Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

I made the mistake of watching a flat earth theory video. I fear I may have lost IQ.

I investigated the Flat Earth Society forums once.  The impression I got was of a bunch of trolls who were absolutely convinced that everyone else believed that malarkey, and were all trying to come up with the most ridiculous theory that other people would follow.

There was one guy trying to convince everyone that moon phases were caused by a mass migration of bioluminescent organisms.  At that point, it's hard to take any of them seriously enough to invest IQ points far in enough to be able to lose them.

I investigated the Flat Earth Society forums once.  The impression I got was of a bunch of trolls who were absolutely convinced that everyone else believed that malarkey, and were all trying to come up with the most ridiculous theory that other people would follow.

There was one guy trying to convince everyone that moon phases were caused by a mass migration of bioluminescent organisms.  At that point, it's hard to take any of them seriously enough to invest IQ points far in enough to be able to lose them.

I'm afraid that my IQ is fragile and very easy to lose, the marbles I lost may have something to do with that.

Yea, I'm really hoping he was a troll and not being serious but he sounded so convinced that he was right. 

Besides of all the things that people seem to believe in, a flat earth is not that far fetched to me.

There is a FB fanpage (unfortunately Polish, so you wouldn't get much of it) that reposts things from a closed group. Said group is about herbs and all these 'natural and 'alternative' methods of healing (cause you know, doctors are uneducated/educated wrongly/corrupted by bigpharma/part of NWO(not sure if I have seen this one)/something).

To say that those people are stupid is to insult stupid people. Things I have seen...

Edited by Oversleep

And First World Problems with Twimom: 

​Twimom just called me up on the phone—WHAT?

Don't she know how to text? OMG! 

With most people, I don't mind, but with her, she rambles. I mean, really, Mom, when I asked which address I should use as my previous mailing address, you could've just texted back, "Use the Tucson address." But noooooo, you had to call and turn it into a two-minute ramble about how I have to do this and this and this and be sure to do this thing I've already done and be careful of this….<_<

There is a FB fanpage (unfortunately Polish, so you wouldn't get much of it) that reposts things from a closed group. Said group is about herbs and all these 'natural and 'alternative' methods of healing (cause you know, doctors are uneducated/educated wrongly/corrupted by bigpharma/part of NWO(not sure if I have seen this one)/something).

To say that those people are stupid is to insult stupid people. Things I have seen...

Nah. There are people that think evolution isn't real, that thing that moon isn't real (seriously) and so on. And have you ever heard about homeopathy? That's really hilarious. 

On the other hand the person I have messaged about rats, just replied to me that they indeed still have rats up for adoption. And female. And all types possible. OMG, I'm dying. I really hoped they would say they have no rats. EDIT: Ok, I decided that this time I'm getting rats (if at all) only from a serious and registered breeder. So I can ignore this person. :P

Sorry I'm rambling again about the rats matter. xD

With most people, I don't mind, but with her, she rambles. I mean, really, Mom, when I asked which address I should use as my previous mailing address, you could've just texted back, "Use the Tucson address." But noooooo, you had to call and turn it into a two-minute ramble about how I have to do this and this and this and be sure to do this thing I've already done and be careful of this…. <_<

Oh, how I can understand you. My mother does it everytime. However she does it, because when she texts me and I don't reply within half an hour (well, maybe because I don't look at my phone 24/7) she starts to panick that something happened. =.=

Edited by Pestis the Spider

With most people, I don't mind, but with her, she rambles. I mean, really, Mom, when I asked which address I should use as my previous mailing address, you could've just texted back, "Use the Tucson address." But noooooo, you had to call and turn it into a two-minute ramble about how I have to do this and this and this and be sure to do this thing I've already done and be careful of this…. <_<

You really should know better by now.  Just ask me things.  Even if she'd know the answer better, I can probably deduce and in the process leave you much less annoyed.  :D

Nah. There are people that think evolution isn't real, that thing that moon isn't real (seriously) and so on. And have you ever heard about homeopathy? That's really hilarious. 

pfffft. Homeopathy? That's, like, beginner's level.

I don't have time to dig up the really juicy (or scary) ones, so the first from the line:

"My daughter has otitis, can somebody suggest something apart from chemical medicines?"

answer: "Pour hydrogen peroxide into the ear and stick a hot potato to it. I personally use microwave to heat up the potato and then apply it through a cloth."

Some 'advices' are borderline... not lethal, you wouldn't kill yourself instantly, but... you would in longer distance. Because you can't heal cancer with diet.

On a lighter note, for some of questions like "my child has something..." there is a response "how long since you got rid of the worms last time?". Take your children to the vet, people! XD (Just kidding, doctors will try to prescribe medication. And that's bigpharma...)

Overdosing vitamin C was also a trend.

Oh and by the way, does somebody know what is "dead water"?

Edited by Oversleep

pfffft. Homeopathy? That's, like, beginner's level.

I don't have time to dig up the really juicy (or scary) ones, so the first from the line:

"My daughter has otitis, can somebody suggest something apart from chemical medicines?"

answer: "Pour hydrogen peroxide into the ear and stick a hot potato to it. I personally use microwave to heat up the potato and then apply it through a cloth."

Some 'advices' are borderline... not lethal, you wouldn't kill yourself instantly, but... you would in longer distance. Because you can't heal cancer with diet.

On a lighter note, for some of questions like "my child has something..." there is a response "how long since you got rid of the worms last time?". Take your children to the vet, people! XD (Just kidding, doctors will try to prescribe medication. And that's bigpharma...)

Overdosing vitamin C was also a trend.

Oh and by the way, does somebody know what is "dead water"?

Well. Homeopathy claims that water has "memory" which is the most hilarious claim I've ever heard, sooo...

Well. Homeopathy claims that water has "memory" which is the most hilarious claim I've ever heard, sooo...

Yeah, I know what is homeopathy. But believing in "water memory" is... well, stupid, but... how to put it... Okay, I probably could sell it to somebody who was stupid, right? Just say that stuff is 'quantum' and maybe they'd believe.

But I don't know how stupid one had to be to believe that tying a knot on your hand and then burying the string would help his eyes. Or pouring milk over the head. That's like straight up magic.

Edited by Oversleep

I don't want my mom to come visit tonight. 

Pretend the house burned down.

Wait, actually that might be a problem. Do you have a lighter? Then you could actually burn the house down.

*Authors note: Please do not actually burn the house down.

Pretend the house burned down.

Wait, actually that might be a problem. Do you have a lighter? Then you could actually burn the house down.

*Authors note: Please do not actually burn the house down.

Don't tempt me. <_<

"I know you're a really private person, and I respect that...most of the time...."

No you don't. You literally just asked me what my monthly rent was going to be, and before you left a few weeks ago, you storming bullied me into divulging how much money I had in my bank account. When I was 13, I caught you reading my diary, and you read an entry out loud so you could laugh at it. You have never once respected my privacy and you never will.