AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jace nodded, grinning. "I'm definitely enjoying it so far- it's incredible. The decorations are gorgeous, the food is amazing... I'm excited to talk to people is all. I mean, that's all that matters in the end, right? The people." He hugged Edwin from the side, grinning before letting him go and snatching a taco. 

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

20 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

He hugged Twin from the side, grinning before letting him go and snatching a taco. 

That feel when he hugs your spren instead of you :lol: 

I bet George will be with us for at least a quarter of the story! ;) 

Hey Lith, do you want to take the gift that Cassie tried to give you guys? I only tagged Ax cause that’s who she was originally going to hand it to, but she would’ve given it to either of you. 

7 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace smiled at Cassie again and blushed, realizing his mistake. "I'm so sorry... Yeah, thank you... I'll love it. No idea what it is, or if Ax will like it, but I'll be very grateful. Thank you." He smiled at her gratefully. 

“Don’t thank me, it was nothing,” she said instantly, smiling back at him. Waving a goodbye, she meandered to the food, got some of everything, and settled in a corner to munch. 

Shana waved after Nym. "See you! I bet the sprend found something too heavy for them to carry!" She laughed. It was always the same with them. The would find something, realize it was heavier than a leaf and ask a Radiant to come by to pick it up.

========

Mahad circled excitedly around the coin when Lopen rushed off. He was happy to see Glint happy, happy that Shana wasn't sitting on her tree anymore. It was good to see her talking. Playfully he continued to circle around to coin, waited for Lopen to be back.

@Aragorn

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Shana waved after Nym. "See you! I bet the sprend found something too heavy for them to carry!" She laughed. It was always the same with them. The would find something, realize it was heavier than a leaf and ask a Radiant to come by to pick it up.

========

Mahad circled excitedly around the coin when Lopen rushed off. He was happy to see Glint happy, happy that Shana wasn't sitting on her tree anymore. It was good to see her talking. Playfully he continued to circle around to coin, waited for Lopen to be back.

@Aragorn

Nym followed Lopen, laughing, to find a coin lying in the grass and two spren hovering about it.  See, it is George!  Isn't he shiny? Lopen said with awe, Nym heartily agreed and picked up the coin, "Now what?"  She asked.  @Sorana @Lunamor

19 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Nym followed Lopen, laughing, to find a coin lying in the grass and two spren hovering about it.  See, it is George!  Isn't he shiny? Lopen said with awe, Nym heartily agreed and picked up the coin, "Now what?"  She asked.  @Sorana @Lunamor

Tell her to get it inside and give it Rob. Mahad flew around Lopen, wings spread wide. Maybe it can convince Cup to play with us.

Excitedly he turned in the air, for a moment lost his shape and then reformed. And then we could search for something else. Maybe a feather, or a broken egg? He suggested and eyed Glint, hoped his ideas were alright for the others.

On 10/21/2019 at 6:33 PM, Blessing of Potency said:

“Well great. Guess I’ll need a spotter or something so I don’t accidentally attack a normal person. Unless you guys are playing this defensively.” Ashlyn says, “you think they’ll come after me because I helped you guys last night?”

@Dr. Dapper

31 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Tell her to get it inside and give it Rob. Mahad flew around Lopen, wings spread wide. Maybe it can convince Cup to play with us.

Excitedly he turned in the air, for a moment lost his shape and then reformed. And then we could search for something else. Maybe a feather, or a broken egg? He suggested and eyed Glint, hoped his ideas were alright for the others.

Nym did as the spren told her to, and gave it to Rob, saying, "The spren told me to give this to you."  @Sorana @Lunamor @I think I am here.

Just now, Aragorn said:

Nym did as the spren told her to, and gave it to Rob, saying, "The spren told me to give this to you."  @Sorana @Lunamor @I think I am here.

Joyfully Mahad rushed after Nym, landed on Shana's knee. "It's for you Cup." He told the other spren excitedly, although he wasn't entirely sure where he was at the moment. But it would work out. It had to.  He folded his wings and looked up, hoped that Cup would come out and talk to them. Maybe even play.

@I think I am here.

8 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Oh, I have big plans for George :lol:

7 hours ago, AonEne said:

Hehehehehehe, puns :lol:

13 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Do you think I should come up with something?" Shana asked and considered what she might say. "I'm fine with speaking in front of others."

She sighed at his tie and pointed at the dirt on her pants. "Jace bought me a dress. Beautiful, sparkly and green. I have to put it on at one point." Smiling she reached out for Rob's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. He was happy that she was still here. It made her feel warm and fuzzy, her envy at Ashlyn slowly subsiding. Maybe nothing would change. Nothing grave at least.

"What do you think about turning this house into a fortress? Add some security systems, strengthen the walls. Things like that. We never known when they will attack us the next time."

Ben smiled slightly when Shana mentioned Jace giving her a new dress. He was glad that she had gotten one to replace the one he had caused to be ripped up and covered in blood. He still felt a bit guilty about that.

She talked about adding some security to the house and he immediately latched onto the idea, thinking of all possible uses and implementations for something like that.

“That’s a really good idea. How haven’t we thought of this before?”

Ben almost got up and started pacing but didn’t want to disturb Shana.

”Doc certainly has the money to do something like that. And it would be relatively simple to install. Plus, there is no way we would be able to sense all incoming Voidbringer attacks on our own.”

================

Meanwhile, Glint was excitedly zipping in circles around Mahad and George. He couldn’t wait for his new friend and Cup to meet. Perhaps it would make her happy- she always seemed so scared and like she needed a hug. Too bad Glint wasn’t able to give hugs. George might’ve been able to, though. 

“Thanks,” Rob said to Nym and placed the coin on his knee.

He nodded when they talked about extra security. He left his hand where it was, the gentle squeeze comforting. Sometimes he wondered why anyone put up with him when there was no reaction to half the things they did. It had been difficult making friends when he was young.

“I could make something, if I have designs,” he said. “Thicker walls, sturdier frameworks in general to withstand more.” All he needed was stone and time, and there was plenty of stone around the property he could use. The idea of a fortress home sat well with him. His mind drifted back to the dream-fight they had had with Sha-Theoxis, the image of the burning house burnt in his mind.

“Security, stability, it’s important. You won’t find any objection from me,” he said. Then looked to Shana. “Tomorrow is my debate, which is good, I guess.” he said. He’d been practising his speech, felt he was ready.

—-

“It’s for you Cup.”

Cup slowly made herself visible, slowly slipping out of Rob’s sleeve. She kept close to Rob, curiously peering at the coin, before slowly hopping towards it in wonder.

“Oh wow,” he whispered, touching the large face with her fingers. She huddled against it, unfortunately it was way too heavy for her to carry back to where she was hiding. “But, why give it to me?”

Shana nodded, glad that they agreed to her idea that easily. "I think we should thicken the walls, and maybe change the windows into something transparent but durable?" She suggested. "There are many possibilities on the electronical side, maybe we can build something that detects a Voidbringer?" Gently she touched Ben's leg when she felt him nearly stand up. Smiling she looked into his face, gave him a slight push. She liked when he walked around while thinking. It was just so much Ben.

"I'd like to have weapons at strategic places, maybe install doors, so that we can seal parts of the house shut. Emergency exists as well. Next time they come, we will be prepared."

She wasn't sure what to do with the dreams, but how to protect them from that was maybe a different matter. One to be solved sometime else.

----.----

Mahad extended his neck towards her, moving slowly as he wanted to appear harmless. He was harmless, everybody in the house found his dragon shape endearing, so he tried to look like a cute and harmless little black dragon. Now and then he forgot his tail and it just resumed to be a cloud of dark smoke, but he liked his wings. Dragons seemed a bit complicared, needing wings to fly, but they breathed fire. Tha tg made them awesome. Slowly he shuffled towards Cup and the coin, left Shana's knee and hung in the air, withough moving at all.

"Do you want to play with us?" He asked her. "We search for shiny things or feathers and watch bird fly around."

@I think I am here.

@Lunamor

@Aragorn

Ashlyn nods, still planning to be at least on gaurd, "Thank you. If you guys need help with anything please don't hesitate to call me." She gives him a smile then turns and walks off, looking for someone to talk to. Apparently a party had started in the time that they had been talking.

Litterally anyone to talk to. Someone start a conversation pliz. She needs to get to know more people in the group...

5 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Ashlyn nods, still planning to be at least on gaurd, "Thank you. If you guys need help with anything please don't hesitate to call me." She gives him a smile then turns and walks off, looking for someone to talk to. Apparently a party had started in the time that they had been talking.

Living room? There are four of us atm, if you want to? could also be interesting with Shana there, you said you had something in mind. She's got no real reason to stand up atm, but you could walk over.

14 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Living room? There are four of us atm, if you want to? could also be interesting with Shana there, you said you had something in mind. She's got no real reason to stand up atm, but you could walk over.

Aight. Give me a second, I'll edit this post when I'm done.

Ashlyn wanders into the living room. Noticing Rob and Shana she walks over, "hello~~" She says, waving slightly, "I don't think I know your names." She says to other two.

@Sorana

@I think I am here.

@Wyndlerunner

@Aragorn

Edited by Blessing of Potency

1 hour ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Ashlyn wanders into the living room. Noticing Rob and Shana she walks over, "hello~~" She says, waving slightly, "I don't think I know your names." She says to other two.

"Hey Ashlyn." Shana forced a smile on her face and quickly went on speaking. "My boyfriend Ben, and Nym." No need to take Rob away from me, I have a boyfriend, you can be his girlfriend, but I'm his best friend. She finished her sentenced silently and froze when she saw something on Ashlyn's arm. "Nice bracelet. Can I take a look?"

That bracelet. Her eyes darted to Mahad, the little dragon body formed out of a smokelike cloud. The bracelet, dripping smoke, just like Mahad was now and then. She would have recognized it everywhere  anywhere. Dustbringer. Ashlyn. Rob would stop training with her. He would stop having her back. Because his soon-to-be girlfriend could take Shana's place completely.

Edited by Sorana

*sigh* fine Shana, take it that way I guess.

She gives waves to the two now named people and tries her best to actually commit their names to memory. Ashlyn frowns at Shana's request and looks down at her arm, realization dawns on her when she notices the red band again. "Uh sure, I'm actually not sure where it came from."

Edited by Blessing of Potency

44 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

She gives waves to the two now named people and tries her best to actually commit their names to memory. Ashlyn frowns at Shana's request and looks down at her arm, realization dawns on her when she notices the red band again. "Uh sure, I'm actually not sure where it came from."

"For how long do you have it?" She asked Ashlyn carefully and tightened her fingers around Ben. "It's beautiful." Mahad looked over and she saw him notice the bracelet, then he gave her a stern look, reminding her. Ashlyn. Shana nodded at him. She would play her role. She would. Everything else was dangerous to all of them.

2 hours ago, Blessing of Potency said:

@Sorana

@I think I am here.

@Wyndlerunner

@Aragorn

James held out his hand "James, and you must be Ashlyn?" he asked