Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

I was mad at my mom, and I let it show in front of Bruce. 

Now he's downstairs in her room. Went there of his own accord when I took him outside. 

He even loves her better. 

Storms, what's the point of anything. Why even take him when I move out. He loves her best. 

No he doesn't. But if he thinks your in a bad mood at the moment he probably figures he's more likely to get positive attention from someone else right now.

Regardless though, 1 instance of something happening is not a good indicator of who a pup loves more. Puppies generally love everyone they know who isn't mean to them.

If you being angry scared him slightly, well ok, but how many times has your mum been angry at you in front of him?

I was mad at my mom, and I let it show in front of Bruce. 

Now he's downstairs in her room. Went there of his own accord when I took him outside. 

He even loves her better. 

Storms, what's the point of anything. Why even take him when I move out. He loves her best. 

These are the lies of the brainweasels.

Remember what he gets like when you're sad or upset?  He clings to you.  Remember what he does when your mother is mad?  He pees on (her) things.

I imagine he's just picking up on the fact that you're angry, but lacks the cognitive capacity to understand why or at whom.  He's showing pretty reasonable submissive dog behavior - avoid the angry alpha until she's not angry anymore.

No he doesn't. But if he thinks your in a bad mood at the moment he probably figures he's more likely to get positive attention from someone else right now.

Regardless though, 1 instance of something happening is not a good indicator of who a pup loves more. Puppies generally love everyone they know who isn't mean to them.

If you being angry scared him slightly, well ok, but how many times has your mum been angry at you in front of him?

These are the lies of the brainweasels.

Remember what he gets like when you're sad or upset?  He clings to you.  Remember what he does when your mother is mad?  He pees on (her) things.

I imagine he's just picking up on the fact that you're angry, but lacks the cognitive capacity to understand why or at whom.  He's showing pretty reasonable submissive dog behavior - avoid the angry alpha until she's not angry anymore.

Thanks. I went and got him a minute ago, and he seemed happy to see me. 

I'm just always afraid I'll do the one thing that makes him decide my mom is a better alpha. 

Thanks. I went and got him a minute ago, and he seemed happy to see me. 

I'm just always afraid I'll do the one thing that makes him decide my mom is a better alpha. 

Your mother is frightening and unpredictable.  These are poor alpha qualities.

Once a dog has settled into an alpha loyalty, they don't change it easily.  Bruce knows whose dog he is.

Your mother is frightening and unpredictable.  These are poor alpha qualities.

Once a dog has settled into an alpha loyalty, they don't change it easily.  Bruce knows whose dog he is.

If I recall correctly, the only way a dog will readily change alpha loyalty is if either something happens to her, or if a new alpha proves it's superiority by demoting him to beta,

I tried to sign-up for an essay topic, and I managed to get the one I wanted. But then today I realised that I still haven't got an e-mail confirmation. So I decided to check it, and it turned out that the system somehow did not count my sign-up (a lot of activity on server) and in the meantime someone managed to snatch my topic! And now I had to sign-up for some utterly boring and stupid topic. I'm not happy. 

EDIT: Oh, and I finally got the appointment letter to the psychiatrist. That's good news. Bad news is that it doesn't give me an appointment, it asks me to make one by calling. And worse news is that the letter also states that waiting list times are at least 12-18 weeks. This is ridiculous. If someone were suicidal they would be long dead before their appointment. O.o Never trust public health care provider. =.=

Edited by Pestis the Spider

I tried to sign-up for an essay topic, and I managed to get the one I wanted. But then today I realised that I still haven't got an e-mail confirmation. So I decided to check it, and it turned out that the system somehow did not count my sign-up (a lot of activity on server) and in the meantime someone managed to snatch my topic! And now I had to sign-up for some utterly boring and stupid topic. I'm not happy. 

Would talking to the teacher help? 

Got pulled over,failure to yield on a left turn. It was close enough that it felt a lot like getting pulled over for doing 61 in a 55. It was close enough that sure I could be pulled out for, but you wouldn't expect it. Only got a warning, which was really good. Mums Pretty ticked at me though. A lot more than when my sister got pulled over for running a red :/

I think that's what bothers me really. She had a fun story to go with it, mine was just a regular traffic thing, feeling a little stressed.

You can't just say that without context.  We need the story, woman!

My mom sent me out to pick up some pillows for her today. I took Bruce to the mall to try and socialize him a bit. He was doing really well, and then for some reason, he started barking while I was at the cash register. At the same time, my mom's card isn't going through, so I'm trying to quiet my dog and pay for the stupid pillow, when this ancient little busybody comes up and asks in her most self-righteous tone if Bruce is a service dog. I lied and said yes to try and get her to go away, she pointed out that he didn't have any gear, I snapped and told her to butt out, she escalated and told me I was very rude (to which I pointed out that she storming started it). I finally got this woman, who didn't work at Macy's, off my back, and one of the employees informed me in a snotty tone that they only allow service dogs. Which was not a problem before he started barking. 

And look. Bruce was causing a ruckus. I get it. I was in the wrong there. But not only were the employees rude about it, but that wasn't the only time I've had to deal with that. It's not unusual for me to wait ten minutes at the cosmetics counter while the only attendant on duty fawns over the old lady trying out eyeshadow, and not so much as bat an eyelash when I leave empty-handed. 

So I'll just cut my losses and shop elsewhere. 

Because they're girls. :P

True. :P

I just wish they'd realize that it's not actually nice when they try so hard not to offend us by openly expressing their lack of interest. Maybe it's just cause some of us guys are just a bit slow at reading the signals, but it seems much kinder to everyone involved to simply make it clear to begin with, so we can feel bad and move on, rather than trying to be subtle and polite, which ends up leaving us to wonder and second guess ourselves until we finally figure it out and then give up...

[/mini rant]

I'm tired, I should probably sleep.

EDIT: Fixed some phrasing and stuff.

ANOTHER EDIT: Heh... I guess girls get frustrated with us for being completely oblivious and not taking a hint, so I suppose the confusion is mutual.

Edited by Lindel

True. :P

I just wish they'd realize that it's not actually nice when they try so hard not to offend us by openly expressing their lack of interest. Maybe it's just cause some of us guys are just a bit slow at reading the signals, but it seems much kinder to everyone involved to simply make it clear to begin with, so we can feel bad and move on, rather than trying to be subtle and polite, which ends up leaving us to wonder and second guess ourselves until we finally figure it out and then give up...

[/mini rant]

I'm tired, I should probably sleep.

EDIT: Fixed some phrasing and stuff.

ANOTHER EDIT: Heh... I guess girls get frustrated with us for being completely oblivious and not taking a hint, so I suppose the confusion is mutual.

If it helps, girls don't do that out of malice or anything other than nervousness, most of the time. See, girls are afraid of coming on too strong, and while some examples of that are obvious (like suggesting they pick out a wedding cake on the first date :P) others are more subtle. Girls think guys are just as mysterious as guys think girls are, so girls see flirting as a delicate balance of displaying interest and concealing the depths of their feelings. If a girl acts uninterested, it's probably because she feels she acted too interested earlier—though whether or not this is objectively true is up for debate. So, the result is that as she tries to live up to this balancing act, she winds up giving off some mixed signals. 

I know this doesn't make it any less frustrating, but hopefully understanding makes it a little easier. 

If it helps, girls don't do that out of malice or anything other than nervousness, most of the time. See, girls are afraid of coming on too strong, and while some examples of that are obvious (like suggesting they pick out a wedding cake on the first date :P) others are more subtle. Girls think guys are just as mysterious as guys think girls are, so girls see flirting as a delicate balance of displaying interest and concealing the depths of their feelings. If a girl acts uninterested, it's probably because she feels she acted too interested earlier—though whether or not this is objectively true is up for debate. So, the result is that as she tries to live up to this balancing act, she winds up giving off some mixed signals. 

I know this doesn't make it any less frustrating, but hopefully understanding makes it a little easier. 

What would really make it easier on both sides is both parties deciding what they mean and want to say, and committing to that entirely.

What would really make it easier on both sides is both parties deciding what they mean and want to say, and committing to that entirely.

Agreed. Unfortunately, culture is a bizarre and often contradictory thing, and ours tells us that flirting must be done a certain way. And even if everyone said "We'll say what we mean and nothing more or less," there would still be the element of distrust. "Does he really mean it like that, or does he mean it a completely different way?" 

I for one am totally for open communication, particularly in a close, personal and important relationships. Yes it means putting yourself on the line more and that's terrifying, but it also leaves things clear. I've literally texted a friend "Hi, we haven't spoken properly in ages and you never initiate hanging out. Is something wrong, do you not want to talk to me?"

So instead of spending time worrying  that I've done something to offend her or that she doesn't like me, she replied "I'd love to hang out just super busy." And then after a couple week I asked again, same reply. And then after like a month when she wasn't busy we hung out again and went back to normal. soooo much better than deciding she doesnt like me, getting upset about losing a close friend, feeling bitter about the whole thing and probably actually ruining the relationship, when the truth is just that our schedules badly conflicted for a while.

And that's a friend, not a romantic/possible-marriage-life-partner relationship. 

so, just talk.

Also I just noticed this thread is tagged with 'sucks hugs pugs' :P:)

Voluntold (verb, past tense): When a person or group of people is volunteered for an often undesirable task without their consent and usually without consulting them first. Example: Twi's family got a showing on Sunday morning while they were in church. Twi was Voluntold to stay at the church with her youngest sister and the sister's friend, then bring them home after.

And if they'd ASKED me what I wanted to do, I wouldn't be so annoyed. <_<

Voluntold (verb, past tense): When a person or group of people is volunteered for an often undesirable task without their consent and usually without consulting them first. Example: Twi's family got a showing on Sunday morning while they were in church. Twi was Voluntold to stay at the church with her youngest sister and the sister's friend, then bring them home after.

And if they'd ASKED me what I wanted to do, I wouldn't be so annoyed. <_<

Voluntold, synonym for ordered to do something for a third pary in a way that makes the person ordering you look benefital to said party.