City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

Anthony Nightshade walked into the room, handing the invite to a man at the door, and snagging a glass of a deep violet Rosharan wine. He walked up to Mike, grinning, and took a deep sip. "Mike. How are you?" He already had color in his cheeks, and it was obvious that he had already been drinking before he got there, from the sway in his step, and the slightly fuzzy look in his eyes.

Against Tena's wishes, Anthony was drunk. Again.

Seriously man? Hellbent never got drunk. Though, he did have gold. 

Shut up, Voice. I'm with people, I don't want you distracting me unless I need a Hellbent memory.

Voice mentally huffed. Fine.

Anthony grinned sloppily, looking down. He wasn't wearing his warrior clothes, as he usually did around the Guns N Ninjas group. But, this was a party, afterall. He was wearing a white t-shirt that was tight, outlining his perfect muscular structure. He also wore sweatpants, and a tie dye beanie, which looked incredibly stupid with his handsome face and long white hair. And then he noticed. He'd forgotten his shoes. He sighed slightly, but as usual, he was too happy in his drunken state for it to last long.

@Sorana

~-~-~-~-~

Lord Arkos watched from above, face grim. It always was. He wore his usual dramatic suit. He was in a small box, watching the feasts. He would come down later for the promotions, but in the meantime he would watch. It would not do for him to mingle with his underlings at a party.

~-~-~-~-~

Devaan leaned against a wall in the back.

You're here, Hellbent.

That's not me. That's the weak me.

Sure. Whatever you say.

6 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

“Oh, I’m not for sure,” Tels said. “I’d love to get one, but I’m not for sure if my actions during the whole Ajax crisis qualify me for a promotion. Nothing serious at least, I’d assume.” 

Pausing for a moment to lift a waffle to his mouth, Tels then continued. “Any stories? About being a Ghostblood?”

"I don't," Mari said, sounding more brusque than intended. Why would he even ask about that, she wondered. She knew her work was necessary, no matter how repulsive it was, but to then go and share stories about it? That would be wrong on too many levels.

6 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Anthony Nightshade walked into the room, handing the invite to a man at the door, and snagging a glass of a deep violet Rosharan wine. He walked up to Mike, grinning, and took a deep sip. "Mike. How are you?" He already had color in his cheeks, and it was obvious that he had already been drinking before he got there, from the sway in his step, and the slightly fuzzy look in his eyes.

Mike looked up when the fourth member of the Guns n' Ninjas walked up to him and grimaced slightly when he took in Anthonys appearance. Contrasting Wes and Seom, Anthony hadn't been with them during the battle against the invaders and he had no idea, where he had been afterwards. But then, Mike himself hadn't been here as well. Snake hissed at the alcohol she could smell on Anthony's breath and Mike forced a smile on his face.

Shoes. The man was even missing shoes. Not that it mattered. He was barely able to stand. Mike wished he could walk him away, sit him on a stool. but he couldn't, not as long as Mr. Itiah hadn't allowed him to go away and so he stood there, smiling awkwardly at the elder, drunk man. Carefully he moved slightly, so that he stood between Anthony and Wes, as well as Wes and Mr. Itiah.

"I'm fine, thank you."

He replied and shot a look asking for help at Seom.

"How have you been these last months?"

@Sherlock Holmes

@I think I am here.

20 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Is there anything else I can do for you sir?"

Mr. Itiah shook his head and smiled. “It looks like your friends are all here. I’ll leave you to it, then.”

As he walked over to the other side of the stage he noticed more and more people coming in, mingling. That was fine. Unrolling his sleeve Mr. Itiah looked at his fabrial watch — a real watch, none of those fancy metal-circle-with-arms things the Scadrians had, and pressed a smokestone to set a timer for an hour. An hour of mingling, speaking, people to come in, and then they’d begin the formal awards night.

He looked at some of the other people here. He didn’t say anything about the man with no shoes, Mr. Itiah had learnt long ago some people’s powers required very specific circumstances to activate, and he wasn’t one to discriminate.

——

“Thank you,” Wes whispered and stepped from behind Mike. He smiled and waved at Anthony and Seom.

“Hello Did you guys get the invite as well?”

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mike looked up when the fourth member of the Guns n' Ninjas walked up to him and grimaced slightly when he took in Anthonys appearance. Contrasting Wes and Seom, Anthony hadn't been with them during the battle against the invaders and he had no idea, where he had been afterwards. But then, Mike himself hadn't been here as well. Snake hissed at the alcohol she could smell on Anthony's breath and Mike forced a smile on his face.

Shoes. The man was even missing shoes. Not that it mattered. He was barely able to stand. Mike wished he could walk him away, sit him on a stool. but he couldn't, not as long as Mr. Itiah hadn't allowed him to go away and so he stood there, smiling awkwardly at the elder, drunk man. Carefully he moved slightly, so that he stood between Anthony and Wes, as well as Wes and Mr. Itiah.

"I'm fine, thank you."

He replied and shot a look asking for help at Seom.

"How have you been these last months?"

@Sherlock Holmes

@I think I am here.

"I've been good," Seom said. "Got some sword training. Always a joy." She smiled, then looked at the last member of her squad and cocked her head. "Anthony Nightshade. I went to your wedding..." She trailed off, noticing thst he was drunk and wrinkling her nose. 

Tena had already been there for a while. She was pretty high-ranking, given that she had been a Ghostblood for twenty years, fought in the Seven Day War, arranged a Ghostblood/TUBA alliance, even quelled one of the people who had been destroying Oasis City. She straightened her tie and checked her cuffs, then looked herself over and nodded. She was "backstage", getting ready for the awards and ranks to be given. She wondered if she was getting promoted, then shook her head. She was already pretty high-up. She walked to the entrance into the party and looked out, then saw Ani and sighed. Idiot. Hope he got a baby sitter for Sol. If he didn't... She growled and rubbed her temples with her fingers. How could such a sweet, caring man be such a headache sometimes? 

She sighed, and put that aside, checking her clothes again. She was wearing a suit, and thought it looked rather nice on her. Ani would probably think so. If one thing could be said about her idiotic husband, it was that he was kind, and sweet. And dangerous. But he knows that I'm in charge, so... She hoped that her ability to bring Ani to his knees would continue to last. Otherwise, she'd be pretty angry, and would probably slap Ani, and then he'd look like a little lost puppy, and then she'd feel bad, so she decided to avoid that at all costs. 

Tena stepped out into the party and walked to the feast, taking a plate and putting some roast chicken and pizza on it. She walked over to where her husband and his squad were. "Guns N Ninjas, right?" she asked them, hoping that she didn't appear suddenly enough to scare them. She looked at Ani. "Did you get a baby sitter for Sol?" @I think I am here. @Ark1002

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"I've been good," Seom said. "Got some sword training. Always a joy." She smiled, then looked at the last member of her squad and cocked her head. "Anthony Nightshade. I went to your wedding..." She trailed off, noticing thst he was drunk and wrinkling her nose. 

"Gladly."

Mike said to Wes and was about to get Anthony of the stage, when Tena stepped in. Maybe it was better to leave that part to her.

"I had an assignment, spied on some."

He told them and then added quietly, mostly because it felt right and he knew he had to speak these words now. If things got complicated again, who knew if he found a way back.

"It's good to see you though. I feel like I'm going crazy. And you guys really mean a lot to me."

@I think I am here.

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

"Gladly."

Mike said to Wes and was about to get Anthony of the stage, when Tena stepped in. Maybe it was better to leave that part to her.

"I had an assignment, spied on some."

He told them and then added quietly, mostly because it felt right and he knew he had to speak these words now. If things got complicated again, who knew if he found a way back.

"It's good to see you though. I feel like I'm going crazy. And you guys really mean a lot to me."

@I think I am here.

Seom nodded. "You guys mean a lot to me, too."

4 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Anthony hiccuped, and grinned at Tena. "Of course. It's... uh..." He paused for a second, face confused. Then it lit up. "Ah! The old lady across the street!"

He hiccuped again.

"Sorry I got drunk, there was just a really good wine on the drive here."

Tena rolled her eyes and patted his arm. "Well, good. I guess that's better than you just having left Sol in the house the second you spotted something to drink." She raised an eyebrow at him. "Okay, well. I have something to tell you, whenever you're ready."

Tara scanned the crowd with her rifle scope, searching for any potential attackers. The worst things always seemed to happen at Ghostblood parties, and the top brass hadn’t skipped out on security. She was one of something like ten other snipers positioned near the roof of the building. Tara had only a vague clue of where they could be, as she hadn’t been told, but she could infer from the design of the building where the best places to position a gunman would be. 

She sighed, watching the party continue to flow on below her, and didn’t envy those who had to actually interact with the guests. Ok, maybe she did. Just a little.

2 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Anthony paused, and leaned against a nearby table. "I'm ready now." He hiccuped lightly. "I should probably find someone with progression..."

@Sherlock Holmes

~-~-~-~-~

Ronin pushed off the wall, and began wandering through the crowd.

Tena breathed for a minute. "I'm pregnant again," she said. 

1 minute ago, Ark1002 said:

Anthony's arm went limp, and he hit the floor. Then he jumped up, a massive smile on his face. "Yes, yes, yes!" He hugged her, the drunkenness pierced for the time being. He pulled back, grin wide, and turned, shouting "I'M HAVING ANOTHER CHILD."

@Sherlock Holmes

Tena grinned and enjoyed the hug while it lasted. "So we are. Though I'd be concerned if you were pregnant, as I am pretty sure you are not a woman."

On 9/17/2019 at 3:18 AM, kenod said:

"I don't," Mari said, sounding more brusque than intended. Why would he even ask about that, she wondered. She knew her work was necessary, no matter how repulsive it was, but to then go and share stories about it? That would be wrong on too many levels.

Tels shrugged. Noticing her stiffening up, he decided to move on. “If you say so,” he said. “I’ve heard about some new tunnel complex that has opened up beneath the Alleycity. That should make for some interesting exploration.”

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

“You all mean a lot to me as well,” Wes said to the squad and quickly looked to Tena when she appeared with food. It was a little intimidating, but then again, for Wes this entire party was a little intimidating.

“They had me make some of those lights,” Wes said quietly, pointing to a large amount of Christmas lights by the north side of the hall. Instead of shining red and green however, they shined golden and blinked in a calming pattern along the edge of the ceiling.

I’ll probably start the proceedings in about ~12 hours, so if any of you want to introduce your character before that, now’s the time (you can also introduce characters afterwards, of course).

Edited by I think I am here.

24 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels shrugged. Noticing her stiffening up, he decided to move on. “If you say so,” he said. “I’ve heard about some new tunnel complex that has opened up beneath the Alleycity. That should make for some interesting exploration.”

"I guess?" Mari answered. She wondered what tunnel complex he was talking about. She hadn't kept up with news for a while now, and apparently she had missed a number of things. "It will probably just end with a lot of corpses, judging by how everything normally goes in this world," she muttered.

9 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

He grinned at her. "Yes, yes, you are having the child." He grinned, and hugged her again, kissing her on the cheek.

"Now, let me go find a progression radiant.

She nodded. "Okay, dear. You go do that." She hugged him tightly for a minute, then let him go.

31 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“You all mean a lot to me as well,” Wes said to the squad and quickly looked to Tena when she appeared with food. It was a little intimidating, but then again, for Wes this entire party was a little intimidating.

“They had me make some of those lights,” Wes said quietly, pointing to a large amount of Christmas lights by the north side of the hall. Instead of shining red and green however, they shined golden and blinked in a calming pattern along the edge of the ceiling.

Mike looked at the lights. They were shiny, blinking slowly and he smiled.

"That's impressive. Did you write the programm controlling them as well?"

He asked idly and took a deep breath. Wes was nervous, Fox could smell it on him, but for once it was easy to push Fox aside to stay in the present. They were here, and they were together. That was a good sign. It had to be. Maybe he should have returned earlier, stayed with his friends, talked to them. Maybe running away had been a mistake.