AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Aragorn said:

"If they don't I am going to move to Middle Earth and build an Internet Cafe, where anyone can witness the epic saga.  I will need a partner in this endeavor."  Nym said, smiling.  "You'll do." 

"I would be honored to aid in your endeavor, my lady! Ti's a noble quest indeed. But maybe we should ask people if we have the movies before beginning the hunt for a portal to Middle Earth." Evelyn grinned back at Nym, happy to have someone to talk to. Besides herself or books of course.

While it was certainly traumatic for the characters involved, I can pinpoint that event as when James came into his own as a character. It also has some of what I consider to be my best written James scenes.

James sighed, and continued looking out at the neighborhood, "Do you think we should head in now Shana?"

@Sorana

Man, James and Shana's relationship is really interesting. We have someone who's all about growth and cultivation (not the Shard, cuz I don't think we have Shards in this universe), and someone who's got a few more 'destructive' tendencies. They really play off of each other quite well. They're also both really emotional characters, but they express those emotions so dramatically differently.  TL;DR: I guess the whole opposites attract thing really does work in relationships.

A girl appears out of nowhere next to Ben, lets out a joyful whoop, says “Hey, Ben, Luna wanted me to say hi to you,” and runs downstairs grinning like a maniac to find Shana and hug her. 

(This is not canon, if you haven’t read the Nightwatcher thread then don’t worry about it) 

@Lunamor 

2 hours ago, Hope Spren said:

"I would be honored to aid in your endeavor, my lady! Ti's a noble quest indeed. But maybe we should ask people if we have the movies before beginning the hunt for a portal to Middle Earth." Evelyn grinned back at Nym, happy to have someone to talk to. Besides herself or books of course.

"Of course.  That is just a precautionary plan."  She flipped to a page and started skimming.  "Oh, Tom Bombadil, you never cease to amaze." @Hope Spren

Edited by Aragorn

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

A girl appears out of nowhere next to Ben, lets out a joyful whoop, says “Hey, Ben, Luna wanted me to say hi to you,” and runs downstairs grinning like a maniac to find Shana and hug her. 

(This is not canon, if you haven’t read the Nightwatcher thread then don’t worry about it) 

@Lunamor 

(Yes! Thanks :P)

Ben was rather surprised, but happy, at the news of the wedding. He was a little worried that Shana had had to set the whole thing up, though. It would have been better if she had been able to rest after having to have such a major healing. 

Both Evelyn and Nym went upstairs without him being able to talk to them, so he went to the living room and sat in the corner, pulling out a book. He sent Glint to go check on Shana and make sure that she was alright. His spren returned and said that she seemed fine but was talking to James, so he decided to not bother them.

2 hours ago, Hope Spren said:

Evelyn smiled as Nym started to read, and selected a book of her own from the bookshelf.

"What are you reading?" Nym said, just kinda wanting to break the silence that had been over them for the last little while. @Hope Spren

Edited by Aragorn

17 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

Evelyn flipped the book over, checking the name on the cover. "It's called The Amulet of Samarkand, apparently. I've never read it before. It's pretty good so far, though."

"Ok, cool." She said.

When is the party starting, I feel like this "day" has been going on too long.

5 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James sighed, and continued looking out at the neighborhood, "Do you think we should head in now Shana?"

@Sorana

I agree, they make a fine pair ^_^

Shana sighed as well, but started to climb down, pausing now and then to offer James her hand. "We have to." She agreed and closed her eyes, then opened them again.

"Ashlyn is still there?" She asked before hopping down to the ground.

Edited by Sorana

3 hours ago, Lunamor said:

(Yes! Thanks :P)

...Shana had had to set the whole thing up, though. 

*salutes* 

James, Evelyn, Cassie, Edwin, Leona, and anyone I’m forgetting: What are we, broken spheres? 

Edit: I do think we timeskipped once or twice. But honestly I’d have to go back and reread to see how far. Not very far. So yeah, the pace is just how this RP is. Personally I like the break :P 

Edited by AonEne

2 hours ago, Aragorn said:

"Ok, cool." She said.

"Yeah." She glanced back down at the book. "Does it ever . . . Does it ever seem strange to you? Reading the books, and then thinking: 'that's my life.' Some people would say we're living the dream. Special powers, a secret world we can escape to when real life is too ordinary, a group of friends that always have your back, and the ability to make a difference. It's something that I used to wish, when I was younger. But it hurts so much. It hurts when everything happens. In books, you can always know that there's going to be a happily ever after. A good ending.

"Real life isn't like that. Even when you do have powers, there's no guaranty that everything will be okay," Evelyn continued softly. "You lose people. You're afraid of taking another step forward, because you're walking in the dark, and might be stepping of a cliff."

She suddenly shook her head, as though trying to shake the thought away. When Evelyn looked back up at Nym, she was smiling again. "Nah. No way am I letting magical powers ruin fantasy for me. Besides, fantasy books have dragons, and - as far as I know - there aren't any dragons on Earth. They also have giant eagles. And swords. Super cool swords, and magical daggers. And way too many other awesome things to name."

10 hours ago, Lunamor said:

His spren returned and said that she seemed fine but was talking to James, so he decided to not bother them.

Rob looked around as the party started. The present was completed, and everybody he could see seemed happy doing their own thing. Even Ben, who was just reading a book. Rob was satisfied as well with the completion of his present. And in the end, he thought, wasn’t that all that mattered? That you were happy? Everything else was secondary.

Or was that a selfish worldview? That you mattered most. Well, you are supposed to put your own oxygen mask on first before assisting others. How could one hope to help others when they couldn’t help themselves? But time and again that had been proven wrong. Plenty of famous scientists who did great deeds for humanity hadn’t exactly been great at helping themselves with personal issues, yet the world would not have been the same without them.

As Rob walked over to Ben, he wondered how many of the famous people in the world had been surgebinders.

“Enjoying the book?” He asked, pulling across a beanbag and sitting down. Small-talk had always been his greatest weakness.

Edited by I think I am here.

13 hours ago, Sorana said:

Shana sighed as well, but started to climb down, pausing now and then to offer James her hand. "We have to." She agreed and closed her eyes, then opened them again.

"Ashlyn is still there?" She asked before hopping down to the ground.

"Yeah, Ashlyn is still here" He said as he followed her down. "Let me know if you need anything" he said, beseechingly.

11 hours ago, Hope Spren said:

"Yeah." She glanced back down at the book. "Does it ever . . . Does it ever seem strange to you? Reading the books, and then thinking: 'that's my life.' Some people would say we're living the dream. Special powers, a secret world we can escape to when real life is too ordinary, a group of friends that always have your back, and the ability to make a difference. It's something that I used to wish, when I was younger. But it hurts so much. It hurts when everything happens. In books, you can always know that there's going to be a happily ever after. A good ending.

"Real life isn't like that. Even when you do have powers, there's no guaranty that everything will be okay," Evelyn continued softly. "You lose people. You're afraid of taking another step forward, because you're walking in the dark, and might be stepping of a cliff."

She suddenly shook her head, as though trying to shake the thought away. When Evelyn looked back up at Nym, she was smiling again. "Nah. No way am I letting magical powers ruin fantasy for me. Besides, fantasy books have dragons, and - as far as I know - there aren't any dragons on Earth. They also have giant eagles. And swords. Super cool swords, and magical daggers. And way too many other awesome things to name."

"Honestly, I am still wondering if this is all some crazy dream that keeps occuring."  Nym said with a smile.  "When I was younger I used to make up a character and put it into the story I was reading, now, I don't know, everything is happening. But, I do agree, Fantasy will never be ruined."  Nym want back to reading with a smile.

Just warning you, I won't be as active on here as I have been.

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

"Yeah, Ashlyn is still here" He said as he followed her down. "Let me know if you need anything" he said, beseechingly.

Shana sighed and hopped off the tree. "Let's head inside." She grinned at him. "Time to get the party started."