The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

In the plotless world, between The Plot, and the real world of TLT, FT popped through and handed Sophie a chicken. "Happy Stormsgiving!" He said cheerily.

"However, " FT said, "Because this happened in-between The Plot, and the real world, it had no effect on the Plotting where you are going to a dark, cold mountain. Have a very happy Stormsgiving, I hope you don't die."

FT disappeared into the land of TLT. He adjusted his silver spectacles, eyes aglow with warmth and charity. "I feel like the November Saint Nicholas." he manifested a sack of chickens and strode through TLT handing chickens to every person he met.

"Happy Stormsgiving Truthless."

"Happy Stormsgiving Ene."

"Happy Stormsgiving Luna."

"Happy Stormsgiving But, Butte, Butt, and Buute."

"Happy Stormsgiving Worms that were in Sophie's ear from about a hundred pages back."

"Happy Stormsgiving Astral."

"Happy Stormsgiving Aquamarine Voice in The Sky."

"Happy Stormsgiving mimes, and withergeists. Breadmunks, and breadm*nks. Mudkips, and Withy. HIm, and Hlm. Jasnah and Kelsior."

"Happy Stormsgiving to all you lovely, crabby people at Hermitcraft."

"Happy Stormsgiving Jaywalk, and A.C."

"Happy Stormsgiving to all you Narrators. Um--I'm going to leave the chicken here if you don't mind. I'm sure you--er--pick it up, or something."

"Happy Stormsgiving Xinohep. Hope you get out of there man. in the memantime, have a chicken."

"Happy Stormsgiving to all of you who changed your name to some form of Ookla, and I've forgotten your real name."

"Happy Stormsgiving--" FT looked into his everlasting bag of chickens. It was empty. "Oh, dear."

FT thought for a moment, he was sure he had narrated an everlasting bag of chickens. He sat down next to his deflated bag, and thought, and thought, and thought. Then he slapped himself for thinking so much.

He was the Shard of Narration. He had Narratorial power beyond the understanding of the Narrators themselves. He shot up from his seat, His long cream colored coat fanned behind him. He adjusted his silver spectacles, white hair tossed in a fabricated windstorm. 

He raised his hands and called upon the powers of Narration, drawing upon fortune for a little luck. Gritting his teeth through the immense pain of the raw Narration. He directed it to every citizen of TLT, beyond into the fanciful world of Plot. Every muscle in his body burned from the exertion, his face a mask of pain.

FT pulled and yanked on the very soul of Narration. The pressure exploded, and FT rocketed backwards. he slammed into a Narrated tree,  and blazing pain roared through his spine. Through the haze of red mist, he though he saw chickens falling from the sky. Then, all went dark.

Hours later, FT opened his eyes to the most wondrous sight. Chickens adorned The Longest Thread, pumpkin pie wreaths hung from each door, and even a casserole or two had found their way to Sophie, and Xinohep.

He had succeeded, his efforts had not been in vain. A smile crept over his face. No one in The Longest Thread would not experience the joys of Stormsgiving. For everyone in TLT had a chicken.

FT lay his head back, using the last scrap of Narration to pull up a hammock. He rested from his work, gently swaying in the breeze.

"Happy Stormsgiving, everyone."

He opened his eyes, a thought occurring to him. "You aren't vegetarians, are you?"

Happy Stormsgiving, from FatherTIempo, Shard of Narration.

And alas, a new plot has arisen.

Knight of Iron (KoI) did not get any chickens because some man had taken the one he had magically gotten for free, because he was a skaa bridgeman. He wasn’t even aware of Stormsgiving and had never ever gotten a chicken before. In his life. He sat down on the side of a road, a chickenless man, wondering what he was missing out on in life.

Edited by Knight of Iron

On 11/27/2019 at 4:34 PM, Ookla The Narrator said:

"Oh... If you were I'd show you what I'm picturing. It's dark and... dark..." She shivered. "And cold."

Oh, come on, said Aqua drily, not all mountains are like that. I've met some rather nice mountains in my time, in fact.

And thus, the Great Slog of Page 822 came to an end.

Jaywalk sat at his desk, penning a letter. To who it would go he was unsure, but he knew he needed to write it.

”I don’t know if I’ll ever be back,” he wrote, “but I know I need to leave. I’ve caused far too much harm in my current state. Perhaps it would be best for me to find somewhere to settle down.” He signed the letter, then slipped it through the portal.

Well, that’s it. I don’t know if I’ll ever write him again—I feel like his arc has progressed to the point where doing any more would ruin it.

Time to start anew.

1 hour ago, Jaookla said:

And thus, the Great Slog of Page 822 came to an end.

Jaywalk sat at his desk, penning a letter. To who it would go he was unsure, but he knew he needed to write it.

”I don’t know if I’ll ever be back,” he wrote, “but I know I need to leave. I’ve caused far too much harm in my current state. Perhaps it would be best for me to find somewhere to settle down.” He signed the letter, then slipped it through the portal.

Well, that’s it. I don’t know if I’ll ever write him again—I feel like his arc has progressed to the point where doing any more would ruin it.

Time to start anew.

You could join us on CBST... :ph34r: Cross over with Xino and probably Sophie when we bridge the universes. Star would love to see him. 

Edited by Ookla The Narrator