Long Game 44: Shadows of Elantris Redux

Herowannabe

12 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Enerin squints at Steel, tilting his head. "How, exactly, do you know about guns? How do know about guns?"

:ph34r: "What's a gun? I mean like shooting darts... at cheese. You know?"
"According to my logic, Dio Brando attempted to point out the fact that his prayer could effectively be faked, and would therefore prove nothing. He could guess your role and not actually have scanned you. There, is the massive hole the dart left behind in the cheese."

"Furthermore, the fact that he pointed that out reinforces his probability of being a pious Korathi priest"

Edited by Steeldancer
another point

At this point the elims have no choice but to attack me, and I have no choice but to use my Pendant instead of the safer bet (Priest Scan).

If Elims don't attack me, then Warriors can protect me tomorrow too. They need to double tap me to get rid of me and the longer they keep me alive, the more chances I have of uncovering them. If they do attack me and the Warrior doesn't protect me, then yay for them. If they do and they get blocked I'll be a guaranteed dead-man tomorrow.

Just in case the warriors choose not to defend me tonight, using my Jeskeri Pendant now is the only way I'm guaranteed to get a scan out.

Edited by Amanuensis

3 hours ago, Bort said:

Why are you so sure that the Monarch is Mraize? I'm not arguing with you, he may well be for all I know, but I'd like to hear your logic. Doesn't the Prince get control of the Monarch's double vote? Yes. Yes, it does...

To me, this means the Monarch could be either Dalinar or Mraize, or neither of them and someone has used the passphrase to cast a secret vote.

Ah, yes you are correct. Dalinar could be a Monarch just as easily as Mraize.

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Just in case the warriors choose not to defend me tonight, using my Jeskeri Pendant now is the only way I'm guaranteed to get a scan out.

So you're planning on attacking one of your suspicions tonight, with Bort announcing the identity of your target in case the attack fails? It is possible that there are multiple village Jindo warriors who could protect you indefinitely, although that would be difficult to coordinate.

4 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So you're planning on attacking one of your suspicions tonight, with Bort announcing the identity of your target in case the attack fails? It is possible that there are multiple village Jindo warriors who could protect you indefinitely, although that would be difficult to coordinate.

PMs only last one turn, and I currently have none. I'm going to post the name of the player I'm using the pendant on at the very last minute of tonight so that everyone can see, in case I die. And honestly I don't want to be protected indefinitely :P stuff like that's pretty broken / anti-fun.

EDIT:

Just now, Bort said:

Aman, the jeskeri pendant is a kill, not a defense. Also, we get two actions per cycle so you could do a scan and use the pendant.

GM confirm this is true please? 

Vote counts as an action and I voted to save you :P I was originally planning on not participating so I could use both tonight, but yeah.

Edited by Amanuensis

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

PMs only last one turn, and I currently have none. I'm going to post the name of the player I'm using the pendant on at the very last minute of tonight so that everyone can see, in case I die. And honestly I don't want to be protected indefinitely :P stuff like that's pretty broken / anti-fun.

EDIT:

Vote counts as an action and I voted to save you :P I was originally planning on not participating so I could use both tonight, but yeah.

Um, don’t You get two actions each turn? 

During each Day or Night phase, each player may perform up to 2 actions available to them for up to a potential of 4 actions per cycle: 2 in the Day phase and 2 in the Night phase. You may not perform the same action twice in one phase. Every player has access to the following action in addition to any other actions granted to them by roles, items, etc

Edited by Steeldancer

SE Lexicon

Cycle: The standard way to delineate lengths of games and when things happened. Depending on the game format, a cycle could be two turns (a day and a night) or it could be one turn (either a day or a night)..

Turn: A day or night section of the game (the GM can call these different names)

EDIT:

That said, yay if the doc is right. I get two scans tonight :) (hopefully)

Edited by Amanuensis

It seems to me that using a kill pendant as a scan tool is similar to using a sledgehammer to remove a fly from one's nose. There is a remote chance you'll get lucky, but otherwise, it's likely to just be messy.

Just now, Bort said:

It seems to me that using a kill pendant as a scan tool is similar to using a sledgehammer to remove a fly from one's nose. There is a remote chance you'll get lucky, but otherwise, it's likely to just be messy.

Such is the nature of vig kills :P

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

I mean. It's less of a plan and more like my only feasible option :P unless the elims would be okay with perpetually poisoning me? Honestly I joined this game hoping to get into Elantris ^_^

Elantris would be awesome. I don't suppose dead an spectators get to see the elantris PM?

14 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I mean. It's less of a plan and more like my only feasible option :P unless the elims would be okay with perpetually poisoning me? Honestly I joined this game hoping to get into Elantris ^_^

Right now you're a walking protection magnet. I wouldn't be surprised if you've got another cycle or two left in you, or more.