The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Rym appeared out of thin air with his Mordite blade in Subversion's chest.

"You," he said, "Have been causing problems for far too long."

Subversion warped and disappeared, and Rym felt a the tip of a sword pressing against his back. "Did you really think I'd die so easily?"

Suddenly he felt the sword point move away from his back. Rym turned and saw Subversion slumped on the ground, coughing weakly. Vengeance had been stabbed through her back. She was still alive, but her power was being drained. Platypus began to thrust it deeper, but Rue...

@Ookla the Ta'veren

Edited by Ookla the platypus

Everyone scoffed. "Probably a hologram or something." Everyone looked around, squinting. "Oh! I have an idea." Everyone conjured some black misty stuff. Paler, less evil looking vapors separated from the black, surrounding the members of the vengeance party. "These are shields. Touch them, and you might go blind." Everyone inhaled deeply and the blackest bits of the summoned fog blasted outwards, crackling with red lightning. It filled the entire cave. Subversion was probably invisible somewhere in this cave after that decoy dying, so hopefully this fog would incapacitate her and her camouflage.

"Č̷̢̗̲̗͚͓̑̈́͐͠͝ǫ̴̱̼̩̰͗͒̓͑̀͋m̸̤̃̏̚ẻ̵̡̟͎̺͍̪̼̂ ̵̨̱̜̲̈́̎͆̀͘͠͝ǫ̶̣̤͖̲̑̉͗̈́̓͠u̷͕̞͋͗͛͘t̷̗̒̾̄́̈́́̚,̶̬͌ ̴͎̆̀̀̑͌̓͗c̶̥͈̾̍̈́̃̃̚o̴̭͋̿̊̀͒͑̇m̵̧̻͈̪͌̐è̸͉̯̰̲̉́͋̽̑̕͜ ̴̨̡̧͔̻͊ó̸̢̨͇̬̾̄̏̕ừ̴͊̈́̕ͅt̴͓͉̐̐̔̐̋͛͘,̵̣͙̥̄͒̉̿̓̀͑ ̸̜̀͌w̷̬̬͚̩̆̀̀͗̈́h̶̨̧̧̬͙͛̔̕ȩ̴̙͎̇͋͜r̶̢̤̘̱̹̓̈e̵̛̫̱͔v̶̧̱̥̪̽e̸̠̻͉͉͇̬͋͒̈r̸͚̈́̉̐̌ ̵̺͚͖͈̒̓͐̿͊ỵ̶̬̟͖̯̥͊̊̍̀̀̕͜ö̶̙͈́̆͛̀͒͌͆u̴͙̘̝͑̈́́̒̌ ̸̰̃̕a̶̛͓̪̰͖̪̥̘̓̀̚͠ṛ̸̛̙͚̠̣͖͖̌̓̽͑͋e̴̢͔̍̅̈́͝.̸̮͉̝͔̣̇́͊͆͋"

Everyone said in a sing-song voice.

Subversion coughed, glad that Everyone was distracted for the moment. She struggled to stay conscious, limbs shaking as her Narratorial energy was absorbed by Vengeance. "A good try" She whispered weakly, "But I'm not done yet." A blast of epic proportions hit Platypus like a hurricane, sending him flying backwards and causing him to lose his grip on Vengeance.

Subversion stood up, breathing heavily, Vengeance still impaled through her chest. Slowly, she reached her hand to the side and summoned her Narrationblade, once brilliant gleem now a barely-noticeable glimmer. "I will survive this. You will all die by my hand!"

Edited by Ookla the Untitled

Everyone laughed. "Absolutely. Y'know, you're actually a pretty cool person. I would help you on your journey, but a sibling of mine altered my spiritual empathy and kindness balances, so I feel obligated to avenge Valiant. He seemed sweet." Everyone diverted the energy to focus on the more incorporeal elements of Subversion's more cognitive aspects, such as soul, sanity, and consciousness.

Edited by Sequence

Rue had been occupied with the cookies, raisins, and root cultists. While the others were distracted, she healed Subversion, restoring her to her full power, and then some. 
Subversion eyed the heroes, dodging various attacks. “You don’t understand, do you? Without a villain, there are no heroes. The villain…we’re all victims, in the end. Why don’t I deserve to be Nameless’ heir? Who will avenge me after my death? No one. I’ll fight for myself.” She began to attack once more. 

Seeing Subversion heal instills Platypus with a sense of Righteous Injustice. It brings him back to his full capabilities and he rolls away from her, gets up, and falls into a sword stance. He proceeds to summon Vengeance from out of her chest. It leaves her bleeding from the wound and Platypus' Narrationblade dissolves as he grabs Vengeance. He parries her first thrust, and sidesteps he downwards sweep. As she has to pull her Blade out from the ground, he swipes at her with Vengeance. She dives to the side, but it still scratches her side, draining some of her power. Her Narrationblade weakens as the power drains. Then Everyone's energy starts to affect Subversion as the Narration protecting her fades.

Subversion stumbles backwards before this renewed attack, but manages to keep her feet. Not good, I'm using up energy too fast. Even with that healing, I won't be able to fight for long. Have to end this quickly. With the speed of desperation, Subversion charges Platypus, knocking aside Vengeance and slashing her blade across his body.

He collapses to the ground, apparently cut in two. Suddenly spirits began to shriek. As Rue and Subversion look around for the source, Platypus sprints out of the cave. Subversion looks down and sees Platypus' body and Vengeance melt. The disguise fades and she sees Rune lying on the ground with a normal Shardblade.

"No!!!!" Platypus yells. "RUNE!!!!!!"

He looks up, hatred in his eyes.

"You monster! You'll pay for that!!!!"

With a speed and power only rage can lend, he rushes at Subversion battering her with Vengeance. As Rue rushes in to help Subversion he takes them both on, receiving only a few wounds but consistently scratching both of them. As their power begins to drain from all three, they start to land more blows on each other. Subversion gets her left pinky finger cut off. Platypus is stabbed in the foot by Rue. Rue loses a chunk of flesh from her shoulder. They eventually back off, panting, Platypus having taken about as many wounds as he gave each of them.

"If I wasn't going to kill you already, I'll sure as heck kill you now!!!" Platypus shouts and Everyone has to restrain him so he doesn't get himself killed. He is weakening, and they're no longer distracted by the spirits.

Edited by Ookla the platypus