Scriptorian

WELP.

I'm not sure why I decided to put that in all caps but holy crap this book is going to be an emotional rollercoaster. Just that out-of-context quote was enough to have an impact.

This Glimpse was straightforward and I want this book so bad oh man I want to see this Everstorm now.

Edited by Moogle

WELP.

I'm not sure why I decided to put that in all caps but holy crap this book is going to be an emotional rollercoaster. Just that out-of-context quote was enough to have an impact.

This Glimpse was straightforward and I want this book so bad oh man I want to see this Everstorm now.

Ditto ...

Though I am holding out hope that they are not necessarily dead ..... could just be severely injured ............ hey i can hope cant i!?!

I feel like Renarin is so much more marked for death than Adolin, though. That said I wouldn't mind if Adolin died. Would prefer his death over Renarin's. But I still say it will be Renarin.

I just don't think it will, what with Brandon telling us Renarin has a spren that we haven't seen before. It just seem to me that the story can be developed more by Renarin character, were as Adolin I feel is the most expendable of the Kholins.

OR

We're reading these words so out of context that we're supposed to think that one of his sons dies but actually something else is happening in this scene. Tor's trolling us!!

Edited by Duskshard

We probably are way too out of context to really say anything on this matter, at least to go as far as death.

Maybe we can begin some more discussion if this. Thus Glimpse does not seem to actually be in Dalinar's PoV, as his son is referred to as "his son", not as Adolin or Renarin. It seems to me to be someone coming on to the scene and seeing this. Kaladin, maybe Szeth?

Also, why is the sky fractured? Is a highstorm starting, or something worse?

Wild speculation, but what if Renarin is a Skybreaker and this is part of the scene where he first displayed his power.

Sky fractured/Skybreaker???

Maybe he's used up all his stormlight too quickly and he doesn't have the strength to stand so Dalinar is kneeling holding him in his arms.

Calm down folks nothing are lost. "His son" aren't necessarily death, maybe just injuried......

It's is time to forget the glimpses, no more spoilers to me=(

I feel like if one was actually dead, Peter wouldn't let Tor put this one up.

Woudn't him? I wonder.

PS:  I sure hope that for Lady Feather sake Renarim aren't in trouble =)
Edited by Natans

This is far too out of context. There are about a hundred situations in which this could apply. The thing about the fractured sky, however... That brings up some fascinating thoughts.

Namely, if the sky is fracturing, then maybe it will break. Combined with the order of Skybreakers, this is a possible indicator that Roshar is the Expanse of the Broken Sky, though I don't know how much sense that makes as the map of Shadesmar is theoretically from the perspective of Roshar.

EDIT: Otherwise, we'll probably see a Skybreaker at least in this book, so yay for that, I guess.

Edited by Limelleth

Wild speculation, but what if Renarin is a Skybreaker and this is part of the scene where he first displayed his power.

Sky fractured/Skybreaker???

Maybe he's used up all his stormlight too quickly and he doesn't have the strength to stand so Dalinar is kneeling holding him in his arms.

This is likely. Remember when Kaladin used too much stormlight? I'm sure the next sentence is a member of Bridge 4 running up with some spheres. I hope so anyway. I rather have at least one knight from each order live through the first few books.

I feel like this series is going to end with something cheesy like "Everyone is a Radiant! We all have power, and no one is more special than anyone else!"

If Mistborn are an example i really think that this will have a more bitter end =)

Fracturing ? Not Fracutred? Made me wonder what are happing.

Skybreaker powers ? Or let's say some countdown hiting zero ?

I'm on vacation this week and not really looking at the forums at all, but I had to log on and watch the panic after seeing that glimpse, hahahaha. 

My first thought was death, but I think it is going to be one of the two realizing their Skybreaker powers and accidentally harming themselves with it. It'll work out just fine.