City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

23 minutes ago, Vargo Seldon said:

A dark figure approached the city.  He stood atop a hill, overlooking his prize.  It would not be long before it was his...

He walked forwards, silently slipping through the gate.  The Aonic shielding did nothing to hinder his approach, as his Ghostblood tattoo was still good.  

The grand doors of the Ghostblood great hall were flung open.  The man stood there.  He was plated in dark armor, outlined in red.  His helmet obscured his face in darkness.  He held nothing in his hands, and appeared to be unarmed.  He dramatically stepped into the center of the room, regarding all around him.  

Finally, in a gravelly, distorted voice, he spoke.  "Follow me, or die.  I challenge the leaders of this guild to step forwards and face me. "

@I think I am here. @Sorana @Ax's Boyfriend

Hey Vargo,

Most characters are bound atm. Is this urgent? Then I can use an NPC, otherwise it will have to wait.

18 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Finally, in a gravelly, distorted voice, he spoke.  "Follow me, or die.  I challenge the leaders of this guild to step forwards and face me. "

Another one of these guys? :lol:

It feels like every couple months someone needs to challenge the leaders of the Ghostbloods for some reason or another...

Edited by Silva

*steeples fingers evily*

Three men stepped out into the great hall and walked towards the challenger. They stopped a few feet from the man, standing in combat ready posistion. The man in the center took a step forward. He was wearing Seanchan armor with a full face helmet, lacquered dark red and black and carried an Ashandarei that gleamed with a silvery color. The two men flanking him wore dark red tabards with low profile black armor underneath and had a sword and an assult rifle strapped to their backs.

The leader removed his helmet and regarded the challenger. "So. You want to lead the Ghostbloods? You have high hopes, but sadly we'll have to crush them underfoot." the man grinned and replaced his helmet, "Leave now, and you won't be stopped. If you stay, I guarantee you'll wish you never thought of this stupid idea."

9 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Three men stepped out into the great hall and walked towards the challenger. They stopped a few feet from the man, standing in combat ready posistion. The man in the center took a step forward. He was wearing Seanchan armor with a full face helmet, lacquered dark red and black and carried an Ashandarei that gleamed with a silvery color. The two men flanking him wore dark red tabards with low profile black armor underneath and had a sword and an assult rifle strapped to their backs.

The leader removed his helmet and regarded the challenger. "So. You want to lead the Ghostbloods? You have high hopes, but sadly we'll have to crush them underfoot." the man grinned and replaced his helmet, "Leave now, and you won't be stopped. If you stay, I guarantee you'll wish you never thought of this stupid idea."

The man in dark armor never moved an inch.  A black sentry, awaiting challenge.  Finally, he spoke, "I will have to kill you three.  Quite a waste."

@Dr. Dapper

The man in dark armor stood still, even when the projectile screamed towards him.  It struck him in the shoulder, seemingly did no damage, and clattered harmlessly to the ground.  

Then he moved.  Just a quick dash across the room, but it was taken so quickly, no one in the room saw it happen.  In the blink of an eye he was right next to his opponents.  He then went into action.  He kicked the first man in the chest, his armored foot doing irreparable damage.  The two on the other side he grabbed by the throats.  He brought them together, slamming their heads against each other, killing them instantly.  

All of this happened in the space of a second, and was over before anyone had time to react.

@Dr. Dapper

9 minutes ago, Vargo Seldon said:

The man in dark armor stood still, even when the projectile screamed towards him.  It struck him in the shoulder, seemingly did no damage, and clattered harmlessly to the ground.  

Then he moved.  Just a quick dash across the room, but it was taken so quickly, no one in the room saw it happen.  In the blink of an eye he was right next to his opponents.  He then went into action.  He kicked the first man in the chest, his armored foot doing irreparable damage.  The two on the other side he grabbed by the throats.  He brought them together, slamming their heads against each other, killing them instantly.  

All of this happened in the space of a second, and was over before anyone had time to react.

@Dr. Dapper

Wait, which character is this?

Ok. No. All three of them are wearing advanced ceramic based armor with aluminum plating on the interior. It's designed to stop Shardblade hits or laser blasts. There is no way someone could kick the chestplate and "Irreparably damage" it with being over the points total. 

Same goes for the helmet thing.

3 minutes ago, Silva said:

It seems to be Darkness, given the way the bullet didn't harm him and the speed he uses. And Darkness is a GB, or former one now, according to the bio.

Am I mistaken here, Vargo?

@Vargo Seldon

Alright. I can't find that character sheet though (or any of Vargo's characters for that matter). Do you know where it is?

1 minute ago, kenod said:

They're on the list, just not in the right spot since he changed his name (from King Taravangian iirc) after he was added to it. Vargo's character sheets are between Kidpen's and yours.

But for easy reference, this is Darkness's bio:

Spoiler

Name:  Darkness (had eccentric parents, prefers to be called Dark)

Appearance:  About average height average build, dark hair, brown eyes, nothing striking about his appearance.

Investiture: He's an epic of middling power.  He can manipulate kinetic energy, leeching it out of objects and storing it in himself.  He can only leech objects that are touching him.  He can only store kinetic energy for twelve hours at best, when there's great amounts of it he can only store it for a few minutes.  He can leech it out of anything inorganic, but has trouble with smaller objects, like bullets.  He can stop a bullet as soon as it hits him, but it takes immense focuse and he can't do it with rapid fire.  When he releases the kinetic energy, he can move with extreme speed and power.  Sometimes he can move with such speed as to literally snatch bullets from the air.  He can't take away vibration on the atomic level, such as transforming a liquid to a solid.  He uses the movement of the Earth as a frame of reference for null movement.  He can also sit extremely still and store a small amount of kinetic energy that way, and usually does this when he sleeps.

Weaknesses:  Has trouble leeching kinetic energy out of smaller, fast moving objects.  Is very impulsive, and doesn't always realize the consequences of his actions.  His epic weakness is green light, only the purest frequency of green can completely negate his powers.  Hates stoplights.

Abilities:  Very skilled in hand to hand combat, and mildly skilled in projectile weapons, not guns. His powers allow him to propel knives and other throwable projectiles at immense speeds.  

Personality:  Very unpredictable, kind of obnoxious, and a little insensitive.  Very impulsive, and loves doing his own thing. Most people hate him. 

Backstory:  Was born on Earth (Reckoners)  and had a traumatic experience underneath a stoplight, which lead to his epic weakness.  Calamity came, and he was in the service of one of the more powerful epics.  He learned everything there is to know about hand-to-hand combat, and learned a little about projectile weapons.  He decided that he didn't like the epic he was serving, so he left.  His travels eventually landed him in the alleyverse, which he thought was a cool place. 

Guild:  Ghostbloods

2 minutes ago, Silva said:

Ah, thanks. Name changes are annoying.

Kind of wondering how this would ever get off the ground though, given that his plan is to get support from GB members/NPCs while his character sheet specifically says most people hate him.

Edited by kenod

Yes, you are correct Silva.  It's Darkness with cool-looking armor.  And his fighting skills have also improved from what the bio states.  

Also, Dapper, I'll redo that bit of rp.

Then he moved.  Just a quick dash across the room, but it was taken so quickly, no one in the room saw it happen.  In the blink of an eye he was right next to his opponents.  He then went into action.  

In a blur of motion, he drew several small fighting knives and began to lash out at his opponents.  Aiming for eyes, joints, and other weak points.  Within seconds, his opponents were bleeding from several major wounds.

Edited by Vargo Seldon

Ark appeared. He had purple crystal armor, covering his entire body with twisted spikes. Each arm had blades of the same material extending from it. The blades were a meter in length, with sharp edges and hooks.

Sand swirled around him, ribbon after golden, glowing ribbon. He walked forward, face imperious.

Around him, one by one, appeared black suited men. Each had guns. One had a steel jaw, one was blue skinned, and one had tiger fur patterns. All eight fell into a V position behind Ark.

"Hello, scum. You wish to fight our leadership?"

The bodyguard who had teleported him, a woman with bright purple skin, appeared at his side.

He smiled cruelly.

"Well, I am here."

Darkness stood there imperiously.  He would not be intimidated by this rabble.  However, he knew he could never take them all at once.  Or even consecutively.  He might be able to take five or six, but he would tire.  There was one chance, though.

Silently, the dark figure regarded the group.  Finally he spoke, his voice raspy and distorted by the mask.  "I would challenge you to a one-on-one duel, but I realize that the Ghostblood leadership has no honor."  

Without another word, he charged them.  Without drawing on his immense speed, the charge was much more dramatic.  Much more distracting too.  He pulled two heavy, long daggers from somewhere on his person, and swung them about in a very flashy manner.  

In the process of engaging the point man, he dropped a small proximity bomb.  Kicking it, it rolled to the very center of the group.  It detonated, spraying shrapnel at the men.  They flew back, all sustaining serious wounds.  

@Ax's Boyfriend