Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

Social life is important! Not parties necessarily but friends. Friends are good.

Eh, I talk to some friends at school. I'm an introvert so it doesn't bother me much.

It definitely got better for me.  Of course, I went from a small town podunk high school to a college with a very high concentration of nerds, which helped lots.  For intelligent nerdy types, college is a godsend because it has a tendency to concentrate similar people into a smaller geographical space.

I actually can't wait for college. :D

Edited by Slowswift

So wait if necessary/repeat the question. You're the one asking, you're the one in control of the situation. And be aware that your worth doesn't come from his/her answer. A pause or a no or even if they stare at you and say "what? I'd never go out with you!" reflects on them, not on you. You're still the same person, you're a little braver for having actually asked, and you're awesome. The only thing that changes is that you either have a date, or you know he's not interested in you.

Also, like, possibly he wants to ask you out but isn't brave enough himself. You never know.

Hold onto the knowledge that you are a human being and you have worth, work on loving yourself and then possible rejection by someone else isn't quite so scary because you've got your own back. As someone said to me today, you should always be your own best friend.

Slowswift, I can't comment on how this could or could not apply to Aspergers because I actually know almost nothing about it. I'm sorry that it makes your life more difficult. :(

That's a lot of 'ifs' and 'buts' and "sense of identity" for people who are trying to establish their own identity and place in the scheme of things, don't you think?

All of what you say may be true, but it does not really resonate without experience, something many lack. 

Which goes back to what Slowshift has said, "If only it were that simple!" One day it might be simple, but when you go through that developmental stage, nothing is really that simple... even if it all is somewhat simplistic.

True.

I guess I'm trying to say, love yourself. Be kind to yourself. Even if you don't know who you are or where you stand, you don't need validation from anyone but yourself.

And then everything else isn't quite so scary.

And if this is still useless advice.......good luck to you all. *hugs*

So wait if necessary/repeat the question. You're the one asking, you're the one in control of the situation. And be aware that your worth doesn't come from his/her answer. A pause or a no or even if they stare at you and say "what? I'd never go out with you!" reflects on them, not on you. You're still the same person, you're a little braver for having actually asked, and you're awesome. The only thing that changes is that you either have a date, or you know he's not interested in you.

Also, like, possibly he wants to ask you out but isn't brave enough himself. You never know.

Hold onto the knowledge that you are a human being and you have worth, work on loving yourself and then possible rejection by someone else isn't quite so scary because you've got your own back. As someone said to me today, you should always be your own best friend.

(

Bravo! This is about the same advice I could give, written better as well :)

True.

I guess I'm trying to say, love yourself. Be kind to yourself. Even if you don't know who you are or where you stand, you don't need validation from anyone but yourself.

And then everything else isn't quite so scary.

And if this is still useless advice.......good luck to you all. *hugs*

Oh it's not useless advice. People are just mad and ignore such sense ;)

It's also some of the blunt, honest Israeliness in me talking. Why bother wasting energy dancing around important emotional things when if you're just clear and open you can save a lot of trouble?

(Yes I know it's a cultural thing and not everyone works this way)

And thanks for the compliment Orlion and ScottLeft. :)

Edited by Delightful

Yes talking to the opposite sex is much easier as you get older. It's also much easier to accept rejection. Rejection in HS is end of world events so you really need to ask yourself Lark if your prepared to potentially lose a friendship if he says no. When your older and you get the no answer both parties understand that you can still stay friends. In HS the walls go up immediately and the scorn can burn brighter. It's just all part of growing up.

Yes talking to the opposite sex is much easier as you get older. It's also much easier to accept rejection. Rejection in HS is end of world events so you really need to ask yourself Lark if your prepared to potentially lose a friendship if he says no. When your older and you get the no answer both parties understand that you can still stay friends. In HS the walls go up immediately and the scorn can burn brighter. It's just all part of growing up.

I don't think I'd put it nearly as such an either or thing at all. I have a friend, we'd known each other for a while, and we talked about being more and decided it wasn't gonna fit very well. It was kinda hard on me for a while, but it was more comfortable for her, and right now we're each other's Best friend. Im just sharing because I don't want you to get a feeling like it's either gonna go well or absolutely bomb, or that you'll be able to tell at first.

Gender has??? Nothing to do with it for me??? Sorry but I have to throw this out there. "Talking to the opposite gender" I'm sorry but good lord.

Ahem.

I had no idea my comment would lead to such an.. off topic conversation. Oops.

Prehaps another thread?

Gender has??? Nothing to do with it for me??? Sorry but I have to throw this out there. "Talking to the opposite gender" I'm sorry but good lord.

Ahem.

I had no idea my comment would lead to such an.. off topic conversation. Oops.

Prehaps another thread?

Jeez I didn't say you did merely commenting on the expanded conversation that sprung up...

I barely have a social life at all anymore... I mean I guess you could blame it on the fact that I dont drink, party, or generally have a reason to go outside other than work. Or study, if I didnt hate studying so much then maybe I could meet people.

But I have internet, so it is mostly ok.

I guess this was to say "Bring on the essay Maxal!" Or something like that.

The last validator on HPFF said oblique references to Star Wars were okay. So I left them in. 

The validator for this latest chapter said all references have to be removed and that I should use another film franchise instead. 

Aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhh 

Would anyone object if I just moved my story to DeviantArt? <_< 

The last validator on HPFF said oblique references to Star Wars were okay. So I left them in. 

The validator for this latest chapter said all references have to be removed and that I should use another film franchise instead. 

Aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhh 

Would anyone object if I just moved my story to DeviantArt? <_<

Not me. Or you could post it to Creator's Corner here. :ph34r:

Not me. Or you could post it to Creator's Corner here. :ph34r:

I just made a DeviantArt account. I'm writing it primarily for you guys, but I also want to see how many people outside my circle of online friends read it. :ph34r: 

If you want to go find me while I'm in the process of adding chapters, my name and avatar are exactly the same as they are here. 

I was all set to start working out today.

Get downstairs, try to fire up the elliptical, can't.  Realize that it's not plugged in.  Further realize that its power adapter is probably in a box somewhere, unlabeled.  Machine doesn't have the power specs printed on the side, so we can't just plug anything into it.

Ordered new power adapter.  Will be here Tuesday.

*sulk*