AonEne

Evelyn had come back inside with the intent to grab some food, and then head back to her room before Ax and Jace got there. That plan was demolished when she heard a knock at the door. It's them! Quick, hide! She jumped behind a handy wall as Cassie opened the door. There was some quiet conversation, and Evelyn heard Cassie invite them in. She risked a cautious look around the wall, and was surprised to see that it wasn't Ax and Jace at the door. Pleasantly surprised, of course, because that meant the party hadn't started yet and her plan would still work. The girl who'd knocked looked nice too, so it shouldn't be too much of a risk . . .

Evelyn walked casually out from behind the wall, trying to look as though she hadn't been hiding behind it. "Hi," she said to the girl, fervently hoping that they weren't here for the wedding.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I’m gonna have Ben wake up now cause it’s been way too long since I last rped here :P

Glint had been zooming in circles around the house searching for shiny things for Mahad when he heard the doorbell chime. He flew over to the front entrance and would have grinned if he could have. Instead he just got really, really bright. Another new person! That meant more handshake practice for Ben! He was still pretty terrible at it. Hardly pausing to even see what the newcomer looked like, he zipped back to the kitchen and alighted on Ben’s shoulder, speaking directly into his mind.

===============

Ben awoke to the sound of “Handshake! Handshake!” being shouted in his brain.

”Wha- Glint?”

He rubbed his eyes, groggy.

”Why handshake?”

Glint twirled in a circle.

”There’s a new person! That means you get more handshake practice!”

That banished most of his exhaustion. He was feeling much better than earlier, anyways. He got up slowly to make sure that he wouldn’t fall over, then started on his way over to the door. He would have to check on Shana sometime after this, make sure he had healed her completely. He would also have to talk to Evelyn; he had fallen asleep before he could find her. 

He arrived at the entrance and waved at the new girl. He couldn’t see her spren, so that ruled out some of the orders. Probably. He waved at her but didn’t say anything- she appeared to already have a line of people. He made a note of Evelyn. He would have to catch her after this, make sure that she was ok.

I'm so sorry, I'm only now reading all of this, it's been a weird two days without much time to rp. Or to do anything at all.

After the table was set, Edwin started to relax. He didn't know how he had managed to get it on time (especially with all the running around between shops) but he had. Ax and Jace weren't there yet but they probably wouldn't be long now.

As he was thinking this, he passed the front door and found it open. There was a girl standing there, she looked really young.

Was she a Radiant? He thought the flood of new people was over after the dream incident but apparently that wasn't the case.

"Hello?" he said to her. "Umm, who's the new face?" he then added turning to Cassie. There was already a crowd forming but she was the closest to the door so he guessed she was the one who had seen her first.

So she's not good with people? We're probably pushing her too soon.

Shana sat on her tree. She closed her eyes, listened to the singing of the birds, to the insects flying by. She didn't notice James searching for her, mostly because she didn't expect anybody searching for her at all. Instead she just stayed there, angrily slamming her hand against the tree a few times, then she stopped.

Wait. If she waited long enough the party would be over. Or it would be dark enough so that she could leave the yard and slip away. Spend the night outside, or whereever suit her. Calm down. She couldn't face her friends like that. She would destroy everything. The party, the family. It was the one thing she was good at - destroying. It was the only purpose she had, to fight to destroy. But right here and now, she didn't want to. She wanted for them to have fun, and if she rushed in there, dirty and angry - she felt like exploding at a wrong word, a sideways glance. And she didn't want to. If she lost them because of her temper, because of some stupid jealously, then she had nothing left. Nobody left to catch her, when she fell. She kept her eyes closed, allowed her thoughts to run wild, to act on her fear and fury, pictured herself destroying their training room, pictured herself shouting at Ashlyn and Doc. Yelling at them, why they had to destroy everything, why they didn't take a heartbeat to think about her.

@Wyndlerunner

Edited by Sorana

10 hours ago, Hope Spren said:

Evelyn had come back inside with the intent to grab some food, and then head back to her room before Ax and Jace got there. That plan was demolished when she heard a knock at the door. It's them! Quick, hide! She jumped behind a handy wall as Cassie opened the door. There was some quiet conversation, and Evelyn heard Cassie invite them in. She risked a cautious look around the wall, and was surprised to see that it wasn't Ax and Jace at the door. Pleasantly surprised, of course, because that meant the party hadn't started yet and her plan would still work. The girl who'd knocked looked nice too, so it shouldn't be too much of a risk . . .

Evelyn walked casually out from behind the wall, trying to look as though she hadn't been hiding behind it. "Hi," she said to the girl, fervently hoping that they weren't here for the wedding.

"Hi, I'm new, Nym Windrunner of the second Ideal, if you don't mind my asking, what are you?" She let out a quick breath, that was hard.  She then noticed someone waving at her, she shyly waved back.  She stood there akwardly for a minute and finally just decided to sit down.  Nicely done Lopen said, you didn't bring out the shakespirian this time.  Too late she realized he had said that to the entire group.  She face-palmed.

@AonEne @everyoneelse

@Lunamor@Hope Spren@Eluvianii

Edited by Aragorn

2 hours ago, Aragorn said:

"Hi, I'm new, Nym Windrunner of the second Ideal, if you don't mind my asking, what are you?" She let out a quick breth, that was hard.  She then noticed someone waving at her, she shyly waved back.  She stood there akwardly for a minute and finally just decided to sit down.  Nicely done Lopen said, you didn't bring out the shakespirian this time.  Too late she realized he had said thst to the entire group.  She face-palmed.

@Shard of Thought

@AonEne @everyoneelse

@Lunamor@Hope Spren@Eluvianii

Wait, why was I tagged?

3 hours ago, Aragorn said:

"Hi, I'm new, Nym Windrunner of the second Ideal, if you don't mind my asking, what are you?" She let out a quick breath, that was hard.  She then noticed someone waving at her, she shyly waved back.  She stood there akwardly for a minute and finally just decided to sit down.  Nicely done Lopen said, you didn't bring out the shakespirian this time.  Too late she realized he had said that to the entire group.  She face-palmed.

"Nice to meet you, Nym. My name's Evelyn, and I'm -" she tried to think of what she could answer. Nym probably didn't know about Elantrians, and it could take a long time to explain. She finally settled on, "I'm not actually a radiant. I have a different type of magic that I can explain later, if you want."

10 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

"Nice to meet you, Nym. My name's Evelyn, and I'm -" she tried to think of what she could answer. Nym probably didn't know about Elantrians, and it could take a long time to explain. She finally settled on, "I'm not actually a radiant. I have a different type of magic that I can explain later, if you want."

"Hi, nice to meet you too."  Nym was confused about that last part, she would have to ask about it later.  "So, what do you do around here?"  She suddenly had the urge to say something sarcastic but, shut it down.  She didn't know who most of these people were yet.

Edited by Aragorn

"Not too much. Mostly school and training with our investiture types, fighting the occasional voidbringer who tries to kidnap our friends." Oh yeah, and then there was the wedding today. She should probably tell Nym about that. "Though today we're kind of having a wedding celebration here. So we have food, if you want any."

3 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

"Not too much. Mostly school and training with our investiture types, fighting the occasional voidbringer who tries to kidnap our friends." Oh yeah, and then there was the wedding today. She should probably tell Nym about that. "Though today we're kind of having a wedding celebration here. So we have food, if you want any."

"So, basically normal life?" She hadn't had that in a while.  "Wedding?"  Just her luck to show up on the one day of a wedding.  Now onto other matters, "Food?, I haven't eaten in days."  mmm.. food. Lopen put in.  She made her way to the food.

16 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

"So, basically normal life?" She hadn't had that in a while.  "Wedding?"  Just her luck to show up on the one day of a wedding.  Now onto other matters, "Food?, I haven't eaten in days."  mmm.. food. Lopen put in.  She made her way to the food.

"Days? Wow. Then I guess it's good that we have some ready," Evelyn said, following Nym into the kitchen and gesturing at the plates of tacos, the rice dishes, salsa, and black bean salad. "Help yourself. We should have plenty."

What else had Nym said? That was right, she'd asked about the wedding. "And yeah, wedding. Two radiants are getting married, and they asked Shana if she could do the party. It was kind of last minute, since we only found out today, but yeah. Wedding. The two radiants, Ax and Jace, are pretty nice, so you probably don't need to worry about it if you want to join the party. Or you can hide in a room upstairs like I was planning to do."

Just now, Hope Spren said:

"Days? Wow. Then I guess it's good that we have some ready," Evelyn said, following Nym into the kitchen and gesturing at the plates of tacos, the rice dishes, salsa, and black bean salad. "Help yourself. We should have plenty."

What else had Nym said? That was right, she'd asked about the wedding. "And yeah, wedding. Two radiants are getting married, and they asked Shana if she could do the party. It was kind of last minute, since we only found out today, but yeah. Wedding. The two radiants, Ax and Jace, are pretty nice, so you probably don't need to worry about it if you want to join the party. Or you can hide in a room upstairs like I was planning to do."

"OK, cool.  I will probably pop in once or twice, but I need to take a shower first, I stink."  Nym said, it was getting easier to talk to Evelyn, now that she knew her better.  In the meantime, I will go and frolic.  Lopen said.

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

Shana sat on her tree. She closed her eyes, listened to the singing of the birds, to the insects flying by. She didn't notice James searching for her, mostly because she didn't expect anybody searching for her at all. Instead she just stayed there, angrily slamming her hand against the tree a few times, then she stopped.

Wait. If she waited long enough the party would be over. Or it would be dark enough so that she could leave the yard and slip away. Spend the night outside, or whereever suit her. Calm down. She couldn't face her friends like that. She would destroy everything. The party, the family. It was the one thing she was good at - destroying. It was the only purpose she had, to fight to destroy. But right here and now, she didn't want to. She wanted for them to have fun, and if she rushed in there, dirty and angry - she felt like exploding at a wrong word, a sideways glance. And she didn't want to. If she lost them because of her temper, because of some stupid jealously, then she had nothing left. Nobody left to catch her, when she fell. She kept her eyes closed, allowed her thoughts to run wild, to act on her fear and fury, pictured herself destroying their training room, pictured herself shouting at Ashlyn and Doc. Yelling at them, why they had to destroy everything, why they didn't take a heartbeat to think about her.

@Wyndlerunner

James kept walking, until he found himself under a large tree. Up there James the Nightwatcher noted, and James looked up to see Shana sitting in the branches, evidently lost in thought, all alone. "Shana?" he called up to her inquisitively, "Is that you up there? If so, we need to talk."

@Sorana

Jace grinned. "Thank you, love. C'mon! Let's go!" He pulled Ax gently to the door, then tried leading him to the motorcycle and getting everything situated. He hoped Ax had followed him at least...

@Sherlock Holmes

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

10 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James kept walking, until he found himself under a large tree. Up there James the Nightwatcher noted, and James looked up to see Shana sitting in the branches, evidently lost in thought, all alone. "Shana?" he called up to her inquisitively, "Is that you up there? If so, we need to talk."

@Sorana

She looked down when he heard someone approach, surprised to hear James voice. Ben, she had expected Ben or maybe Rob. But no, asleep and girlfriend, unfair Shana, but it was James.

"Yes." She replied and climbed down a bit, until she was sitting on the lowest branch, saw him stand there, looked at him. He seemed, concerned? She wasn't sure. Despite all her boiling emotions, she wasn't too good at judging others. "We don't need to talk." She said quietly, but still extended a hand towards him, to help hiim climb up. He had come. Despite everything, he had come. He had searched for her. He wasn't getting ready for the wedding, he had come here to talk to her. And if they talked about birds, it still meant the world.

Edited by Sorana

14 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

"OK, cool.  I will probably pop in once or twice, but I need to take a shower first, I stink."  Nym said, it was getting easier to talk to Evelyn, now that she knew her better.  In the meantime, I will go and frolic.  Lopen said.

"Probably a good plan before heading to a wedding." Evelyn finished piling another two plates with food, and wrapped them quickly with some aluminum foil to keep the food warm. "I can show you where it is, if you want."

7 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

"Probably a good plan before heading to a wedding." Evelyn finished piling another two plates with food, and wrapped them quickly with some aluminum foil to keep the food warm. "I can show you where it is, if you want."

"Thank you!"  She followed Evelyn up the stairs.

She grabbed the two plates of food, as well as a couple of water bottles, and headed up the stairs. "It's right over here," she said, gesturing to a door on the left side of the hall, "And this one over here is my room. It's where I'm going to be hiding this food, so if you want any of it, or a place to hang out during the party, then feel free to come on in. Is there anything else you might need?"

10 minutes ago, Sorana said:

She looked down when he heard someone approach, surprised to hear James voice. Ben, she had expected Ben or maybe Rob. But no, asleep and girlfriend, unfair Shana, but it was James.

"Yes." She replied and climbed down a bit, until she was sitting on the lowest branch, saw him stand there, looked at him. He seemed, concerned? She wasn't sure. Despite all her boiling emotions, she wasn't too good at judging others. "We don't need to talk." She said quietly, but still extended a hand towards him, to help hiim climb up. He had come. Despite everything, he had come. He had searched for her. He wasn't getting ready for the wedding, he had come here to talk to her. And if they talked about birds, it still meant the world.

James took her hand and climbed up into the tree, He inhaled a deep breath of fresh air, and smiled at Shana. "It's quite peaceful up here" he noted, "I can see why you like it." He settled back into a comfortable position, and looked at her, dead serious. "I'm so sorry for what happened earlier at the pool." He apologized "Your revelations were a bit more than I was expecting, and I reacted in a way that wasn't helpful to you, or to me." he confessed. James felt his eyes welling up with tears, and he didn't try to hold them back. It would be better if Shana saw his emotions, although being so open made him feel more vulnerable than he liked. 

"I am so sorry about your parents." he said, through the slight fall of tears, "Nobody should have to deal with that. No child should have to bury their parent at such a young age." James rummaged in his pockets for a tissue, and he used it to dab at his eyes. "But I want you to know that I'm here for you." he said, determined yet empathetic. "You might not have a birth family, but Radiants are like a family." With that remark he gave a weak smile, and added, "Though I may not be old enough to be a father figure, I can at the very least be a good elder brother."  

James reached once again for her hand, and said "What say you that we go down to the party?" he smiled a bit stronger, "After all, Jace and Ax are family too." At that remark, a pair of bluebirds alighted on a branch near to them. The two chirped happily, and James looked over to them. 

"The birds are lovely, aren't they."

@Sorana

32 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James reached once again for her hand, and said "What say you that we go down to the party?" he smiled a bit stronger, "After all, Jace and Ax are family too." At that remark, a pair of bluebirds alighted on a branch near to them. The two chirped happily, and James looked over to them. 

"The birds are lovely, aren't they."

Shana listened to his words, saw his tears and felt her throat contrict, when his honesty struck a chord. "I know." She whispered and leaned over, wrapped her arms around him and started to sob. A part of her felt like she was doing nothing but crying these days, but she felt like crying and so she did. "I just don't feel like partying." She admitted, her voice muffled by his shirt. "I don't want to see Ashlyn, or Ben's tired face, or have to smile at Jace. He didn't even invite me to his wedding. I thought he would, I worried about a dress, but he didn't even invite me."

Sobbing she clung to him, "I'm sorry to dump it all on you, you have so much better things to do, than listen to my misery, and I don't want to keep you, but I just, I simply, " She stopped talking just held on for the moment. He would leave soon enough. There was no need to spoil this moment by talking.

38 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

She grabbed the two plates of food, as well as a couple of water bottles, and headed up the stairs. "It's right over here," she said, gesturing to a door on the left side of the hall, "And this one over here is my room. It's where I'm going to be hiding this food, so if you want any of it, or a place to hang out during the party, then feel free to come on in. Is there anything else you might need?"

"No, I am fine thank you.  I might take you up on your offer though ."  She could do this, Evelyn was nice, and Nym was sure she could talk to her, finally.

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Shana listened to his words, saw his tears and felt her throat contrict, when his honesty struck a chord. "I know." She whispered and leaned over, wrapped her arms around him and started to sob. A part of her felt like she was doing nothing but crying these days, but she felt like crying and so she did. "I just don't feel like partying." She admitted, her voice muffled by his shirt. "I don't want to see Ashlyn, or Ben's tired face, or have to smile at Jace. He didn't even invite me to his wedding. I thought he would, I worried about a dress, but he didn't even invite me."

Sobbing she clung to him, "I'm sorry to dump it all on you, you have so much better things to do, than listen to my misery, and I don't want to keep you, but I just, I simply, " She stopped talking just held on for the moment. He would leave soon enough. There was no need to spoil this moment by talking.

James simply let her cry for a minute- It did the mind and spirit good. "I understand if you don't want to party" he said quietly, "I really do." He gave a slight pitiful laugh, "I've always been really introverted, so big parties never have been my style." 

"To answer your last question, I don't have better things to do." he said, "Like I said before, you're family. And nothing is more important to me than family." He settled back, and added "So, if it's all right with you, I'll stay up here with you."

@Sorana