City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

On 25.8.2019 at 7:15 PM, Goldeneye63 said:

Gunter "Where can I find Mike?"

The guard handed him a phone number.

"Just contact him. He's in Alleycity."

===========

Zokora opened her eyes again, to the sounds and the smells of a living city. She liked Oasis, with its harbour, the round city towering just to the side.

"Welcome to Oasis City."

She smiled at Neil and Deteca and let go of their hands.

"Well, to the harbour at least."

With a wide gesture she included everything around them. The merchants calling out to possible customers, the sailors on their way to the nearest tavern, or back to their ship. Clerks rushing by, their steps fast, their eyes straight ahead. Probably on their way to do something important. Without really realizing she relaxed and looked around. The walls of the city were close, the nearest gate open, with a line in front of it.

"I can't take you into the city itself, just like that. You'll have to register and most likely we'll be accompanied by some guards."

She shot an apologetic look to Deteca.

"But if you want to, I can give you a tour of the harbour, and then of the city. It is possible."

And most likely not everybody would be pleased with that offer, but she would deal with that later. Trust for trust. Deteca had trusted her, had saved their men. So she would answer that trust, by extending her own.

@AonEne

@xinoehp512

@Voidus @MacThorstenson

I'm not sure what to do. Vargo has been inactive for almost a month now, and I my character is stuck in the fight. It isn't realistic to wait for his return, because Ark is important. But also the character wouldn't just leave the fight.

I'm wondering if it would be okay to godmod Vargo's character into a prison cell? And let him break out without much difficulty when Vargo's back?

Sorry for the delay, I worried about reading the whole thread but then chose to read it all later and start writing in the meantime.

Where on the map are we, btw?

"Thank you," Deteca murmured softly, taking in the view. "A tour of the harbor would be nice." She glanced at Neil, checking. @Sorana @xinoehp512

26 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Where on the map are we, btw?

On the map there is the large circular city. And then to the left, there is the harbour, outside of the central city. That's where we are.

And yes, it's in a desert, but there is a harbour, so...

Zokora nodded and started to walk through the familiar streets.

"The 'Broken Stool' is the most frequented tavern in this area."

Grinning she remembered the nights she'd spent here.

"Not only those working and living here visit it, but also younger Ghostbloods. It's outside of the walls, so easy to get to - and nobody cares about age or how long you stay. It's also a great a place to meet people."

"In the huge building over there," she pointed at another building two streets away from the tavern, "work the clerks overseeing trade. Not only ships arrive here, most trade of the city is flowing through here."

Another wave with her hands indicated some guards.

"Hence the guards." With a shrug she added, "Oasis is protected by a forcefield, that makes trade difficult. Trusted traders can get access, but in general, the harbour is used for exchanging goods."

Turning another corner she made an inviting gesture towards a large market, partially extending underground as well. The air was heavy with smells, people shouted, customers buzzled around, on their way to get this or that.

"Do you want to walk over it, otherwise we can go to the ships."

@AonEne

@xinoehp512

19 hours ago, Sorana said:

Yeah, actually I'm not sure if there is an Alleyverse map showing its location. Basically we need a river/ ocean and a desert. Shouldn't leave too much possible places.

It doesn't have to have a river, not necessarily. There are ways through water other than rivers, paths burrowing deep underground. The Alleycity is landlocked as well, if I recall correctly.

On 30/08/2019 at 6:43 AM, RayOfSunshine said:

I'm not sure what to do. Vargo has been inactive for almost a month now, and I my character is stuck in the fight. It isn't realistic to wait for his return, because Ark is important. But also the character wouldn't just leave the fight.

I'm wondering if it would be okay to godmod Vargo's character into a prison cell? And let him break out without much difficulty when Vargo's back?

Suggestion would be to skip over it for the time being, just leave the outcome unclear and it can be revisited later as a flashback or something when Vargo is available to RP.

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

"Either works for me," Deteca said quietly as she followed along, taking in the sights. Her senses were back to normal now - she wasn't even cold. That had been the last effect of her shock to leave.

Zokora rolled her eyes in mock exasperation.

"Not even the slightest preference?"

She asked and then shrugged.

"I've been to the market countless times, and I visited the harbour more often than I can count."

For a moment she fell quiet, thought about something she could show to Deteca, that maybe interested her. She had no idea what that theoretically could be, and sighed, when she realized that Deteca had seen all of this already as well. She had seen everything. Good job, Zokora.

"If there is no place, you would like to go, we can simply grab something to drink?"

She suggested and considered going back to the broken stool. She liked the place. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a quick movement, nothing more than a shadow and paled slightly under her dark skin. Slowly she rested her hand on her hip, close to her knife. You never knew.

Last October the whole harbor in a desert issue came up in the Chat Thread. 

Spoiler
On 10/25/2018 at 0:17 AM, Sorana said:

Because we've decided in our pm, that it's at the ocean. That's all.

In the end I don't really care if it's a river or the sea.

On 10/25/2018 at 7:31 AM, MacThorstenson said:

I really am sold on the idea of a harbor in the desert. 

Could we have one of those? Eventually?

On 10/25/2018 at 7:33 AM, Sorana said:

Why not :D

If it's alright with the rest.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:04 AM, RayOfSunshine said:

That actually would explain why it's called Oasis city, there is a huge oasis with harbor! I'll add it when I restructure!

On 10/25/2018 at 11:08 AM, xinoehp512 said:

There doesn't seem to be many (well, any) inland bodies of water. Maybe we can have a whole bunch seemingly unconnected to each other but still somehow managing to support a trade system. 

On 10/25/2018 at 2:34 PM, kenod said:

Make them aquatic alleys. Given the way alleys work here, that should connect them together. It'll also give us a good place to store some of the smaller aquatic abominations.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:35 PM, RayOfSunshine said:

That is A.) Genius, and B.) Awesome.

These were the ideas from almost a year ago, so people have every right to rethink it, but still. Water alleys. ^_^

On 9/1/2019 at 11:28 PM, Sorana said:

Zokora rolled her eyes in mock exasperation.

"Not even the slightest preference?"

She asked and then shrugged.

"I've been to the market countless times, and I visited the harbour more often than I can count."

For a moment she fell quiet, thought about something she could show to Deteca, that maybe interested her. She had no idea what that theoretically could be, and sighed, when she realized that Deteca had seen all of this already as well. She had seen everything. Good job, Zokora.

"If there is no place, you would like to go, we can simply grab something to drink?"

She suggested and considered going back to the broken stool. She liked the place. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a quick movement, nothing more than a shadow and paled slightly under her dark skin. Slowly she rested her hand on her hip, close to her knife. You never knew.

“Whatever you decide is fine,” Deteca said, shrugging. Making decisions sounded too difficult right now, after all the insanity of the last day. “I don’t drink, though.” It blurred your mind way too much to be safe for a spy, and besides that, her parents had been against it. Again, she looked at Neil, wondering if he was going to speak up. 

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

“Whatever you decide is fine,” Deteca said, shrugging. Making decisions sounded too difficult right now, after all the insanity of the last day. “I don’t drink, though.” It blurred your mind way too much to be safe for a spy, and besides that, her parents had been against it. Again, she looked at Neil, wondering if he was going to speak up. 

Zokora turned around at Deteca's words, the shadow followed her movement. It was still there. Waiting for her to let her guard down.

"You don't drink?"

She asked astonished.

"Are you a robot of some sort? I mean if you need a power supply, then I can sure organize that as well."

37 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"You don't drink?"

She asked astonished.

"Are you a robot of some sort? I mean if you need a power supply, then I can sure organize that as well."

Deteca burst out laughing, welcoming the happy feeling. “Nope,” she said, grinning at Zokora. “I’ve just always found it to have more downsides than benefits for me. Plus I don’t like the way it tastes.” 

Edited by AonEne

Just now, AonEne said:

Deteca burst out laughing, welcoming the happy feeling. “Nope,” she said, grinning at Zokora. “I’ve just always found it to have more downsides than benefits for me. Plus I don’t like the way it tastes.” 

Deteca's laugh was a pleasant surprise and Zokora laughed as well.

"Come on, let's see what we can find on the market. It's afternoon, I don't drink alcohol in the afternoon as well. But I'm thirsty, and I can't live by love and air, I will need to drink something soon."

She flinched slightly when the shadow moved closer and she recognized the face. A man. She had killed him over ten years ago.

Deteca noticed Zokora’s flinch and almost frowned, but concealed it. Maybe she’d just remembered something unpleasant...like the army invading the heart of their universe right now. Yes. That. Any remainder of a laugh fled her. “Okay.” 

4 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Deteca noticed Zokora’s flinch and almost frowned, but concealed it. Maybe she’d just remembered something unpleasant...like the army invading the heart of their universe right now. Yes. That. Any remainder of a laugh fled her. “Okay.” 

"Okay."

Zokora repeated, but didn't move. The man was standing there, blocking her way to the market, a bloddy knife in his hands.

"I think we should go and take a look at the ships."

She amended her plans and started to walk towards the harbour itself. Her steps were quickly and she looked back regularly, to see if Deteca kept up, and also if the man followed her. Which he did.

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Okay."

Zokora repeated, but didn't move. The man was standing there, blocking her way to the market, a bloddy knife in his hands.

"I think we should go and take a look at the ships."

She amended her plans and started to walk towards the harbour itself. Her steps were quickly and she looked back regularly, to see if Deteca kept up, and also if the man followed her. Which he did.

Neil followed quietly, briefly wondering at Zokora's strange behavior but not saying a word.

Edited by xinoehp512