What are you playing right now?

I'm playing Hyrule Warriors (I've made Midna my main) because I got it over the holidays, but I have a continuous re-playthrough of Cave Story that I'm trying to get the Hell ending in. It's really hard, but still great even after... wait, it's been a decade already... that makes me feel old even though I'm really not.

There were several games I was badly tempted to buy over the steam holiday sale, but in the end I didn't get anything.

So right now, I'm finally getting back to Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast. It doesn't run as well as Academy, so it's a little frustrating.

Maybe I'll replay Arkham City in a bit. Tales of Symphonia is coming to steam in about a month, so I'll probably replay that, see how nice it is compared to my old GameCube copy.

The PC version will be the final version of the game, which is the Japanese PS2 copy. They finally localized that version of Symphonia two years ago for the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles PS3 game, which had both the original Symphonia, as well as it's sequel Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Though we got all the additional side quests added in, as well as all the Mystic Artes rather than only three, no new voice acting was added aside from the recordings they already had for the Mystic Artes. It's also much, much, much harder to get the Kratos ending over the Zelos ending. Otherwise the game is identical to the GCN version aside from HD quality cell shading, so unless you set out to do the side quests you won't notice much difference.

I'm playing Hyrule Warriors (I've made Midna my main) because I got it over the holidays, but I have a continuous re-playthrough of Cave Story that I'm trying to get the Hell ending in. It's really hard, but still great even after... wait, it's been a decade already... that makes me feel old even though I'm really not.

If you're really enjoying the game, I highly recommend the Heroes of Hyrule DLC pack. Aside from saving you a bit of money, the content easily triples the life of the game. The GameFAQs board for the game is also alive and well even this long after it's original release, though lately it's gotten boring with stupid arguments about Linkle. There's some good info on there though if you're enjoying yourself.

I'm replaying Baldurs Gate EE, this time as a Bard. I've limited my party to four so far in order to level up more quickly. I think dual classing a thief/Mage might have been a stronger build, but I'm enjoying it anyway. My character is neutral good, with very high charisma, intelligence, and dexterity(I got an insanely high stats roll in character creation) but my wisdom and strength are low ish. I like the evil party member characters, so my excuse for having them follow my good pc is my high charisma and lack of wisdom. My character is recognizes the strength of the evil characters( Dorn, Edwin, and Viconia) and is trying to harness their power for good. Unfortunately they sometimes sway him to do ill.

started replaying Link Between Worlds the other day on hero mode.  it's been a while since I last played, and basic light world enemies doing 2 hearts of damage makes it a lot harder (to say nothing of the lionels which do 7 or so hearts with their fire breath, or the dark world enemies that kill me by touching me)

I've been thinking about downloading The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind after I finish up Oblivion (if that ever happens). Can anybody who has played both let me know if it's worth it? I have heard that Morrowind is MUCH harder, but that I can work through on my own. And does it hold up well?

Edited by Patar365

I've been thinking about downloading The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind after I finish up Oblivion (if that ever happens). Can anybody who has played both let me know if it's worth it? I have heard that Morrowind is MUCH harder, but that I can work through on my own. And does it hold up well?

Morrowind is spectacular. It may well have been my favorite Elder Scrolls game they ever did.

On the Elderscrolls note; is anyone playing ESO on Xbox One? I could always use more people to play with. I'm on the Ebonheart Pact.

Edited by Iron Eyes

For the most part I don't really mind reading to much in games. As for graphics, I'm not super picky when it comes to how the game looks. If it does feel to dated, I suppose I could find a mod that makes it look more appealing. Now I definitely have to check it out, since you are both praising it as the best Elder Scrolls game yet!  

For the most part I don't really mind reading to much in games. As for graphics, I'm not super picky when it comes to how the game looks. If it does feel to dated, I suppose I could find a mod that makes it look more appealing. Now I definitely have to check it out, since you are both praising it as the best Elder Scrolls game yet!

I've never played an ES game, but from what I've heard from the people who take the time to play morrowind, it is the best.

I've almost wrapped up my play through of Baldurs Gate with my bard. I'm very familiar with the game( I've sunk 160 hours in) so it's been fun to power game and focusing on having fun and role playing instead of focusing on plot goals.

I've been playing some Mario kart double dash with my sister too, I'd forgotten how fun it can be.

I'm thinking about replaying either KotoR or a Batman Arkham game. I'm also almost certainly going to buy the original Deus Ex game next time it's on sale.

I've only played it on my old Xbox so never been into the mod side of this game. I know there's one out that revamp the graphics to Skyrim lvl. Idk if it's complete yet though. Most fans that start ES from Morrowind on agree it's the best with Skyrim as 2nd and Oblivion in dead last. I've never played Arena or Daggerfall.

I've only played it on my old Xbox so never been into the mod side of this game. I know there's one out that revamp the graphics to Skyrim lvl. Idk if it's complete yet though. Most fans that start ES from Morrowind on agree it's the best with Skyrim as 2nd and Oblivion in dead last. I've never played Arena or Daggerfall.

Wow, you've just described me in that. 

Started ES from Morrowind, then Oblivion, and lastly Skyrim. I liked Morrowind because it's storyline is much stronger than the other two. The cities are so different (eg, Balmora, and Vivec). And lastly, Dagoth Ur is much better antagonist than the other two. My only pet-peeve is that Morrowind should've fast travel like it is in Skyrim. Sometimes you just want to finish the quest, and not wander for hours in endless wasteland.

Morrowind is one of my favorite games ever!

Here's some tips from a master:

Morrowind is more like a old school rpg than a action oriented rpg like skyrim and oblivion. The combat is decided by hidden dice rolls based around a massive number of factors, armour skill, weapon skill, over all durability, current durability, current fatigue level ect. Nothing is leveled so avoid dangerous areas till you can tackel them. Magic does not regenerate without sleep, there is no limit on summoned creatures, try to keep you green bar not empty at lower levels, faction promotions take actual character skill so if you aren't very good with magic you wont advance in the mage guild until you meet there requirements, factions can clash sometimes you will be sent to kill important members of other factions and you can only be in one great house so look before you leap.

Also there is no fast travel but there is:

Transport systems like the mage guild teleportation system, silt striders, boats and the like.

Teleportation spells like mark, recall and the two interventions. These can be cast in dangerous situations to save your life or get all the loot back to town so it is good to carry a couple of scrolls for low level characters.

Flying and jump spells.

Acrobatics is faster than running at high levels. And combined with jump spells are my favorite way to travel.

Minor notes. Encumbrance affects movement speed and jump height so running at 499/500 pounds will be slow no matter your speed. Tellvani discriminate against non mages by how the build thier homes(cant fly to bad), cliff racers are annoying, greater bone walkers are evil, don't wear indoril to vivic especially at low levels because "You cannot escape the righteous!"

And finally quest characters can be killed but there is a back door to finishing the main quest even though it can be a pain.( I recommend reloading unless your going to be all hard core about it)

I hope this helps you if you get morrowind, happy adventuring!

Recently bought a Wii U (I have my reasons) and have been playing the Virtual Console Ocarina of Time, which I missed out on when it originally came out because I didn't have an N-64.  I'm familiar with the plot and most of the sidequests and so forth already (from friends who have played it and general cultural osmosis), but have never played through it before, is that is pretty fun.

Edited by Dunkum

I remember those days on my N64.  One of the best games ever made, and its not just nostalgia driving that opinion.

As to what I'm playing atm, I just beat mass effect 1, and started in on 2.  I've never played a run start to finish, from Me1-3.  And Certainly never played a run as a biotic the whole way through.  Being a biotic in 1 was interesting, and kinda fun.  Throwing folks up in the air, and keeping them there was a blast.

In 2, I think I may have chosen the wrong class.  Cause now I'm all about closing the distance with my enemy as fast as possible.  Then destroying that enemy as fast as possible.  Its defenitally a shift from my ususal soldier class.  But its not as fun as throwing people around with my mind.  So I may restart the game, and re-choose my choice in class.

I'm replaying Baldurs Gate EE, this time as a Bard. I've limited my party to four so far in order to level up more quickly. I think dual classing a thief/Mage might have been a stronger build, but I'm enjoying it anyway. My character is neutral good, with very high charisma, intelligence, and dexterity(I got an insanely high stats roll in character creation) but my wisdom and strength are low ish. I like the evil party member characters, so my excuse for having them follow my good pc is my high charisma and lack of wisdom. My character is recognizes the strength of the evil characters( Dorn, Edwin, and Viconia) and is trying to harness their power for good. Unfortunately they sometimes sway him to do ill.

Yeah, honestly 2e bards kinda sucked...

's a fun game.

Morrowind is one of my favorite games ever!

Here's some tips from a master:

Morrowind is more like a old school rpg than a action oriented rpg like skyrim and oblivion. The combat is decided by hidden dice rolls based around a massive number of factors, armour skill, weapon skill, over all durability, current durability, current fatigue level ect. Nothing is leveled so avoid dangerous areas till you can tackel them. Magic does not regenerate without sleep, there is no limit on summoned creatures, try to keep you green bar not empty at lower levels, faction promotions take actual character skill so if you aren't very good with magic you wont advance in the mage guild until you meet there requirements, factions can clash sometimes you will be sent to kill important members of other factions and you can only be in one great house so look before you leap.

Also there is no fast travel but there is:

Transport systems like the mage guild teleportation system, silt striders, boats and the like.

Teleportation spells like mark, recall and the two interventions. These can be cast in dangerous situations to save your life or get all the loot back to town so it is good to carry a couple of scrolls for low level characters.

Flying and jump spells.

Acrobatics is faster than running at high levels. And combined with jump spells are my favorite way to travel.

Minor notes. Encumbrance affects movement speed and jump height so running at 499/500 pounds will be slow no matter your speed. Tellvani discriminate against non mages by how the build thier homes(cant fly to bad), cliff racers are annoying, greater bone walkers are evil, don't wear indoril to vivic especially at low levels because "You cannot escape the righteous!"

And finally quest characters can be killed but there is a back door to finishing the main quest even though it can be a pain.( I recommend reloading unless your going to be all hard core about it)

I hope this helps you if you get morrowind, happy adventuring!

Thanks for this! With the giant Steam sale I finally downloaded it, so I'll start playing this tomorrow. I'm sure your advice will help out a bunch!

I just played Layers of Fear.

My right eye won't stop twitching and randomly crying

Why?

That game broke me

It gave me autism.

The trailer scared me but I played the game anyway

at night

in my room

in the middle of a storm

the storm blessed me by making me fall asleep

then I woke up 2 seconds later to thunder and witnessed my computer getting AIDS and Dyslexia

It was truly a horrifying event.

HOLY STORMS MY SCREEN JUST FLICKERED!
beeeeep