3 hours ago, The Flash said:

If you could tell us whatever you know it would be really nice of you :)

The person you are trying to lynch right now was allegedly going to be the night one kill for the eliminators.

Edit: before they switched to Orlok.

Night 7

Ecthelion was lynched. They were a Friend of the ABC, and a Smoker.

Tin was burnt, and PMs are OPEN. Remember to always check the thread before using PMs.

Vote Tally (with history)
Ecthelion(6): Flash{1}, Dalinar{1}, Stick{1}, Cloud{1}, Araris{2}, Seonid{1}
Drake(0): Araris{1}

Vote Tally
Ecthelion(6): Flash, Dalinar, Stick, Cloud, Araris, Seonid

Cycle ends in ~48 hours.

bla_1500714000.png

Player List

Spoiler
  1. Jay (The Flash) - has at least two steelminds - a ring, and a helmet
  2. Name Name (Straw) - has a name ABC Roleless
  3. Albin Brodeur (Jondesu) - Skaa Crew Member  ABC Rioter
  4. Siv (Cloudjumper) - has unrealistic expectations
  5. Luigi (Shqueeves) - roots for the underdog
  6. Edmond Dantès (asterion137) - is seeking revenge for a wrongful imprisonment ABC Scavenger
  7. Carcer (Paranoid King) - is all for rebelion
  8. Dariend Castel (StrikerEZ) - walks a dark path ABC Tineye
  9. Roger Elariel (Elenion) - is not the Pauper Noble ABC Smoker
  10. Alonine (BrightnessRadiant) - is probably not the real Eponine ABC Rioter
  11. Alrin (Arinian)
  12. Aimes (Araris Valerian) - in above his head, wants to fade away
  13. Bartolomeus Teki (randuir) - is slightly suspici... ABC Thug
  14. Darius Castel (Ecthelion III) - is self-centered, with a brother ABC Smoker
  15. Keera Wilde (little Wilson) - fights for the right to be free!
  16. Siena Mattel (Seonid) - is running away from love
  17. Lukas Fehrweight (Drake Marshall)
  18. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf) - here because she was told to
  19. Jack (A Joe in the Bush) Escaped Convict
  20. Dandi (_Stick_)
  21. Kliff (TheMightyLopen) - roped into manning the barricade, possibly by a cousin? ABC Roleless
  22. Garshin (Yitzi2) - thinks he's in Elendel when he really isn't... Infiltrator Roleless
  23. Rorik (Dalinar Kholin)
  24. Mykal (Amanuensis) - is a missionary of the path ABC Scavenger
  25. Phil (STINK) - is simply Phil
  26. Julie (Arraenae) - is an idealistic student fresh out of college ABC Ringleader
  27. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai)
  28. Suterna (Elbereth)

Player List (Sorted)

Spoiler
  2. Siv (Cloudjumper) - has unrealistic expectations
  3. Luigi (Shqueeves) - roots for the underdog
  4. Carcer (Paranoid King) - is all for rebelion
  5. Alrin (Arinian)
  6. Aimes (Araris Valerian) - in above his head, wants to fade away
  7. Keera Wilde (little Wilson) - fights for the right to be free!
  8. Siena Mattel (Seonid) - is running away from love
  9. Lukas Fehrweight (Drake Marshall)
  10. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf) - here because she was told to
  11. Dandi (_Stick_)
  12. Rorik (Dalinar Kholin)
  13. Phil (STINK) - is simply Phil
  14. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai)
  15. Suterna (Elbereth)
  16. Albin Brodeur (Jondesu) - Skaa Crew Member  ABC Rioter
  17. Garshin (Yitzi2) - thinks he's in Elendel when he really isn't... Infiltrator Roleless
  18. Kliff (TheMightyLopen) - roped into manning the barricade, possibly by a cousin? ABC Roleless
  19. Name Name (Straw) - has a name ABC Roleless
  20. Mykal (Amanuensis) - is a missionary of the path ABC Scavenger
  21. Bartolomeus Teki (randuir) - is slightly suspici... ABC Thug
  22. Roger Elariel (Elenion) - is not the Pauper Noble ABC Smoker
  23. Julie (Arraenae) - is an idealistic student fresh out of college ABC Ringleader
  24. Dariend Castel (StrikerEZ) - walks a dark path ABC Tineye
  25. Edmond Dantès (asterion137) - is seeking revenge for a wrongful imprisonment ABC Scavenger
  26. Jack (A Joe in the Bush) Escaped Convict
  27. Alonine (BrightnessRadiant) - is probably not the real Eponine ABC Rioter
  28. Darius Castel (Ecthelion III) - is self-centered, with a brother ABC Smoker

The person you are trying to lynch right now was allegedly going to be the night one kill for the eliminators.

Edit: before they switched to Orlok.

>>

<<

You know what's weird, though? She posted this like 5 hours before rollover and was literally no one online to change their vote during those five hours? I personally find that hard to believe.

ngl, I'm kind of suspicious of Flash now.

I apologize for not being in before rollover. my phone was shut off early by my mom last night  

I would have changed my vote if I had seen that. 

So, now what? I was really confident that Ecth was an elim. Does that mean I want to go after Araris? Or Stick? Or Cloudjumper? 

I'll probably have to do analysis. Again *sigh* 

Edited by The Flash

1 hour ago, The Flash said:

I apologize for not being in before rollover. my phone was shut off early by my mom last night  

I would have changed my vote if I had seen that. 

So, now what? I was really confident that Ecth was an elim. Does that mean I want to go after Araris? Or Stick? Or Cloudjumper? 

I'll probably have to do analysis. Again *sigh* 

Why are you suspicious of me? More importantly, what about Ecth's now-revealed alignment tells you to go after me? Or Cloud, or araris, really. 

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

It takes all the fun out of the game to kill all the active players though. If you died, then Stick and I would be the two most active players left. When I'm in the top 2 most active players for a game, something has gone horribly wrong.

Well mainly we've done that ourselves. And how do you know there are 4 elims left? Why not three elims? 

23 minutes ago, The Flash said:

Well mainly we've done that ourselves. And how do you know there are 4 elims left? Why not three elims? 

Depends on the way the GM chooses the number of eliminators, but most of the time, it's either by percentage or square root (I like percentage, but Meta swears by square root). Starting with 28 players, the percentage method would say somewhere between 17-25% elim rate (usually bad to go above 25% unless the team is nerfed, and it's similarly bad to go under 15% unless you weight things heavily in favor of the eliminators), so around 6 eliminators, ish. That's a good middle ground in that percentage range. Square root method says 5.

However, we have neutrals in this game. That affects things a little bit, but not as much as you might think, since at the start of the game, the GM doesn't know how the neutrals will act, or how others will act toward the neutrals. You don't want to assume something and weight the game in that direction because if the neutrals don't do what you thought they would....game balance is now off. Best to make only minor tweaks. Like dropping a single eliminator. Percentage method now says 5, which puts it at about 18%, which is okay. Square root takes it to 4, but.....4 eliminators is only 14% and even if the square root method doesn't care about percentages, like I said, going under 15% is really risky unless you weight things heavily towards the eliminators.

So 5 starting eliminators. That sounds right. 4 is just too low to start with.

2 hours ago, little wilson said:

Depends on the way the GM chooses the number of eliminators, but most of the time, it's either by percentage or square root (I like percentage, but Meta swears by square root). Starting with 28 players, the percentage method would say somewhere between 17-25% elim rate (usually bad to go above 25% unless the team is nerfed, and it's similarly bad to go under 15% unless you weight things heavily in favor of the eliminators), so around 6 eliminators, ish. That's a good middle ground in that percentage range. Square root method says 5.

However, we have neutrals in this game. That affects things a little bit, but not as much as you might think, since at the start of the game, the GM doesn't know how the neutrals will act, or how others will act toward the neutrals. You don't want to assume something and weight the game in that direction because if the neutrals don't do what you thought they would....game balance is now off. Best to make only minor tweaks. Like dropping a single eliminator. Percentage method now says 5, which puts it at about 18%, which is okay. Square root takes it to 4, but.....4 eliminators is only 14% and even if the square root method doesn't care about percentages, like I said, going under 15% is really risky unless you weight things heavily towards the eliminators.

So 5 starting eliminators. That sounds right. 4 is just too low to start with.

Ok i had never heard about the square root thing. I'll keep that in mind for the future. 

But it does mean we should have an even 50/50 chance about of hitting an elim. Best chances in the game so far. 

Hmmm... So we are possibly at LyLo now? Well then.

I'm quite sorry that I've been low on activity, and it probably doesn't look good that I am taking an interest in voting on a cycle that is likely LyLo.

But...

Is there something big I've missed that somehow clears Stick? Because if not, my prior suspicions still stand, and I think Stick still ought to be lynched. Just because I've been poorly informed about recent events, doesn't mean that the early game evidence about Stick is invalid.

Also I'm a little curious about the way Araris voted last cycle, if just because I don't really see their reasoning for it. But I'll overlook that for the time being unless somebody else validates this as a reasonable suspicion.

Hmmm... Some things to read through. Hopefully I'll have more to say later, when the day cycle comes around.

On 7/6/2017 at 11:53 AM, Roadwalker said:

For use in riling up mobs:

Burn their warnings

Burn their lies

They will see the people rise!

BURN! BURN! BURN!

BURN! BURN! BURN!

Come every workers, lab'rers son

Come every man who'll hold a gun

Come! The war has just begun! (Optionally add "Come on in let's have some fun!")

BURN! BURN! BURN!

BURN! BURN! BURN!

In Elendel, the power seat

Their blood will stain the city street

Their blood will stain our booted feet! (reminds me of Dr. Seus for some reason)

BURN! BURN! BURN!

BURN! BURN! BURN!

We will be the cleansing tide

On Justice' mighty steed we ride

Before us they shall run and hide!

BURN! BURN! BURN!

BURN! BURN! BURN!

Clean the land with blood and fire

Elendel will be their pyre

Burn every sniveling noble liar (Replace sniveling if you want)

BURN! BURN! BURN!

BURN! BURN! BURN!

Note- one of my friends came up with most of this and wanted me to post it here, so :mellow:

1 hour ago, The Flash said:

Lylo? Unfamiliar with that term

It's an abbreviation for lynch-or-lose. LyLo is the scenario where one incorrect lynch will result in the eliminators outnumbering the village.

This isn't quite a textbook LyLo situation because there are neutrals who could theoretically give victory to either faction. However, I'm guessing the neutrals won't intervene, because they don't have much reason to do so that I am aware of.

So the upshot is, it's kind of important to choose the lynch correctly.

Day 8

I've had a whole bunch of stuff to get done over the last few days, but that's done in the next 24 hours. Should be able to finally get up to date with the writeups by the end of cycle.

Seonid was killed. They were a Friend of the ABC, and a Tineye.

PMs are closed. Always check the thread before using PMs.

Cycle ends in ~46 hours.

red_1500886800.png

Player List

Spoiler
  2. Name Name (Straw) - has a name ABC Roleless
  3. Albin Brodeur (Jondesu) - Skaa Crew Member  ABC Rioter
  4. Siv (Cloudjumper) - has unrealistic expectations
  5. Luigi (Shqueeves) - roots for the underdog
  6. Edmond Dantès (asterion137) - is seeking revenge for a wrongful imprisonment ABC Scavenger
  7. Carcer (Paranoid King) - is all for rebelion
  8. Dariend Castel (StrikerEZ) - walks a dark path ABC Tineye
  9. Roger Elariel (Elenion) - is not the Pauper Noble ABC Smoker
  10. Alonine (BrightnessRadiant) - is probably not the real Eponine ABC Rioter
  11. Alrin (Arinian)
  12. Aimes (Araris Valerian) - in above his head, wants to fade away
  13. Bartolomeus Teki (randuir) - is slightly suspici... ABC Thug
  14. Darius Castel (Ecthelion III) - is self-centered, with a brother ABC Smoker
  15. Keera Wilde (little Wilson) - fights for the right to be free!
  16. Siena Mattel (Seonid) - is running away from love ABC Tineye
  17. Lukas Fehrweight (Drake Marshall)
  18. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf) - here because she was told to
  19. Jack (A Joe in the Bush) Escaped Convict
  20. Dandi (_Stick_)
  21. Kliff (TheMightyLopen) - roped into manning the barricade, possibly by a cousin? ABC Roleless
  22. Garshin (Yitzi2) - thinks he's in Elendel when he really isn't... Infiltrator Roleless
  23. Rorik (Dalinar Kholin)
  24. Mykal (Amanuensis) - is a missionary of the path ABC Scavenger
  25. Phil (STINK) - is simply Phil
  26. Julie (Arraenae) - is an idealistic student fresh out of college ABC Ringleader
  27. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai)
  28. Suterna (Elbereth)

Player List (Sorted)

Spoiler
  2. Siv (Cloudjumper) - has unrealistic expectations
  3. Luigi (Shqueeves) - roots for the underdog
  4. Carcer (Paranoid King) - is all for rebelion
  5. Alrin (Arinian)
  6. Aimes (Araris Valerian) - in above his head, wants to fade away
  7. Keera Wilde (little Wilson) - fights for the right to be free!
  8. Lukas Fehrweight (Drake Marshall)
  9. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf) - here because she was told to
  10. Dandi (_Stick_)
  11. Rorik (Dalinar Kholin)
  12. Phil (STINK) - is simply Phil
  13. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai)
  14. Suterna (Elbereth)
  15. Albin Brodeur (Jondesu) - Skaa Crew Member  ABC Rioter
  16. Garshin (Yitzi2) - thinks he's in Elendel when he really isn't... Infiltrator Roleless
  17. Kliff (TheMightyLopen) - roped into manning the barricade, possibly by a cousin? ABC Roleless
  18. Name Name (Straw) - has a name ABC Roleless
  19. Mykal (Amanuensis) - is a missionary of the path ABC Scavenger
  20. Bartolomeus Teki (randuir) - is slightly suspici... ABC Thug
  21. Roger Elariel (Elenion) - is not the Pauper Noble ABC Smoker
  22. Julie (Arraenae) - is an idealistic student fresh out of college ABC Ringleader
  23. Dariend Castel (StrikerEZ) - walks a dark path ABC Tineye
  24. Edmond Dantès (asterion137) - is seeking revenge for a wrongful imprisonment ABC Scavenger
  25. Jack (A Joe in the Bush) Escaped Convict
  26. Alonine (BrightnessRadiant) - is probably not the real Eponine ABC Rioter
  27. Darius Castel (Ecthelion III) - is self-centered, with a brother ABC Smoker
  28. Siena Mattel (Seonid) - is running away from love ABC Tineye

I say we should lynch Flash. He's directed us onto villager targets for so many cycles now that the game is practically over. I know I said he was painfully village before, which fits his pattern of posting. But the results from his actions make me sure that he's an elim.

How so? Apparently Im ridiculously unlucky. 

If you lynch me, you will find that I am a villager. And we will lose this game.

You know what is weird? Araris said if he was an elim, he wouldnt use the night kill on me. And now he is directing a lynch on me. I actually thought to myself "if the elims dont kill me, who would they kill?" obviously, seonid. he was the most villager, but less active. 

Also have you had any successful lynches? has anyone? I think you are an elim, but i will not vote yet. I have some time, so I will compile evidence to either refute or confirm my accusation.

Ok, first off. You said if Ecth flipped village, you would be suspicious of Dalinar. What happened to that?

Edited by The Flash

Yes, and 100% of your suspicions have turned out to be village. Arranae. Brightness. Im pretty sure stick is village. Drake is too misinformed to not be village. you seem to know how many elims there are, even if Wilson did back up your potential logic, a villager does not know for sure how many elims there are. And you aren't going after Dalinar like you said you would. You appear to be most suspicious of those who are the most active! I think that mindset, as a villager, is not a good one to have. Also you havent backed up any of your claims with evidence.

In other words, the evidence (which is flimsy) for lynching me ( which is that all the lynches i have led have turned out badly for the village) is the same as for lynching you, in that your suspicions were no more helpful than mine. And at least i did something about my suspicions. 

Also ecth turned village! so your vote counts for nothing at all in terms of clearing you. I will now go check the vote on Yitzi. If it looks like you did a potential bus on him, Im voting on you.

Well darn. He didn't even vote that cycle. 

That could be an attempt to distance himself from the lynch, because bussing often gets elims in trouble. Perhaps they decided to not even get involved? especially as Araris is so naturally invisible.

Ok. So, if there is only 4 elims left, we should be able to figure some stuff out. 

I would group as Village: Me (I'll let my actions speak for themselves), Arinian (due to an early vote on YItzi), Stick (due to her constant discussion), and i think drake and dalinar are probably village.

That leaves behind Araris, Shqueeves (I think he is elim because I asked him in PMs to come and share his thoughts, and hes been on the shard but hasn't said anything. I think that might be because it being his first game, and him being an elim might be overwhelming and make it scary to post), PK (who multiple people have expressed suspicions on, and i get a bad gut read from, I'll need to check his posts) and Cloudjumper, my suspicions who i think Araris indirectly defended. wouldnt it be interesting if cloudjumper turned elim? Then my lynch would finally have been productive. I was conviced by others to not go after Cloud, and instead go after Ecth. I find that suspicious.

If araris turns elim, i think these people are worth a closer look at. I will do it this cycle (now that im pretty much unimportant in the MR and dead in LG36), because i have some time. I will look at PK first, because i havent really taken a close look at him yet.

Edited by The Flash