The Great Sanderson Tournament

Patar

He would have to have enough evidence to pierce it togheter first, and be smart enough to do it.

I still like Rashek more. He is way deeper in my opinion.

Obliteration is a pretty fascinating character himself.

Spoilers:

He believes Epics are inherently wicked, chosen by God to be the end of the world. Since he is an Epic, he believes he is wicked and beneath God's grace, beyond redemption. So he is on a mission to destroy the entire world, ending with himself, because although he's irrevocably separated from the God he follows, it's still his divine purpose and he has to fulfill it. It's one of the darkest and most interesting worldviews I've ever seen.

And behold, the King of the Kobolds looked out over the web, and heard the voice of Obliteration. His heart was filled with sorrow, for truly Obliteration was the most beloved to his sight; and so he declared in a voice brimming with royal majesty, "Hark--I doth vote for Obliteration, for the hearing of his cries fills my heart with sorrow."

And his vote was done.

Edited by Kobold King

Nightblood vs Obliteration is going to be interesting... XD

I'll vote Vasher, since I don't know too much about Dilaf. Not to mention, he did defeat one of the greatest swordmen of his time, he could try using that same trick again... :B

Obliteration is a pretty fascinating character himself.

Spoilers:

He believes Epics are inherently wicked, chosen by God to be the end of the world. Since he is an Epic, he believes he is wicked and beneath God's grace, beyond redemption. So he is on a mission to destroy the entire world, ending with himself, because although he's irrevocably separated from the God he follows, it's still his divine purpose and he has to fulfill it. It's one of the darkest and most interesting worldviews I've ever seen.

Interesting... Well, funny thing is that as I read more spoilers from the Reckoners I fell more like stopping disliking it for no good reason and just reading the damnation thing.

Someday. Books are expensive and I have many in my shelfs I still need to read :ph34r:

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

Interesting... Well, funny thing is that as I read more spoilers from the Reckoners I fell more like stopping disliking it for no good reason and just reading the damnation thing.

Someday. Books are expensive and I have many in my shelfs I still need to read:ph34r:

I'd highly recommend it, when you find the time. I had begun to believe there was no such thing as a good superhero novel, until I picked up ​Steelheart….

….and if nothing else, read it for David's metaphors. :lol: 

Vasher, probably, having either Nightblood or otherwise some hundred years of experience.

And yes. David's metaphors...they're as good as...calamitydamit, as (insert worst possible metaphor here, I am not creative enough)

Dilaf.  His training and extra strength/bones should allow him to win fairly easily.  Especially as Vasher doesn't have Nightblood.  After all Nightblood is a contestant and that would make it a handicap match.  A normal sword would glance off Dilaf's reinforced body so Vashers main trick also wouldn't work.  Best hope Vasher has is to immobilize Dilaf but that is a long shot at best.

I vote for Vasher too, firstly because I like the character and I really see him as THE master swordsman.

Secondly because I am only in the beginning of Elantris and I have no idea of what Dilaf is capable of yet (and I don't like him at all at the moment ^^'')

Dilaf. His training and extra strength/bones should allow him to win fairly easily. Especially as Vasher doesn't have Nightblood. After all Nightblood is a contestant and that would make it a handicap match. A normal sword would glance off Dilaf's reinforced body so Vashers main trick also wouldn't work. Best hope Vasher has is to immobilize Dilaf but that is a long shot at best.

Vashe can awaken his clothing to act as extra muscles, can't he? And his cloak can deflect blows. And imobilizing people is not that hard with a lot of Breaths.

I'm not even going to tally the results for this one, as I can tell Vasher won by a large margin. 

Next up is Sylphrena, a mischievous spren, against Adolin, a lady-killing Shardbearer who has shat himself no more than 3 times!