City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

Deteca followed her wordlessly, raising her eyebrows at the glances Zokora kept shooting back. Presumably they were to make sure she and Neil were following her, but Deteca couldn't help thinking it also looked like someone trying to spot a tail.

Edit: Hey, are we planning anything special or should we try to conclude this satisfyingly before the Era's up? 

@Sorana @xinoehp512 

Edited by AonEne

On 4.9.2019 at 9:47 PM, AonEne said:

Edit: Hey, are we planning anything special or should we try to conclude this satisfyingly before the Era's up? 

I have to admit, I've got no real plan. To really start something would probably be too much. So I think we'll just find a conclusion or rp some conversation.

I can stree her hallucinations a bit more for some cd/ friendship stuff, if you want to?

Zokora stepped out into the harbour and walked over to a small bar with some stools overlooking the ships.

"I've always enjoyed to come here. Watch the ships get loaded and unloaded."

It was calming. She ordered something to drink and then waited for Neil and Deteca to order as well. The shadow was gone for now. Good. Relaxing slightly, she smiled again.

@xinoehp512

6 hours ago, AonEne said:

Deteca sat next to Zokora and ordered water, smiling at the bartender. Looking back at Zokora, she asked, “What is it you like about it?” 

Zokora grinned and then pointed at a ferry that was loaded this moment.

"Don't laugh."

She warned and watched how the ferry swallowed a vehicle.

"It's fascinating how much they can fit in their bellies. Like a whale eating food. All vehicles look small next to the ferry and they drive in there and vanish. Then the next one vanishes. And the next one. It's peaceful and slow, quiet. And fascinating to watch."

She took a sip of her drink and shook her head at her own words. Like a child. But then she'd done this ever since she was a child. Zokora gasped in pain when a blade was stabbed through her hand and she whirled around. The dead man was there, suddenly, as if out of nothing. He laughed and aimed for her belly next, but she jumped up, ripped her hand free her stool tumbling to the ground.

"Go away." She hissed at the ghost, moved into a fighting stance. He'd killed her once today. Once was enough.

Deteca watched with Zokora, thinking about what she’d said as her water arrived. “True,” she murmured softly, gazing out. There was something strangely calming about it, though Deteca thought she found more peace in the gentle rushing movement of the water than in the consumption of the ferry. 

All at once Zokora gasped, spun, and jumped from her stool, which toppled over. Pulling roughly back, the woman snapped, “Go away!” 

Deteca stood, wide-eyed. Did she mean her, or Neil, or someone else nearby? But nobody had done anything, made any moves toward her, and while Deteca couldn’t say she exactly knew Zokora, this didn’t seem like normal behavior. “Zokora?” she said finally, tentatively. “Are you all right?” 

28 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Deteca stood, wide-eyed. Did she mean her, or Neil, or someone else nearby? But nobody had done anything, made any moves toward her, and while Deteca couldn’t say she exactly knew Zokora, this didn’t seem like normal behavior. “Zokora?” she said finally, tentatively. “Are you all right?” 

Zokora's eyes followed the knife dripping blood, evaded the stab and drew her own. A part of her knew, that it wasn't real, that it was only in her mind, but it felt real. It was real. She ducked beneath a clumsy blow and hit the man on the knee, her foot connecting with another stool.

“Zokora?” she heard Deteca “Are you all right?” 

At first she ignored the question, concentrated on the fight, then the question replayed in her head again. Deteca. She aimed for the man's throat, killed him quickly, watched him fall to the ground, blood pooling around her feet. Slowly she turned her head.

"Ghosts."

She replied tonelessly.

"They hunt me, they kill me."

After a short, breathless fight against nothing, Zokora turned back and spoke. Deteca blinked, then winced. She picked up the fallen stool and set it on its feet again, then, still staring at it, said, “That didn’t answer my question.” 

8 minutes ago, AonEne said:

After a short, breathless fight against nothing, Zokora turned back and spoke. Deteca blinked, then winced. She picked up the fallen stool and set it on its feet again, then, still staring at it, said, “That didn’t answer my question.” 

"Yes, sorry."

Zokora sat down again, put the knife away. Was she alright? She wasn't sure, but still she forced a smile on her face.

"Yes, I think I am."

It was Deteca after all. How would it seem if Althea's assistant admitted loudly that she was crazy?

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

“Okay,” Deteca said carefully. “Well, I hope no more try to kill you today.” 

Zokora sighed.

"It's worse when I'm tense, on the edge. Like today with the fighting. Like memories I can never wash off."

She fell silent, took another sip, then she took out her folder and leaved through it, the familiar words calming her.

"It's why I work for Althea, instead of actively..."

Her hand made a gesture, to indicate a more active part in the organization. She knew, that there were better fits for the position, but it gave her something to do.

"I'd planed to ask at the church if they know how to banish ghosts, but they were busy and I doubt that I'm really welcome here. I mean, I dealt with that for years. I can go on."

I just don't want to.

On 8/29/2019 at 10:26 AM, Sorana said:

The guard handed him a phone number.

"Just contact him. He's in Alleycity."

===========

Zokora opened her eyes again, to the sounds and the smells of a living city. She liked Oasis, with its harbour, the round city towering just to the side.

"Welcome to Oasis City."

She smiled at Neil and Deteca and let go of their hands.

"Well, to the harbour at least."

With a wide gesture she included everything around them. The merchants calling out to possible customers, the sailors on their way to the nearest tavern, or back to their ship. Clerks rushing by, their steps fast, their eyes straight ahead. Probably on their way to do something important. Without really realizing she relaxed and looked around. The walls of the city were close, the nearest gate open, with a line in front of it.

"I can't take you into the city itself, just like that. You'll have to register and most likely we'll be accompanied by some guards."

She shot an apologetic look to Deteca.

"But if you want to, I can give you a tour of the harbour, and then of the city. It is possible."

And most likely not everybody would be pleased with that offer, but she would deal with that later. Trust for trust. Deteca had trusted her, had saved their men. So she would answer that trust, by extending her own.

@AonEne

@xinoehp512

Gunter contacts Mike, phone rings "Hello I am Gunter."

Mike: *dies into phone* :P 

Deteca nodded slowly. This was some form of PTSD, then, or at least it sounded like it. So many people here had PTSD. Why are we all so collectively broken? “You don’t have to keep going,” she told Zokora quietly. “It’s all up to you.” A thought occurred to her and she added, “Which church did you mean?” 

9 hours ago, AonEne said:

Deteca nodded slowly. This was some form of PTSD, then, or at least it sounded like it. So many people here had PTSD. Why are we all so collectively broken? “You don’t have to keep going,” she told Zokora quietly. “It’s all up to you.” A thought occurred to her and she added, “Which church did you mean?” 

"Of the White Rose."

Uncomfortably she clapsed her hands together.

"I thought they might have a way to banish the ghosts. It's what a church does. Make sure the dead stay dead. At least I hope that they can do it. I figured it can't hurt to ask."

Edited by Sorana

17 hours ago, AonEne said:

Deteca had never heard of that definition of a church before, but then she’d never really been religious, so it made a little sense. “Okay. I apologize for asking, if it...made you uncomfortable.” 

"It just sounds stupid, speaking about it."

Zokora smiled, continued to sip her drink.

"Thanks for asking though. Most just think of an apology to go away."

On 9/9/2019 at 11:47 PM, Sorana said:

"It just sounds stupid, speaking about it."

Zokora smiled, continued to sip her drink.

"Thanks for asking though. Most just think of an apology to go away."

"Hey, stuff like that isn't stupid." Deteca sat forward on her stool, looking at her seriously. "It's just life, it happens. But you're welcome." She reached for her phone finally, reluctantly, almost not wanting to check and see if there was more destruction back in the city. There was, it turned out, but several conflicting reports insisted that Ajax had died in various ways. Most seemed to agree that it had been Voidus. "I guess the DA is doing what they do best," she muttered, glancing back up at Zokora.

8 hours ago, AonEne said:

"Hey, stuff like that isn't stupid." Deteca sat forward on her stool, looking at her seriously. "It's just life, it happens. But you're welcome." She reached for her phone finally, reluctantly, almost not wanting to check and see if there was more destruction back in the city. There was, it turned out, but several conflicting reports insisted that Ajax had died in various ways. Most seemed to agree that it had been Voidus. "I guess the DA is doing what they do best," she muttered, glancing back up at Zokora.

Zokora followed her example and checked the status.

"Then we'd better return and try to see what needs to be done. Shelter for those without homes, basic supplies. Start a list what was destroyed, what we need to rebuild."

Still she remained sitting, looked out at the ocean, at one of the ships. Return. She had to, but she knew that the ghosts would be there as well.

Neil watched the waves rise and fall, the chatter of the women behind him a distant echo in the back of his mind. Such a powerful force, and yet… so calming, so relaxing to watch. One could almost stop thinking altogether, watching the waves. Let go, and forget your worries.
Forget, and remember…
Standing on the shore, a single smudge against the scarlet sunset. Watching the waves.
Waves, slowly shifting in ways no wave should. Showing what waves should not show.
Seeing what was, and what had been, and what was yet to be...

Neil? asked Daa, his quavering voice pulsing through Neil’s mind.
 Reality rushed back in in a flood, shattering his brief vision and stealing whatever remembrance it had brought. He shook his head to clear it, absently responding to Daa -Yes?- as he tried to remember whatever it was that had just slipped from his mind. It was important, he knew it was.
Daa pulsed again in his mind, anxious. Are you… alright?
Neil sighed, turning away from the waves. Yes, he responded. I’m fine.

On 9/12/2019 at 4:33 AM, Sorana said:

Still she remained sitting, looked out at the ocean, at one of the ships. Return. She had to, but she knew that the ghosts would be there as well.

Deteca nodded in agreement, but didn't move either. Moving would mean going back to the again-decimated city, having to be a leader, having to know what to do. And continuing to sit here just meant enjoying the view of water and ships and the occasional bit of conversation.

After a few minutes, she sighed and looked up. As much as she didn't want to, she had to face the press of issues sometime, for her guild and the innocent citizens of the Alleyverse if not for herself. She felt guiltier every second she sat here doing nothing except composing herself for the inevitability. "I'm sorry to ask this of you, but could you Elsecall me back to TUBA's main base in the Alleycity?"

4 hours ago, AonEne said:

Deteca nodded in agreement, but didn't move either. Moving would mean going back to the again-decimated city, having to be a leader, having to know what to do. And continuing to sit here just meant enjoying the view of water and ships and the occasional bit of conversation.

After a few minutes, she sighed and looked up. As much as she didn't want to, she had to face the press of issues sometime, for her guild and the innocent citizens of the Alleyverse if not for herself. She felt guiltier every second she sat here doing nothing except composing herself for the inevitability. "I'm sorry to ask this of you, but could you Elsecall me back to TUBA's main base in the Alleycity?"

"Yes, of course."

Zokora stood up, paid at the counter and then saw a pen lying there. She hesitated, then made a decision. Quickly she wrote down a number, her phone number and returned to Deteca.

"Here. Should you want to chat again one day."

She smiled at her, then inhaled, concentrated. The conversation had been great, she'd enjoyed herself. With the leader of TUBA. Still she smiled when she gently touched Deteca's arm, offered a hand to Neil as well. Maybe they could meet again one day. Talk some more. But for now, they had to return to their own guilds, their own duties.

"We should work together, rebuilding."

She suggested and then reached out for the realm close to theirs. She ripped a path open for them and brought them back, back to the city that was the center of so many lives. Back home.

Edited by Sorana

Deteca accepted the paper with a tentative smile. It wasn’t often that a Ghostblood who knew who she was gave her their number, and less often that she felt tempted to actually contact them with it. But Zokora was...nice. So she took the paper and slipped it into a secure pocket, nudging Zokora’s arm back in a friendly way - before realizing that she’d only touched her to Elsecall her and dying a little of embarrassment. No matter how old you get, a faux pas is a faux pas. 

Acting like it had been totally normal, she said lightly, “Thanks. And that’s a good idea.” Then she closed her eyes to the Light of the teleportation and readied herself for what was to come. 

For all the many, many things to come. 

So are we ending this here? Also, Xino, is Neil coming with, because if we inadvertently abandon him I’m going to feel so bad. 

This thread is now moved to Era 4.

Everybody is welcome to join the plot that will happen here. If you want to, you can join the plot planning PM, otherwise you can allow yourself to be surprised. If you have any questions feel free to contact someone from the initial planning team (Itiah, Axe (=Sherlock Holmes), Lord Furret, me) or just ask in this thread.

Half a year had passed since the incident at Alleycity, half a year that had been spend with repairing, rebuilding parts of the city, a work that while it had been started with eager hands was a long way from done. Still the Ghostbloods looked into the future and now it was time to come together, to look back at those that had fought for them, had stood against the enemy. It was time to focus on the future and to stride there full of pride and strength.

Mike stopped in front of the guards and handed his invitation over, looked at the huge open door behind them. Golden light spilled outside at the street and around him he could hear laughter, people greeting each other, hugging each other. Some wore black to honour their lost ones, but most were looking forward to the ball, to a bright evening looking at things that were to come. The guard gestured for him to step inside and he did, looked around in awe. He had been in the meeting hall before, but never when it had been decorated like that. The huge ceiling was partially covered with long stripes of cloth, and candles, as well as intelligently places lights covered the whole room in a warm light. A band had set up their equipment in a corner and were finishing some last preparations, there even was a place to dance later on. Whoever had planed this, must have taken a lot of time and thought to arrange everything that the meeting hall looked more like a ballroom. Food and drinks were prepared at one side of the room, as well as tables and of course a huge stage.

For now the stage was empty and instead he idly started to walk around, look to see if he knew anybody.

@Truthless of Shinovar @Ark1002 @kenod @whoeverelseImissed

@I think I am here. @Lord Furret @AonEne @Sherlock Holmes

Edited by Sorana