitiful laugh, "I've always been really introverted, so big parties never have been my style." 

"To answer your last question, I don't have better things to do." he said, "Like I said before, you're family. And nothing is more important to me than family." He settled back, and added "So, if it's all right with you, I'll stay up here with you."

@Sorana

"We have to go there at one point." Shana sighed and slowly moved back from him, used her arm to wipe of her face. "It's not even a full day since I killed, and Jace has no idea what happened. With the hospital, the police. Both of them don't. I couldn't tell them earlier, but in the end, we have to tell them at one point." Tiredly she sighed. "We have to be happy for them. It's their wedding day."

She made a grimace and leaned back as well. "But not today. These things can wait until tomorrow." Earnestly she looked over at him took his hand. "You are my family James. And I'd be honored if you'd be my older brother." She told him and meant every single word. "I am sorry if I am overly dramatic, I know I can be sometimes."

Falling silent she looked down at the house.

"They all are my family. I would die for every single one of them, even for Ashlyn. I fear the day, when we don't organise a wedding, but a funeral. We are no superheros, although it feels like that sometimes. No X-Men coming to our rescue, no AI controlling our whole house. There will be a day, when the first ones of us die and I fear that day. Because we aren't ready for it, because I'm not ready for it. What Cass did, it's awful, but it was born out of desperation. Who is next? Ben, asking to be a better fighter? Rob? Ashlyn? Me?" she shook her head. "I have to protect them, but I just can't."

Desperation made her voice shook. "I will have to see them drown, one after the other, because I can't look after ten, twenty people? Doc takes in new ones regularly, I can't stay with everybody. I can make sure I fight when the time comes, storms, I can't even train with everybody here." She forced the next words out of her throat. "I will have to stand by and watch someone die, because I am not enough, because I am too weak, or too slow, or just not there."

24 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

"Right over there." She gestured to one of the aluminum wrapped plates. "I brought lots."

"Good."  She started eating all the food in her sight.  "So, What did you say about not being a radiant?" @Hope Spren

Edited by Aragorn

"Yeah, I'm not a radiant. I'm something called an Elantrian instead. I still have investiture or magic, but it's different than the radiant's investiture in a couple of ways. Like . . . You know, it might be a bit easier to just show you." Evelyn took another look at one of her sketches, then stabbed the air with her finger and began to draw the shape. Light poured out from behind her finger, creating a glowing shape in the air. "I got chosen by the Shaod," she explained as she drew. "It gave me access to the Dor - the glowing stuff - and made me an Elantrian. That comes with a few extra things, like increased strength and speed, silver skin, and the ability to do this." She finished her Aon with a flourish. It flashed brightly before being reduced to a dimmer, steady glow. It also made all feelings of sleepiness vanish.

@Aragorn

Edited by Hope Spren

12 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

"Yeah, I'm not a radiant. I'm something called an Elantrian instead. I still have investiture or magic, but it's different than the radiant's investiture in a couple of ways. Like . . . You know, it might be a bit easier to just show you." Evelyn took another look at one of her sketches, then stabbed the air with her finger and began to draw the shape. Light poured out from behind her finger, creating a glowing shape in the air. "I got chosen by the Shaod," she explained as she drew. "It gave me access to the Dor - the glowing stuff - and made me an Elantrian. That comes with a few extra things, like increased strength and speed, silver skin, and the ability to do this." She finished her Aon with a flourish. It flashed brightly before being reduced to a dimmer, steady glow. It also made all feelings of sleepiness vanish.

"Storms, that's useful."  Nym said appreciatively.  Munching on a taco, she said, "Who were you before the Shaod, if you are willing to tell me?" @Hope Spren

Edited by Aragorn

7 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

"Storms, that's useful."  Nym said appreciatively.  Munching on a taco, she said, "Who were you before the Shaod, if you are willing to tell me?"

"Thanks. Who was I before the Shaod? I was Evelyn Reed, daughter of Kathryn and Solomon Reed. I liked cooking, reading, and even tried my hand at some really awful fan fiction. I was an only child, though I always thought it would be cool to have a little sister. I use the Aons to look the same way now as I did back then, and . . . and yeah. A lot's changed since then." She gave Nym a sort of half-smile. "No, I don't mind. How about you? Where are you from?"

12 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

"Thanks. Who was I before the Shaod? I was Evelyn Reed, daughter of Kathryn and Solomon Reed. I liked cooking, reading, and even tried my hand at some really awful fan fiction. I was an only child, though I always thought it would be cool to have a little sister. I use the Aons to look the same way now as I did back then, and . . . and yeah. A lot's changed since then." She gave Nym a sort of half-smile. "No, I don't mind. How about you? Where are you from?"

"I was a champion fencer, I had 10 siblings, My mother was named Kate Newbury, My father Houston Everdale.  I lived, in Minisoda, loved reading, the library was basically my home.  I tried my hand at Theatre, but something about all those people threw me off.  I also like singing alto, and making guacamole.  I hated when people were writing and used the wrong version of a word, like, it's, their, your.  Then everything happend and here I am."  She really didn't like talking about her recent past, even if Evelyn was a nice person. @Hope Spren

Edited by Aragorn

3 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

"Wow," Evelyn breathed. "That's awesome! Do you think you could teach me to fence? I've always thought it was really cool."

@Aragorn

"Sure!, I am warning you though, I might have gotten a little rusty, being on the move."  She cringed at that last part, hopefully Evelyn wouldn't ask about that.  On another note, where had Lopen gone?  "I wonder where Lopen is."

1 minute ago, Hope Spren said:

"Yes!" Evelyn crowed, pumping her fist in the air. "Thank you so much! This is going to be awesome."

A thought occurred to her, and she asked, "Who's Lopen?"

"My spren." She said offhandedly.  "Never mind he is probably off looking at a cool butterfly or meeting other spren." @Hope Spren

16 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

"Good. If you'd said something like romance novels then I would have had to dis-friend you," she joked.

"Anyways, I think I have a couple of good fiction books in here, but it might be a good idea to go on a book raid before people start arriving for the party."

She smiled when Evelyn used the word Friend and said "Ooohhh... I'll just go."  She ran over to the bookshelf and started flipping through some books. @Hope Spren

Edited by Aragorn

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

"We have to go there at one point." Shana sighed and slowly moved back from him, used her arm to wipe of her face. "It's not even a full day since I killed, and Jace has no idea what happened. With the hospital, the police. Both of them don't. I couldn't tell them earlier, but in the end, we have to tell them at one point." Tiredly she sighed. "We have to be happy for them. It's their wedding day."

She made a grimace and leaned back as well. "But not today. These things can wait until tomorrow." Earnestly she looked over at him took his hand. "You are my family James. And I'd be honored if you'd be my older brother." She told him and meant every single word. "I am sorry if I am overly dramatic, I know I can be sometimes."

Falling silent she looked down at the house.

"They all are my family. I would die for every single one of them, even for Ashlyn. I fear the day, when we don't organise a wedding, but a funeral. We are no superheros, although it feels like that sometimes. No X-Men coming to our rescue, no AI controlling our whole house. There will be a day, when the first ones of us die and I fear that day. Because we aren't ready for it, because I'm not ready for it. What Cass did, it's awful, but it was born out of desperation. Who is next? Ben, asking to be a better fighter? Rob? Ashlyn? Me?" she shook her head. "I have to protect them, but I just can't."

Desperation made her voice shook. "I will have to see them drown, one after the other, because I can't look after ten, twenty people? Doc takes in new ones regularly, I can't stay with everybody. I can make sure I fight when the time comes, storms, I can't even train with everybody here." She forced the next words out of her throat. "I will have to stand by and watch someone die, because I am not enough, because I am too weak, or too slow, or just not there."

James simply nodded, and said "I fear much the same thing." He sighed, and shook his head, "This is part of my role as well." he explained, "I'm a Bondsmith, I'm supposed to lead these people."

6 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace grinned. "Thank you, love. C'mon! Let's go!" He pulled Ax gently to the door, then tried leading him to the motorcycle and getting everything situated. He hoped Ax had followed him at least...

@Sherlock Holmes

@Sherlock Holmes

3 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

"Don't worry. As long as a book has dragons, then you should be good."

"Dragons are always good." She said nodding.  Lopen finally decided to arrive saying, Forsoth, tis I the king.  She replied saying, "That isn't even the right use of that word." @Hope Spren

Edited by Aragorn

8 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

"Dragons are always good." She said nodding.  Lopen finally decided to arrive saying, Forsoth, tis I the king.  She replied saying, "That isn't even the right use of that word."

Evelyn paused for a moment, trying to figure our how Nym's last sentence fit into the conversation, and then realized that Nym's spren, Lopen, must have just arrived. "You know," she said, "you might think that I would get used to people talking to their spren, but haven't yet. I keep on walking past people as they're talking to their spren, and trying to figure out why they're having conversations with themselves about benanas."

2 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

Evelyn paused for a moment, trying to figure our how Nym's last sentence fit into the conversation, and then realized that Nym's spren, Lopen, must have just arrived. "You know," she said, "you might think that I would get used to people talking to their spren, but haven't yet. I keep on walking past people as they're talking to their spren, and trying to figure out why they're having conversations with themselves about benanas."

"That sounds... not fun, anyway, this is Lopen," she gestured for Lopen to make himself visible, "and you should NOT listen to him."  Another thought occoured to her "What's a benana?"

Edited by Aragorn