The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, FatherTiempo said:

Technically it was clean, because of the conditioner...

No, FT, you don't understand!! Shampoo makes it clean, but conditioner makes it greasy and unmanly!!!!

Just now, Ookla the Sesquipedalian said:

He started because he had recently grown hair

In his garden. 

But then he realized that they hadn't actually been growing, he'd just picked up some peoples' eyelashes. It was kind of gross and he spent the next day getting rid of the little hairs. And recycling all his useless conditioner bottles.

Edited by Ookla The Narrator

2 minutes ago, Ookla The Narrator said:

No, FT, you don't understand!! Shampoo makes it clean, but conditioner makes it greasy and unmanly!!!!

That explains why I've been having so much trouble with my hair lately. :D

The 'head' another name for his outdoor garden, was thus called for the strange shape of his house.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Sesquipedalian said:

He also had hair on his scalp, the part on the head (Latin Caput), mounted on his neck, connected to his body.

So Pheo took a swim and came back like his normal, hair-free self. He twittered amiably. 

Just now, FatherTiempo said:

I found some artwork of Trewee, and can I say that he would look---interesting with hair.

I'm imagining an afro by the way.

IT'S DISTURBING. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Blue said:

Trewee dreamed of all this, locked in the fever-dream of the mimes stasis cells while he waited to be healed.

Sophie bowed her head solemnly as she heard the Narration. She... she'd let this happen, hadn't she? Xinoehp had offered to let her come with him to save Trewee. And she'd refused. Now they were both in peril. She stroked Aqua's surface mindlessly, lost in her thoughts. She'd save them. At the very least she'd try. She had to. Otherwise, she wasn't worthy to be called a daughter of TVG. 

10 hours ago, Ookla The Narrator said:

Sophie bowed her head solemnly as she heard the Narration. She... she'd let this happen, hadn't she? Xinoehp had offered to let her come with him to save Trewee. And she'd refused. Now they were both in peril. She stroked Aqua's surface mindlessly, lost in her thoughts. She'd save them. At the very least she'd try. She had to. Otherwise, she wasn't worthy to be called a daughter of TVG. 

A hissing sound came from beyond the forcefield and a withergeist floated up. It touched the forcefield, sending out black sparks where it made contact.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Blue said:

A hissing sound came from beyond the forcefield and a withergeist floated up. It touched the forcefield, sending out black sparks where it made contact.

Sophie's eyes widened and she screamed shrilly, stumbling backwards into the other side of her own forcefield. As her breath shortened, however, the forceield's presence reminded her that she was safe and she calmed down a little bit. It's okay, she thought to herself, you're safe in here, it can't hurt you...

TVG sighed. Sophie read the section about Authors please. 

Sophie looked up. "What?" she said.

Page 27...

"Oh..." Sophie picked up the little booklet in trembling fingers. "Authors are-"

Skip to the part about their limits and capabilities.

"When dealing with Plot, Authors get to chose what is canonical and what is not. Once an Author has chosen what is canonical, only that Author can change it. It is for this reason that people often have the misconception that Authors are more powerful than characters. This is untrue. Canonicity is important to a story, but Authors' inability to interact with the story physically can be a major weakness. I, for one, believe that an Author's power comes only from the characters they Narrate."

"Is that it?" Sophie asked. 

Yes.