The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

Is there a serious cultural significance to the Parshendi gesture of cupping an ear and pointing?

Or is this the real world equivalent of "the bird"?

I think there might be. As in "I cannot hear your song. What are you, mute????" Seeing how important song and intonation are for them, I believe this might be a rather grave insult.

I think there might be. As in "I cannot hear your song. What are you, mute????" Seeing how important song and intonation are for them, I believe this might be a rather grave insult.

I was toying with the idea that they might be one  in the same. Mute didn't seem quite right though. Idk, perhaps every Rosharan gives off minute waveforms that the Listeners can pick up.

Here's lookin at you Isomere.

Would a parshman who received a Breath become like a Parshendi?

I'm also interested in what a Hemallurgic spike would do. It sort of turns into a new question though:

Is the magic behind Parshendi forms similar to kandra shapechanging? Is their need for spren similar to a kandra's need for Hemalurgic spikes to be intelligent?

I'm also interested in what a Hemallurgic spike would do. It sort of turns into a new question though:

Is the magic behind Parshendi forms similar to kandra shapechanging? Is their need for spren similar to a kandra's need for Hemalurgic spikes to be intelligent?

Kandra (or rather, mistwraiths) have a 'block' between the Physical and Mental when they don't have a Hemalurgic spike. Parshmen are obviously intelligent enough to complete tasks, but they seem to have no identity (which the spren give them).

I originally made a theory about Investiture granting identity, which allowed mistwraiths, parshmen, and Lifeless to act of their own volition, but the more I think about it, the more I think that the three are not the same.

I still think Breath would 'turn' a parshman into a Parshendi, though. That part of the theory works well enough. I just think it would require quite a bit more than 1 Breath.

Edited by Moogle

You hoping that profile pic is giving you some serious willpower in actuality?  :D

Something like that, yes.  ;)

Actually I thought of the question as I was thinking how well AonDor suited me, except that I can't draw a straight line to save my life, so it's out of the hope that I can cheat.

Edited by Serendipity

3*WoK and Heralds:

1. How honest is Jezren in the prelude (wishful  thinking does not count)?

2. Is the strange behaviour of Heralds' swords (disappearing on death, not disappearing when not held) caused by the nature of that swords or by the nature of the Heralds?

3. [if answer#2 = Heralds] Is Szeth using Jezren's sword?

2.Actually, shardblades don't have to disappear when not held either if the wielder wills it, allowing shardbearers to loan their blades and recall them whenever they want. I solemnly swear to eat my hat if the disappearing on death isn't caused by how the Heralds aren't actually dying, but merely moved elsewhere.

3. Due to a side detail in WoR, this is most likely the case.

2.Actually, shardblades don't have to disappear when not held either if the wielder wills it, allowing shardbearers to loan their blades and recall them whenever they want. I solemnly swear to eat my hat if the disappearing on death isn't caused by how the Heralds aren't actually dying, but merely moved elsewhere.

*Whistles*  :ph34r:

(But seriously guys, I need some reportage here. Especially with the massive surge in activity lately, I can't spot every oath myself.)

• When Dalinar sees Tanavast in his vision, there is no mention that Tanavast looked Shin, so I assume he has non-Shin (slanted) eyes. Is this right? What about Rayse and whoever holds/held Cultivation --- what eyes do they have?

If an Awakener went to Roshar and bled color from a gem, would this gem still hold Stormlight? Would that colorbled gem work for Soulcasting in the same way as before? Would an infused gem be resistant to bleeding color from it?

What happens if you Soulcast an Awakened object into something strange or non-Awakenable? (if it's possible, but Soulcasting living people is, so…)

Edited by Eri

If an Awakener went to Roshar and bled color from a gem, would this gem still hold Stormlight? Would that colorbled gem work for Soulcasting in the same way as before? Would an infused gem be resistant to bleeding color from it?

I would say no.  We have WoB that color is important to gems and that a gem with an "off" color would act like a bad alloy in Allomancy.

What color blood do Aimians and Larkins have? Do Aimians have blood?

(I'm asking if they have purple blood like Chasmfiends, or orange like Parshendi. It might have implications on which planet Aimians vs. Parshendi are from natively, if they aren't both from Roshar.)

Edited by Morsk