What are you playing right now?

I'm loving Tales of Zestiria :D  The prologue was slow, but it gave me the time to customize the basic setups so that was nice. It's picked up very nicely and flowing pretty well at this point now. The open world is really good, although not as good as Xenoblade's. There's an amazing amount of customizable outfit stuff for the characters that i was not expecting.

Recently played Fire Emblem Awakening, and I loved it. I downloaded a GBA emulator, and while I don't have as much time to play as I'd like, I enjoy playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones whenever I can. It's a ton of fun, and seems a bit harder than Awakening was. Or maybe I'm just bad. I'm probably just bad. I really like a lot of the characters too. I'm playing Eiraka's story right now, I found myself more attached to her, and I heard that Ephraim's story was harder than hers. Seth is an absolute monster, and Colm and Joshua have been serving me well too. After Sacred Stones, I really want to play Path of Radiance, I'm just in love with Fire Emblem right now. 

Recently played Fire Emblem Awakening, and I loved it. I downloaded a GBA emulator, and while I don't have as much time to play as I'd like, I enjoy playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones whenever I can. It's a ton of fun, and seems a bit harder than Awakening was. Or maybe I'm just bad. I'm probably just bad. I really like a lot of the characters too. I'm playing Eiraka's story right now, I found myself more attached to her, and I heard that Ephraim's story was harder than hers. Seth is an absolute monster, and Colm and Joshua have been serving me well too. After Sacred Stones, I really want to play Path of Radiance, I'm just in love with Fire Emblem right now. 

I Highly recommend Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, also known as Fire Emblem 7, also known in the US as simply Fire Emblem. It's the game they made before Sacred Stones (FE8). It's my favorite in the series, and is easily in my top 10 games ever. It was for the GBA so your emulator would work. It's also available on the Wii U eShop, as is FE8.

I Highly recommend Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, also known as Fire Emblem 7, also known in the US as simply Fire Emblem. It's the game they made before Sacred Stones (FE8). It's my favorite in the series, and is easily in my top 10 games ever. It was for the GBA so your emulator would work. It's also available on the Wii U eShop, as is FE8.

I'll definitely check it out!  

seconded.

though I constantly have the problem in fire emblem games where I get paralyzed with not wanting to lose a character, replay the same battle 12 times, then get sick of it.  during the times when that is not happening, they are very fun, and the original one released in the US was pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing Fallout New Vegas currently. I'm on a bit of a mission to unlock the last of the achievements I need for it. I only have about 7 left to go. I am not, however, looking forward to sitting through 30+ games of Caravan for that achievement.

I played D&D Online when it first came out. Thought it was great, if a bit limited.

I've just been playing my various pokemon games that I have going because I've been wanting to for different reasons. Diamond because I haven't faced Cynthia legit in years, White because I skipped that generation, Sapphire because I have multiple pokemon that I'm excited to finally use (Gardevoir, Absol, Aggron, Sableye, etc.), Leaf Green because I haven't played fully through Kanto before, and Soul Silver because I haven't fully played through Johto either. I have too many pokemon...

I've just been playing my various pokemon games that I have going because I've been wanting to for different reasons. Diamond because I haven't faced Cynthia legit in years, White because I skipped that generation, Sapphire because I have multiple pokemon that I'm excited to finally use (Gardevoir, Absol, Aggron, Sableye, etc.), Leaf Green because I haven't played fully through Kanto before, and Soul Silver because I haven't fully played through Johto either. I have too many pokemon...

I will smile, and nod, and pretend this makes sense to me :)

I've missed out on a bunch of Pokemon as well. Haven't played Diamond/Pearl, Black/White, X/Y, or Gold/Silver. I am playing through Omega Ruby right now, and I love the 3D features. I'm on my way to the elite four right now, and I'm looking forward to beating them, cause I've heard there is a ton more to do once the story is over. 

Have you played any of the Mystery Dungeon games? I played the first one all the time as a kid, and a new one is releasing soon, and me and my roomate are both going to get it. Hoping it will be as good as I remember.

Edited by patar365

Okay, I acknowledge that I'm biased on the subject, but Diamond and Pearl are my favorite of the series, with great starters a better story than most of the games, vast improvements over the previous ones, and I don't know many people who would disagree that Cynthia is one of if not the best champion of them all. Black and White are very eh, but I would still try them if you have the oppertunity. Gold and Silver are good to experience through the remakes and exploring an entire other region after the main story gives it one of the best post games of any of them (including ruby or sapphire)

I have played the mystery dungeon "Explorers of Darkness" and was quite impressed with the nicely pokemon themed dungeon crawler. I may get the new one, but I'm not sure.

I've been enjoying the heck out of Undertale, a deconstructive RPG with a really good story. The trailer didn't really get me interested, but the demo convinced me to buy it. Everything from the characters to the story to the way everything changes based on previous actions and decisions, it's all amazing. Highly recommend it, especially if you don't know anything about it and don't know what to expect.

Yeah, that misconception about pokemon is a bit of a sticking point for many people that I talk to. The beauty of the series (one of them at least) is that you can go through The game without any of the technical stuff, but you can also go through by messing around with the equivilent of genetics (soooo much math!). If you want to see the depth for yourself, episodes of an online show called "the dex" show it quite effectively. But I understand that it's not for everyone.

Edited by Amrynn

Somewhat off-topic, but is anybody else vaguely annoyed when a game penalizes you karma-wise for killing named characters but won't care at all if you mow down thousands of mooks? I'm looking at you, dark-side meter. Especially you, Force Unleashed.

I just hate karma meters in general, especially in an RPG where they keep offering you choices but there's only ever a benefit to going down one path or the other, alternating between them just reduces your rewards. Looking at you Infamous.  <_<