Quick Fix Game 26: Stop the Madness

firstRainbowRose

Okay, I am SO SORRY about the delay. I'm afraid real life got in the way a bit more than expected. I ended up not being able to sit all day today. Hopefully though this won't happen again.

---

The thoughts of death made everyone jumpy the next day, but you couldn't tell by the sound of the inn's main room. The sound of laughter and conversation was loud -- too loud, if Lion were to be asked. But of course, no one did. Maybe he should have said something for himself. Maybe it would have saved him.

Instead, he sat in the corner, grimacing at the outburst of laughter from the next table over. It was garish to be having fun while there were three bodies buried outside the back door. Especially since no one knew what was causing them.

As the sun moved across the sky he took notice of discussion about a doll of some sort, as well as something about being in the mud, but continued to keep his thoughts to himself. It was right about dinner time that the tone of the room changed, and he noticed a few more glances in his direction then normal. He tried to brush it off as simply the situation, but did make sure to keep an eye on all the exits.

He's attempts were too few, and too late. Before he truly had a chance to object he was dragged outside, and killed.

---

Majestic has died!

tur_1505201400.png

Player list:

1. Haelbarde - Horatio Heatherlocke
2. Darkness Ascendant - Necrosis Jones
3. Sami - Aleta Nebrask
4. Straw - Straw
5. Lemonelon - Adelaide
6. Flash - SteelDancer
7. Eternum - Nero
8. Julio - Taklon Nalkot
9. Roadwalker - Lawrence "Silver" Arthur
10. _Stick_ - Stick
11. King Cole - Turtle
12. Megasif - Shaa Locke Haums
13. Droughtbringer -
14. Sony - Sony
15. Majestic - Lion Shadow
16. A Budgie - Budge
17. Seonid - Erodaan Qadri
18. Alvron - Jace Blood-Axe
19. Little Wilson - Temperance Owen
20. Arinian -  Irvin Thyme
21. Mark IV - Mark
22. Herowannabe - The Heron
23. Jondesu - Remart
24. The Young Bard - Shadow
25. BrightnessRadiant - Rani
26. Dani - Yiferian
27. RippleGylf - Ripple
28. TheMightyLopen - Usopp

29. Ecthelion III - Cyrus
30. Rebecca - Jayne
31. Amanuensis
32. Rubix

Ok so what do we know.

Roles:

• Normal Villagers; Well, some stuff on being able to find missing links? like my parents? I think I'm adopted.
  • Cupid; Two people are lovers, Hero is Cupid
  • Teacher; something some of you know. May or may not be real, who knoowss??? become normal villager when reach a "Moment of Clarity"
  • Scapegoat; Wilson was scapegoat, Aman is now

Also a strange thing called the doll.

So the doll has a trigger to do some crazy doll creepy stuff.

The Teacher has a "Moment of Clarity", a trigger to do their own thing.

Normal Villagers *may* have a "Missing Link", which allow them to do more things maybe? Conversion or something.

Both Scapegoat and Goat rotate between people, Rebecca currently holds it I think.

People seem to think lynching is the key to finding the trigger. I personally do not think this is the case, people who are comfortable doing so please PM me, we need more communication in this game.

I'm personally suspicious of Drought and Mark. Mark because of PMs, and this suspicion is currently at a standstill. May ISO later idk

Taklon sat in the corner, as he knew that's what the dark mysterious types were supposed to do. Most of him wanted to leave this town where people seemed to drop like flies, but that didn't fit his character stereotype. Well, maybe if he continued sitting in the corner someone would figure everything out, and he could go and fight somebody. That would be a good way to gain renown...

I'm still not dismissing the possibility of the shades, mostly because I can't easily compare things... And other than htat, I have no idea who it could be. 

Okay, I have a couple minutes during my lunchbreak. First, a few relevant quotes from last cycle:

Anyways, she told me her role was the "scapegoat," so if there was no lynch or the lynch was tied, she would be lynched. She also told me that if she died, the role would be passed on to a random player, so it'll always be in the game. Which means we really should have a lynch each Cycle, unless we want a random player to die each Cycle. :P

Do we have any ideas on what causes this 'doll' to pass among players? Is it still with the same player as last turn or has it already passed on to someone else?

@TheMightyLopen

About the doll. I can confirm that it's real. Last cycle, I got a PM from fRR that told me I had a doll, and that it would only stay in my possession for two cycles. I asked her what it did, and she told me it would just stay with me until passed to another player. She also said the doll had it's own win con, and that she'd tell me if it was "triggered." 

Anyway, don't know if I should be sharing this info (I'm fairly new to SE), but I hope it helps!

So, we've learned that there is a scapegoat role, and mysterious doll with it's own win condition that gets passed around and triggered by something, 

Also, only 1 person died last cycle- the one we lynched. Which means that 1) the eliminators didn't submit a kill order, 2) They did submit one but the target was protected or invalid, or 3) There are no eliminators and something else caused Little Wilson's death on cycle 1. I'm kind of leaning towards #3, honestly, at least until we get more evidence that there actually are eliminators in this game. 

Remember, this game is not like any others, due to it's blackout nature. And also remember, our goal isn't to "kill all the eliminators," it is (in @firstRainbowRose's own words:

It's a bit of a different game, since you're goal isn't to kill before killing, but rather figure out why the killings are happening, and stop them before it's too late. 

So, that being said, here's my theory: There are a number of things that can cause people to die. We've seen votes, the Lover role (I'm assuming that when 1 lover dies the other does, too), a scapegoat, and whatever caused Wilson's death. I think we need to work together and get the right pieces in the right places to make it so that nobody dies. 

The trick (or at least one of them) is the scapegoat role. It doesn't go away, which means that either we vote to lynch somebody or the scapegoat dies. Impossible to avoid a death each cycle, UNLESS there is a role or item (the doll, perhaps?) that can protect someone from the lynch and/or negate somebody's role. Does anybody have any item or role that they know of that could save the scapegoat in a no-lynch situation? @Amanuensis Do you still have the scapegoat role or does it pass to someone else each cycle?

If nothing else, I think we ought to try lynching the doll holder, just to see what happens. As much as I love a good contribution crusade, I don't think we're going to figure this game out unless we're willing to experiment and try different things. 

12 hours ago, firstRainbowRose said:

The thoughts of death made everyone jumpy the next day, but you couldn't tell by the sound of the inn's main room. The sound of laughter and conversation was loud -- too loud, if Lion were to be asked. But of course, no one did. Maybe he should have said something for himself. Maybe it would have saved him.

Emphasise mine. This little bit caught my eye when rereading the write up. Perhaps activity in the thread plays a factor in who dies. I'm pretty sure we lynched megasif ourselves though. What about Eternum and Wilson? Is there a pattern we aren't seeing or do you think another player or RNG is working here? From the outset we were told that we have to stop the killings which implies there is a method to the madness which must be logically deduced. So... Can anyone see a pattern?

11 minutes ago, Lemonelon said:

Emphasise mine. This little bit caught my eye when rereading the write up. Perhaps activity in the thread plays a factor in who dies. I'm pretty sure we lynched megasif ourselves though. What about Eternum and Wilson? Is there a pattern we aren't seeing or do you think another player or RNG is working here? From the outset we were told that we have to stop the killings which implies there is a method to the madness which must be logically deduced. So... Can anyone see a pattern?

Frankly, that just sounds like a flavor recap of the thread to me.

We lynched him because of inactivity.  If he'd said something, we might have picked another target.

3 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Frankly, that just sounds like a flavor recap of the thread to me.

We lynched him because of inactivity.  If he'd said something, we might have picked another target.

That thought did cross my mind, but it didn't want to stay there... I feel like there should be more clues somewhere. I had another theory that for everyone who successfully voted the lynch target, they would all die next cycle. Haven't seen anything to support that either apart from some flavour from previous write up... Perhaps I should sleep on it and dream up some more theories :P 

4 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

Okay, I have a couple minutes during my lunchbreak. First, a few relevant quotes from last cycle:

So, we've learned that there is a scapegoat role, and mysterious doll with it's own win condition that gets passed around and triggered by something, 

Also, only 1 person died last cycle- the one we lynched. Which means that 1) the eliminators didn't submit a kill order, 2) They did submit one but the target was protected or invalid, or 3) There are no eliminators and something else caused Little Wilson's death on cycle 1. I'm kind of leaning towards #3, honestly, at least until we get more evidence that there actually are eliminators in this game. 

Remember, this game is not like any others, due to it's blackout nature. And also remember, our goal isn't to "kill all the eliminators," it is (in @firstRainbowRose's own words:

So, that being said, here's my theory: There are a number of things that can cause people to die. We've seen votes, the Lover role (I'm assuming that when 1 lover dies the other does, too), a scapegoat, and whatever caused Wilson's death. I think we need to work together and get the right pieces in the right places to make it so that nobody dies. 

The trick (or at least one of them) is the scapegoat role. It doesn't go away, which means that either we vote to lynch somebody or the scapegoat dies. Impossible to avoid a death each cycle, UNLESS there is a role or item (the doll, perhaps?) that can protect someone from the lynch and/or negate somebody's role. Does anybody have any item or role that they know of that could save the scapegoat in a no-lynch situation? @Amanuensis Do you still have the scapegoat role or does it pass to someone else each cycle?

If nothing else, I think we ought to try lynching the doll holder, just to see what happens. As much as I love a good contribution crusade, I don't think we're going to figure this game out unless we're willing to experiment and try different things. 

I really like this theory. The Scapegoat role makes a lot of sense this way, since it forces a death each Cycle. 

The only things I'm worried about is what exactly killed Wilson, and what effect lynching the doll holder might have. Wilson said it was an "evil" doll after all, so is lynching the holder really the best idea? And at this point, I don't think Rebecca has the doll anymore, since she said it's passed every 2 Cycles I think, which would mean we'd need the holder to claim, so we could lynch them... >> (wow, that is way too many commas in one sentence I'm sure)

3 hours ago, Lemonelon said:

I'm sure you mean Majestic here.

If shades are a concern, then we don't want an open flame, we don't want blood, and no running at night. Scapegoat makes the no blood thing hard, running at night could maybe be player actions, and I don't know where flame comes into it. Unless the game has an arsonist that we have to stop. Alternatively, dead people can become shades and we have to kill Rubix properly?

20 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

Alternatively, dead people can become shades and we have to kill Rubix properly?

We chopped him up for spare parts.  I really don't see him coming back from that.  That said, nothing is impossible in a SE game.

15 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

If shades are a concern, then we don't want an open flame, we don't want blood, and no running at night. Scapegoat makes the no blood thing hard, running at night could maybe be player actions, and I don't know where flame comes into it. Unless the game has an arsonist that we have to stop. Alternatively, dead people can become shades and we have to kill Rubix properly?

This quote from the OP - "It's theoretically set on Threnody, but aside from a bit of flavor it doesn't matter. If you haven't read the story it's not an issue at all! (Just know the setting is old west trappers and such.)" makes me think that Shades don't really have an effect on the game. If it doesn't matter if you've read Shadows for Silence, then the rules in the book probably don't have anything to do with what we're supposed to accomplish. At least it seems that way to me.

I'd like to suggest that anyone who has a unique role or item please tell someone else about it in PM's, and then they can relay the relevant information to the thread. Like what DA did to begin this Cycle, I think that if we can gather as much information about roles and such as we can, we're gonna have a better shot at piecing together what it is we need to be doing. I like Hero's theory about our goal being a Cycle where no one dies, since it fits with what fRR said in OP about stopping the killings, but I don't think we're going to manage it unless we get things moving and people start talking.

I doubt we'll able to lynch the doll...just saying y'know. But in that case, it probably does something to the previous holder. Making them go evil certainly sounds valid...but given that they have told everyone 'hey I have the doll' it seems a little unlikely that it's triggered by lynching.
Maybe when it gets to certain people it'll trigger? Or there's a chance that when it reaches any one person, it'll trigger, and it just hasn't happened yet?
In which case, the reason for the others getting killed is totally seperate. We should compile a list of what all of them did and said, and compare them to see if we can find a link.