1 hour ago, The Flash said:

Edit. I forgot that perhaps we are both the same side. But if we are both elim, you wouldn't be attacking me so strongly without leaving some way for me to be cleared. Elims don't seek to tear down other elims. And if we are both village... Well I guess maybe the elims didn't get around to it or something. In that case, I'm sorry. But I am of the firm belief that you are Elim. You confirmed it more by attacking me like that. 

Bah. I forgot that you were inexperienced. You're right, an inexperienced player would act differently.

I was going to clear you, because you expressed a firm belief that I'm guilty, but you're inexperienced so I can't read you. I'm less suspicious of you, though.

As Valbar settled back in his post after stating his suggestions, he noticed Mehir looking at him, which was quite strange, since most people seemed to pass over him even if he was the only person in the room. Maybe he wasn't actually looking at me, he thought. He glanced back at Mehir and was doubly surprised to not only see him still staring at him, but now with a questioning look. He waddled over to Mehir to see if he couldn't clear up whatever it was he was thinking, since it was no doubt a suspicious look he was giving him.

"Listen, if you're thinking that I might have inside knowledge about how many vials the Allomancers in our ranks have because I'm one of the Venture's spies and I knew the stores they were bringing in, there's a perfectly innocent explanation that's not that," Valbar said. "You see, last night, as I was keeping watch, the mist covered me and I heard a voice that told me that all Allomancers start with 2 vials, I swear I'm telling the truth! I hope that answers your concerns."

As Valbar hurried back to his post, he still couldn't help feeling like he was being watched, which was not a feeling he was familiar with...

Straight from the rules - "All Allomancers begin play with two vials of the metal they can burn, except the Mistborn, who begins play with one vial of each metal. A player may pass one or more vials they possess to another player during the Day Turn instead of voting, or during the Night Turn instead of taking an action or ordering metals."

I guess the trend of me getting votes early is still happening. :P

That's all for now, I've got to work on LG33 at the moment.

Mehir's face flushed with embarrassment and he looked down and away as he nodded his head. Yes, that made a lot of sense. Perhaps he was just being paranoid. 

But then the next day came without any harassment from the Venture Spies and the air felt heavy and thick with suspicion. He was reminded that they all had good reason to be paranoid; especially when he heard that Booken had been detained last night- likely for his attempts to organize a sect within the guards ranks. If he thought about it, while Valbar and Barry seemed more than willing to cut Booken some slack, by Occam's Razor, the simplest solution was the most likely solution. It didn't help that Mehir had been somewhat suspicious of Booken the other night for seemingly trying to distract everyone from the Venture Spies. 

Mehir frowned in thought. The fact that Booken wasn't putting up much of a fight did seem strange to him. The only explanation that he could think of though was that, after being so solidly caught, his only hope was to try to appear as innocent as possible and hope that the tides changed. And then there was Valbar and Barry. If Booken was a Venture Spy, would he point the finger at them so readily when they seemed to be the most likely to have been supporting him? The Ventures were arrogant, but they also tended to be quite shrewd as well. 

Something didn't seem right here. In the end, he found himself nodding along with Lance, as he brought up the idea that perhaps the Captain was the actual spy. While that thought might seem a bit mutinous, it seemed to explain everything that he'd witnessed so far.

Edited by Metacognition

Ok guys. I've been thinking over the situation as I mowed my grandparents lawn, and I decided to assume that the Ventures might have a coinshot. If so, why would they not strike? Because they were doing something else instead. They were implanting spikes. If all the venture agents had spikes, then they would not be able to send in a kill. Now perhaps not all of them had spikes, or one of them chose to not implant that night in order to send in the kill. And out of dumb luck, we detain the one who sent in the kill- PK. Now I suppose it's also possible he is a villager, and he is getting blamed accidentally, if all the Ventures have spikes and didn't use their kill because of that. But I'm keeping my vote on PK. His death will provide us information. Also, if he is a Venture, then why did he vote on himself? Because he or one of his comrades is  a Rioter (IIRC, it is rioters who can move votes.) And those my much more cohesive thoughts. 

Perhaps they gave up their kill so they can slaughter many of us the next night. 

Edited by The Flash

12 minutes ago, The Flash said:

Also, if he is a Venture, then why did he vote on himself? Because he or one of his comrades is a Rioter

What? Can you explain this to me? Why vote on himself then? If one of his comrades was a Rioter, then he could actually move to lynch someone else right now by voting on someone else so it would change from this.

Spoiler

PK(4) - Flash, Orlok, Cloud, PK

Flash(1) - Cluny

Dalinar(1) - Lopen

to this.

Spoiler

PK(2) - Flash, Orlok

Flash(3) - Cluny, PK, Cloud

Dalinar(1) - Lopen

Of course we would kill him right after, but at least he would survive one more turn.

Edit:

Anybody think this is weird??? I mean that cloudjumper quoted a post that Cluny changed. Majorly. That's weird. And that makes me the most suspicious I've ever been while playing SE. Which is about 4 days. And it's the arguments that disturb me, not the double voting. He completely changed tack

Sorry, didn't see that he changed it. Also as for the changing tack thing the for the first thing I wrote I just was trying to point out something, and the second thing was my vote, If that makes sense.

Edited by cloudjumper
Just saw something else

Just now, cloudjumper said:

What? Can you explain this to me? Why vote on himself then? If one of his comrades was a Rioter, then he could actually move to lynch someone else right now by voting on someone else so it would change from this.

Hide contents

PK(4) - Flash, Orlok, Cloud, PK

Flash(1) - Cluny

Dalinar(1) - Lopen

to this.

Hide contents

PK(2) - Flash, Orlok

Flash(3) - Cluny, PK, Cloud

Dalinar(1) - Lopen

Of course we would kill him right after, but at least he would survive one more turn.

Ok. Maybe he isn't a rioter. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think that PK might have just gotten stuck in a sucky situation. I was just brainstorming. But beware tonight- if I'm right about the Ventures implanting spikes, things are going to get sticky very fast. 

Wow. I love no-kill nights, though it always leads to more questions than when there is a kill. For those who might have noticed me reading the thread but not responding until now, btw, I had an out of town doctor's appointment that took up my morning and afternoon, so while I read the thread on mobile, I wasn't in a position to comment.  I'm suspicious of PK because of this, but at the same time he's right about having attracted a ton of attention yesterday. I can't see the Elims having him be the one to put in the kill, since they'd have had the choice of having someone less suspicious put it in. I mean, maybe another person with lots of suspicion on them was the only other option they had for some reason, though that seems unlikely, but I think probably what happened is that either there was other more important things the Elims were doing (and I can't really picture them forgoing a kill in favor of implanting spikes or using Allomantic abilities, not for all 4-5 of them) or that they're trying to confuse/mislead us. I mean, getting us all to focus on PK would be awesome for them if he's not an Elim, and while they couldn't have known he'd be detained, they might have assumed they could instead cast suspicion on more inactive players, or those with erratic play styles that might favor skipping a first night kill.

With that in mind, I'm thinking possible suspects would be people like Stick, Drake, Meta, Len, or Drought, all people who I could see maybe proposing a strategy like that. Lopen or Dalinar too, for that matter, or maybe HH. The problem is, I don't have any strong suspicions of any of them for any other reason, which is probably because there wasn't a lot of suspicious talk during the night cycle.

I'll vote in a little while after I get more time to read back over the thread and see if anything stands out. It might not even be a vote on one of those I mentioned, or I might join in voting on PK, but I'm thinking there's a very low chance of that right now. It just seems too unlikely he would have been the one submitting the kill, and way too lucky for us if so.

Alternatively, PK has decided to cut his losses and avoid saying anything else incriminating, which would be a sound strategy if he thought the lynch impossible to avoid. It's entirely possible that he is planning on changing his vote at the end of the cycle in a hammer.

52 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

If PK turns out to be village, then the elims probably have a Captain and abstained their kill to get us to waste the D1 lynch. Not the most effective strategy, but that's really the most plausible explanation I could see given that outcome.

D1 lynches are likely to target villagers anyway /shrug

35 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

But for real from what I can tell, either PK was the elim blocked or the elims are all inactive?? Or they want us to think that!? Bleh I dunno...this is a new level of trickery that I wasn't expecting.

I doubt the elims are all inactive :P . A villager had no reason to detain any player last night. Which is why I'm certain there's elim involvement in the detention. 

I don't really understand a lot of things right now.

Scenario One: PK is an elim and so is his detainer

Kind of pointless, that. What's the use of detaining your own and not killing a villager when you could have? They surely must have known that the detainment will arouse suspicions on PK. This still doesn't explain the lack of an elim kill.

Scenario Two: PK is an elim and his detainer is not

I doubt a villager had any reason to detain anyone at all last turn. If this is true, it's luck. There's no way they could've known PK's alignment. Or maybe the were just curious about what vials PK had, if any. Though a villager probably wouldn't want risk detaining a player only for them to turn out to be a Metallurgist.

Scenario Three: PK is a villager and his detainer is an elim

They detained him and didn't send in a kill order to make us think that PK was the venture agent responsible for sending in the order. Again, kind of pointless since D1 lynches almost always target villagers, as I said earlier. Elims find one way or another to escape it.

I cant make sense of this, I think I'll refrain from voting today. Unless something more suspicious comes up.

Ninja'd by like two people. I won't click show replies as that would make everything I typed disappear :]

I'm feeling somewhat impulsive, and worry that this discussion is potentially heading down the wrong path. I detained Paranoid King during the night, thinking that there was some credence in Meta's thought that PK was using the anti-spike group as a distraction, and thinking that he was a strong enough character that he may well have determined the kill were he evil.

8 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Ninja'd by like two people. I won't click show replies as that would make everything I typed disappear :]

Weird, that shouldn't happen. It just pops them up above my text box but keeps everything when I click that, on mobile or the computer.

Also, I think I'm dropping the first-person Remart schtick. Sorry to anyone who liked it, but in-game discussion is so much easier as me instead of Remart.

Edit: And, ironically, ninja'd by Orlok, albeit without a notification. Orlok, had you said that earlier it'd be less suspicious, though I'm inclined to trust you because I doubt PK was detained by the Elims if they even have a captain. The rules don't say they can't, but balance-wise, that'd make for a pretty powerful Elim team I think, and I'm thinking it's unlikely they do.

Edited by Jondesu

2 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

I'm feeling somewhat impulsive, and worry that this discussion is potentially heading down the wrong path. I detained Paranoid King during the night, thinking that there was some credence in Meta's thought that PK was using the anti-spike group as a distraction, and thinking that he was a strong enough character that he may well have determined the kill were he evil.

Well I'm feeling impulsive, and the post before this was your 666th post. HE'S THE COSMERE DEVIL GUYS. :P

10 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Oh. Oooh...Well, that pretty much explains why there was no kill I guess.

PK

edit:

Jondesu:

Weird, that shouldn't happen. It just pops them up above my text box but keeps everything when I click that, on mobile or the computer.

It doesnt *always* make my content disappear, but it has happened enough times to make me paranoid :P

Edited by _Stick_

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

With that in mind, I'm thinking possible suspects would be people like Stick, Drake, Meta, Len, or Drought, all people who I could see maybe proposing a strategy like that.

I could see myself doing that as an elim, but not this early. This early, we have time to lynch PK, if we choose to go that route. If it was a frame-up, lynching Village!PK would reveal that the elims have an unorthodox tactician on their team, which would throw suspicion on those of use willing to take that sort of risk, such as myself.

@Stick Why not include the fourth option, that both Orlok and PK are village? Orlok could have detained PK, and the elims could have chosen to not put in a kill as an act of sportsmanship, so that everyone has the choice of voting once? It's not a Len-like strategy, but I could see a few players in the player list who might have been inclined to propose that strategy: Ecth, Meta, Lopen, and anyone else who has a target on their back C1.

Marv rubbed the stone in his pocket. He wondered offhandedly if he would ever rub it enough to turn it to dust. Right at morning, Chief Gern had called all of the guard to attention and moved them all to Conrad Manor. It was a much nicer setting than the Keep, set on a hill and featuring well-tended gardens, but there were too many shadows cast by old family busts and tall drapes to be a cozy retreat. An air of uncertainty and paranoia circulated through its corridors. Marv shuddered despite himself, and moved his hand to the sword on his waist. Inside a large polearm would be no good, so the guard had been outfitted with tidy blades. Marv had no skill with a sword, but had seen enough of the more experienced guards train to have a semblance of an idea.

The change of scenery didn't help that Booken had been detained. It was a shock, really. Marv had no premonition that any of the guard had ulterior motives or shady intents, so to think that one of their own could have been punished was a bit unsettling. However, he had caught a bit of gossip, and not everyone thinks Booken was up to no good. Perhaps he was falsely accused...

It almost seems polarized: Orlok or PK. Because of Orlok's strong argument, I'm tempted to place a vote on PK, but Orlok could be a dastardly Elim, trying to get in good with us. We really do need good information to start with, though.

10 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Why not include the fourth option, that both Orlok and PK are village? Orlok could have detained PK, and the elims could have chosen to not put in a kill as an act of sportsmanship, so that everyone has the choice of voting once? It's not a Len-like strategy, but I could see a few players in the player list who might have been inclined to propose that strategy: Ecth, Meta, Lopen, and anyone else who has a target on their back C1.

I didnt really consider this

But hey, even if PK is village, we'll hopefully get useful information from his lynch?

15 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I didnt really consider this

But hey, even if PK is village, we'll hopefully get useful information from his lynch?

At this point, since everyone's voting from relative ignorance and for so many reasons, I doubt we'll get much useful information from his lynch, though of course more than from a random player like an inactive. I dunno, I'd almost rather lynch Orlok except that I do think I believe him, and I don't want to lynch a captain, although since he's outed himself he'll probably be an Elim target (assuming I'm right that he's telling the truth).

Edited by Jondesu

I think it is at least still worth considering that the Ventures might be using spikes. Even if all of them aren't using them, they will still be (probably)present, as night 0 is probably the best time to stick those spikes in. Any word yet on what happens if you are a coin shot and you plug in a steel spike and then use your steel ability? Or any misting/spike pair. 

If Orlok was an elim, you'd think he would have had his teammates implicate PK without Orlok having to reveal his role. For that I'm leaning village on him.

Even though we're far from certain that PK is evil, we can't overlook that possibility, and if he isn't then we know that Team Evil chose, for some reason, not to put in a kill. While Boris isn't the type to go after PK mob-style, he'll try to get somebody else to. PK

5 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Believe me, if I was a member of the elim team, I wouldn't be drawing attention and then putting in a kill. Even if I wasn't blocked, I'd have been detected with Bronze. I could imagine me drawing attention while another elim put in the kill, but that's not what happened.

My opinion doesn't count for anything because I'm the one accused, but I'm telling you, drawing attention and then trying to kill someone is a terrible idea.

My guess is that the eliminators were merciful enough to not kill anyone the first night phase. That's not a very strong argument, so I'm probably going to be lynched. That's okay. My Bronze was all stolen anyways.

I have a weak argument, so attempting to fight against this will just make me look more guilty. So just remember to do some discussion outside of bandwagoning.

When I'm revealed, I think Lopen and the Flash might be guilty. I get the feeling that they didn't plan on me being detained. They didn't consider that I would be seen as guilty, so they didn't vote on me right away. Lopen can't have just been looking at the thread quickly and voting on someone random, and the way flash sorta-argued against my guilt and then gave in makes me think he's guilty. In this case, Orlok is innocent, because he was the first to vote for me, despite the obvious evidence condemning me.

Honestly, I'm in 2 other games already, so I don't mind dying in this one. I think I'll give enough information in my death to be worth it. PK.

I don't think anyone views defending yourself as suspicious? :huh: At least they shouldn't.

I thought you'd get some suspicion from all of this, but I don't personally think it's suspicious enough to lynch you over. That's not to say I think you're village, because I haven't seen anything to make me think that, but I'm not going to vote on you for this Detainment.

I think there is a chance that you were the Venture Agent sending in the kill, but like you said, you had drawn a fair amount of attention to yourself during the Night, and elims tend to have unnoticed players send in the kill if they're available. So I'm leaning towards the elims not having sent in a kill at all, either out of kindness or because they wanted to mess with us...or something else. :P

As far as me "looking at the thread quickly" I posted almost 2 and a half hours after the thread was put up, so I'm not sure what you mean. I understand your point about not voting on you looking suspicious though. I purposefully did not state my opinion when I posted, instead just listing the scenarios I could think of to try and get others' opinions.  :P

3 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

Just to keep discussion going...

If PK turns out to be village, then the elims probably have a Captain and abstained their kill to get us to waste the D1 lynch. Not the most effective strategy, but that's really the most plausible explanation I could see given that outcome.

I did mention this in my first post, but now that Orlok has claimed to be the Captain, I'm not sure it seems like a very likely option.

43 minutes ago, Elenion said:

I could see myself doing that as an elim, but not this early. This early, we have time to lynch PK, if we choose to go that route. If it was a frame-up, lynching Village!PK would reveal that the elims have an unorthodox tactician on their team, which would throw suspicion on those of use willing to take that sort of risk, such as myself.

@Stick Why not include the fourth option, that both Orlok and PK are village? Orlok could have detained PK, and the elims could have chosen to not put in a kill as an act of sportsmanship, so that everyone has the choice of voting once? It's not a Len-like strategy, but I could see a few players in the player list who might have been inclined to propose that strategy: Ecth, Meta, Lopen, and anyone else who has a target on their back C1.

So you think that Orlok and PK are innocent?

32 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

@Metacognition, @TheMightyLopen, neither of you have really been present this cycle, although Meta has been online. Thoughts on the game?

Thoughts are above and below. :P

Flash, I kind of doubt the Venture Agents would all start with Spikes. It seems to me that Spikes would be somewhat rare, maybe only 3 or 4 altogether? Players already start with roles after all. And if I'm right, or even close to being right,, then the elims would have to have all or most of the Spikes(I'm guessing there's 4 elims, but I suppose it's possible there's 5?), which would be a strange way to balance the game. Although pretty interesting now that I think about it. :P

1 hour ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

@Metacognition, @TheMightyLopen, neither of you have really been present this cycle, although Meta has been online. Thoughts on the game?

I have posted some of my thoughts. It's all in there. ;) Of course, from the time that I posted that, I do have some additional thoughts based on new information. 

4 hours ago, Metacognition said:

Mehir's face flushed with embarrassment and he looked down and away as he nodded his head. Yes, that made a lot of sense. Perhaps he was just being paranoid. 

But then the next day came without any harassment from the Venture Spies and the air felt heavy and thick with suspicion. He was reminded that they all had good reason to be paranoid; especially when he heard that Booken had been detained last night- likely for his attempts to organize a sect within the guards ranks. If he thought about it, while Valbar and Barry seemed more than willing to cut Booken some slack, by Occam's Razor, the simplest solution was the most likely solution. It didn't help that Mehir had been somewhat suspicious of Booken the other night for seemingly trying to distract everyone from the Venture Spies. 

Mehir frowned in thought. The fact that Booken wasn't putting up much of a fight did seem strange to him. The only explanation that he could think of though was that, after being so solidly caught, his only hope was to try to appear as innocent as possible and hope that the tides changed. And then there was Valbar and Barry. If Booken was a Venture Spy, would he point the finger at them so readily when they seemed to be the most likely to have been supporting him? The Ventures were arrogant, but they also tended to be quite shrewd as well. 

Something didn't seem right here. In the end, he found himself nodding along with Lance, as he brought up the idea that perhaps the Captain was the actual spy. While that thought might seem a bit mutinous, it seemed to explain everything that he'd witnessed so far.

3 hours ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Mehir raised an eyebrow when Locke proclaimed that he was the one that detained Booken. That definitely put the idea of their Captain being a Venture Spy out of the way. There was no way that Locke would come forward and take the blame if Booken was innocent; not if he was a Venture Spy. They would've gotten away with their trick, so there was no need to put one of their own under scrutiny as well. 

This really only left two possibilities to Mehir. Either Booken was to blame (if Mehir thought about it, the reasoning that Booken wouldn't put in the kill order because he was the most boisterous the Night before could also make a compelling reason for him to put in the order just as well. No one would expect him to put in the order) or they were both innocent. Of the two, the one that made the most sense was the first, so when it came time to vote, Mehir nodded towards Booken with with a stern grimace.

55 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I don't think anyone views defending yourself as suspicious? :huh: At least they shouldn't.

I thought you'd get some suspicion from all of this, but I don't personally think it's suspicious enough to lynch you over. That's not to say I think you're village, because I haven't seen anything to make me think that, but I'm not going to vote on you for this Detainment.

I think there is a chance that you were the Venture Agent sending in the kill, but like you said, you had drawn a fair amount of attention to yourself during the Night, and elims tend to have unnoticed players send in the kill if they're available. So I'm leaning towards the elims not having sent in a kill at all, either out of kindness or because they wanted to mess with us...or something else. :P

As far as me "looking at the thread quickly" I posted almost 2 and a half hours after the thread was put up, so I'm not sure what you mean. I understand your point about not voting on you looking suspicious though. I purposefully did not state my opinion when I posted, instead just listing the scenarios I could think of to try and get others' opinions.  :P

I did mention this in my first post, but now that Orlok has claimed to be the Captain, I'm not sure it seems like a very likely option.

So you think that Orlok and PK are innocent?

Thoughts are above and below. :P

Flash, I kind of doubt the Venture Agents would all start with Spikes. It seems to me that Spikes would be somewhat rare, maybe only 3 or 4 altogether? Players already start with roles after all. And if I'm right, or even close to being right,, then the elims would have to have all or most of the Spikes(I'm guessing there's 4 elims, but I suppose it's possible there's 5?), which would be a strange way to balance the game. Although pretty interesting now that I think about it. :P

Yeah... maybe I was a little paranoid about them having having all the spikes. Or all of them having spikes. It is worth considering, and paying attention to. Although spikes do NOT make one evil. 

Argyle stopped to ponder the guard's extraordinary luck. Not only had no one been murdered, they had successfully apprehended a Venture agent. At least, they suspected as such. They had to be sure though. Argyle considered Booken's confession.

6 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Believe me, if I was a member of the elim team, I wouldn't be drawing attention and then putting in a kill. Even if I wasn't blocked, I'd have been detected with Bronze. I could imagine me drawing attention while another elim put in the kill, but that's not what happened.

My opinion doesn't count for anything because I'm the one accused, but I'm telling you, drawing attention and then trying to kill someone is a terrible idea.

My guess is that the eliminators were merciful enough to not kill anyone the first night phase. That's not a very strong argument, so I'm probably going to be lynched. That's okay. My Bronze was all stolen anyways.

I have a weak argument, so attempting to fight against this will just make me look more guilty. So just remember to do some discussion outside of bandwagoning.

When I'm revealed, I think Lopen and the Flash might be guilty. I get the feeling that they didn't plan on me being detained. They didn't consider that I would be seen as guilty, so they didn't vote on me right away. Lopen can't have just been looking at the thread quickly and voting on someone random, and the way flash sorta-argued against my guilt and then gave in makes me think he's guilty. In this case, Orlok is innocent, because he was the first to vote for me, despite the obvious evidence condemning me.

Honestly, I'm in 2 other games already, so I don't mind dying in this one. I think I'll give enough information in my death to be worth it. PK.

That was even better news! They had apprehended a Venture Seeker. That would be a very powerful blow to the spies. Argyle couldn't believe their incredible luck.

He stopped. Incredible luck? Incredible Luck!? That had to be a mistake. There was no way Argyle could be this lucky. Well, he supposed that statistically, there was always a chance, but he doubted it. It was best to assume the worse. It would be optimistic to think that Venture had sent a Seeker after Conrad. He doubted the house was that much of a threat. If that was the case, then Booker would be a loyal Seeker, which meant that they would have wasted an entire day killing him. That made him immediately suspicious of whomever apprehended Booker. 

Argyle fixed his eyes on Locke. Should Booker turn out to be innocent, the suspicion would turn on whomever apprehended him. However, Argyle also doubted that Locke was guilty. If he was a Venture spy, why confess to locking Booker up?  He would have lurked in the shadows to buy time. It would also be dangerous for a Venture to go around detaining people. Someone might question their authority, and then they would be in big trouble. So Argyle didn't suspect Locke either.

But that just brought him back to square one. If neither Booker nor Locke were spies, then why was there no kill? Was it miscommunication caused by the move? Could it have been a plot to make them suspect whomever was detained? Were there even any spies among them? Argyle didn't have the answers, but he knew what he needed to do. He needed to stop Booker from getting lynched.

Then...who would he vote for? Someone lurking in the shadows, perhaps. Someone who was trying to egg on lynching one of the suspects. Someone like...

6 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

Just to keep discussion going...

Lance (Ecthelion III)! He was the one who started the suspicion on the captain. It wasn't much to go on, but Argyle didn't have much else in terms of evidence. Plus, he wanted the man to speak up. @Ecthelion III "What do you have to say for yourself!" he accused, pointing his finger at the man. It was time to get some answers.

I'm not quite sure what I think of all this, honestly. I'm still quite inexperienced, and all the extra roles in the game are still sort of confusing me. But I'll work my hardest to sift through the information in a (hopefully) intelligent manner.

Okay, I honestly don't think that the idea that both Orlok and PK are elims makes sense strategically. What would really be the point of wasting the kill like that, and putting two of the elims in the limelight by having Orlok confess to being a captain (supposedly). 

Secondly, if one of them was a villager and the other an elim. If Orlok were the villager, I'd assume PK would've been the one who had sent the kill, and Orlok just managed to block him. I can't remember, does detaining someone tell you what action (if any) they performed? If Orlok was the elim...still doesn't make sense to reveal your captain elim and risk suspicion on him.

If they were both villagers...then that opens up a whole new can of worms, as that would mean that the elims decided not to kill someone on the first night, either out of generosity or for some sort of strategy.

As of right now, I'm leaning towards lynching PK, but I still want to wait a little while longer and hear some other people's opinions.