The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Suddenly Platypus does something surprising to Subversion. He throws his Blade. As he throws it, it morphs into a javelin meant to be thrown. She brings her own Blade up to block it, then realizes that it wasn't coming toward her. She looks around, confused, and sees my Blade fading, and her cleverly disguised breadmunk army dead. She looks up and Unintelligible and Platypus both have their Blades drawn and ready to attack.

20 hours ago, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

But nothing appeared. Then Platypus fell, as did the others. They struggled to fend off their invisible attackers.

Phillipe split from Platypus and continued talking as his disembodied form.

20 hours ago, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

His spell unravels, as impossibilities create paradoxes and ruin stories, and no one wants that. 

It was not impossible, Phillipe just didn't tell you how to escape.

20 hours ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Subversion chuckles, not advancing on the group. "Please. You think those breadmunks were all I've got?"

Unintelligible's sword dissolved again, and he collapsed to the ground unconscious. Behind Platypus, a low growling shook the cave.

"No." Phillipe says calmly. "But Platypus and I bribed your other ones. They were way less loyal."

The growling receded as the breadmunks left and Unintelligible is able to access his Ookla powers. Then Platypus stood up and summoned a Blade. The invisible attackers fled at the sight of it. Everyone (non-personified) stood up and were able to see Phillipe join with Platypus. Platypus begins to speak.

"This is a Blade. It is known as the Harbringer, the Destroyer of Worlds, the Carrier of the End, the Envoy of Ruin (not the Shard) and the Emissary of Death. It is also known as Vengeance. You probably know it as the Sword of Plot. But today it shall gain a new title. It shall be the Killer of Subversion (and also Rue). Prepare to die, fools."

Platypus falls into his BattleStance, Blade held cautiously, but confidently.

Edited by Ookla the platypus

1 minute ago, Ookla the platypus said:

Phillipe split from Platypus and continued talking as his disembodied form.

It was not impossible, Phillipe just didn't tell you how to escape.

"No." Phillipe says calmly. "But Platypus and I bribed your other ones. They were way less loyal."

The growling receded as the breadmunks left and Unintelligible is able to access his Ookla powers. Then Platypus stood up and summoned a Blade. The invisible attackers fled at the sight of it. Everyone (non-personified) stood up and were able to see Phillipe join with Platypus. Platypus begins to speak.

"This is a Blade. It is known as the Harbringer, the Destroyer of Worlds, the Carrier of the End, the Envoy of Ruin (not the Shard) and the Emissary of Death. It is also known as Vengeance. You probably know it as the Sword of Plot. But today it shall gain a new title. It shall be the Killer of Subversion (and also Rue). Prepare to die fools."

Platypus falls into his BattleStance, Blade held cautiously, but confidently.

Unintelligible groaned in pain, pulling a dagger from his chest. "It was-urgh-poisoned." He coughed weakly, red smoke rising from the wound. "It'll take me a while to heal from this."

Across from the vengeance group, Subversion's face split into a wicked grin. "Those breadmunks did their job well enough. Unintelligible is incapacitated. A pity the rest of you don't have such an exploitable weakness, but that just means your deaths will be a bit slower than his."

"Oh, Unintelligible won't be dying anytime soon."

Everybody hears the voice and no one seems to know who it belongs too. Then a man jumped down from the ceiling of the cave and strolled out.

"Rune!!! You came!" Cried Platypus and Rune smiled.

"Of course I did Platypus. You should know I always come when summoned. It just took me a little bit to track you down. You guys went through a lot of portals. I assume that you're Rym and you're Everyone," he says, correctly pointing at the two he named. "I'm ready to do my job. I assume you want me to protect Unintelligible."

"Yes, if possible."

A Blade appeared inside his hands. "I've got this. Don't worry about him, he'll be fine. Unless the poison kills him, I can't do anything about that. Sorry."

@Ookla the Myopic@Sequence

Edited by Ookla the platypus

"Oh dear, looks like the time for talking is over." Subversion dodges to the side, slashing the tiger with her Narrationblade. "Don't say I didn't warn you when this ends in a way you dislike."

The ground beneath Platypus rumbles, and a massive scorpion bursts out in front of him.